• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Doesn't Suck As Much Anymore and Must Have a Secret Avatar!

Started by Jojo, January 29, 2018, 01:47:13 PM

George Noory Has Improved

Once (support your answer...)
2 (9.1%)
Twice
0 (0%)
Three times
1 (4.5%)
Over the last few years
0 (0%)
He no longer sucks!
2 (9.1%)
That is a fallacy
17 (77.3%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Jojo

Quote from: Robert on January 30, 2018, 08:38:40 PM
A smug emcee might be one I love to hate.  Howard A. Stern was smug, & good.

David Brudnoy I always liked, but then at one point he started to sound a bit mean, & my rxn was, "Good, he's developing a harder edge."  Later we found out that's when he was feeling sick from AIDS.

Brian Lehrer I always liked, but he too at a certain point changed his style (as well as a few other things about his show), developing a bit of snark, & I liked that too.But I thought the most common complaint about Noory was mine, i.e. that he sounded like he was not only not paying att'n to the people he interviewed or to phoners-in, but even to himself.  And that on the few occasions he felt like he had to "contribute", it was likely to be to the detriment of the show, by derailing good discussion.  The most reasonable explanation was not talentlessness but carelessness.Which could mean he's already all washed up w/o even having touched the soap.  Maybe he's a low energy person, or ill,  or maybe he's expending his energy some other way.  He does not make things sound easy on radio, he makes it sound hard.That he does.  Better than merely decent IMO.  He should get more voice work.Too often the wrong kind of "simple".
I see.  Yes, that insensitivity has been a primary complaint!

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 30, 2018, 08:30:06 PM
I cite the conversation.  He had clearly offered tons of help and support over time, and she turned into a complete lunatic.  If it was a fight, they would have stopped it.  Oh wait, they did.
I didn't hear it that way, but it could be that I missed some subtleties.

Corona Kitty

I can't personally say anything bad about Noory, to be honest he's always been nice to me and even put me on Coast. I can't say the same for everyone involved over at Coast to Coast a.m.

Dateline

Quote from: username on February 01, 2018, 01:23:36 AM
I can't personally say anything bad about Noory, to be honest he's always been nice to me and even put me on Coast. I can't say the same for everyone involved over at Coast to Coast a.m.

Norry is a supposed actor and entertainer.  He plays the part of being nice.  Would you pay to go see a show if he were mean to you?  Nice equates to money.

GravitySucks

Quote from: username on February 01, 2018, 01:23:36 AM

$10 says he changes subject after the commercial and the previous question gets ignored.

GravitySucks

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 01, 2018, 01:35:45 AM
$10 says he changes subject after the commercial and the previous question gets ignored.

OK. Everyone owes me $10.  I’ll split it with MV.

TigerLily

Quote from: Jojo on January 29, 2018, 01:47:13 PM
George Noory doesn't suck as much anymore.  ...

Not in my Universe.  But I appreciate your optimism

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Dateline on February 01, 2018, 01:32:33 AM
Norry is a supposed actor and entertainer.  He plays the part of being nice.  Would you pay to go see a show if he were mean to you?  Nice equates to money.

He's an actor?

albrecht

Quote from: TigerLily on February 01, 2018, 11:56:02 AM
Like those guys who shouldn't quit their day job. I wish he would quit his night job
And these guys keep giving him longer term and relatively, considering performance, contracts? But can't pay their debtors.
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180201005556/en/iHeartCommunications-Announces-Elected-Interest-Payment-Unsecured-Notes

Jojo

Quote from: ItsOver on January 29, 2018, 04:56:32 PM
Plus, this is TrumpGab.  Folks come here and conclude this is the place where Pud comes on a daily basis to express his undying love for The Donald.

Oh I see!

Robert

Quote from: username on February 01, 2018, 03:30:04 PM

oh my...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpiLHVyMHMM

You're telling me you did not like this classic rendition sir?
Huh.  I knew he had a great speaking voice, but never that he could sing like that.  Impressive.  He really should do more voice work & singing for audiences like that.  He's just wasted as an emcee.

I hope he does get more suitable work & have to give up C2C.