• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What are social justice warriors losing their shit about today?

Started by bateman, June 12, 2015, 06:46:40 PM

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 28, 2018, 11:18:47 AM
Just out of curiosity how are you able to tell my sign from me posting the cover of a Marilyn Chambers movie?  ???
Another brick in the wall...
Me

Jojo

Just out of curiosity how are you able to tell my sign from me posting the cover of a Marilyn Chambers movie?  ???
Another brick in the wall.
Quote from: Metron2267 on June 28, 2018, 12:07:45 PM
Oh come on, that's a non sequitur. ???
Marilyn Chambers was just another clue in a big pile, then.  Is that a better way of putting it?

Me

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 14 on June 28, 2018, 12:10:49 PM
Another brick in the wall.Marilyn Chambers was just another clue in a big pile, then.  Is that a better way of putting it?

Me

I still don't get it. ::)

Jojo

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 28, 2018, 08:25:49 AM
Classic victim mentality distortion lens.
Crime Stats.

That is 100% pure unadulterated rhetorical BULLSHIT! >:(

Go on any Craigslist and you'll find an adequate self-propelled lawnmower at a completely affordable price.
If your wife, girlfriend or daughter needed one, would you want her to approach someone on Craigslist alone about it?  Many women alone buy from retailers because there is some recourse if they are sold something which does not work right, or sold by a dangerous person, or don't receive the goods.  Craigslist or buying used does not provide enough civil protection for vulnerable citizens.  And, even if the deal is good, the mower is not going to propel itself out of the vehicle and into the shed.  Those ones are usually even heavier.

Claim REJECTED!

You my dear are quite koo koo! :o

Birds of a feather...      Me

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 28, 2018, 12:21:06 PM
I still don't get it. ::)
It wasn't that post which told me.  It was that post, on top of info known from prior posts.
Pieces of work, you two are.
Me

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 14 on June 28, 2018, 12:37:14 PM
It wasn't that post which told me.  It was that post, on top of info known from prior posts.
Pieces of work, you two are.
Me

Pure fantasy on your part. ::)

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 28, 2018, 12:41:05 PM
Pure fantasy on your part. ::)

So pure.
Nice talking to you all.  See you later - I had really early appointments all week, and you know I'm up until 2 almost every night...
Me

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on June 28, 2018, 12:10:49 PM
Another brick in the wall.Marilyn Chambers was just another clue in a big pile, then.  Is that a better way of putting it?

Me

OK, but I cannot fathom how these pieces add up in your mind...

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on June 28, 2018, 12:57:16 PM
So pure.
Nice talking to you all.  See you later - I had really early appointments all week, and you know I'm up until 2 almost every night...
Me

Toodles!

It's been "real"... ;D

paladin1991

Quote from: 14 on June 27, 2018, 03:21:01 PM
  It IS normal and NOT shameless for Italian women to go breed with Africans.  Black men are worldwide, no shame to be seen with them.  I suspect my real grandpa was secretly the mixed race mail carrier!  You never know a certain facet of being gaped agape until a black man loves you.  It is a very special feeling to have the deliberate love of the oppressed upon in you wrapped in the wings of the largeer gende member.
Me

https://youtu.be/PcZCGMCDzbU

paladin1991

Quote from: 14 on June 27, 2018, 04:07:57 PM
No, these were black knights.  Only one white guy helped me yesterday, yet many black men went out of their way to help me.  All of the men had a duty to help me regardless of their race.  This is typical in my world.  I am just supporting my statement that there is no shame in looking oreo in public.  Black men are great and it's just plain dull to criticize that Italian poster which supports diversity.
Me

Okay.  You are the white 'stuff' in the middle?

paladin1991

She knows that you are into asstrology.

WOTR

Quote from: 14 on June 28, 2018, 12:30:11 PM
If your wife, girlfriend or daughter needed one, would you want her to approach someone on Craigslist alone about it?  Many women alone buy from retailers because there is some recourse if they are sold something which does not work right, or sold by a dangerous person, or don't receive the goods.  Craigslist or buying used does not provide enough civil protection for vulnerable citizens.  And, even if the deal is good, the mower is not going to propel itself out of the vehicle and into the shed.  Those ones are usually even heavier.
Yes.  I would want her to act like a grown woman, suck it up and do what needs to be done.  There is no more recourse for a man if you buy something and it does not work correctly than there is for a woman.

I used to drive a blazer that was raised a foot and sat on 44 inch tires.  To get in, you had to brace your foot on the back tire tread, grab the door frame, and swing yourself into the seat.  I used to consider how a woman got in to be a pretty good indicator of our compatibility.  If I had to boost her in, we were doomed.  If she swung herself into the seat and then asked to drive next time, we were probably a good match.  You can imagine my thoughts on a woman who can not get herself a mower if she requires one...

Jojo

Quote from: WOTR on June 29, 2018, 01:18:39 AM
Yes.  I would want her to act like a grown woman, suck it up and do what needs to be done.  There is no more recourse for a man if you buy something and it does not work correctly than there is for a woman.

I used to drive a blazer that was raised a foot and sat on 44 inch tires.  To get in, you had to brace your foot on the back tire tread, grab the door frame, and swing yourself into the seat.  I used to consider how a woman got in to be a pretty good indicator of our compatibility.  If I had to boost her in, we were doomed.  If she swung herself into the seat and then asked to drive next time, we were probably a good match.  You can imagine my thoughts on a woman who can not get herself a mower if she requires one...

As for Blazers, I can get in.  But if I reach the pedals or transmission stick on some, I end up so sore later it's not worth it at all.
That's what retail is for. 

Being a "grown woman" involves being safe, and even when just simply dealing with male strangers on private property a woman must use prudence.  Like not do the transaction on private property.  Like do a background check on the man.  Like have a male friend present.  Wouldn't it be nice if Craigslist built in credibility factors like Amazon and eBay do?

Also, men think twice before cheating each other, but some men only think once before cheating a woman.  "What's she gonna do, yell?  Aw gee."  Whereas a man is capable of a lot more immediate destruction.  There are men who settle disputes with their fists, but a woman is seldom a match for a man (I know there are exceptions).  Also, many women have children at home and as such, don't want the children to be scared, so they are more likely to suffer abuse from a stranger silently.

When I used to need home and yard maintenance, men were always trying to jack up their prices, increase their minimums, jerk around the schedule, and charge me delivery fees, but if I had a male friend call in the order, no problem, all included, all on schedule. Opportunists and criminals are much more likely to target a smaller person.  Also, it's well known that woman owned businesses are often the last to be paid in business to business transactions.  It's not right, but it is true.

Me

Metron2267

Quote from: WOTR on June 29, 2018, 01:18:39 AM

Wow, you have told this whole story before...

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on June 29, 2018, 07:40:22 AM

Dollar Store.

QuoteBeing a "grown woman" involves being safe, and even when just simply dealing with male strangers on private property a woman must use prudence.  Like not do the transaction on private property.  Like do a background check on the man.  Like have a male friend present.  Wouldn't it be nice if Craigslist built in credibility factors like Amazon and eBay do?

Garage sale.

QuoteAlso, men think twice before cheating each other, but some men only think once before cheating a woman.  "What's she gonna do, yell?  Aw gee." 
Me

Oh wah!

So have a male friend handle the lawnmower purchase for you, sheesh...stop the "poor middle me" whining and get on with the reality of life.

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on June 28, 2018, 12:30:11 PM
Quote from: Metron2267 on June 28, 2018, 08:25:49 AM
Classic victim mentality distortion lens.
Crime Stats.

That is 100% pure unadulterated rhetorical BULLSHIT! >:(

Go on any Craigslist and you'll find an adequate self-propelled lawnmower at a completely affordable price.

Claim REJECTED!

You my dear are quite koo koo! :o

Birds of a feather...      Me

Well yeah, but I have no victim mentality about buying stuff - just some basic caution and verification chops.

If Craigslist terrifies you, have a male friend make the deal for you.

There are solutions, garage sales too, and swap meets, etc. etc...

WOTR

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 29, 2018, 07:51:14 AM
Wow, you have told this whole story before...

Including the bit about the lawn mower?

That is quite a memory that you have for a new member who just joined... I promise not to retell the story for at least another month (as long as I remember.)

WOTR

WOTR

Quote from: 14 on June 29, 2018, 07:40:22 AM

Being a "grown woman" involves being safe, and even when just simply dealing with male strangers on private property a woman must use prudence.  Like not do the transaction on private property.  Like do a background check on the man.  Like have a male friend present.  Wouldn't it be nice if Craigslist built in credibility factors like Amazon and eBay do?

Also, men think twice before cheating each other, but some men only think once before cheating a woman.  "What's she gonna do, yell?  Aw gee."  Whereas a man is capable of a lot more immediate destruction.  There are men who settle disputes with their fists, but a woman is seldom a match for a man (I know there are exceptions).  Also, many women have children at home and as such, don't want the children to be scared, so they are more likely to suffer abuse from a stranger silently.

My great aunts have been known to sell the occasional thing on the net and meet strangers on their property.  My mother bought her most recent car the same way.  My sister seems to buy and sell everything on the net (I doubt she has went a week in the last year without at least one transaction.)  You really have to put the danger in perspective and decide what is right.  I'm not saying that you are not right to be concerned (I don't know your history), but there are probably hundreds of thousands of women who take part in craigslist transactions every day (and I will admit that there will be the odd occasion where things "go wrong".  But trees also fall on pedestrians every now and then, as well...)

As to men not needing to worry... One of my closest friends is around 110 lbs.  I don't think that most men consider him a huge threat (and, to be honest, I would judge at least 50% of the male population to be too fat, old, disabled, or thin to be seen as even a slight threat.) Should these men who probably can't defend themselves avoid craigslist out of fear as well?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on June 29, 2018, 07:44:59 PM
My great aunts have been known to sell the occasional thing on the net and meet strangers on their property.  My mother bought her most recent car the same way.  My sister seems to buy and sell everything on the net (I doubt she has went a week in the last year without at least one transaction.)  You really have to put the danger in perspective and decide what is right.  I'm not saying that you are not right to be concerned (I don't know your history), but there are probably hundreds of thousands of women who take part in craigslist transactions every day (and I will admit that there will be the odd occasion where things "go wrong".  But trees also fall on pedestrians every now and then, as well...)

As to men not needing to worry... One of my closest friends is around 110 lbs.  I don't think that most men consider him a huge threat (and, to be honest, I would judge at least 50% of the male population to be too fat, old, disabled, or thin to be seen as even a slight threat.) Should these men who probably can't defend themselves avoid craigslist out of fear as well?

She should meet more people on Craigslist. Hopefully, one of them turns out to be a serial killer.

Quote from: Jackstar on June 29, 2018, 12:42:54 PM
Pie crust. Made from scratch.

Legit pie crust from scratch takes like 5 minutes, lol. Laminated dough, now that requires effort.

Metron2267

Quote from: WOTR on June 29, 2018, 07:36:08 PM
Including the bit about the lawn mower?

No, that part I don't recall.

QuoteThat is quite a memory that you have for a new member who just joined... I promise not to retell the story for at least another month (as long as I remember.)

Actually it's a good thing you told it again - I saw consistency!

Bravo.

Juan

Some women amuse me. One minute they’re demanding to be recognized as strong, independent women, capable of doing anything a man can. The next minute, they’re playing victim and demanding that some man, or the government, take care of them.

Metron2267

The whole emotional/reason bipolarity of women is quite the phenomenon to witness let alone live with. 8)