Started by MV/Liberace!, February 08, 2012, 10:50:42 AM

Zetaspeak

Drudge is calling it for the Dems

It seems that most uncounted  vote iz in blue districts

albrecht

Quote from: Zetaspeak on December 12, 2017, 09:27:00 PM

Via NYTimes who was calling it for Jones for over an hour now. It looks close but it wouldn't surprise me. Actually a bit surprising Moore kept so much support despite leaders from both Parties and about 100% of the media behind his opponent! Shocking, really. Moore should've double-down on the underage "dating" agenda and moved to Hollywood, guaranteed election, especially if he expanded the "teen" "dating" to homosexual stuff also.  ;)

Will it be so close that there could be more controversy? Recount? Idk Alabama rules.

Gd5150

Quote from: albrecht on December 12, 2017, 09:30:43 PM
Via NYTimes who was calling it for Jones for over an hour now. It looks close but it wouldn't surprise me. Actually a bit surprising Moore kept so much support despite leaders from both Parties and about 100% of the media behind his opponent! Shocking, really. Moore should've double-down on the underage "dating" agenda and moved to Hollywood, guaranteed election, especially if he expanded the "teen" "dating" to homosexual stuff also.  ;)

Will it be so close that there could be more controversy? Recount? Idk Alabama rules.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Yes! He should become a director. Lifetime achievement and Oscars for sure! No need for a recount, only demokkkrats gain 1000s or votes in recounts. Those darn ballots that accidentally wind up in the trunks of demokkkrat pollsters cars.

Gd5150

It’s official, Infowars is calling it for Doug Jones. 😄

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Zetaspeak on December 12, 2017, 09:27:00 PM

Fake news. Where are the fake polls to go with? You're just not trying anymore.  ::) ;D

albrecht

Quote from: Gd5150 on December 12, 2017, 09:42:36 PM
It’s official, Infowars is calling it for Doug Jones. 😄

An "inside job?" Btw anyone know Alabama rules? Such a close vote is there an automatic or if a candidate calls for it any type of recount? Watching a bb game and not on the news. Both Parties, at least on a national level, consider this, if it holds, win by Jones a win for sure. And the Senate and "inside the beltway" for sure does. Will be interesting to see what happens now regardless....

Kidnostad3

Quote from: albrecht on December 12, 2017, 09:55:05 PM
An "inside job?" Btw anyone know Alabama rules? Such a close vote is there an automatic or if a candidate calls for it any type of recount? Watching a bb game and not on the news. Both Parties, at least on a national level, consider this, if it holds, win by Jones a win for sure. And the Senate and "inside the beltway" for sure does. Will be interesting to see what happens now regardless....

The Republicans are betting that they will easily defeat Jones in 2018.  Their calculation may bite them in the ass big time.

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on December 12, 2017, 10:05:37 PM
The Republicans are betting that they will easily defeat Jones in 2018.  Their calculation may bite them in the ass big time.
It could because "teen" lovers in the DNC nationally from Hollywood and etc media  industries, will will push big money into the campaign EARLY. But R's like the lose also because now that issue is over but the damaging "allegations" from their base in Hollywood, media, etc keeps coming out. Keeping an Alabaman seat for D would be a big priority and yuuge win. Contrarily though the DNC in Senate might have to not be as radical and get back to a bit more normal to try to "protect" Jones in the next election, so might mitigate some of their intransigence on some issues, nominations, etc? Will be interesting to see.

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on December 12, 2017, 10:05:37 PM

The seat is not in contention again until 2020.  The only reason the Republicans did not hold onto the seat is because of Roy Moore.  He had also lost 2 races to become governor of Alabama.  He was just too strident and maybe a bit too arrogant.  Plus the alleged sexual picadillos from 40 years ago damaged him further. I personally liked the fact that he did not back down from a fight.  However, I could see how many were turned off by him. 

There were 20,000+ write-in votes.  The margin of victory for Jones was 10,000 votes.  Against any other candidate Jones would have lost.

I'll be honest, the initial reaction that I had when I first heard about the allegations was that Moore was a creep. Many still hold to that opinion.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 12, 2017, 10:32:37 PM
The seat is not in contention again until 2020.  The only reason the Republicans did not hold onto the seat is because of Roy Moore.  He had also lost 2 races to become governor of Alabama.  He was just too strident and maybe a bit too arrogant.  Plus the alleged sexual picadillos from 40 years ago damaged him further. I personally liked the fact that he did not back down from a fight.  However, I could see how many were turned off by him. 

There were 20,000+ write-in votes.  The margin of victory for Jones was 10,000 votes.  Against any other candidate Jones would have lost.

I'll be honest, the initial reaction that I had when I first heard about the allegations was that Moore was a creep. Many still hold to that opinion.

A friend of mine who lives near Gadsden says many were turned off to Moore prior to the allegations of him being a perv. His disrespect for the Constitution and being thrown off the courts twice was reason enough to reject him.

It looks like the endorsement from equally creepy Trump and Bannon didn't help either.  :)

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on December 12, 2017, 10:45:08 PM
A friend of mine who lives near Gadsden says many were turned off to Moore prior to the allegations of him being a perv. His disrespect for the Constitution and being thrown off the courts twice was reason enough to reject him.

It looks like the endorsement from equally creepy Trump and Bannon didn't help either.  :)

You are right about Moore's popularity in Alabama prior to the allegations.  He had lost 2 races for governor.  He simply was not popular with the people of Alabama to begin with. 

Remember Scott Brown in Massachusetts?  Doug Jones is the Scott Brown of Alabama.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 12, 2017, 10:47:59 PM
You are right about Moore's popularity in Alabama prior to the allegations.  He had lost 2 races for governor.  He simply was not popular with the people of Alabama to begin with.
It is a problem in both Parties due to the primary/caucus system in a lot of cases and also depending on voting cycles. I'm not against them, I like to see some chaos and 'wildcards' in races versus Party-men across the board but having to go to certain 'bases,' often more fringe, radical, or unmoving to get through primaries/caucuses mean that come a general election the Parties can have problems if the other, often due to actually lack of outside involvement, the opponent seems more normal, even to people in the other party. Or, if base/area secured, when they get upon a State-wide or National stage seen as "too far" one direction or another.

Up All Night

Quote from: albrecht on December 12, 2017, 09:55:05 PM

After --all-- votes are finally counted, including the military mail in votes, then, if the difference is close enough, the Alabama state law mandates a recount.

And here's the guy the SOS will appoint to do the recount...

Possible that Alabama doesn't certify the election until sometime next year. Only then can the new Senator take his seat.

Gd5150

Quote from: Up All Night on December 12, 2017, 11:06:43 PM
After --all-- votes are finally counted, including the military mail in votes, then, if the difference is close enough, the Alabama state law mandates a recount.

And here's the guy the SOS will appoint to do the recount...

Possible that Alabama doesn't certify the election until sometime next year. Only then can the new Senator take his seat.

Good lord that’s a long ways away. Let’s hope Jones sets a new tone for the DNC and doesn’t molest or rape some democrat interns before then. I mean a whole month at least, he might be forced to resign before he’s ever sworn in.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 12, 2017, 10:54:02 PM
Remember Scott Brown in Massachusetts?  Doug Jones is the Scott Brown of Alabama.

Yup, that’s how Pocahnotas got elected but I still think there is advantage in incumbency.

albrecht

Is there a better way to cap 2017 than Liz Warren unintentionally calling Kirsten Gillibrand a slut? https://t.co/Zo9aZBFJlQ

â€" Amber Athey (@amber_athey) December 12, 2017

Kidnostad3

Tavis Smiley suspended after investigation for sexual misconduct.  Another leftist bites the dust.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/tavis-smiley-pbs-1202639424/

Swishypants

:-*

You SUCK ASS at being the Wizard of the Upper Right Kidnostad! You haven't put one fucking funny thing up yet! Smoke a bowl of assholes!

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Swishypants on December 14, 2017, 09:01:37 AM
:-*

You SUCK ASS at being the Wizard of the Upper Right Kidnostad! You haven't put one fucking funny thing up yet! Smoke a bowl of assholes!

This post comes to you courtesy of MV who refuses to ban this twisted fuck. 

Zetaspeak

Twitter is trending that Paul Ryan might not seek re-election

albrecht

Quote from: Zetaspeak on December 14, 2017, 12:13:05 PM
Twitter is trending that Paul Ryan might not seek re-election
Politico says so also. Ryan though isn't making an official statement. Current thinking is he doesn't want to be seen as a 'lame duck' while they go for some more reforms.

Just now CNN has a whole segment on "Why is Omarosa [Manigault Newman] Still Getting A Paycheck?" and a panel of pundits. Didn't listen to it, just happen to see it on the screen with no volume. I laughed. CNN is bitching about a black woman getting a paycheck? And also the demeaning manner in which they treat Ms.Newman by, as one would do in the past slavery days;  refer to blacks by their first name. Limousine liberals might be the most funny racists because they don't recognize their condescension and racism. Like how NBC, MSNBC, etc feigns outrage at Laurer but then are caught in a "roast" laughing a "dick jokes" and sexual stories about the married man and colleague, even the women and bosses.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on December 14, 2017, 06:44:53 PM
Politico says so also. Ryan though isn't making an official statement. Current thinking is he doesn't want to be seen as a 'lame duck' while they go for some more reforms.

Just now CNN has a whole segment on "Why is Omarosa [Manigault Newman] Still Getting A Paycheck?" and a panel of pundits. Didn't listen to it, just happen to see it on the screen with no volume. I laughed. CNN is bitching about a black woman getting a paycheck? And also the demeaning manner in which they treat Ms.Newman by, as one would do in the past slavery days;  refer to blacks by their first name. Limousine liberals might be the most funny racists because they don't recognize their condescension and racism. Like how NBC, MSNBC, etc feigns outrage at Laurer but then are caught in a "roast" laughing a "dick jokes" and sexual stories about the married man and colleague, even the women and bosses.
Yeah, but how many Diet Cokes does Ms. Newman drink a day?  Fucking CNN.

albrecht

Does anyone else find it interesting how officially names, of people and organizations, are spelled differently in official documents, indictments, or investigations and how they are spelled by the news in papers etc? I'm not talking about the usual confusion for things like Kaddafi (and his many name spelling derivatives or holidays like Hanukkah which has many also.) Here in the article about how Obama (again a man with many names) protected a terrorist organization to help the Iranians in his "deal." the article headline "Hezbollah" but one of the internal documents "Hizballah." Or in the 9/11 Commission Report it was "Usama" but most news calls him "Osama."
https://www.politico.com/interactives/2017/obama-hezbollah-drug-trafficking-investigation/