• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150805 - Flat Earth Debate - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 05, 2015, 05:42:00 PM

Saltheart

Oh I cannot wait until the Aussies call in!!
Please please please let them call!

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: mortalwombat on August 05, 2015, 10:41:58 PM
back in the 1990s, Art Bell's debate callers were at least real. whether you agreed with them or not, they were mostly real. John sounds like a potential plant or provocateur, like he himself doesn't even believe what he's saying

No, he's the best they've got.  We've come a long way since 1993.  People's bullshit detectors are much more powerful now.

Claudius

John has every marker of a true believer that is totally blind to everything that disproves their theory.

Quote from: mortalwombat on August 05, 2015, 10:41:58 PM
back in the 1990s, Art Bell's debate callers were at least real. whether you agreed with them or not, they were mostly real. John sounds like a potential plant or provocateur, like he himself doesn't even believe what he's saying

That maybe why it kind of stinks, like it maybe all about making it look silly, get a verbal jujitsu science guy with cranky beliefs and all bets maybe off.

Jackstar

Quote from: Schlyder7 on August 05, 2015, 10:44:20 PM
For  fuck sake.  End this debate.  This guy is a waste of time.

Now, here, I must disagree. For whatever reason--there are people who believe this shit. How can they be brought back to rationality, if their champion is not pummeled repeatedly about the shoulders and torso?

Bellathor

Quote from: Pumamama on August 05, 2015, 10:44:01 PM
If Earth is flat, why doesn't all the water in the oceans just flow over the edges?

And how do airliners fly around the world?  Must be a magic trick.

Herbn-Legend

Quote from: gabrielle on August 05, 2015, 10:43:08 PM
This is like listening to a professor trying hard to keep a first year student interested in the subject...without being rude and without failing the guy right off the bat.  Patience is required.
hahajajahahaha this student should drop out a school

swordpoint9

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on August 05, 2015, 10:43:59 PM
You go across and then down,  underneath and up again and over, simple, like this guys brain.
We Fold Space Time like Dune ! Pilots up !

popple

With all due respect.... the only real point Jon has is on the top of his widdle itty bitty head  ;D

Jackstar

ItsOver

Is this Art's show or a Saturday Night Live routine?

Zoxo

SURELY THS SHOW IS JUST A TEST TO SEE IF WE ARE ABLE TO USE THE WORMHOLE OR NOT.... CAUSE I'M WONDERING IF I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS MESSAGED THE WORMHOLE TO DROP THIS GUY????

zeebo

I'm kind of impressed Jon actually has such quick answers (albeit nonsensical ones).

phrodo

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on August 05, 2015, 10:32:44 PM
The earth is flat, eh? STOP! THIS GUY HEAD IS ALSO FLAT.

His head is as flat as his IQ timeline since birth.

trostol

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on August 05, 2015, 10:44:53 PM
To quote Art..."Turn it off, turn it all the way off."  That is what I'm going to do with this horseshit. I'm done.

I'm about to turn it to Noory if Jon stays on much longer.

Jocko Johnson

We never to the moon and the russkie's never called us out, right?

CoherentBlast

So am I to understand that the word 'debate' means dumb guy learns from smart guy?
Whats funny is this clown believes this crap, well that and you can make money telling a huge lie  :P

JamesMcDonald

Now that they've mentioned Pluto, are all of you as excited as I am about finally getting to see that baby close up?

I've been waiting 50 years to see that beast.

Maybe we should just talk amongst ourselves?  lol   :)

Pumamama

Art?  Heather?

really not being snarky:  Are you trying to lose your audience?

zeebo

Quote from: Jackstar on August 05, 2015, 10:46:56 PM
Hear that? "This is hard, settled science."

Yep it's all there in the data, somewhere.

I really think it's time for Albert Taylor. I need a pleasant guest that's goofy and fun.

RoseGirl

Quote from: Claudius on August 05, 2015, 10:46:15 PM
John has every marker of a true believer that is totally blind to everything that disproves their theory.

John has every marker of a high functioning schitzephrenic.

grizpsych

Please end this Art. This guy is no longer entertaining.