• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Bumper Music

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 24, 2009, 02:28:13 AM

coastfan

What is the name of that song Art used to play? Late 70s, heavy beat. "Well, I think that it's time we get ready/To rely on the things we have...."     I forget the rest of it. 

There was another song, "Driver's Seat". Really eerie, even creepier than "Some Velvet Morning".

Art used to play "Don't Fear the Reaper", but how about "Burnin' For You"?

Did he ever play that other song by Gerry Rafferty? Not "Baker Street", but "On Down the Line" or "All Down the Line".

Did he ever play "Space Cowboy" by the Steve Miller Band. Not "The Joker" but the actual, earlier song specifically titled "Space Cowboy"?

analog kid

QuoteArt used to play "Don't Fear the Reaper", but how about "Burnin' For You"?

I wish Art had been into a bit more Blue Oyster Cult, as they have a long history of using themes related to UFOs.

Some examples:
The Vigil
Shooting Shark
Take Me Away
ETI

Quote from: analog kid on January 30, 2011, 05:51:33 AM
I wish Art had been into a bit more Blue Oyster Cult, as they have a long history of using themes related to UFOs.

Some examples:
The Vigil
Shooting Shark
Take Me Away
ETI

BOC rules, and a great live act to boot!  They still tour, I highly recommend seeing them if you can.  And yes, they were very into UFO's, sci-fi, etc.  Michael Moorcock wrote some lyrics for them, and the cover of ETI live looks like a UFO or Stargate.

Last year a caller asked Ian to play Take Me Away, and Ian obliged.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: coastfan on January 30, 2011, 03:50:56 AM
    What is the name of that song Art used to play? Late 70s, heavy beat. "Well, I think that it's time we get ready/To rely on the things we have...."     I forget the rest of it. 

There was another song, "Driver's Seat". Really eerie, even creepier than "Some Velvet Morning".

Art used to play "Don't Fear the Reaper", but how about "Burnin' For You"?

Did he ever play that other song by Gerry Rafferty? Not "Baker Street", but "On Down the Line" or "All Down the Line".

Did he ever play "Space Cowboy" by the Steve Miller Band. Not "The Joker" but the actual, earlier song specifically titled "Space Cowboy"?
Gary Wright - Love is Alive Lyrics
Sniff 'N' Tears - Driver's Seat

analog kid

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on January 30, 2011, 03:26:22 PM

BOC rules, and a great live act to boot!  They still tour, I highly recommend seeing them if you can.  And yes, they were very into UFO's, sci-fi, etc.  Michael Moorcock wrote some lyrics for them, and the cover of ETI live looks like a UFO or Stargate.

Last year a caller asked Ian to play Take Me Away, and Ian obliged.

Alright!

Miracle of miracles, they came to my small town a few years ago. I went to see them with a couple who were oblivious. They were having marital problems and we had to leave early, but what little time I was there was still a religious experience, as I'm a life-long fan and Buck is a musical hero of mine. Would definitely like to see them again.

Geekboy

I've been looking for years to find what this bumper music is.  If you know please post what you know!!!!

b_dubb

i think the guitar in that bit needs more reverb - j/k

i tried using Shazam on my iPhone - no luck.  based on the recording and the mixing - mostly the use of the massive echo plate on what's a pretty basic guitar solo - i'm guessing this band is European.  possibly the Scorpions or even Europe (the band - not the continent).  i wish i could be more help. 

Fly By Night

Up here in MN a local radio station is having an event with two of Art's bumper music artists. I hope he shows up in a blue leisure suit.

http://www.love105.fm/Article.asp?id=2071218&spid=25117

Quote from: Geekboy on January 30, 2011, 08:29:02 PM
I've been looking for years to find what this bumper music is.  If you know please post what you know!!!!

I also tried Shazam on my iPhone, and it failed.  So I tried Sound Hound, another free application, and it instantly identified it as Apurimac II by Cusco, from the 1988 album Apurimac.

coastfan

Thanks MV. Some of this music I remember from the late 70s, in elementary school, riding the school bus, the driver had a stereo system installed in the bus, speakers up front and back, AM/FM/8-Track.

BOC-A few years ago, I pulled up some of their recent performances via YouTube. Has anybody noticed that ever since that SNL episode that in concert that (real) band's drummer REALLY plays the hell out of the cowbell during Don't Fear the Reaper?

b_dubb

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on January 30, 2011, 09:18:22 PM
I also tried Shazam on my iPhone, and it failed.  So I tried Sound Hound, another free application, and it instantly identified it as Apurimac II by Cusco, from the 1988 album Apurimac.

seriously?  it reminded me of the Scorpions.  oh well

HAL 9000

Quote from: coastfan on January 30, 2011, 09:51:38 PMplays the hell out of the cowbell during Don't Fear the Reaper?

Speaking of The Reaper, if you go to my signature and click on the Soundcloud link, you'll find a remix I did of The Reaper in which I cut it up into about 8 pieces and re-edited it... the beginning is a bit longer, I took out the guitar solo, and spliced some other pieces together just for fun. you MIGHT like it (maybe hate it).

Geekboy

Quote from: coastfan on January 30, 2011, 09:51:38 PM
  Thanks MV. Some of this music I remember from the late 70s, in elementary school, riding the school bus, the driver had a stereo system installed in the bus, speakers up front and back, AM/FM/8-Track.

BOC-A few years ago, I pulled up some of their recent performances via YouTube. Has anybody noticed that ever since that SNL episode that in concert that (real) band's drummer REALLY plays the hell out of the cowbell during Don't Fear the Reaper?

Dude!!!  You nailed it!!  I can't thank you enough!!  Eternally grateful!

Geekboy

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on January 30, 2011, 09:18:22 PM

My bad.  Quoted the wrong guy. 'Do you think it was angels?' you are the man!!!

Lena

can somebody tell me artist+title of the intromusic (the synth piece) of most art bell shows please?
I have heard the track many times, but dont know who made it.
Sounds a bit like Jean-Michel Jarre stuff, but not quite.

Also, which show (date,topic) has the lady calling in who says:
YOUR Listeners are going to burn in boiling pits of sewage in hell!

I heard her as a clip on a shoutcast server, pretty funny, and wanna download this complete show.

UFO Geek

Lena... Is this the intromusic you mean (link)?  It is a synth piece. If so, it might be 'The Chase' by Giorgio Moroder.
Here is a vid of that one.
"The Chase" ("Midnight Express" score) by Giorgio Moroder

Quote from: Lena on February 06, 2011, 04:46:15 PM
can somebody tell me artist+title of the intromusic (the synth piece) of most art bell shows please?
I have heard the track many times, but dont know who made it.
Sounds a bit like Jean-Michel Jarre stuff, but not quite.

Also, which show (date,topic) has the lady calling in who says:
YOUR Listeners are going to burn in boiling pits of sewage in hell!

I heard her as a clip on a shoutcast server, pretty funny, and wanna download this complete show.

The boiling pits of sewage caller is supposed to be a man, namely "JC," the notorious repeat caller. When I get to a computer I'll post the JC files I have around. Some of the funniest art bell moments to ever air!

Lena

THANK you, guildnavigator and Ufo geek!
That would be nice if you put the show online and hand the link.

By the way, the boiling pit of sewage reminds me of some stuff I read about the Jewish Talmud. Maybe he was a Jew?
Might be worth an own topic when I find time.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Lena on February 06, 2011, 04:46:15 PMcan somebody tell me artist+title of the intromusic (the synth piece) of most art bell shows please? I have heard the track many times, but dont know who made it.

The song you're looking for I posted as an mp3 attachment in this post:

http://www.coastgab.com/index.php/topic,1005.msg30280.html#msg30280

Hi-quality stereo.

Enjoy.  ;D

b_dubb

just a reminder ... we can't post C2C files on the server anymore

// EDIT
thought you meant you were posting C2C show/clip with JC.  just trying to be a good virtual neighbor

Quote from: b_dubb on February 06, 2011, 10:54:22 PM

Thanks, good post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on February 06, 2011, 10:54:22 PM
true, but Hal's posting of The Chase is fine since it's not an actual show.

imperial252

Quote from: UFO Geek on February 06, 2011, 05:35:54 PM
Lena... Is this the intromusic you mean (link)?  It is a synth piece. If so, it might be 'The Chase' by Giorgio Moroder.
Here is a vid of that one.
"The Chase" ("Midnight Express" score) by Giorgio Moroder

I would always get the chills when Art used this piece to start the show.

The General

Quote from: Lena on February 06, 2011, 08:10:06 PM
By the way, the boiling pit of sewage reminds me of some stuff I read about the Jewish Talmud. Maybe he was a Jew?

There is a JC THREAD HERE:
http://www.coastgab.com/index.php/topic,301

From the Art Bell Wikipedia entry:
J.C. Webster the Third, or "J.C." â€" J.C. began calling in 1996, and has since been on the air over 50 times. He purports to be a Baptist Revival preacher, and believes Art to be "the Devil's Mouthpiece". He has continued to call George Noory and guest hosts. Although some have expressed a disbelief that someone like J.C. could exist, Art Bell and George Noory have repeated their beliefs that J.C. is real, and is neither a "put-on" nor a "plant".

JC:Coast To Coast AM:Bigfoot is Satan

Fornicating With Demons:JC:Coast To Coast AM

Boiling Pitts Of Sewerage:JC:Coast To Coast AM

daddystabz

There is relatively new C2C Insider (Streamlink) bumper music that plays now that is all instrumental.  I am not talking about the normal bumper music of the show, but instead the instrumental C2C Insider bumper music.  Does anyone know ANY or ALL of the songs on there please? I'm interested in tracking some of them down.

Thanks in advance!

Lena

can somebody post a decent quality version of "midnight in the desert" by Crystal Gayle somewhere (rapidshare, etc), please?
I only have the youtube clip, and the quality isn't so good for playing on the Stereo in my car.  :)

daddystabz

It seems no one knows the answer to my question just above, no matter where I go.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Lena on February 09, 2011, 07:12:25 PMcan somebody post a decent quality version of "midnight in the desert" by Crystal Gayle somewhere (rapidshare, etc), please?

Lena - the search function is your friend. See my post from December 22, 2010 here:

http://www.coastgab.com/index.php/topic,2136.msg30247.html#msg30247

The song you want is an mp3 attachment. Enjoy  ;D

Those are some great songs Michael , thanks.

A few i think i remember hearing:

Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again
Al Stewart - Time Passages
Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky/Breakdown

Songs that should of been bumper music:

Leo Sayer - Long Tall Glasses  - leo Sayer -Long Tall Glasses
Russ Ballard - Voices - russ ballard - voices

Great 80's song, fits in with Coast To Coast subjects.

Lena

here's a clip I recorded from a shoutcast server.

it is a LADY calling in "your listeners are going to burn in the boiling pits of sewage".
well It could be JC, but it sounds like a woman, I am not sure.
and another guy says : "this was the funniest show ever"

Does somebody know which show(s) these were? And maybe give the date/topic so I can find them somewhere online, please.

http://soundcloud.com/snegopady/art-bell-coast-to-coast-you