• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Bumper Music

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 24, 2009, 02:28:13 AM

Lena

Leonard Cohen - First we take Manhattan (live on tv in 1988)
I really love Mr. Cohen's poetic music.

I like the guy in the mall (previous video), he dances really good!

@guildnavigator: you should enjoy seeing other opinions than your own. It could broaden your perspective.

Quote from: b_dubb on February 14, 2011, 09:10:37 PM
ummm ... a pun?
No pun, Leonard/Leonhardt/Lionheart/Leonid are all really the same name, like Vladimir Putin or Wladimir Klitschko.
It is old high-German and means of course brave/hardy/hearted like a lion.

heater

Mr Knight,

that song can always takes my frown and flips it upside down.

good work my friend...good work.

Quote from: Silent on February 12, 2011, 05:06:46 AM
...I bought a CD of hers in the mid to late 90's after hearing it on CTC and have become a really big fan.  Since then I've bought all of her music and would love to see her live, but the few shows she does seem to usually be outside of North America.  She is a unique artist for sure.  I've looked around a lot for anything resembling her music with no luck.  For anyone interested I would recommend her Book of Secrets album as an introduction.  Her most popular song, Mummers Dance, is on there also.  As a testament to the album that song is the one I like the least on there. ...

Mediaeval Baebes for your absorption.

Mediaeval Baebes - Umlahi

Mediaeval Baebes - Mirabilis

or maybe some Heather Dale.

Mordred's Lullaby- Lyrics

Quote from: Lena on February 15, 2011, 02:15:56 AM
of course I am a C2C and Art Bell fan!

here's a very beautiful song for you.

You shouldn't move my posts around when you quote me. When I am shit talking, it's actually quite poetic. Theres a meter to the whole thing, and when you alter the form that gets lost.

I urge users of the forum to scroll up or move back to the original posts, as I have been misquoted.

I take it Lena is a goner, then?  Geeze, you go away for a few days and you miss all the excitement.

Well, in honour of the departed Lena, I give you the Kinks:

Lola-The Kinks #5.*Top Of The Pops-70s*

Oh, and MV, please tell us you archived Lena's avatars...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on February 16, 2011, 08:24:07 PM

Oh, and MV, please tell us you archived Lena's avatars...
since she posted so frequently, i'm sure a google image search for "coastgab" will get them for u straight away.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Michael V. on January 24, 2009, 02:28:13 AM
Want to hear Art Bell's bumper music?  Click here:
http://www.MikeVandeven.com/

This is pretty sweet Mr. V.  One of my favorite bumper tunes was always The Highwayman, w/Wille, Waylon, and the boys.  Check out this vid.  Are these guys probably really high or what?

Silent

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 22, 2011, 07:05:51 PM
This is pretty sweet Mr. V.  One of my favorite bumper tunes was always The Highwayman, w/Wille, Waylon, and the boys.  Check out this vid.  Are these guys probably really high or what?

I've loved that song ever since I first heard Art play it.  I'm no huge fan of country western music but that song is just cool.  Art's interview with Willie Nelson is also one of my favorite shows he ever did.

b_dubb

Willie only looks high when he's sober given that he's been high continually since '72.  god bless you Willie

interesting factoid - Kris Kristofferson is a Rhodes Scholar

The General

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 22, 2011, 07:05:51 PM
One of my favorite bumper tunes was always The Highwayman, w/Wille, Waylon, and the boys.  Check out this vid.  Are these guys probably really high or what?
Awesome.  I love these guys. 
By the way, lay off the marijuana everybody.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on February 22, 2011, 07:53:01 PM
Willie only looks high when he's sober given that he's been high continually since '72. 
hahaha

Crystal Gayle - Ready For The Times To Get Better

Very fitting words for the current situation with C2C/Art
I've got to tell you I've been rackin' my brain
Hopin' to find a way out
I've had enough of this continual rain
Changes are comin', no doubt

It's been a too long time
With no peace of mind
And I'm ready for the times
To get better

You seem to want from me what I cannot give
I feel so lonesome at times
I have a dream that I wish I could live
It's burnin' holes in my mind

Scully

Good one, Guildnavigator.  Perfect for us Coastgabbers.

b_dubb

Quote from: guildnavigator on February 14, 2011, 10:36:45 PM
Randy newman you've got a freind in me toy story theme song uploaded by junichiroe

what the fuck
it's amazing that randy newman is so widely regarded as a genius when his classic songs are so trite and the lyrics consist of one cliche phrase repeated over and over

Marc.Knight

Quote from: b_dubb on March 19, 2011, 10:08:29 AM
it's amazing that randy newman is so widely regarded as a genius when his classic songs are so trite and the lyrics consist of one cliche phrase repeated over and over

That's were the genius is...  appeal to as many people in the most simplest, most non-intellectual way possible, and make loads of money.  This works great in the old USA were the vast majority barely graduated from high school.

Randy Newman always sounds like a guy making fun of Randy Newman to me. Not particularly a fan of his music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leibniz

Hello. I joined the forum to see if anyone could help me identify this bumper song. I read through this thread and couldn't find this song in the ones already listed.

Thank you!

Quote from: Leibniz on March 24, 2011, 03:09:47 AM
Hello. I joined the forum to see if anyone could help me identify this bumper song. I read through this thread and couldn't find this song in the ones already listed.

Thank you!

It's called The Fox and the Lady, by Cusco. From the Mystic Island album.

YNOT

I have always loved Art's musical sense.  Most of what he's always played as bumper music I already own. 
But, I could never understand why the music he played always sounded better than when I play it...even though (or probably because) it was coming thru the staticy, tinny AM.  He has always known how to use the music to help created that aura which can only exist in the middle of the night...damn it I miss that show.

Anyway a favorite of mine that Art used to play occasionally, is Hypnotized by Bob Welsh. Actually Fleetwood Mac when he played with them in the early Seventies... Her is a cool live clip of it.. BTW Amazon has the mp3s for download. Just look up "Bob Welch and Friends Live at the Roxy."

Bob Welch- Hypnotized (Roxy 81 Live)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on March 19, 2011, 10:08:29 AM
'fraid i'm going to have to agree with u here.

haloedorchid

There's this song that's played on heavy rotation on the 24/7 stream. It starts off with a guy talking and the only lyrics I can make out are "flyyyyy" and maybe "take my place". I know it's vague; I'll try to listen harder the next time I hear it. Can anyone take a stab?

YNOT

Quote from: haloedorchid on April 05, 2011, 11:31:35 AM
There's this song that's played on heavy rotation on the 24/7 stream. It starts off with a guy talking and the only lyrics I can make out are "flyyyyy" and maybe "take my place". I know it's vague; I'll try to listen harder the next time I hear it. Can anyone take a stab?

That's the Moody Blues Ride My SeeSaw.. from Search for The Lost Chord album...

The Moody Blues. Ride My See Saw

I am glad that you posted that video here, I have never seen it myself. How can you hear this song without hearing Ross Mitchell's "Wanna take a ride? Call Art Bell, on the wildcard line!"

Thank you!

haloedorchid

Quote from: YNOT on April 05, 2011, 11:44:23 AM
That's the Moody Blues Ride My SeeSaw.. from Search for The Lost Chord album...

The Moody Blues. Ride My See Saw
Damn, you are good! Thank you.

YNOT

Thanks, General.  I tend to save live recordings as favorites, because I live them more... I had forgotten it doesn't have the intro...