• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard Syrett

Started by muddel, July 28, 2009, 01:15:33 PM

sucks, it's over. oh well, was fun.

TigerLily

Sweet Dreams, Sweethearts

See ya in another life, brothers, sisters  ... and reptoids.

AvDaBr

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 12, 2017, 01:39:18 AM
They've been programing me about this reptilian shit since I was a kid.  ::)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8VmJXcTTmk

This may have been mentioned previously on this board, but did you know former NBA bad boy Bill Lambeer was one of the Sleestaks?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: AvDaBr on March 12, 2017, 05:46:28 PM

This may have been mentioned previously on this board, but did you know former NBA bad boy Bill Lambeer was one of the Sleestaks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxggscwmuhs

ShayP

Quote from: AvDaBr on March 12, 2017, 05:46:28 PM

Yep...So was NFL great Jack Lambert.  ;)

ShayP

Quote from: zeebo on March 12, 2017, 02:02:51 AM
Poor Shay.  He's missing it all.   :'(

It seems like I missed a good one.   :'(

Sleepiness and my natural impatience for everything got the best to me.  It even shielded me from Tiger Lily's wake-up vibes.  :(

It harkens back to when I'd bail on Hoagie within minutes and it ended up being good.  :-[  :-\

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on March 12, 2017, 07:16:20 PM

Sleepiness and my natural impatience for everything got the best to me.  It even shielded me from Tiger Lily's wake-up vibes.  :(

It harkens back to when I'd bail on Hoagie within minutes and it ended up being good.  :-[  :-\

If really motivated to listen one can find the show on the interwebs and youtubes, I think, if you are not on streamlink or insiders or whatever. Though they tend to pop-up, taken down, then reappear so sometimes it takes searching and best to download them, rather than stream lest the interns take them down.
I haven't listened to Reptilian show yet, but usually, they gets pretty good/funny so plan to listen later. And Syrett is growing on me. Got a long drive coming up and gathering some material for it so will listen then, probably.

zeebo

She might have hit the chamomile tea early last nite, and thus not been at full-power.

GravitySucks

Both times?

Dateline

Richard Syrett has a good voice for late night radio, I have decided.  Then, I went to speculate who is the heir apparent to the Coast throne?
Do you want a shock jock, a-kisser, Jimmy Church or Richard Syrett?   I am developing an appreciation of his hosting style, and I will make a point to listen next time it is on to hear if it deepens.

ShayP

Quote from: albrecht on March 12, 2017, 07:35:21 PM
If really motivated to listen one can find the show on the interwebs and youtubes, I think, if you are not on streamlink or insiders or whatever. Though they tend to pop-up, taken down, then reappear so sometimes it takes searching and best to download them, rather than stream lest the interns take them down.
I haven't listened to Reptilian show yet, but usually, they gets pretty good/funny so plan to listen later. And Syrett is growing on me. Got a long drive coming up and gathering some material for it so will listen then, probably.

I'll be sure to get it somehow.  Like you, Syrett has grown on me as well.  Aside from Knapp he is my favorite C2C host now.  Cheers man! ...and save travels.  :)  8)

ShayP

Quote from: Dateline on March 12, 2017, 08:52:22 PM
Richard Syrett has a good voice for late night radio, I have decided.  Then, I went to speculate who is the heir apparent to the Coast throne?
Do you want a shock jock, a-kisser, Jimmy Church or Richard Syrett?   I am developing an appreciation of his hosting style, and I will make a point to listen next time it is on to hear if it deepens.

Jimmy Church unnerves me.  Actually he irritates the shit out of me.  I digress.  Give Syrett a chance.  I'm digging him.  8)

ShayP

Quote from: zeebo on March 12, 2017, 08:22:20 PM
She might have hit the chamomile tea early last nite, and thus not been at full-power.

Chamomile is a helluva drug.  ;)  ;D

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 12, 2017, 08:40:16 PM
Both times?

Aren't you on vacation?   LOL!   Oh...and you know it was at least 3 times.   ;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on March 12, 2017, 08:57:50 PM
Aren't you on vacation?   LOL!   Oh...and you know it was at least 3 times.   ;)

Yeah. In the Vegas airport on the way home.

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 12, 2017, 09:06:54 PM

Well then...safe journey to you.  :)  I saw some pics you posted in another thread.  Beautiful scenery but skiing was never my thing.  Tried it twice and it became a tragedy.  :-[ 

Anyway...

What's the male version of "Ski bunny."  LOL! 

Cheers man!  8)

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 12, 2017, 09:06:54 PM
Watch them slots and and poker machines. They say the most loose to draw you in but I don't buy it!

ItsOver

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on March 12, 2017, 08:53:41 PM
I'll be sure to get it somehow.  Like you, Syrett has grown on me as well.  Aside from Knapp he is my favorite C2C host now.  Cheers man! ...and save travels.  :)  8)
I've gotten over, or maybe he has changed a bit, his sorta NPR/CBC voice and, as I mentioned before it is now sort of endearing when he is forced to cover/respond-to, the news in our country and deranged callers and the various mayhem or crimes that happen. A bland Canadian dealing with, say, "crime stories" out of FLA or some other crazy place or some ranting conspiracist or religious zealot about the latest NWO agenda killing plan pf end-of-the-world scenario, is sorta of funny to hear. And his shock and "oh dear" etc, coming from a peaceful, bland Great White North, for the most part, iis much more appealing, and funny, than Norry's salacious want for more gruesome details, especially if it is about dead babies, or quick cut-off to another subject or inane, or off-topic, subject asked (and answered) a few moments before.

diowulf

Man what a show and I agree, an instant klashick! Everything from the story to the callers to his distractions..what was that his ring tone? It sounded like carnival music or a music box, and I'm pretty sure he answered his phone at one point.

I've always liked Syrett and think he is a great host. He takes his subjects seriously and approaches them with preparation and professionalism. His intro is great too. And he knows how to set the mood. I enjoy his show, "The Conspiracy Show" which he posts to YouTube.

Bonus: did anybody hear George mispronounce Syrett's name a couple weeks ago? Nice

albrecht

Quote from: diowulf on March 13, 2017, 03:47:06 PM
Man what a show and I agree, an instant klashick! Everything from the story to the callers to his distractions..what was that his ring tone? It sounded like carnival music or a music box, and I'm pretty sure he answered his phone at one point.

I've always liked Syrett and think he is a great host. He takes his subjects seriously and approaches them with preparation and professionalism. His intro is great too. And he knows how to set the mood. I enjoy his show, "The Conspiracy Show" which he posts to YouTube.

Bonus: did anybody hear George mispronounce Syrett's name a couple weeks ago? Nice
Yep, I heard his mispronounce Syrett's name a few weeks ago. I would think a purposeful slight for big-ego Norry but also Norry pronounces so many things incorrectly that it could've just been a mistake.

Syrett proved his worth this weekend. Good and serious questions with follow up with serious people (Hemingway/Life-Extension guys) but still was able to deal with the 'crazy' guests (Reptilians etc) and callers of many strip (frequent callers with their same stories/issues, crazy callers, and etc.)

zeebo

Quote from: diowulf on March 13, 2017, 03:47:06 PM
...Bonus: did anybody hear George mispronounce Syrett's name a couple weeks ago? Nice

lol I did hear that.  I'm wondering, does George have a dog, and if so, does the dog think to himself every nite he hears a different version of his name: "Wtf dude, I'm your dog, you named me!"

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on March 13, 2017, 05:56:47 PM
...Syrett proved his worth this weekend. Good and serious questions with follow up with serious people (Hemingway/Life-Extension guys) but still was able to deal with the 'crazy' guests (Reptilians etc) and callers of many strip (frequent callers with their same stories/issues, crazy callers, and etc.)

Yep I've been enjoying his shows for a while now.  I like that he's genuinely inquisitive about things, but also laid back and willing to let the show flow organically. 

zeebo

The Titor topic is back tonite.  That's Tee-tor, not Tight-or!  Rich led out though by saying "Let's go back to the beginning ..."  hmmm not so easy when dealing with time-travel stories.   ;)

Lilith

Quote from: zeebo on April 09, 2017, 11:27:30 PM
The Titor topic is back tonite.  That's Tee-tor, not Tight-or!  Rich led out though by saying "Let's go back to the beginning ..."  hmmm not so easy when dealing with time-travel stories.   ;)

I'm listening.  I couldn't find the thread  :o

zeebo

Quote from: brig on April 09, 2017, 11:29:49 PM
I'm listening.  I couldn't find the thread  :o

I had to go back in time and retrieve it.    :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on April 09, 2017, 11:27:30 PM

I'm usually intrigued by the Titor story. Any good tonight?

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 09, 2017, 11:36:03 PM
I'm usually intrigued by the Titor story. Any good tonight?

Yeah pretty good so far, but guest is only on for another 20 mins I think.  Then it's onto economic conspiracies  :-\ .. not sure about that.