• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Celebrating Art's Return!!!!

Started by oldiesfunhouse, September 12, 2013, 01:55:15 PM

In celebration of the return of Art Bell on SiriusXm on Monday, September 16, I will be playing songs on my internet radio show, The Oldies Funhouse, that Art has used as bumper music through the years. This show will air live on Sunday, September 15, 4 to 6 PM Eastern, 3 to 5 Central, 2 to 4 Mountain, and 1 to 3 in the time zone of the high desert and the Great American Southwest.
You'll hear Maxine Nightingale, Maria Muldaur, Crystal Gayle, Cusco, ABBA, Fleetwood Mac and many more. Go to www.panoramicradio.com, choose listen, select your player, and you should be able to hear the show. You may also listen to my show live over the telephone by calling (712) 432-6870.  Request your favorite Art Bell classic by calling our wildcard line at (801) 833-0797, or, whether you're East or West of the Rockies, you can Skype in at panoramicradio. We don't have FastBlast but you can send a tweet to @oldiesfunhouse or an e-mail to oldiesfunhouse@gmail.com.
Wanna take a ride on my seesaw as I blow it all sky high? Then join me, Michael Kendall Harris for a musical tribute to Art Bell on the Oldies Funhouse on Panoramic Radio, Sound Without Limits!

Sleepwalker

Some highlights from Art's Interview in the September 23rd issue of TIME on page 64.

Bell says the decision to come out of retirement was entirely his, a response to the direction that Noory has taken the show - closer to talk radio's over-caffeinated political chat (Alex Jones, the conspiracy theorist best known for claiming that the government perpetrated the Boston bombings, is a regular guest) than the open-minded exploration of the supernatural that defined Bell's tenure.  Noory, he says, has "ruined" the franchise.  Noory declined to speak to TIME; a spokesman for his syndicator, Premiere Networks, said the company is "fortunate" to have him.

"Not a chance in hell," Bell says, when asked if he would ever return to his old show.  "It's not personal.  It's just an institutional hatred.  I really hate them."

The audience for conspiracies is vast, but Bell says he doesn't want them.  "George can keep them," Bell says with a smile.  He's after a different demographic: "The sane fringe."

Go buy the issue and read the full article.  It's the issue that just came out today, dated September 23, with "How Wall Street Won" as the cover story.  Good article and a great photo of Art in his new studio.

Glad to have Art back on the air. It's been a long wait.

Wahnfried

What a great first night. It was sooooo good to hear Art doing what he does best. I look forward to many, many fun, sleepless nights.

Now. When should I cancel my subscription to C2C? ;)

Quote from: Richard Groyper on September 17, 2013, 09:34:41 AM
Glad to have Art back on the air. It's been a long wait.

lol, this my first post with this account. how times have changed.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Richard Groyper on October 21, 2018, 05:30:58 PM
lol, this my first post with this account. how times have changed.

Before you took your final form.