• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

weeberwubber

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 01, 2018, 10:32:27 AM
Someone earlier said it will likely be Tim from Spooky Southcoast.

Not a bad guess especially since he's the only soul on earth openly expressing interest. :)

yoursongs

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 01, 2018, 05:32:43 AM
I don't know if there are new episodes, but I'm guessing there are. Yep.

Have you ever heard Zack/Zak? say the word "mercury"? It's a real hoot.

I emailed Howard Hughes also.  I'd resub in a second if he joined DMRN.  He doesn't get any money for his podcast, and while I think his shows are too short, they're mostly pretty interesting.  He does have a show (or did) that he does on the weekends. Guy doesn't make enough to support himself doing all of this, but he loves it.  He may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if he could make it work out, he's big enough to pull in American listeners. IMO.

Howard responded to my 3rd email as well this morning.  His words were "of course" when asked if he'd be interested in the gig.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: trostol on May 01, 2018, 11:10:59 AM
i am interested to see who these..exciting short list people are...of course bateman would be excellent..but i am not sure i can see him having the desire to put in the time til ..3..4 in the morning nightly to do a live show..though he does have the much wider subject that could bring the fans back and new ones in

it's gonna end up being someone that no one really knows or wants to hear more of

frankly Keith needs to pretty much shut down the .."Art Bell" show and go in a new direction so people do not feel someone else..is trying to sit in Art's seat

I think another problem is that the paranormal has been done to death. Podcasts, endless YouTube channels, websites ... all free. Without Art Bell around, the genre is just full and it seems unlikely that something sitting behind a paywall can go anywhere. Any new host would need to be very informed and very broad in their interests willing to step out of the tired world of the paranormal and into the other weird and interesting stuff that's out there. Bateman was good for that.

Commode

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 01, 2018, 11:49:12 AM
I think another problem is that the paranormal has been done to death. Podcasts, endless YouTube channels, websites ... all free. Without Art Bell around, the genre is just full and it seems unlikely that something sitting behind a paywall can go anywhere. Any new host would need to be very informed and very broad in their interests willing to step out of the tired world of the paranormal and into the other weird and interesting stuff that's out there. Bateman was good for that.

That's what they said about Krispy Kream! They went huge when doughnuts were considered superbad for you. It's all about establishing authority, and branding it as something everyone must have some of. I'm telling you guys: Art Bell Jr. or even Eric Bell. That is how you continue the franchise. Art Jr. is best because he got disowned and needs the money. If he can bring the gay neighbor from Bewitched nance, it will sell big-time! "Oh honey! tell me about those probes!"

Roswells, Art

She also said on the GabCast, "If someone else needs to be hosting the show, hey, lets get that person, otherwise, I'm going on."

Yet another lie considering her refusal to accept a guest host.

http://www.ufoship.com/?m=201601

Lilith

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 01, 2018, 10:36:48 AM
You know, Bateman and MV remind me vaguely (loveably) of Dennis Miller.  These catz are smart.  And so is their presentation.  It's no wonder you don't get it.

I think MV and Bateman, sometimes separately, sometimes together, sometimes in a roundtable with Keith and other budding hosts  as fill ins, or included in roundtables would be great.  Current Events, History, Crime, Paranormal, Something for everyone, and a surprise every night.

dsz

Quote from: brig on May 01, 2018, 08:31:00 AM
Hasn't he ALWAYS had technical issues?  Yeah, he was much better when he was on C2C than after he got his own show going IMO

If you liked JBW on Coast his Ark show on Saturday nights is a lot closer to it than CTM when the guest isn't dull and droning. My favorite part of CTM these days is when he yells at the news but he will also have some incredible guests occasionally there too. The Ark show keeps adding and adding affiliates so he must be doing something right. Plus it has the magic of live. I just wish he'd branch out his topics some more as of late. I still think he could beat Saturday Coast if he had half their number of affiliates. As for technical issues...

Lilith

Quote from: BettyO417 on May 01, 2018, 11:10:20 AM
Ditto! Although MV has stated the paranormal genre wasn’t what gets him hot (oh, I could have used  so many other synonyms ;D )!!!!! Maybe Bateman and a sprinkle of MV!

I can't see "mostly paranormal" making it these days.  They could  invite Curtis to host a paranormal show now and then for a Paranormal night.

trostol

Pretty much. ..not that the genre has dried up but just been bled out too much

Dyna-X

Bingo. More than one Ghosts and Hobgoblins show a week outside of Halloween week is not going to pay off for DMRN no matter who is in the seat. Any new show should have more cowbells, conspiracy and science!

Commode

Quote from: trostol on May 01, 2018, 12:04:45 PM
Pretty much. ..not that the genre has dried up but just been bled out too much

The general public is stupid as fuck. Letting this franchise die is incredibly stupid. There is money to be made. You couldn't start what Art Bell did now, but you can continue it. It would be like letting Ford Motors go under because Kia and Toyota exist. You can sell these dumb motherfuckers this!

Lilith

Quote from: yoursongs on May 01, 2018, 11:48:35 AM
Howard responded to my 3rd email as well this morning.  His words were "of course" when asked if he'd be interested in the gig.

I would listen to Howard if he got the spot.

Sean92008

Quote from: nooryisawesome on May 01, 2018, 09:44:59 AM
Why again does any Sheriff department need to post this on Facebook?
Kills gossip and out of hand rumormongering.  SOP

Commode

Get Art Bell Jr. Make him super faggy on the air. Change the name to "Art Bells' Big Nerdy ELO-ish Anal Probe", and hit the mutha-fuggin' LIGHTS!

You want to make money? Then get the buck on, and get the fuck on! Pull this together and fucking GO! BITCH!

Dateline

I would like to see the show go the way Ian took Coast, a vast array of subjects, but unusual, captivating, including the paranormal, but not as the main subject.  You could have a radio Discovery show meets the History Channel meets the paranomal and new Age, something for everyone.

K_Dubb

Quote from: brig on May 01, 2018, 12:06:09 PM
Me TOO!

;D  He won me over with that show Keith played, despite the schtick.  All the other hosts were like what Art means to Me but NtR dug up some cool old stuff and talked about Art.  When the next tribute came on and it was back to personal reflections you could feel the air go out of the room .. er, stream .. er something you know what I mean.

Lilith

Quote from: dsz on May 01, 2018, 11:59:41 AM
If you liked JBW on Coast his Ark show on Saturday nights is a lot closer to it than CTM when the guest isn't dull and droning. My favorite part of CTM these days is when he yells at the news but he will also have some incredible guests occasionally there too. The Ark show keeps adding and adding affiliates so he must be doing something right. Plus it has the magic of live. I just wish he'd branch out his topics some more as of late. I still think he could beat Saturday Coast if he had half their number of affiliates. As for technical issues...

I hear you, but I feel like I subscribed to him long enough and gave him more than enough chance to deliver what he promised in the opening days, live video stream with chat.  And I got REALLY tired of the religious tirades.

Lilith

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 01, 2018, 12:13:48 PM
;D  He won me over with that show Keith played, despite the schtick.  All the other hosts were like what Art means to Me but NtR dug up some cool old stuff and talked about Art.  When the next tribute came on and it was back to personal reflections you could feel the air go out of the room .. er, stream .. er something you know what I mean.

I enjoyed every moment listening to him!  And yes, I know what you mean.  He had an energy, endearing, brave, and interesting.

Roswells, Art

My second to last comment on the bateman/wade argument on the GabCast is that she said that she could fire Keith Rowland.

Fuck it. I have a lot more things to say about it.

One of them is that she was as boring on this GabCast even though the topic was interesting. It was only the part where bateman was talking to her that was interesting.

chefist

Quote from: brig on May 01, 2018, 12:17:21 PM
I enjoyed every moment listening to him!  And yes, I know what you mean.  He had an energy, endearing, brave, and interesting.

Which show, Brig?

Dyna-X

Quote from: brig on May 01, 2018, 12:15:30 PM
... And I got REALLY tired of the religious tirades.
Brig gets it.  :) Less religion more religious conspiracies.
I know you were not a big fan of Heather, Brig, but I give her credit for doing her part to expose Scientology.

Commode

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 01, 2018, 12:20:57 PM
My second to last comment on the bateman/wade argument on the GabCast is that she said that she could fire Keith Rowland.

Fuck it. I have a lot more things to say about it.

One of them is that she was as boring on this GabCast too even though the topic was interesting. It was only the part where bateman was talking to her that was interesting.

Hear how FAGGY Bateman sounds? Like a catty little queen! People like that! You just proved my Art Bell Jr. idea.

Lilith

Quote from: chefist on May 01, 2018, 12:21:01 PM
Which show, Brig?

Nick the Rat Chefist

http://nicktherat.com/

I think the "Radio" link leads to his archive.

Lilith

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 01, 2018, 12:22:01 PM
Brig gets it.  :) Less religion more religious conspiracies.

YES :D

bwhahahahaha

Commode

Art Bells': Aliens & Faggot Shit

SELL IT FATSO!

Grifynne

KR has officially changed the locks, according to second-hand Heather.

yoursongs

Will this thread eventually be buried, since the show is going under soon?  Whatever KR comes up with, surely the name MITD will be retired won't it?  Just change the name from Heather to Howard.

yoursongs

Quote from: Grifynne on May 01, 2018, 12:26:15 PM
KR has officially changed the locks, according to second-hand Heather.

So funny, Keith has always had control.   He fucking OWNS the network!  What part of that doesn't HW and her big-handed minions understand? LOL