• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sports Kneelers

Started by Zenman, September 24, 2017, 02:09:25 AM

Zenman

China considers three-year jail terms for disrespecting national anthem

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-law-anthem/china-considers-three-year-jail-terms-for-disrespecting-national-anthem-idUSKBN1D0075

I wonder if they play their national anthem at the table tennis matches.

albrecht

Quote from: Zenman on October 30, 2017, 11:14:16 PM
China considers three-year jail terms for disrespecting national anthem

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-law-anthem/china-considers-three-year-jail-terms-for-disrespecting-national-anthem-idUSKBN1D0075

I wonder if they play their national anthem at the table tennis matches.
Man, if they do there will be some good organs for millionaires and party bureacrats. They have speed! Though, thinking about it, that might involve drugs...so please greasemark the good ones and the ones that will be sold on the black market, first. A Falun Gong or some Christian might be better for the liver, etc.

Germany does this? Bring in Muslims, and Catholic areas need to make, but still celebrate history? WTF. They should be destroying history AND bringing in immigrants and refugees to help out. And trying to Balkanize like Obama. WTF?:
http://www.stuttgarter-zeitung.de/inhalt.reformationstag-2017-einmalig-bundesweiter-feiertag.b7e189b3-a33d-41a3-a0f4-141cd13df54e.html
Not going to translate because late. 500th Anniversary of the Reformation. Wear Red.

Germany made it (or tried) to make it a national holiday despite the traditional Catholic/Lutheran (and few remaining Jew) differences? Try to celebrate history and bring people together? Weird. There must be some more nefarious agenda: a 'red flag' for antifada or "refugees" to attack? Weird Germany under Merkel would do this?

For some reason the NBA players don't have the same First Amendment rights the NFL players do, because the NBA has a rule on the books that requires players to stand and “line up in a dignified posture along the sidelines or on the foul line” during the anthem.

Of course some of them are feeling left out of the recent uproar, and are looking for ways to show their distain and drive away customers.  For example the Golden State Warriors very publicly let everyone know they weren't going to go to the White House as has become traditional for major sports champions to do. 

Now that things are starting to die down a little, Draymond Green (someone actually named a kid ''Draymond'') decided to up the ante a bit by being ''offended'' the owner of the Dallas team referred to himself as an ''owner''.  ''Draymond'' decided that is no longer appropriate, because someone might get the idea the players are slaves.

While this is more of a reflection on ''Draymond's'' education and English language comprehension, it's also a commentary on the state of our inner city schools that while he himself of course understands the difference between owning a company and owning a person, he thinks others who grow up where he did may not.

The bigger issue is there can never be an end to the Left's demands of ''justice'' or anything else.  There will always be something they can point to that isn't up to their standards, even if they have to make it up.

Draymond Fucking Green.  Livng here where the Warriors are on the front page of the sports section every day, if not the front page of the news section, we've come to know these players quite well.

''Draymond'' piles up large numbers of technical fouls because of the way he plays, but insists ''I've got to be me'' and refuses to tone it down.  He's big on being Draymond, and not bowing to the good of the team or anything else, although apparently he's the loudest voice in the clubhouse when he doesn't approve of what others are or are not doing.

''Draymond'' very likely cost the Warriors a championship in the 2015-16 season.  Up on Cleveland three game to one, ''Draymond'' got another one of his dumb technicals fouls, reached the playoff limit for T's, and had to sit out the rest of that game and the next one, both of which Cleveland went on to win, and Clevelend then went on to win Game 7 and the series. 

But, you know, ''Draymond'' has to be Draymond.  Those owners better watch what they say because ''Draymond'' told us people will start to think they own the players.

Here's a link to ''Draymond's'' response to Dallas owner Mark Cuban's response to the original comments.  Cuban basically said ''Draymond'' is an idiot, pointed out why, and offered to pay for him to take a busines class so he can get his terms straight. 

I don't much care for Cuban, but why can't any Republican ever simply respond to the Left's bullshit the way Cuban responded to this moron?

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/11/04/draymond-green-declines-to-address-mark-cubans-criticisms-over-call-to-stop-using-the-word-owner/ 

Zetaspeak

Horrible tasting pizza tycoon Papa Johns blames NFL players for his poor sales. Papa Johns quote  “Leadership starts at the top and this is an example of poor leadership.” Is he talking about himself and taking responsibility his business OF COURSE NOT! he's talking about others and blaming others. When in doubt blame the black dudes.

So I went to check if this past the smelling test and looked at Papa Johns stock market for the year

Nov. 7/16     79.27
Dec 10/16    89.55 (it's peak in the last 365 days)
Feb. 6/17     82.79
Mar 21/17    73.99 (first big dip)
May 1/ 17    78.65
Jun 6.  17    84.75 (start of a steady decline)
Aug 1/17     71.13 (NFL preseaon starts at Aug 3)
Sep 7/17    71.72 (start of the NFL season)
Oct 31/17  68.05 (The day before he complained)
Nov 1/17   62.26 (the day after he complained) it bottomed out at 59.77
Current      61.42 (lowest of the year)

So his stock took a much bigger hit in Feb-Mar losing 9 points and the  summer  and Jun-Aug  losing 13.5 points, both when there was no NFL proest on. During the season PJ went  down 3 points from Aug to Nov (he mentioned his NFL criticism) with his a third of a decline of (Feb/Mar) and a quarter of (June/July) If you look at the full 365 and when he peaked and when the decline started you'd have a better argument his support of Trump might be what hurt his stock than the NFL protest

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 06, 2017, 04:59:44 AM
Famed sports broadcaster, Vin Scully, will never watch another NFL football game again.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/vin-scully-says-hell-never-watch-another-nfl-game-again-due-to-anthem-protests/

#MeToo

Wasn't that great.  And with two NFL teams recently moved to LA and trying to generate support there.  Fuck 'em.

Quote from: Zetaspeak on November 05, 2017, 11:06:18 PM
Horrible tasting pizza tycoon Papa Johns blames NFL players for his poor sales. Papa Johns quote  “Leadership starts at the top and this is an example of poor leadership.” Is he talking about himself and taking responsibility his business OF COURSE NOT! he's talking about others and blaming others. When in doubt blame the black dudes.

So I went to check if this past the smelling test and looked at Papa Johns stock market for the year

Nov. 7/16     79.27
Feb. 6/17     82.79
May 1/ 17    78.65

So his stock took a much bigger hit in Feb-Mar losing 9 points and the  summer  and Jun-Aug  losing 13.5 points, both when there was no NFL proest on. During the season PJ went  down 3 points from Aug to Nov (he mentioned his NFL criticism) with his a third of a decline of (Feb/Mar) and a quarter of (June/July) If you look at the full 365 and when he peaked and when the decline started you'd have a better argument his support of Trump might be what hurt his stock than the NFL protest

He's talking about the NFL Commissioner and many of the owners.  Doesn't take a genius to understand that.  Get out of that bubble you keep yourself in.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Zetaspeak on November 05, 2017, 11:06:18 PM

Nov. 7/16     79.27
Feb. 6/17     82.79
May 1/ 17    78.65

After all the fake polls I just have trouble believing any numbers you present.  ;)

Zetaspeak

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 06, 2017, 04:59:44 AM
Famed sports broadcaster, Vin Scully, will never watch another NFL football game again.

There's an age joke in there somewhere, but I am not taking it because I like Scully

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 06, 2017, 05:20:29 AM
Wasn't that great.  And with two NFL teams recently moved to LA and trying to generate support there.  Fuck 'em.

This might be more of an NFL thread answer, but I am not sure if I would invest in NFL in LA. The weather is too nice in the fall for people wanting to spend their Sunday afternoons in a stadium. Plus most LA NFL teams I know are fans of a bunch of other teams, it will be hard to throw a team from St. Louis and the Chargers and stick them in LA and say "Now this is your team, have a connection with them"

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 06, 2017, 06:35:06 AM
He's talking about the NFL Commissioner and many of the owners.  Doesn't take a genius to understand that.  Get out of that bubble you keep yourself in.

Right, he wanted the Commish to drop the hammer on these players, like PJs did on his employees when he pays them as little as possible and cut their times to avoid giving them medical insurance.

Again, he blamed the NFL for his business problems, even though his stock was dropping fast (13.5 points) two months (June/July) before the NFL pre-season started. During NFL season (Aug-Nov) it actually stabilized losing only 3 points during those three months. Of course until he opened his mouth at the first of the month which caused is stock to free fall from 68.04 to it's current 59.81 (8 point drop in less than a week) By the looks of it, his struggles seem to be more self-inflicted than anything else.

The players want to take this to a mediator.  They won't say what they wish to achieve.  Hopefully it will be some labor panel and they will uphold the players right to destroy the league, and even find a way to make things worse.

We do know they ''are having positive conversations'', and that ''everyone's hearts are in the right place''.  We know this because they said so.

The NFL made a series of blunders.  First by not having a rule regarding proper respect during pregame ceremonies in the first place.  Sure, who would have thought these idiot players would fall for BLM's divisive garbage, but the NBA has the requirement and surely people in the league offices review what other leagues are doing; second, the 49ers should have told Kapernick to get off his ass when it became an issue, or the NFL should have instructed them to do so; third, the league should have told taken care of this during the offseason - clearly dumping Kapernick wasn't a clear enough signal; fourth, after the weekend when they all were doing it after Trump's tweet, the NFL should have finally ended it.

No one from the owner's side should have ever said ''it's a First Amendment issue'' (it isn't), and if they did the league should have issued a correction.  It's great when cowardice has a price.  Goodel should be fired - the most important job for a CEO is for the organization to not be tarnished, and it was his job to prevent it.  He is paid an enormous salary and wasn't up to the job.  And still isn't.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-players-seek-meeting-with-league-in-front-of-a-mediator-to-discuss-protests-activism/ar-AAutLfu?ocid=iehp   

Quote from: Zetaspeak on November 06, 2017, 11:09:17 AM
There's an age joke in there somewhere, but I am not taking it because I like Scully

This might be more of an NFL thread answer, but I am not sure if I would invest in NFL in LA. The weather is too nice in the fall for people wanting to spend their Sunday afternoons in a stadium. Plus most LA NFL teams I know are fans of a bunch of other teams, it will be hard to throw a team from St. Louis and the Chargers and stick them in LA and say "Now this is your team, have a connection with them"

Right, he wanted the Commish to drop the hammer on these players, like PJs did on his employees when he pays them as little as possible and cut their times to avoid giving them medical insurance.

Again, he blamed the NFL for his business problems, even though his stock was dropping fast (13.5 points) two months (June/July) before the NFL pre-season started. During NFL season (Aug-Nov) it actually stabilized losing only 3 points during those three months. Of course until he opened his mouth at the first of the month which caused is stock to free fall from 68.04 to it's current 59.81 (8 point drop in less than a week) By the looks of it, his struggles seem to be more self-inflicted than anything else.

Spare me the sob stories about multi-millionaire players.  The hammer should be dropped.  30 day suspension for every kneeler.  That should put a kibbosh on this. But. no, Goodell won't do that because he is a kneejerk liberal.  This is what leftism does.  Leaves businesses in ruins.

If the players want to protest police on black violence, save it for Tuesdays and the offseason and don't disrespect our country with this garbage.

All he had to say was this isn't the time and place for it, that it won't be tolerated.  And that fines and suspensions will be issued.

The players union would of course put up a fuss, but so what.  The overwhelming majority of the players aren't in favor of this stupid shit and certainly aren't going to strike, etc, over it.

Swishypants

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 06, 2017, 11:58:36 AM
Spare me the sob stories about multi-millionaire players.  The hammer should be dropped.  30 day suspension for every kneeler.  That should put a kibbosh on this. But. no, Goodell won't do that because he is a kneejerk liberal.  This is what leftism does.  Leaves businesses in ruins.

If the players want to protest police on black violence, save it for Tuesdays and the offseason and don't disrespect our country with this garbage.

21st! You sounded like Dirty Harry just now.  8)

Quote from: Swishypants on November 06, 2017, 01:00:08 PM

21st! You sounded like Dirty Harry just now.  8)

Thanks!!!!  I'm really fed up with all this emoting masquerading as "social justice."  They are all pussies like 136. ;D

Swishypants

I played sports as a kid and teen but honestly I didn't really enjoy it. I wasn't that good but I wasn't bad either and had a few "moments." As an adult I've never bothered with sports. It is dumbfounding to me that people spend time watching and playing sports after college at the very latest. The kneeling is ridiculous, but then again so is grown men playing and watching children's games for massive amounts of money while there is far more important shit to be spending one's time, money, and effort upon. The entire industry shouldn't even exist in my opinion.

Quote from: Swishypants on November 06, 2017, 01:16:49 PM
I played sports as a kid and teen but honestly I didn't really enjoy it. I wasn't that good but I wasn't bad either and had a few "moments." As an adult I've never bothered with sports. It is dumbfounding to me that people spend time watching and playing sports after college at the very latest. The kneeling is ridiculous, but then again so is grown men playing and watching children's games for massive amounts of money while there is far more important shit to be spending one's time, money, and effort upon. The entire industry shouldn't even exist in my opinion.

I pretty much feel the same way at least about football.  I may catch the Super Bowl but that is usually it for the season.  I am enjoying baseball again for the first time in like 22 years but have better things to do than keep track during the season.  Don't bother with any other sports.  Never have.

Swishypants

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 06, 2017, 01:36:40 PM
I pretty much feel the same way at least about football.  I may catch the Super Bowl but that is usually it for the season.  I am enjoying baseball again for the first time in like 22 years but have better things to do than keep track during the season.  Don't bother with any other sports.  Never have.

Any Baseball or Football games I've attended since have been for business or family reasons only and I just tolerated the situation and pretended to like it. Baseball is good, but I'd rather watch young people play them for nothing more than sheer enjoyment than "professionals" if I bother to watch at all, and I generally do not. If forced, I'd take a sandlot game and a six pack from 7-11 over a major league anything.

Quote from: Swishypants on November 06, 2017, 01:39:32 PM
Any Baseball or Football games I've attended since have been for business or family reasons only and I just tolerated the situation and pretended to like it. Baseball is good, but I'd rather watch young people play them for nothing more than sheer enjoyment than "professionals" if I bother to watch at all, and I generally do not. If forced, I'd take a sandlot game and a six pack from 7-11 over a major league anything.

Yeah, I know what you mean.  I enjoyed playing football in a pick-up game and I did play in pony league baseball when I was a teen.  I will go to a major league game every once in a while.  Hard not too when the new stadium is about 10 miles away and I enjoy that.  Life is too short though to watch games, day-in and day-out.  Maybe when I'm elderly and can't get around,  I'll get back to following it more closely.  Until then, I have better things to do with my time.

Zetaspeak

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 06, 2017, 12:35:12 PM
All he had to say was this isn't the time and place for it, that it won't be tolerated.  And that fines and suspensions will be issued.

The thing with laws and rules as they only work when the citizens find them just. If they suspend the players but enough players find the rule to be unjust and ignore it you can't really suspend 40% of your employees

Look what happened when the Houston Texans owner said "The inmates can't rule the prison" the Texans player took that threat and protested in mass (more than they did before the statement) similar reaction when Trump got involved.

The NFL did try to do something and (in my eyes) it looks obvious they blacklisted Kapernick everything was pretty contained there was a few protesters here and there but after Trump talked it became a mass protest.

Gd5150

Quote from: Zetaspeak on November 06, 2017, 02:18:04 PM
The thing with laws and rules as they only work when the citizens find them just. If they suspend the players but enough players find the rule to be unjust and ignore it you can't really suspend 40% of your employees

Look what happened when the Houston Texans owner said "The inmates can't rule the prison" the Texans player took that threat and protested in mass (more than they did before the statement) similar reaction when Trump got involved.

The NFL did try to do something and (in my eyes) it looks obvious they blacklisted Kapernick everything was pretty contained there was a few protesters here and there but after Trump talked it became a mass protest.
The NFL has been encouraging this leftwing crap along with their cohorts in the Demokkkrat media from the start. It’s always been bad for business. The leftwing sports media is always trying to get political so they’ll be taken more seriously. They’re all a joke.

Kaepernick was a crappy quarterback with Jim Harbaugh holding his hand. We football fans knew when Harbaugh left the franchise was going to go down the crapper. That’s why a number of players retired or asked to be traded when Harbaugh left. The owner is Jed Tork, a dumbfuck leftwing trustfunder who was handed the team from his mom who’s the sister of Eddie Debardalo, the man who built the iconic franchise of the 80s and 90s. Jed York has been an idiot from the start. Thanksgiving tweets when the team lost. A dumpy stadium that forced lifelong season ticket holders to repurchase PSLs for 10s of thousands of dollars. Fuck Kaepernick, he’s a sack of shit and so is the 49ers organization.

Here’s their dumpy new Levi’s stadium yesterday at the coin toss. 10% full is being generous. I think it’s priceless. You mess with the silent majority, you lose. We have the money. The NFL and ESPN are circling the drain and they’re too stupid to know it. Remember CNNSI?

Gd5150

Check out this defensive back for the Greenbay Packers.
😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Gd5150 on November 06, 2017, 02:58:34 PM
We football fans
Quote from: Gd5150 on November 06, 2017, 07:55:38 PM
Check out this defensive back for the Greenbay Packers.
😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

Get a load of this superfan of the NFL just learning about Ha-Ha.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lord Grantham on November 07, 2017, 07:19:48 AM

Touche! You have the most useless knowledge.  :D

Gd5150

Quote from: Lord Grantham on November 07, 2017, 07:19:48 AM
Proud of it. I know what I need to know when it comes to that shitbag league.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Gd5150 on November 07, 2017, 08:52:38 AM
Proud of it. I know what I need to know when it comes to that shitbag league.

Says thae guy who copy and pasted typed this out.
Kaepernick was a crappy quarterback with Jim Harbaugh holding his hand. We football fans knew when Harbaugh left the franchise was going to go down the crapper. That’s why a number of players retired or asked to be traded when Harbaugh left. The owner is Jed Tork, a dumbfuck leftwing trustfunder who was handed the team from his mom who’s the sister of Eddie Debardalo, the man who built the iconic franchise of the 80s and 90s. Jed York has been an idiot from the start. Thanksgiving tweets when the team lost. A dumpy stadium that forced lifelong season ticket holders to repurchase PSLs for 10s of thousands of dollars. Fuck Kaepernick, he’s a sack of shit and so is the 49ers organization.

So which is it? Either you have intimate knowledge of the and outs of 49ers ownership, or it's all beneath you and you're too cool for school.

Zetaspeak

Here’s their dumpy new Levi’s stadium yesterday at the coin toss. 10% full is being generous. I think it’s priceless. You mess with the silent majority, you lose. We have the money. The NFL and ESPN are circling the drain and they’re too stupid to know it. Remember CNNSI?

Couldn't you use a better example than San Francisco. Are we sure that this liberal paradise city isn't staying away because the players didn't go far enough  :P

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/restaurants/2017/11/06/papa-johns-condemns-endorsement-white-supremacist-publication/835304001/

This Papa John story is getting kind of hilarious now. After he was critical of the NFL, the alt-right/Nazi/white-supremacist are all claiming PJ's as their official Pizza which forced Papa Johns to say "We condemn racism in all forms and any and all hate groups that support it," Collins told Courier Journal. "We do not want these individuals or groups to buy our pizza.” -- I am guessing Papa John wish he kept his mouth shut as his stocks tumble even further after his comments and even Pizza Hut is trolling him with this statement ""We're not seeing impact on any of that on our business," Greg Creed, CEO of Pizza Hut's and DiGiorno twitter account been trolling PJ's

Quick stock market recap. Papa Johns complain football protest bringing down sales
Preseason football starts price 71.72 -- Pj's owner complain Beginning of November price 68.05 (5% drop in 3 months of protest football)
Day of PJ's owner complain start price 68.05  -- Current price of stock 57.82 (15% drop in one week)

Up All Night

President Trump attended a reception hosted by the President of South Korea yesterday.

It was held outdoors, and it featured dignitaries and a military band.

I have to report, as best I could see, there were no kneelers during the National Anthem.