• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Lilith

I thought Don and Scott where interesting to listen to.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: brig on January 15, 2019, 12:00:33 AM
Ooooooh, Dave makes the Time Traveler "Club" sound so sexy.   ::)

But I already belong to the 700 Club. How can I belong to two clubs? It's that even allowed?

starrmtn001

Quote from: Liberace! on January 15, 2019, 01:50:55 AM
But I already belong to the 700 Club. How can I belong to two clubs? It's that even allowed?
Yes.  Double-clubs are allowed.  But there is a surcharge. :-*

Metron2267

Quote from: brig on January 15, 2019, 12:00:33 AM
Ooooooh, Dave makes the Time Traveler "Club" sound so sexy.   ::)

Who wouldn't want to be a virtual cuck? ::)

Quote from: brig on January 15, 2019, 12:56:49 AM
I thought Don and Scott where interesting to listen to.

Sounds like a morning show on a rock station.

chefist

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 15, 2019, 10:19:08 PM

Bwahaha. Bob and Dawn

Schrader being more pre-occupied with trying to be a TV “ghost hunter”. Would explain why the show sucks. Darkness on the edge of town was actually decent. The show he is currently doing is unrecognizable, me thinks the small bit of fame from filling in on C2C, location scouting for a ghost show, and being on the woo woo circuit has gone to his head.

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 15, 2019, 10:54:50 AM
I would not be sharing. ::)

Too late I believe she came with children before Dave. So Dave added to his 500 children when he got with her.

Also never talked about much which Dave mentioned was his adult “daughter” showed up on his one doorstep on day. He had no idea he was her sperm donator.

Like dude use some effing protection. Good old Dave also mentioned having baby momma stay at his house months before he mentioned marrying Winnie.

Lilith

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 15, 2019, 10:19:08 PM

LOL

I'm an America Unearthed fan, so it was one of the rare times that one of Daves shows appealed to me.  The two Coopers Treasure shows, I actually listened to also.  Other than that, I don't like listening to Dave.

VC

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 15, 2019, 10:23:03 PM
Schrader being more pre-occupied with trying to be a TV “ghost hunter”. Would explain why the show sucks. Darkness on the edge of town was actually decent. The show he is currently doing is unrecognizable, me thinks the small bit of fame from filling in on C2C, location scouting for a ghost show, and being on the woo woo circuit has gone to his head.
This is just confirmation and proof of the fucktard he is: evp ghost hunter want-to-be FB/CATV "looker status" media whore... pretending to be skeptical and he's a wrestling fanboy suckup.

VC

Quote from: brig on January 15, 2019, 10:30:02 PM
LOL

I'm an America Unearthed fan, so it was one of the rare times that one of Daves shows appealed to me.  The two Coopers Treasure shows, I actually listened to also.  Other than that, I don't like listening to Dave.
Are you a Trekkie fan? Surprised you didn't chronicle DS's show last night.

Lilith

Quote from: VC on January 16, 2019, 03:39:18 AM

Nope.

Metron2267

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 15, 2019, 10:26:41 PM
Too late I believe she came with children before Dave. So Dave added to his 500 children when he got with her.

Sounds like he really bought into Joorch and Coast's "sponsor akid" campaign... ::)

QuoteAlso never talked about much which Dave mentioned was his adult “daughter” showed up on his one doorstep on day. He had no idea he was her sperm donator.

Like dude use some effing protection. Good old Dave also mentioned having baby momma stay at his house months before he mentioned marrying Winnie.

Wow, The Angel Moroni grins in knowing delight!

Metron2267

Quote from: VC on January 16, 2019, 03:39:18 AM

I heard some and it was pretty OK until he brought on the Star Trek actor in the Gorn suit:

And then, in all his premature radio ejaculation haste, talked right over the guy, who's 81 now! Turned out the guy had fascinating stories to tell on that episode's filming and Dave was just so much in a hurry that the pacing was AWFUL!

http://www.startrek.com/article/gorn-to-be-wild-bobby-clark

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Bobby_Clark

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 16, 2019, 11:06:09 AM
the pacing was AWFUL!

I actually tough Schrader was the perfect hire. As I've said numerous times I liked DOTEOT, when he took over MITD it is a different show.

The pacing and feel of the show is awful. It feels like it is recorded at noon and is listless and lifeless. There are no underlying tones, it is just a discombobulated mess.

Metron2267

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 16, 2019, 11:57:35 AM
I actually tough Schrader was the perfect hire. As I've said numerous times I liked DOTEOT, when he took over MITD it is a different show.

The pacing and feel of the show is awful. It feels like it is recorded at noon and is listless and lifeless. There are no underlying tones, it is just a discombobulated mess.

And last night Dave was rather over-caffeinated. Bobby Clark could barely get a word out before Dave was finishing his thought for him, etc.

Just very BAD radio, totally unnecessary. Who makes and 81 year old guy fight the host to get a word in?

I'll take your word that Darkness was better, I mean how could it have been worse?

Lilith

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 16, 2019, 01:16:10 PM
And last night Dave was rather over-caffeinated. Bobby Clark could barely get a word out before Dave was finishing his thought for him, etc.

Just very BAD radio, totally unnecessary. Who makes and 81 year old guy fight the host to get a word in?

I'll take your word that Darkness was better, I mean how could it have been worse?

Whenever Dave talks, I feel like I'm listening to a Weatherman.

The interrupting is very Heather-like.

Metron2267

Quote from: brig on January 16, 2019, 01:37:48 PM
Whenever Dave talks, I feel like I'm listening to a Weatherman.

The interrupting is very Heather-like.

Wow, that is a really insightful analogy - yes. He's hurrying to get to the long range outlook before the guest has told him what happened today.

It's a shame too because Bobby Clark eventually warmed up and was going great guns and Dave just kind of "phased" him off...

Seems like most times I'll listen there will be a reason not to again. Pity, if nothing else the franchise deserved better.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 16, 2019, 11:57:35 AM

Dave sucks as a host and shouldn't have been hired

Corona Kitty

Dave tries to make everyone perceive that he's intelligent, he's just another scripted zero.

Metron2267

Quote from: username on January 16, 2019, 03:46:52 PM
Dave tries to make everyone perceive that he's intelligent, he's just another scripted zero.

The first rule of being a good interviewer is to be a better listener. This one you have mastered. On Fox I enjoy seeing Mark Steyn do much the same thing yet his questions when posed are always thoughtful and researched out. Perhaps Dave is trying to overcompensate for...hehe... ::)

Element 115

I haven’t listened to Dave in eons. I resubscribed when he signed on then cancelled just before the 2nd billing cycle. I didn’t find him that great. Bateman or Myke would do better.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 16, 2019, 04:10:03 PM
The first rule of being a good interviewer is to be a better listener. This one you have mastered. On Fox I enjoy seeing Mark Steyn do much the same thing yet his questions when posed are always thoughtful and researched out. Perhaps Dave is trying to overcompensate for...hehe... ::)

He's a betaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Chad Jacobs

As a fan of paranormal radio I greatly appreciate Schrader. That said I thought he was superior when he had Tim as a cohost on Darkness Radio. Tim is more of a skeptic and seemed to bring out Dave’s wit and humor. Also I believe that three or four hours with a single guest produces a more satisfying experience. I also like Dave Scott at Spaced Out radio and of course Clyde Lewis is in a class by himself, but Clyde doesn’t do that many guests and when he does only keeps them for an hour or so.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on January 18, 2019, 06:40:04 AM
As a fan of paranormal radio I greatly appreciate Schrader. That said I thought he was superior when he had Tim as a cohost on Darkness Radio. Tim is more of a skeptic and seemed to bring out Dave’s wit and humor. Also I believe that three or four hours with a single guest produces a more satisfying experience. I also like Dave Scott at Spaced Out radio and of course Clyde Lewis is in a class by himself, but Clyde doesn’t do that many guests and when he does only keeps them for an hour or so.

Lots of beta males listed above.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Element 115 on January 17, 2019, 10:29:12 PM
I haven’t listened to Dave in eons. I resubscribed when he signed on then cancelled just before the 2nd billing cycle. I didn’t find him that great. Bateman or Myke would do better.

I have Zero doubts, about what you just posted.

Metron2267

Quote from: VC on October 23, 2018, 10:53:42 AM
The ONLY REASON you escaped being "found-out" and then trashed and shit-canned for the Art Bell Hijacker "rapist" YOU ARE is the HW meltdown.

You are job #1 here - when your info. is out you will have NO LIFE EVER AGAIN, motherfucker!

BOOK IT!

Metron2267

Quote from: VC on October 20, 2018, 12:37:10 AM

What kind of a man are you calling me a coward? And, I can't respond.

You want to respond COWARD?

Go for it.

I would gladly FUCK YOU UP BIG TIME in person, you gutless sand crab puke!

Lilith

TidePods Dave!

I would have tuned in if the second guest was on first.

Maybe another night.