• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Jojo on March 22, 2018, 08:13:13 PM
I'm glad to hear life is valued more than things!!

When I adopted out a rescue dog to a family 40 miles away, I did a background check and a home visit.  It was a pain, but I never, ever wanted that dog hurt again.  There had been a failed adoption before that, where I was so desperate to get the dog adopted, that I skipped steps and it wasn't a good match.  Fortunately, that guy was honest and brought the dog back.

When I adopted a cat in 2002, the prices was similar to the one you described, except the app was short, and home dimensions and photos were not needed.  I somehow conveniently forgot to list a couple pets, the one that caught leukemia and the one that was attacked and died of shock in the veterinary clinic.  When I got home, I realized my mistake.  Awkward.  Maybe I learned from my mistakes, as it lived a very long time.

Sorry, but I'd put the safety of my family ahead of that of animals.  Who has vetted those rescue people who feel they need to vet us?  Are there people in those organizations I do not want to have a layout of my home and know where my children sleep?  And why do they need to know my employment status?  Where I work, how long I've been there, and what I do is none of their business.  All they should want to know is I can pay for food and medical treatment for the pet.  Even if they are as pure as the driven snow, am I to take on faith their facilities and networks (and therefore my personal data) are secure? 

No thanks, I'll go to the pound.  Getting a dog or cat is always a crap shoot anyway, I'll take the route that doesn't require eleven pages of personal information and allows some stranger to snoop through my home with a camera.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 23, 2018, 11:33:19 AM
Sorry, but I'd put the safety of my family ahead of that of animals.  Who has vetted those rescue people who feel they need to vet us?  Are there people in those organizations I do not want to have a layout of my home and know where my children sleep?  And why do they need to know my employment status?  Where I work, how long I've been there, and what I do is none of their business.  All they they should want to know I can pay for food and medical treatment for the pet.  Even if they are as pure as the driven snow, am I to take on faith their facilities and networks (and therefore my personal data) are secure? 

No thanks, I'll go to the pound.  Getting a dog or cat is always a crap shoot anyway, I'll take the route that doesn't require eleven pages of personal information and allows some stranger to snoop through my home with a camera.

Amen! Fuck these busybodies and their busybody culture (AKA the Obama era, AKA Communism)!! ;D

Lord Grantham

If you want a cat just wait until you find a kitten. That's how I got mine, hell, my parents found two in their yard a month apart last summer. They both turned out to be great house cats.

Juan

For a cat, just put some food on the front porch. You’ll have two or three in a few hours.

ShayP

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 21, 2018, 11:14:04 AM
My daughter and her family decided they would adopt a dog from a local rescue organization.  This turned out to be more of an ordeal than one would imagine, requiring them to fill out an eleven page application and submit to an in person interview.  Among other things, they had to provide references, a list of any/all pets they've owned for ten years (complete with vets' names), their employment status, photos/description/dimensions of their home and yard, list of family members in the home with ages/education/occupation/medical conditions, description of where/with whom the dog will sleep, what they intend to name the dog, etc.

Wow.  That process is truly absurd.  No way in hell would I go through all that.  I don't want any pets, but can you still go to a pound and get one for free anymore?...without all the BS?

Jojo

Quote from: Juan on March 23, 2018, 05:04:53 AM
You people no longer post enough amusing material to suit me.
Thread is things that annoy, not things that amuse!

Jojo

Quote from: ShayP on March 23, 2018, 02:47:10 PM
Wow.  That process is truly absurd.  No way in hell would I go through all that.  I don't want any pets, but can you still go to a pound and get one for free anymore?...without all the BS?
People say there should always be a fee to prevent people from looking for a disposable pet to abuse.

how much does a used pet go for these days?

Jojo

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on March 27, 2018, 10:24:13 PM
how much does a used pet go for these days?
You can watch me go, for $150 + you bring the piddle pad!

ShayP

My neighbors.  I need to move.

ksm32

Quote from: ShayP on March 31, 2018, 12:23:09 PM
My neighbors.  I need to move.

Ah, I love these ones. Please, please elaborate :D
Be sure to describe the setting, your neighbors, as well as anything else and let's have theatre of the mind take over.

Quote from: ksm32 on March 31, 2018, 04:29:23 PM
Be sure to describe the setting, your neighbors, as well as anything else and let's have theatre of the mind take over.

Yeah Shay.  Enquiring minds want to know..........

Jojo

I used to have obnoxious neighbors who never shut their sheers or drapes and stared right into my living area 24/7.  The man would stare in over his morning coffee.  The children would do their homework at the table, also facing right into my window.  The wife would drink in the late afternoons, staring straight ahead.  They and their many house guests would all sit and eat dinner with their huge window staring directly into mine.  They all would come out on their little steps and smoke and party facing right into my home.  One year, I decided to end it.

So, every night when they had dinner with their children, or with house guests I opened my sheers wide, put on skivvies, and performed a long, sexy, bouncy work-out in the most revealing, contouring outfits I had.  After just a couple weeks, they suddenly realized how beneficial it is to slightly turn the blinds down part of the time.  So, finally, I got to hog the view and leave my sheers open the last year I was there.

paladin1991

Quote from: Jojo on April 01, 2018, 02:11:21 AM
I used to have obnoxious neighbors who never shut their sheers or drapes and stared right into my living area 24/7.  The man would stare in over his morning coffee.  The children would do their homework at the table, also facing right into my window.  The wife would drink in the late afternoons, staring straight ahead.  They and their many house guests would all sit and eat dinner with their huge window staring directly into mine.  They all would come out on their little steps and smoke and party facing right into my home.  One year, I decided to end it.

So, every night when they had dinner with their children, or with house guests I opened my sheers wide, put on skivvies, and performed a long, sexy, bouncy work-out in the most revealing, contouring outfits I had.  After just a couple weeks, they suddenly realized how beneficial it is to slightly turn the blinds down part of the time.  So, finally, I got to hog the view and leave my sheers open the last year I was there.

video.  Or it didn't happen.

http://www.satview.org/ throws an Internal Server Error just when I want it most with the Chinese Sat coming down.

:'(  >:(

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 01, 2018, 06:37:52 PM
http://www.satview.org/ throws an Internal Server Error just when I want it most with the Chinese Sat coming down.

:'( >:(
What is another site that updates where it will crash or current location? The mainstream news sites have stories that were updated this morning! I'm not even looking for video pictures but something like Flightaware or something show map and location where it will fall...

Quote from: albrecht on April 01, 2018, 06:44:25 PM
What is another site that updates where it will crash or current location? The mainstream news sites have stories that were updated this morning! I'm not even looking for video pictures but something like Flightaware or something show map and location where it will fall...

http://www.aerospace.org/CORDSuploads/TiangongStoryboard.png

and Brazil guy here has his a live feed of I am not sure what:
http://www.apolo11.com/

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 01, 2018, 06:37:52 PM

:'(  >:(

I'm sure it's really, truly, just a coincidence.

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 01, 2018, 06:46:31 PM
http://www.aerospace.org/CORDSuploads/TiangongStoryboard.png

and Brazil guy here has his a live feed of I am not sure what:
http://www.apolo11.com/
Thanks. The Brazil guy got some funky music going on his channel even though I don't know what I'm watching, or should be watching.

ShayP

Quote from: ksm32 on March 31, 2018, 04:29:23 PM

Sorry.  I'd like to but it would be a boring story.  I can't paint a vivid picture of the circumstance.  Essentially I am sandwiched between neighbors who have no respect for privacy and no courtesy whatsoever.   There is no reasoning with them either as they don't have the best communication skills.  Apparently peeking in people's windows and trying to follow them into their dwelling is appropriate behavior even though they were never invited.  The constant noise is an issue as well.  Fortunately one of the clan is moving soon. 

I will be patient however.  Patience is something I needed to, and have, worked on for years.  Deep cleansing breaths.   ;)

Juan

I’ve found that a soprano saxophone, poorly played, convinces neighbors to quiet down.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on April 03, 2018, 05:04:50 PM
Sorry.  I'd like to but it would be a boring story.  I can't paint a vivid picture of the circumstance.  Essentially I am sandwiched between neighbors who have no respect for privacy and no courtesy whatsoever.   There is no reasoning with them either as they don't have the best communication skills.  Apparently peeking in people's windows and trying to follow them into their dwelling is appropriate behavior even though they were never invited.  The constant noise is an issue as well.  Fortunately one of the clan is moving soon. 

I will be patient however.  Patience is something I needed to, and have, worked on for years.  Deep cleansing breaths.   ;)

... and a canary yellow sundress

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 03, 2018, 05:11:07 PM
... and a canary yellow sundress

I like more of a floral pattern on my sundresses.  Plain colors just don't work.  The floral pattern does because it offsets my immense masculinity.

:D

ShayP

Quote from: Juan on April 03, 2018, 05:09:40 PM
I’ve found that a soprano saxophone, poorly played, convinces neighbors to quiet down.

Ha! I can imagine.  LOL!  I thought about playing their game but I can't.  Not in my nature.  I would like to physically harm all the adults involved.  Heck...even a few of the younger ones.

Quote from: ShayP on April 03, 2018, 05:23:15 PM
...  I thought about playing their game but I can't.  Not in my nature...

There goes my suggestion.  Oh well, enjoy enjoy

Jojo

It really does help to tell people what is bugging you, or to tell them you are too busy for guests, or that you need to relax with some quiet...  Spoken in the right tone and couched between small talk and see-you-later, most people will do what you ask.  Even with a language barrier - that's what gesticulating is for.  Signage helps, if you wish to remain anonymous in your request.

It might not be in your nature, but turn-about is fair play and really is innocent.  All obnoxious neighbors have times when they are weak, hungover, reading a book, trying to talk on the phone or sleeping hard.  As such, they need peace and quiet.  That makes them weak.

Whether it is at 4PM or 4AM, make of note of their weak times or times when you expect them to be weak (6-7 hours after a party stops is good).

Then, start mowing your lawn when you know they are weak. *67 them a couple times.  Write "For a good time, call (neighbor) at 4AM Sundays.." on sympathic walls.  Throw a couple early morning Zumba parties when they are weak.  Edge your lawn when they are weak.  **Locate your recycle bin as close to their sleeping room as you can on your property.  Then, when they are weak, go outside quietly, lift the recycle bin quietly and then make a huge abrupt crash as you dump all your bottles in all at once.  Get back in the house quickly**. Buy an air horn and use it very selectively.  When they are weak, set your car alarm off and fail to attend to it for a few minutes.  Whenever they are weak, be as obnoxious as you can but avoid any fight. It is perfectly reasonable to hang a couple wall decorations at 9AM, which involves hammering.

Giving them a taste of their own medicine is fair play.  If they get angry, have your responses prepared, and remind them that just as they have the freedom to live as they like, so do you.

For the people who stare, get an exercise machine and a sexy outfit and do it in the window at times when they are trying to enjoy their family dinner.  Every night.  Be sure to be as barely dressed as you can and do some awkward stretches with your rear to the window.  When they finally learn their lesson and shut their drapes, then you won.

When you want privacy but don't want to shut your drapes, it plays very well to invest in a tension rod and a couple clear yet opaque shower curtains.  The kind that let light in, but prism your body so your privacy is concealed.  You can tuck them behind your normal drapes when company comes.

As for following you in, you need a gate.  If you shut a gate behind you, even just a baby gate, no one can get in without aggression. If you can't set up a gate, just stick one of those door wedges from the dollar store u der the door, or lock the door.  If you prefer subtlety, mount two 84" curtains, tacking them to the sides of the door too for added security, so they open only in the middle.  As you enter, unfasten them, get in, and re-fasten them quickly.  You can say you are keeping flies out, gnats, or mosquitos.  For fastening, if the curtains are sheers, you can just shove part of each iinto a woman's decorative hair bungee and knot it, all in less than a second.  If the curtains are not sheer, get a couple strong magnets from the hardware store or a very tight large food bag clip or clothes pins.

As an alternative, buy those $25 pre-fab tack-on fabric screen "doors" from Walmart or As Seen On TV, with their own magnetic parts holding the middle together when not in use.

I'm having difficulty picturing someone following a man uninvited into his dwelling.  Can you just do a quick 180 and step on his toes?

It's no fun telling someone in an irritated tone that they need to leave because you don't feel like socializing, but better to do it.  Who cares if you hurt their feelings?  They are hurting yours!  They sound socially unpleasant anyhow so if they get mad at you, it is actually a favor to get them out of your social circle!

Consider parking elsewhere and make sure no one knows you are home.  If the behavior stops, then they actually were doing it on purpose.  Just bye moire secretive about whether you are home our not.  Why are you parking over there?  Because "the car alarm has a better signal", totally plausible.