• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Get a free year?!? Meh.

I also received the email posted above after a year of not subscribing. I responded with "REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SPAM LIST" and this was the reply:

QuoteI understand your frustration and will ask support to remove you from the member's list.
Seems the list is not current and includes those who have canceled.

I want to offer you a year's free membership if you want it.

At the end of that free year, if you want and ONLY if you want, I will send you a link to subscribe at the original $5 fee.

All the Best!

Kynthea
Producer: The Other Side Of Midnight
www.theothersideofmidnight.com

Pablo Smash

Hogie left the mic open after the show ended. Last 7 minutes of the show after the show was over was full of content ::). They were all stroking each others ego's on how marvelous they all are.

astroguy

Quote from: Pablo Smash on October 29, 2017, 01:09:40 PM
Hogie left the mic open after the show ended. Last 7 minutes of the show after the show was over was full of content ::). They were all stroking each others ego's on how marvelous they all are.
Yup, the circle jerk starts at 2hr 58min 5sec on the Blogtalk audio download.  Amazing.

Nobody

Quote from: Radio Activity on October 29, 2017, 12:49:51 PM
Kynthea
Producer: The Other Side Of Midnight

When you consider that this woman is working for Hoagland for free, coupled with the fact that she must move through life after having the name "Kynthea" inflicted on her by her parents, the pathos is almost too much to bear.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Nobody on October 29, 2017, 01:34:12 PM
When you consider that this woman is working for Hoagland for free, coupled with the fact that she must move through life after having the name "Kynthea" inflicted on her by her parents, the pathos is almost too much to bear.

I'm sure you'll find a way to be entertained by it.  ;)

Nobody

Quote from: Pablo Smash on October 29, 2017, 01:09:40 PM

Are you implying that they were not, in fact, marvelous?  :P

All joking aside, I hope everyone reading this fared a great deal better than I did when it came to wringing a few laughs out of that hideous abortion of a show.  The only one I got was in the very last of those seven minutes when Hoagland complimented Greg Ahrens on his "work" and how "it grounded us in a measurable reality."

The idea of Hoagland being acquainted with reality is enough to make anyone laugh.

albrecht

Quote from: Nobody on October 29, 2017, 02:18:50 PM
Are you implying that they were not, in fact, marvelous?  :P

All joking aside, I hope everyone reading this fared a great deal better than I did when it came to wringing a few laughs out of that hideous abortion of a show.  The only one I got was in the very last of those seven minutes when Hoagland complimented Greg Ahrens on his "work" and how "it grounded us in a measurable reality."

The idea of Hoagland being acquainted with reality is enough to make anyone laugh.
And the "measurably reality." I love that he, apparently, didn't know the the show can be downloaded for free from BTR, amazing. RCH in this get-up looks amazingly like a homeless guy I saw some weeks ago walking across the street between a bus stop and shopping center/liquor store.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_woVHaJKw0

is this interview with some woman who sounds like every nutbag middle aged spinster cat lady a live show?  hoagie asking her to give an overview of 9/11 because there are millennials in the audience who may not know much about it. lol there's not a millennial who's ever heard of Richard C. Hoagland.

Hoagie has an incredible 22 followers on BlogTalkRadio, 13 of whom probably clicked a button by accident.

astroguy

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on October 29, 2017, 10:19:50 PM
is this interview with some woman who sounds like every nutbag middle aged spinster cat lady a live show?  hoagie asking her to give an overview of 9/11 because there are millennials in the audience who may not know much about it. lol there's not a millennials who's ever heard of Richard C. Hoagland.

Hoagie has an incredible 22 followers on BlogTalkRadio, 13 of whom probably clicked a button by accident.
How do you see # followers?  I just loaded it up and don't see it.  I'm not good with modern tech, I still haven't figured out how to use a phonograph, fax machine, nor heard of this thing called "you-ess-bee."

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/tosom  look below the thumbnail of the dashing mature man and you'll see a 'Follow' button and beside it '
'Episodes 11 Followers 22 '

astroguy

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on October 29, 2017, 10:26:41 PM
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/tosom  look below the thumbnail of the dashing mature man and you'll see a 'Follow' button and beside it '
'Episodes 11 Followers 22 '
Ah. So it's not people actively listening necessarily, it's just people who have "subscribed."

Quote from: astroguy on October 29, 2017, 10:27:50 PM
Ah. So it's not people actively listening necessarily, it's just people who have "subscribed."

correct

just a guess but i'd say Hoagie has about 40 people listening at any given time, 100 tops.

SnapT

Hoagland was mentioned by Joe Rogan this week in a podcast and live video on YouTube that now has over 1 million views, so SOME millenials have certainly heard of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n_3mnJfHzY

Hoagland should be livestreaming his show on YouTube, that's where the audience (and the money) is. And it'd be REAL "radio with pictures"!  BlogTalkRadio is an ancient relic like what you find on Mars.

comaphobe

did he already exit the 250 watt las vegas station that played all the ratpack music? Was he on hiatus again before he went to wordpress radio? What the hell happened I wonder...

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: SnapT on October 30, 2017, 01:01:28 AM
Hoagland should be livestreaming his show on YouTube, that's where the audience (and the money) is. And it'd be REAL "radio with pictures"!  BlogTalkRadio is an ancient relic like what you find on Mars.

It's really the most telling thing. I wouldn't advocate that anyone tell him that YouTube is where it's at, but Hoagland missed a huge boat. Like walking past a gold mine to open a hot dog stand on the roadside. Art et al missed it too, and what's left continues to miss it.

PaulAtreides

OK, Richard, here's the deal.  No more conspiracy shows for at least 6 months and no more JFK or 911 conspiacy shows EVER.  Kapish?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PaulAtreides on October 30, 2017, 09:59:45 AM
OK, Richard, here's the deal.  No more conspiracy shows for at least 6 months and no more JFK or 911 conspiacy shows EVER.  Kapish?

The snowflake! He's melting! HE"S MELTING!!  :o

;D

SnapT

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 30, 2017, 03:38:24 AM
It's really the most telling thing. I wouldn't advocate that anyone tell him that YouTube is where it's at, but Hoagland missed a huge boat. Like walking past a gold mine to open a hot dog stand on the roadside. Art et al missed it too, and what's left continues to miss it.

Exactly.

Nobody

Quote from: PaulAtreides on October 30, 2017, 09:59:45 AM

At the 1:04:21 mark, you can hear last night's guest boast about how she was responsible for next Saturday's guest.  And what is Daniel P. Sheehan's specialty, you ask:

QuoteSince 2015 Sheehan has lectured on American history, politics and the assassination of John F. Kennedy at the University of California, Santa Cruz.

I thought it best to warn you now rather than have you chuck your laptop across the room in sheer exasperation next weekend the way I nearly did with my laptop this morning.  :(

Nobody

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on October 29, 2017, 10:19:50 PM
is this interview with some woman who sounds like every nutbag middle aged spinster cat lady a live show?

B. Honegger has to be the Worst Guest Ever.  Hearing her is like listening to your hysterical Victorian maiden aunt when she is in desperate need of the smelling salts.

albrecht

Quote from: astroguy on October 29, 2017, 01:22:15 PM
Yup, the circle jerk starts at 2hr 58min 5sec on the Blogtalk audio download.  Amazing.
What was amazing is that they continued to talk about these topics with seemingly true-believer status. I wasn't paying super-attention but I was expecting more like a charlantan tv preacher, or politician, who goes backstage after a broadcast and swills some scotch talks shit with his employees about how many donations they got, gets head from the secretary, and then goes home to his wife and kids.

Or bitching about technical quality, how to get more listeners, the "delivery" of certain speakers/researchers, etc. In other words make the show better. But they seemed to want to keep on going about Corn God sacrifices, angles, models, etc? Like the kooks were really believing this stuff and were sitting around some sacred circle in Sonana (or Miami  ;) ,) smoking grass, and rapping. Weird stuff.

PaulAtreides

I see nothing posted anywhere regarding this weekend.  I wonder if Hoagy is taking another weekend off.  What might the excuse be?

Morgus

Quote from: PaulAtreides on November 03, 2017, 03:23:17 PM
I see nothing posted anywhere regarding this weekend.  I wonder if Hoagy is taking another weekend off.  What might the excuse be?
Probably Hoagie hasn't managed to line up a new guest yet?
He will probably go with a last minute thing.

Nobody

Quote from: PaulAtreides on November 03, 2017, 03:23:17 PM

Choose one:

Hangnail

Falkov unable to find key to "gimp" costume she keeps him in during the rest of the week.

Abducted by the order of nuns responsible for his early education.  The nuns have seen the way Hoagland has turned out, don't like it, and have decided to give him the time-honoured cement overcoat treatment reserved for errant pupils.

Morgus

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Morgus on November 03, 2017, 11:37:49 PM
Hoagie found some guests afterall for Saturday night:

More JFK crap?  He's dead, Hoagy.  He's dead.

Nobody

Quote from: PaulAtreides on November 04, 2017, 06:57:34 AM
More JFK crap?  He's dead, Hoagy.  He's dead.

I suspect the subject matter takes a takes a distant second place to the fact that last Sunday's guest did all the heavy lifting for Hoagland and arranged for D. Sheehan to appear.  :)

It will be interesting to see who Hoagland gets for Sunday.  My impression during his WBCQ tenure was that Hoagland was starting to show distinct signs of scraping the bottom of the guest barrel; his transition from broadcaster to webcaster doesn't seem likely to help his chances of getting decent guests.