• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dogman Shot?

Started by albrecht, May 24, 2018, 08:00:26 PM

Gd5150

New book series for the brats.

Metron2267

We could send these to Dave, he'd become a much better interviewer = listener... ;D

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 19, 2018, 12:42:19 PM
Just a grey wolf

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dna-test-reveals-identity-of-mysterious-wolf-creature-shot-in-montana/
That's the official report, from an MSM source.
I don't trust it.
There is really not as much difference between a Dire Wolf, and a Grey, as most people think.Tthe jaw of the animal that was shot is wrong. The lower jaw seems thicker and doesn't extend forward as far as a Grey's does. (This would help in being able to crush bone.) The legs may or may not be shorter than a typical Grey, but they are definitely thicker, or the fur makes them seem so. They should also be wider at the top than what they are.
I wish there was a straight on head-shot of that animal, then you could see if the eye sockets were lower than a normal Grey.
It could be the camera angle, but the body proportions on what was shot, are just wrong - especially the jaw.

Grey Vs. Dire Wolf

Besides I highly doubt the DNR would really tell people if there was an actual Dire Wolf roaming around. Those assholes told people around here - for 8 years - that what they were seeing were German Sheppards until people started shooting them - lol.
(The Greys)

There is a reason wolves were hunted almost to extinction, and besides humans, they are one of the few creatures that hunt for sport.

The leg coloration of the fur also matches the (linked) description of the Dire Wolf.

(I've been into DWs long before G R R Martin ever wrote about them in GOT)

I also thought it could possibly be an Amphicyon, but the size and weight don't match.     ;)

Edit:  Thanks for the update.   
I'm surprised there was one.     ;)

albrecht

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on June 04, 2019, 02:33:45 AM
That's the official report, from an MSM source.
I don't trust it.
There is really not as much difference between a Dire Wolf, and a Grey, as most people think.Tthe jaw of the animal that was shot is wrong. The lower jaw seems thicker and doesn't extend forward as far as a Grey's does. (This would help in being able to crush bone.) The legs may or may not be shorter than a typical Grey, but they are definitely thicker, or the fur makes them seem so. They should also be wider at the top than what they are.
I wish there was a straight on head-shot of that animal, then you could see if the eye sockets were lower than a normal Grey.
It could be the camera angle, but the body proportions on what was shot, are just wrong - especially the jaw.

Grey Vs. Dire Wolf

Besides I highly doubt the DNR would really tell people if there was an actual Dire Wolf roaming around. Those assholes told people around here - for 8 years - that what they were seeing were German Sheppards until people started shooting them - lol.
(The Greys)

There is a reason wolves were hunted almost to extinction, and besides humans, they are one of the few creatures that hunt for sport.

The leg coloration of the fur also matches the (linked) description of the Dire Wolf.

(I've been into DWs long before G R R Martin ever wrote about them in GOT)

I also thought it could possibly be an Amphicyon, but the size and weight don't match.     ;)

Edit:  Thanks for the update.   
I'm surprised there was one.     ;)
Potential here....we have the technology.....

https://apnews.com/3bb50cb589b7474ca7367992c47766f6