• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

b_dubb

tmk ... did it really help you focus? or are you taking the piss? 

heater

Quote from: b_dubb on August 05, 2014, 09:05:39 PM
tmk ... did it really help you focus? or are you taking the piss?

it actually did, or at least was a good replacement for my pen cap.

BobGrau

Quote from: maureen on August 05, 2014, 09:33:00 AM
Thanks for the kind comments, everyone, and the voice is my slightly formal, shy first-time caller, teacher of English as a second language and being born in a theatre trunk voice.  And the industrial kitchen sound was my husband making the dog's dinner!  ;D

Happy birthday, Coaster!

A shot of tequila for all!! ;D

Maureen, your call was like a poem by Ivor Cutler:

Ivor Cutler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nt7PWtgOPI

maureen

Quote from: BobGrau on August 06, 2014, 01:01:05 AM
Maureen, your call was like a poem by Ivor Cutler:

Ivor Cutler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nt7PWtgOPI
Brilliant!  You put me in a right proper giggle!  Thank you!  ;D

WildCard

"Come and play."
That'd make a great epitaph. Might creep some people out though.
"Gone fishin'."

Finally got to listen to Monday's gabcast. Great show. Still can't figure out Noory's Word of the Day, but I can't figure out most of Noory's word salads on a good day, so no great surprise there. Also, it's allergy season and I expect to see the Sphinctorex inhaler on the shelves of the local CVS any day now.

Enjoyed listening to the lovely maureen. You have a lovely accent, maureen, and your ghost story was pretty chilling what with the little girl and your dad. Good story.

(Redacted), your story was really interesting, too.  Franciscans priest and brothers wear brown robes with sandals and a rope belt. There was a big Franciscan presence in California on the western Pacific side as you said, but maybe the Mexican miners were accompanied by priests? I'm just throwing that out there, that this could have been the spectre of someone who was a missionary to the Catholic miners in that area. At any rate, it was a fascinating story, even more so because all of your friends saw the same thing.

I've never seen a ghost and never want to because I'd probably pass out from sheer fright, lol. Great stories!

zeebo

Just caught the last gabcast.  A few follow-up notes:

I got all of the 70's shows but the first one, Charlies Angels, but I guessed Police Woman - so I think that's close enough for credit right?

Jazmunda, your comment that you plan to have your earthly remains scattered in Pahrump - well I almost shed a (manly) tear to that.

Maureen & (Redacted) - Great ghost stories.  Would love to hear more bellgabbers call in with any experiences like that.

(R) as UC mentions above your description of the robe reminded me of Franciscan monks which certainly seems not implausible around that time and region.  Perhaps he was someone who gave services at the cemetary and/or was maybe even a kind of part-time groundskeeper when not doing his religious duties?

Actually your story reminds me of my one and only ghost story, which happened to me around the same age, and when I was also with a friend of mine.  We had wandered off late at night up on a deserted trail in the woods, to find a cool remote spot to, um, partake in similar herbal recreation activities as you were.  It was like way past midnite and there are no homes or anything out there, and no reason for anyone really to be there.  We came around a bend in the tree-covered trail and there off in the distance, we were both shocked to see a young woman, in a white flowing dress (almost looked like a weding dress), who came out of the woods onto the trail, stopped, turned and looked towards us sort of plaintively, stood there still for a moment, and then raced back into the woods on the other side of the trail.  As you described in your experience we were both glad the other was there to confirm that the other one saw it and we weren't crazy.  She was totally silent, and had this eerie whitish translucent quality about her, and she seemed somewhat in a hurry for some reason.  I've never forgotten it, and never seen anything else like it since.

Tarbaby

Quote from: zeebo on August 09, 2014, 09:04:10 PM
Just caught the last gabcast.  A few follow-up notes:

I got all of the 70's shows but the first one, Charlies Angels, but I guessed Police Woman - so I think that's close enough for credit right?

Jazmunda, your comment that you plan to have your earthly remains scattered in Pahrump - well I almost shed a (manly) tear to that.

Maureen & (Redacted) - Great ghost stories.  Would love to hear more bellgabbers call in with any experiences like that.

(R) as UC mentions above your description of the robe reminded me of Franciscan monks which certainly seems not implausible around that time and region.  Perhaps he was someone who gave services at the cemetary and/or was maybe even a kind of part-time groundskeeper when not doing his religious duties?

Actually your story reminds me of my one and only ghost story, which happened to me around the same age, and when I was also with a friend of mine.  We had wandered off late at night up on a deserted trail in the woods, to find a cool remote spot to, um, partake in similar herbal recreation activities as you were.  It was like way past midnite and there are no homes or anything out there, and no reason for anyone really to be there.  We came around a bend in the tree-covered trail and there off in the distance, we were both shocked to see a young woman, in a white flowing dress (almost looked like a weding dress), who came out of the woods onto the trail, stopped, turned and looked towards us sort of plaintively, stood there still for a moment, and then raced back into the woods on the other side of the trail.  As you described in your experience we were both glad the other was there to confirm that the other one saw it and we weren't crazy.  She was totally silent, and had this eerie whitish translucent quality about her, and she seemed somewhat in a hurry for some reason.  I've never forgotten it, and never seen anything else like it since.
great story! Jeabo, did you happen to read my post several weeks ago about my experience with the Ouija board? I think most people didn't see it because it got buried in a fleeting thread, something about Ouija boards and possession was the title but I believe the word possession was misspelled in the threads subject line. But I'm a skeptic and my story was absolutely true. So when I hear stories like yours abve I'm not as full out skeptical as I used to be.

zeebo

Quote from: Tarbaby on August 10, 2014, 11:29:13 AM
great story! Jeabo, did you happen to read my post several weeks ago about my experience with the Ouija board? I think most people didn't see it because it got buried in a fleeting thread, something about Ouija boards and possession was the title but I believe the word possession was misspelled in the threads subject line. But I'm a skeptic and my story was absolutely true. So when I hear stories like yours abve I'm not as full out skeptical as I used to be.

It's interesting you mention the ouija board.  Like I said that is my only ghost story, but I actually have quite a few ouija board stories - although I'm reluctant to talk about them since they were kind of personal. 

In spite of my natural skeptical bias, I can tell you that during the years I experimented with them, I have absolutely no doubt I was communicating with the spirit world. 

I missed your post you mentioned but I'll dig it up and check it out.

b_dubb

Next GabCast is going to be super special. Like really really awesome.  Or just really shitty. Either one. Both.  Stay tuned.

eddie dean

Quote from: b_dubb on August 10, 2014, 11:38:40 PM
....  Or just really shitty....  Stay tuned.

you really shouldn't inflate the listener's expectations like that.    :o

onan

WildCard

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on August 09, 2014, 05:05:05 AM
Enjoyed listening to the lovely maureen. You have a lovely accent, maureen, and your ghost story was pretty chilling what with the little girl and your dad. Good story.
+1
maureen,
If my dad had experienced something like that, he would go to his grave with that secret.
Which makes me wonder - how did he tell you?
By the fireplace? At the dinner table?
Did he take it just as a matter-of-fact?
Quote from: zeebo on August 09, 2014, 09:04:10 PM

Wow. I want to see a ghost. Even if I do pee my pants.
The hooded beings are almost an archetype. Image search, "early alien drawings".
Now that I think about it, so is the - "woman, in a white flowing dress".

The Band- Long Black Veil
Quote from: Tarbaby on August 10, 2014, 11:29:13 AM
That's a hell of a story.
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,6218.0.html #25

Yorkshire pud

As you're talking about ghostly stuff here's my one and only possible experience. I used to work in a firm whose premises were a converted bus garage. Consequently it had high ceilings in the warehouse area, and the rest had suspended ceilings and the area divided up into different work areas. The firm supplied and printed on vinyl, used in sign making. I was a techie who repaired and installed the printing machines we sold to customers, but helped out in production (all bases covered!)..We had a large work room that had along table down the centre, several printing machines arranged in a herringbone pattern down one wall and in the corner about half a dozen rolls of vinyl stood on end..the longest being 1400mm, the shortest 700mm.

Under the table was a steel plated section in the painted floor that also ran the full length of the room...This was about three feet wide. It covered the old inspection pit that was used when it had been the bus garage. The story goes that when it had been used as intended, a mechanic had been killed by a bus that slipped into the pit and decapitated him.

I was at the opposite end of the room to the vinyl in the corner working on something, all doors closed and I looked up to see a roll of vinyl tip over and knock the next and so on...skittles. There was no-one in the room other than me. I wasn't the only person this had happened to, others had said this room had got cold suddenly, but I never felt anything like that.

maureen

great ghostly tales!!

Wildcard, the ghost of the little girl who visited my father was the daughter of the woman who lived with my father. She told me of the visitation.  ;)

I wonder about ghostly aromas... mother's perfume, dad's cologne, etc.

Quote from: maureen on August 11, 2014, 02:05:45 PM

I wonder about ghostly aromas... mother's perfume, dad's cologne, etc.

I could deal with something like that a whole lot better than a sighting which would probably make me pee my pants. But, I have smelled smoke in the house from time to time with the windows closed and no one outside, and I don't smoke. My parents did, my grandfather did and my best friend did. If this is a ghostly aroma, I wish whoever it was would be a little more specific. Like, how about Aqua Velva or Clinique's Happy guy, just so's  I have some kind of  clue?  ;D

zeebo

Quote from: WildCard on August 11, 2014, 11:22:56 AM
... The hooded beings are almost an archetype. ... Now that I think about it, so is the - "woman, in a white flowing dress"...

Yeah I thought my experience might sound a bit cliche, like something out of some old gothic tale.  And yet, that's what my friend and I both saw.   ???

Khameleon808

I had no issues with the last cast.  Other than I guess the fact I don't believe in ghosts kinda makes me a buzzkill :(

Or maybe I just haven't had the experience yet.  But hearing those stories, opens the door to have an open mind about that stuff again.

I just remember a few nights in highschool where all of us would go to places we would find haunted in the midwest from the internet.   Only to find dozens of other people out there standing around waiting for the same thing.  Soon you'd see some jackass starting some fires to stand around, cops came, over with.     So Im still waiting for that SERIOUS eerie moment.   

The stories were great tho.   I was gonna ask if you guys did ghost stuff or waited till around Halloween for that.

onan

Quote from: b_dubb on August 16, 2014, 01:34:47 AM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil's_Tramping_Ground

A colorful, interesting story.

I think it is important to note:

The Southern Supreme Fruitcake factory is located just outside of Bennett.

WildCard

Quote from: Khameleon808 on August 16, 2014, 02:20:58 AM
Road Trip.  Anyone down?
Oh, hell yeah!
Do you have gas money and a car? Also, maybe a free hotel deal? Maybe coupons?

I've got three free 12-oz Pepsi's from that lucky cap game, so I'll take care of that part.

onan

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on August 18, 2014, 03:31:31 PM
   Not only do you have such a strong grip on "medical quackery" that you are almost a blahctor, (a profession which, as a famous veterinary doctor has said mand times... is outlived by the average couch potato) but you also must be dabbling in the spiritual, since this last post of yours... was an answer to my prayers.
mf

Your sick, sorry you won't get help.

jazmunda

Quote from: onan on August 18, 2014, 02:40:11 PM
No GabCast tonight.

Fortunately eddie is getting some serious pussy tonight. Unfortunately he is staying home with his cat.

http://youtu.be/_Rav9ijyyZk

And that's your GabCast fix for the day.

McPhallus

Pidget seems to be deleting his own posts lately.  Odd.

onan

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on August 18, 2014, 04:02:18 PM
You think what you think, and do what you do.

« on: November 10, 2010, 05:59:29 AM »
<<Well at any given moment in someone's day I could probably make a case for mental incompetence. I am a forensic psychiatric nurse... trust me I could. >>

Your credibility has that to consider.
mf
Only adding to your dishonesty. Why didn't you post the rest of that quote?

Khameleon808

Quote from: onan on August 18, 2014, 02:40:11 PM
No GabCast tonight.

Damnit! lol
And I had a pretty good JC skit I was working on :P
Is everyone just busy or something?   

Next week then? or do you guys usually wait another 2 weeks if you miss a show?