• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

cosmic hobo

Listen to The Other Side of Midnight here:
http://live.kcaastreaming.com/

I heard the Gab Casters speculating on who is hosting the show directly after Midnight in the Desert called The Other Side of Midnight and what the show will be about. I have only seen a little bit of speculation or discussion about it on Bell Gab and was surprised that it didn't have it's own thread.

So what do we know about this mysterious show?

Things We Know:

* We know that they are offering a $5 a month subscription of access to archives of this show.
* We know that it will air directly after Midnight in the Desert and will run from Midnight to 2am Pacific.
* We know that the host will be announced soon.

Things We Don't Know:

* We don't who will be the host.
* We don't know what format the show will take whether it be a wrap up type show of Arts or a stand alone show with it's own unique content.

Things That Have Been Speculated:

* The host has to be someone known to command a $5 subscription
* The host could be anyone from Richard C Hoagland to MV to (redacted) to Falkie.
* The show may be a wrap up show
* The show may be a stand alone show.

So what do you guys think? Let's speculate. Go!

Jackstar

chefist

Quote from: Jackstar on June 24, 2015, 09:15:54 PM
It will be someone you have never or barely heard of.

tough call...Stern's Wrap Up Show is free with your subscription...as it should be...it's just promotion, not original content...

bateman

Jackstar

I have a hunch who it is, but nothing solid.

It's five bucks--I don't care if it is a gang of squirrels playing the pan flute. If it sucks, I can simply... not pay another five dollars next month.

The advantage of having paid for it already is that now I have the right to complain!

Which makes it all the more meaningful that I have no complaints.

Yet.

A point-counterpoint show with Falkie and (redacted) would get my $5.00

zeebo

I'm hoping it'll be MV & Aldous reading the entire GNS thread aloud.

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on June 24, 2015, 09:53:48 PM
If Aldous reads his posts the way he writes them, I'd tune in.

Ms. C

Quote from: bateman on June 24, 2015, 09:19:11 PM
Then why would anyone pay the $5?

Yes, this is my question also!  It makes no logical sense.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: zeebo on June 24, 2015, 09:53:48 PM

If it were me, that would be news to me. I already told you guys on The Gabcast who it is anyway.

lonevoice

It's one of the most intriguing questions of the moment.  It has to be someone who believes there will be a crossover audience from Art Bell listeners, someone well-known enough to ask $5 for a subscription, and someone Art feels is compatible with his programming.  Guesses have included John B Wells, Phil Hendrie, Richard C Hoagland, and Whitley Streiber.  Other possibilities might include Ian Punnett or George Knapp (if his contract with Premrat is expiring). 

Or, it could be something completely different, like a talent show competition.  Call it "Who Wants to be a Radio Star?"  It could have a different contestant/podcaster every night, with the listeners voting for their favorites, double-elimination format, with the final winner getting to be Art's fill-in host for a year.  That would be fun.

weeberwubber

If it was a wrap up show the currently trendy name would be Talking Midnight.  ;D
For $5 I think it's gunna be Whitley. Although I'm baised as a Weeber Wubber. But c'mon. If there was a $5 laying around don't you think Whitley would be around pretty quick?

lonevoice

Quote from: weeberwubber on June 24, 2015, 11:10:42 PM
If there was a $5 laying around don't you think Whitley would be around pretty quick?
He'd have to be careful bending over to pick it up.

Daggit

I think it could be (redacted).

If not then perhaps someone from DMRN has been tapped.

chefist

Quote from: Daggit on June 24, 2015, 11:28:15 PM
I think it could be (redacted).

If not then perhaps someone from DMRN has been tapped.

MV said Falkie...nuf said!

Daggit

Quote from: chefist on June 24, 2015, 11:30:07 PM
MV said Falkie...nuf said!

I know I can give the big guy a hard time and I say this with the preface that I have never watched a whole video of his and I never actively seek out anything that he has produced unless it is linked on this site and I would never pay a dime to or for him (unless it was ultimately supporting Art) but I think I would listen for the trainwreck aspect of it. Having said that it is a moot point because Art would never be associated with someone of like Falkie.

zeebo

Maybe Eddie Coyle & JC doing a kind of point/counterpoint show?

akwilly

I would vote for bateman or falkie, i hope it not whitley I can't stand that alian ass raped guy

weeberwubber

Quote from: akwilly on June 24, 2015, 11:58:37 PM
I would vote for bateman or falkie, i hope it not whitley I can't stand that alian ass raped guy

Whitley was super-touchy when he was on Dark Matter. It was fun to listen to. He jumped all over that guy when he thought he mispronounced his name. We could have fun setting him off during call-ins or irritating him through his wormhole.

Whats that one lady talk show host doing? Rollye James? The one who used to fill in for Art occasionally and used to have her own show? She was an exquisite talk show host but I haven't heard her name in a long time but she'd be a great host and someone we're not thinking of who'd make complete sense. Although she's probably too talented and experienced to do a wrap up show.

Maybe Keith Rowland is doing it himself?

akwilly

Quote from: weeberwubber on June 25, 2015, 12:07:47 AM

Whitley was super-touchy when he was on Dark Matter. It was fun to listen to. He jumped all over that guy when he thought he mispronounced his name. We could have fun setting him off during call-ins or irritating him through his wormhole.
that could be fun. He always seems to be thinking that the south park guys are lurking around a corner to expose him and make fun of him

jjsmooth

I got the impression that it would be Keith, at least that's what I took away from the header of this post:
http://artbell.com/after-dark-after-show-wkeith-rowland/

But perhaps this was just a one-off.

Jackstar

Quote from: cosmic hobo on June 24, 2015, 09:41:42 PM
Care to share?

I think I'm right, and I have no wish to be the announcement bearer.

None of you are even close to my hunch!

Quote from: jjsmooth on June 25, 2015, 12:39:38 AM
I got the impression that it would be Keith, at least that's what I took away from the header of this post:
http://artbell.com/after-dark-after-show-wkeith-rowland/

But perhaps this was just a one-off.

Occasionally he'd drop in and do this show with Bryan Alvarez when After Dark was over at 1am. He would do it live on the stream but not let Bryan keep it as part of his podcast on his own website. I bugged him a few times to allow the recording, but Keith likes to be elusive. He finally posted this link because it was informative. Not sure with Bryan's move to Sunday 9-11 Pacific if he'll still show up.

nbirnes

Quote from: Jackstar on June 25, 2015, 12:48:12 AM
I think I'm right, and I have no wish to be the announcement bearer.

None of you are even close to my hunch!

How about a tiny clue?

nbirnes

Quote from: ASC on June 25, 2015, 12:48:12 AM
Occasionally he'd drop in and do this show with Bryan Alvarez when After Dark was over at 1am. He would do it live on the stream but not let Bryan keep it as part of his podcast on his own website. I bugged him a few times to allow the recording, but Keith likes to be elusive. He finally posted this link because it was informative. Not sure with Bryan's move to Sunday 9-11 Pacific if he'll still show up.

He would be excellent, actually. And that would be a cool surprise for everyone. Jackstar? Do we have a winner?