• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 30, 2017, 10:15:59 AM

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/847435163143454723

He's a fucking idiot.  There I said it.  He got a large portion of his support from the voters who support the Freedom Caucus.  He continues this and he will be voted out in 2020.

Believe it or not but old school Republican tears are just as delicious as liberal tears.  Keep it up, Mr. president! ;D

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on March 29, 2017, 07:15:56 PM
WTF!! Someone needs to put a stop to this BS! She's gone from "no job" at the WH, to a "non-official" job, and now she has an "official" job?!? What the hell is going on? This family's egos are out of control. Or something even more nefarious, like daddy is unfit for office and she's the fixer, a de facto president? WTF?!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/29/politics/ivanka-trump-white-house-job/index.html

I think it's damn decent and gracious of her to "voluntarily" comply with government ethics regulations since she evidently wouldn't have been required to.

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 30, 2017, 09:19:00 AM
Trump has apparently tweeted that 2018 he''ll be not only taking on the Dems, but the so called freedom caucus too.
The popcorn machines will be busy.  ;D

The issues Trump campaigned on have much overlap with the Freedom Caucus.  It's the Libs and the Republican Establishment who are out to get him, not them. 

Trump is a fairly dumb guy who is good at one thing and got lucky doing it.  Ok, two things if we include self promotion, although how good does a billionaire really have to be at self promotion - they are going to get coverage no matter what, and a billionaire buffoon is going to get Hollywood offers no matter what. 

So the guy figures out what the American people are demanding, that neither party is addressing, and runs on those issues.  Even though he's a jerk, he somehow squeaks in. 

And now this?  Not really a surprise, having lived under the Schwarzenegger governorship disaster - this was predictable and predicted - but it is a disappointment.

Still - and always - better than Hilary, and it's still very early so a lot can change, so we'll see. 

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 30, 2017, 11:56:29 AM
Believe it or not but old school Republican tears are just as delicious as liberal tears.  Keep it up, Mr. president! ;D

So passing Obamacare lite was ok with you?  That plan sucked.   The Freedom Caucus was trying to hold Trump to his word to replace Obamacare with a better system.  Are you equating conservative Republicans with old school Republicans?  Those are two completely different creatures.  McCain and McConnell are old school Republicans and they were ones who were more than likely going to vote yes on Trumpcare. 

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 30, 2017, 09:19:00 AM
Trump has apparently tweeted that 2018 he''ll be not only taking on the Dems, but the so called freedom caucus too.
The popcorn machines will be busy.  ;D

By the way, I thought you are the one always reminding us Trump is easily distracted, doesn't remember what he said 5 minutes ago, and doesn't follow through.  But this is different?

One thing about Congress is it's almost impossible to beat a sitting House member or Senator.  It's even more difficult for someone in their party to beat them in a primary.  They have the name recognition and have already created a coalition in their districts - certainly within their party in their districts - who support them.  When those people switch and support a challenger, and the challenger loses to the incumbent, they're then on the outside looking in.

It's probably easier for a more ideological challenger to defeat a ''moderate'' in a primary than the other way around.  Because they're running on principles and issues.  As was shown yesterday regarding Trump primary support, he's not popular within the party the way, say, Reagan was.  And he hasn't exactly been covering himself with glory so far.  I don't see ANY conservatives losing their seats to a Trump stooge in 2018.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 30, 2017, 12:30:34 PM
So passing Obamacare lite was ok with you?  That plan sucked.   The Freedom Caucus was trying to hold Trump to his word to replace Obamacare with a better system.

No. I said back in Feb that they were full of shit when it came to health care and really had no plan. No president should ever choose health care as their first project to tackle. He should've learned that from Clinton in his first term. All this horseshit is because he trusted Ryan too much, too early. Now he needs to get back to what he knows best, which is getting American business back on track IN THIS COUNTRY! Healthcare should've been done either later in his term or even saved for a second term, if he though it was going that way. We only have two options available to us now: the status quo and Trump. I'm still backing Trump.

smccomas69

Would not do any good.

I read the Intel assessment release, I also work in the industry. So I understood exactly what they were saying the last two thirds of the document reads like a security best practice. The good news is someone took the time to reword the elements to make it appear to be new, it wasn't.

From the office of the director of national intelligence "does not dispute the CIA's analysis of Russian hacking operations, it has not endorsed their assessment because of a lack of conclusive evidence that Moscow intended to boost Trump over Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton"
Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-intelligence-idUSKBN14204E

At this point the narrative must be maintained a lot of people in office have supported the claim and to back down now would just look bad.

If the Russian's hacked anything (which the probably did) it was Clinton's server. Notice everything that had been released none of it was pulled off her server directly. They probably have dropped that IF she would have won. That is what they would have released not the bullshit that came out.       

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 30, 2017, 12:39:17 PM
No. I said back in Feb that they were full of shit when it came to health care and really had no plan. No president should ever choose health care as their first project to tackle. He should've learned that from Clinton in his first term. All this horseshit is because he trusted Ryan too much, too early. Now he needs to get back to what he knows best, which is getting American business back on track IN THIS COUNTRY! Healthcare should've been done either later in his term or even saved for a second term, if he though it was going that way. We only have two options available to us now: the status quo and Trump. I'm still backing Trump.

Part of getting American business back on track is getting rid of Obamacare.   Or did the fact that many full-time jobs were eliminated and replaced with part-time jobs because of Obamacare escape you?  Many people voted for Trump so he would get rid of Obamacare and he let them down.  Not a small segment of his supporters are angry with him now over his stupid tweets regarding the Freedom Caucus now.  That sits well with you?

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 30, 2017, 08:01:11 AM
You're still hanging onto the hope that the Russians didn't have anything to do with the election in any way then? Bless you. You'd better tell the Senate, the CIA, the FBI, the NSA and numerous other interested parties. I'd include the house intel committee but the Rep chairman is in hock to Trump and has cancelled all meetings indefinitely. Oddly no Trumpers on here have expressed any objection whatsoever to that behaviour. Or the fact he revealed there was a FISA  investigation, which in itself is a felony.  I'm sure they'd have given Obama the same benefit of the doubt.

I have to admit to not following this story in the slightest, since I know it's bullshit meant to distract Trump from making good on his campaign issues.

This is going to go the way of the ''huge issue'' of Trump ''falsely accusing Obama of spying on him''.  Weeks of outrage, then when it's reveled Obama actually was spying on him - and committing felonies along the way - the story simply vanishes.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 30, 2017, 12:30:34 PM
So passing Obamacare lite was ok with you?  That plan sucked.   The Freedom Caucus was trying to hold Trump to his word to replace Obamacare with a better system.  Are you equating conservative Republicans with old school Republicans?  Those are two completely different creatures.  McCain and McConnell are old school Republicans and they were ones who were more than likely going to vote yes on Trumpcare. 

I think by ''old school Republican'' he meant the phony Rino Republican establishment who were trying to pass RyanCare

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 30, 2017, 12:44:59 PM
Part of getting American business back on track is getting rid of Obamacare.   Or did the fact that full-time jobs were eliminated and replaced with part-time jobs because of Obamacare escape you?  Many people voted for Trump so he would get rid of Obamacare and he let them down.  Not a small segment of his supporters are angry with him now over his stupid tweets regarding the Freedom Caucus now.  That sits well with you?

Yes, it makes me happy that Trump upsets all the old corrupt bastards that you seem to want to lionize. I think any group of people willfully calling themselves The Freedom Caucus these days deserves to mocked and righteously so.   :D

P.S. Of course, he should eventually try to tackle healthcare but it was just wrong to make it his first project. Those who won't learn from history are destined to repeat it.  ;)

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 30, 2017, 12:47:46 PM
I think by ''old school Republican'' he meant the phony Rino Republican establishment who were trying to pass RyanCare

Well he was acting like it was ok if Trump took the battle to the Freedom Caucus.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 30, 2017, 12:50:03 PM
Yes, it makes me happy that Trump upsets all the old corrupt bastards that you seem to want to lionize. I think any group of people willfully calling themselves The Freedom Caucus these days deserves to mocked and righteously so.   :D

P.S. Of course, he should eventually try to tackle healthcare but it was just wrong to make it his first project. Those who won't learn from history are destined to repeat it.  ;)

Why don't you look them up and read their records before you start casting stones?  Those aren't the members of the House that you should be upset with.  The Freedom Caucus stick to their principles unlike other members of the House.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 30, 2017, 12:50:03 PM

I agree it's a dumb name, but you realize it was the conservatives in the Freedom Caucus that blocked RyanCare, right?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 30, 2017, 12:51:52 PM
Why don't you look them up and read their records before you start casting stones.  Those aren't the members of the House that you should be upset with.  The Freedom Caucus sticks to their principles unlike other members of the House.

Look, I get why he tried to do it first. It's because it would've given him revenue to do other things he wants. Fiscally it made sense. However, politics is only ever coincidentally connected to logic. It's fueled primarily by emotion and right now the current emotion is hate Trump. Not exactly a fertile ground for something as complex and controversial as healthcare. He needs to get back to his core and what got him elected.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 30, 2017, 12:55:10 PM
I agree it's a dumb name, but you realize it was the conservatives in the Freedom Caucus that blocked RyanCare, right?

Yes but I also realize Trump was trying to compromise, which really isn't in his nature, to achieve this workaround. Of course, he feels betrayed by them...but, like you point out, they really have more in common with his agenda than not. I think they will eventually become allies of Trump but in this business you don't make allies by rewarding betrayal. Trump has to lash out at them to save face.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 30, 2017, 12:58:07 PM
Look, I get why he tried to do it first. It's because it would've given him revenue to do other things he wants. Fiscally it made sense. However, politics is only ever coincidentally connected to logic. It's fueled primarily by emotion and right now the current emotion is hate Trump. Not exactly a fertile ground for something as complex and controversial as healthcare. He needs to get back to his core and what got him elected.

I'd be fine if he just let it go for the time being but then he had to go along and attack the very people who are the only decent representatives on the Republican side.   He really needs to stay off twitter before he isolates himself any further.  Hopefully, his good friend Hannity will school him on who the enemies really are.

In general, the president should inform the Congress of what legislation he wants passed.  If they agree, they are going to draft the legislation, amendments, and House/Senate reconciliation, and it usually needs to be done with a certain amount of bipartisan consensus.

The White House should have a liaison to guide them, to ensure the presidents priorities are included, and the Congress should be made aware early on what he wouldn't accept that would draw a veto.

The various House committees and subcommittees should each be working on Trumps agenda items.  They should all be moving forward.  Healthcare should just be one of them.

Trump needs to figure out what his agenda is, hire a White House staff to get it done, and be above the daily fray.  That he is still tweeting stupidly shows he isn't doing this.  It's the difference between success and failure.

Juan

Hannity is an idiot.  I wouldn't count on him.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan on March 30, 2017, 01:11:11 PM

He's not really an idiot but just an in the tank Republican, which can often seem like the same thing.  ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 30, 2017, 01:02:48 PM
Yes but I also realize Trump was trying to compromise, which really isn't in his nature, to achieve this workaround. Of course, he feels betrayed by them...but, like you point out, they really have more in common with his agenda than not. I think they will eventually become allies of Trump but in this business you don't make allies by rewarding betrayal. Trump has to lash out at them to save face.

Perhaps he should worry less about saving face and more about getting his agenda passed.  The Freedom Caucus will more than likely go along with many of his proposals that is if they aren't watered down by House leadership  the same way his ideas for replacing Obamacare were watered down.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 30, 2017, 01:05:43 PM
In general, the president should inform the Congress of what legislation he wants passed.  If they agree, they are going to draft the legislation, amendments, and House/Senate reconciliation, and it usually needs to be done with a certain amount of bipartisan consensus.

The White House should have a liaison to guide them, to ensure the presidents priorities are included, and the Congress should be made aware early on what he wouldn't accept that would draw a veto.

The various House committees and subcommittees should each be working on Trumps agenda items.  They should all be moving forward.  Healthcare should just be one of them.

Trump needs to figure out what his agenda is, hire a White House staff to get it done, and be above the daily fray.  That he is still tweeting stupidly shows he isn't doing this.  It's the difference between success and failure.

I think what you're failing to appreciate about his tweeting is that it's not really to other DC insiders, it's to the people of this country, those who voted for him or those who think they might.  ;)

Quote from: Juan on March 30, 2017, 01:11:11 PM

Notice I said his friend Hannity.  Perhaps like attracts like.  Maybe Rush can get to Trump's ear.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 30, 2017, 01:17:18 PM
I think what you're failing to appreciate about his tweeting is that it's not really to other DC insiders, it's to the people of this country, those who voted for him or those who think they might.  ;)

Did you read the replies to his tweet from this morning? Ignoring the leftist trolls of course.  They are easy to spot.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 30, 2017, 01:15:13 PM
Perhaps he should worry less about saving face and more about getting his agenda passed.  The Freedom Caucus will more than likely go along with many of his proposals that is if they aren't watered down by House leadership  the same way his ideas for replacing Obamacare were watered down.

You're playing the reporter game. Criticize him for trying to save face but if he didn't you'd criticize that too and call him weak. Let's try to understand that the vested interest of most of DC is precisely to constantly put him in a no-win situation. This is the kind of corruption we should be trying to get rid of, not celebrating.   ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 30, 2017, 01:21:15 PM
You're playing the reporter game. Criticize him for trying to save face but if he didn't you'd criticize that too and call him weak. Let's try to understand that the vested interest of most of DC is precisely to constantly put him in a no-win situation. This is the kind of corruption we should be trying to get rid of, not celebrating.   ;)

No, saving face and acting petulant in the public eye is not necessarily a presidential trait. It's adolescent behavior.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 30, 2017, 01:19:48 PM
Did you read the replies to his tweet from this morning? Ignoring the leftist trolls of course.  They are easy to spot.

No, I'm not a Twitter/Facebook kinda guy. I only ever hear about them coincidentally through news stories and posts like this.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 30, 2017, 01:25:16 PM
No, saving face and acting petulant in the public eye is not necessarily a presidential trait. It's adolescent behavior.

Yep, and most of America applauds when DT acts like a petulant child towards those other petulant children we've taken to calling the political establishment.  Stop getting caught up in the inside drama like you're one of them. Most of them would throw you off a bridge without a second thought if they though it meant another dime for themselves. ;D

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 30, 2017, 01:39:22 PM
Yep, and most of America applauds when DT acts like a petulant child towards those other petulant children we've taken to calling the political establishment.  Stop getting caught up in the inside drama like you're one of them. Most of them would throw you off a bridge without a second thought if they though it meant another dime for themselves. ;D

Speak for yourself.  Again you haven't read the replies to his tweet from this morning, have you?  Once again, ignoring the obvious leftist comments.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 30, 2017, 01:42:58 PM
Speak for yourself.  Again you haven't read the replies to his tweet from this morning, have you?  Once again, ignoring the obvious leftist comments.

No but they wouldn't really mean anything if I had. Twitter is just people spouting off in the moment. It's not reflective thought.