• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

albrecht

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on February 07, 2017, 10:46:43 PM
I see Heaven's Gate is mentioned in the one article.
Check this shit out...
http://disinfo.com/2015/05/temple-oculus-anubis-arch-weirdness-oregon/

Yeah, I recall that some years ago on some blogs. There is some weirdness around DC area also. Or visit various gardens and "follys" in the UK (and here...neighbor has a whole bunch of Grecian-esque gardens.) How much is cult, weird, or whatever? How much is "hey I stole some cool shit?" How much is "pizzas?" How much is I'm out making money and my ding-bat wife wants to collect shit as we travel? Or an expert archeologist who wants some stuff to remind him of his times? Or I discovered an ancient Sumerian cult that now controls me? I don't know. But, often, folks get into this stuff. Especially if USAID, FS, Royals, etc? So? Hmmm?  ;) ;)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Art Bell on February 07, 2017, 10:54:59 PM
I do try to ignore the haters, I am aware of the Slander from the Jerk who hides behind the name "the one" if anybody knows his true name and can prove it please let me know and I will go after him.

It is depressing to me that I have to go after Savage for what he said, but saying that about my Wife on a National show was just over the top, I never had any dealings with the Man, good or bad so it just came out of the blue. This has been under way for some time, we first gave him a chance to just retract what he said and after a long time had no choice but to file. This crap lives on the Internet forever. We no longer live in a civil society in my opinion.

Art

In a hundred years, people will dig up your old interviews with people like Malachi Martin, Matthew Alper, Michio Kaku, etc. and, for various reasons, still listen in the same way that people still subscribe to Roku channels and listen to radio from the 40's and 50's because it was compelling. Compelling is compelling and nostalgia is powerful.

Historians will also look at people like Limbaugh or Hannity to get a pulse for how things were politically in this age, but that will grow less and less important as time goes on. Savage on the other hand has been nothing but inconsistent ideologically across his life and relies on a kind of sensationalism to keep interest. That is a short-lived model. In 30 years no one will remember who he was.

Yes, things live on the internet forever, generally, but you still need people that give a shit and Savage's audience won't when he's gone.   

starrmtn001

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on February 07, 2017, 10:55:08 PM
I want this. Make it so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxgMhHOaUSY

Wow!  I got goosebumps watching this.  Excellent find SciFi!!! ;D

starrmtn001

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on February 07, 2017, 11:11:57 PM
In a hundred years, people will dig up your old interviews with people like Malachi Martin, Matthew Alper, Michio Kaku, etc. and, for various reasons, still listen in the same way that people still subscribe to Roku channels and listen to radio from the 40's and 50's because it was compelling. Compelling is compelling and nostalgia is powerful.

Historians will also look at people like Limbaugh or Hannity to get a pulse for how things were politically in this age, but that will grow less and less important as time goes on. Savage on the other hand has been nothing but inconsistent ideologically across his life and relies on a kind of sensationalism to keep interest. That is a short-lived model. In 30 years no one will remember who he was.

Yes, things live on the internet forever, generally, but you still need people that give a shit and Savage's audience won't when he's gone.
Savage? Who's Savage? ::) ;D

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on February 07, 2017, 11:27:43 PM
Wow!  I got goosebumps watching this.  Excellent find SciFi!!! ;D

Isn't it great? I totally nerded out when I found that one lol.

starrmtn001

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on February 07, 2017, 11:29:59 PM
Isn't it great? I totally nerded out when I found that one lol.
Yes!  Even the landing was awesome.

Art Bell

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on February 07, 2017, 11:11:57 PM

Thank you for the kind words and I pray you are right. I am truly sick in my heart over all the Years of trash my Family has endured because of my Career, Savage being just the latest. I understand coming after me, at least when I was a active Public figure but this came after I have been off air for over a Year, why? Just pure mean spirit? Just sick of it all.

Art

Ciardelo

Quote from: Art Bell on February 07, 2017, 11:34:28 PM
Thank you for the kind words and I pray you are right. I am truly sick in my heart over all the Years of trash my Family has endured because of my Career, Savage being just the latest. I understand coming after me, at least when I was a active Public figure but this came after I have been off air for over a Year, why? Just pure mean spirit? Just sick of it all.

Art

We'll always have Falkie, Art.

Quote from: Art Bell on February 07, 2017, 10:54:59 PM
... It is depressing to me that I have to go after Savage for what he said, but saying that about my Wife on a National show was just over the top, I never had any dealings with the Man, good or bad so it just came out of the blue. This has been under way for some time, we first gave him a chance to just retract what he said and after a long time had no choice but to file. This crap lives on the Internet forever. We no longer live in a civil society in my opinion.

Art

Oh, most of us had a good laugh, thanks for pointing it out on your FaceBook page.

You'd file a frivolous lawsuit over that, but didn't try to get the ''two year non-compete'' overturned.  Curious.

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 07, 2017, 11:38:19 PM
Oh, most of us had a good laugh, thanks for pointing it out on your FaceBook page.

You'd file a frivolous lawsuit over that, but didn't try to get the ''two year non-compete'' overturned.  Curious.

Indeed.

Luka Megurine

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 07, 2017, 11:38:19 PM

I called Sirius and complained about that non-compete and shitposted allover facebook to get out of it also... what a waste of time that was, shitposting on bellgab is much more fun!

starrmtn001

Quote from: Art Bell on February 07, 2017, 11:34:28 PM

Art

You will always have the prayers and support from those of us who have never turned our backs on you, Art.

I do hope you come back, from time to time, just to touch bases with your fans and friends.  You will always be the #1 host of the airwaves.  Bar none. ;)

gabrielle

Art, I can't explain it but I have noticed that hatred abounds these days.  I wonder if it stems from the fact that we are undergoing a post industrial revolution of sorts.  People are unsettled, angry, and afraid.  Hence, they lash out at public figures like yourself.  It is a sign of the times. 

Please visit more often....we are not all trolls and haters. 

starrmtn001

Quote from: gabrielle on February 07, 2017, 11:50:40 PM
Art, I can't explain it but I have noticed that hatred abounds these days.  I wonder if it stems from the fact that we are undergoing a post industrial revolution of sorts.  People are unsettled, angry, and afraid.  Hence, they lash out at public figures like yourself.  It is a sign of the times. 

Please visit more often....we are not all trolls and haters.
+1!

Hi, Gabby! ;D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Art Bell on February 07, 2017, 08:43:22 PM
Good Evening from Pahrump. Thought I would stop in as I do every now and then and say hi. All is well in the Kingdom of Nye. How are things going here?

Art

how's airyn holding up?

jazmunda

Would love you to do a show on What's Going On At Fukushima?

An update on the Mega Structure would be cool too.

For some good old fashion Art Bell how about a show on this: Hundreds Of Earthworks Found In Amazon Rainforest Reveal Ancient Human Activity or A Long-Lost Dark Age Kingdom Has Been Rediscovered In Scotland

How about Huge Mysterious Structures Spotted on Venus - Not Mars so no need for RCH involvement. ;)

Would be interesting to hear your take on all All The Science That Donald Trump Denies :P

Oh and something about Aliens and some UFOs would be cool too. Don't forget Bigfoot and a chupacabra for those on the other side of the wall.

The world needs you Art. BellGab needs you. Hell jaz needs you.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: iluka on February 07, 2017, 10:33:37 PM
First time poster. Long time listener.

Hi Mr. Bell. Would love to hear you back on the air sometime. Ignore the haters.

luka
hi, there.  this forum was awarded as having "the internet's best hand massage."  glad to have you, and post often!

gabrielle

Quote from: 💩 on February 07, 2017, 11:53:30 PM
[/b]

For some good old fashion Art Bell how about a show on this: Hundreds Of Earthworks Found In Amazon Rainforest Reveal Ancient Human Activity or A Long-Lost Dark Age Kingdom Has Been Rediscovered In Scotland

How about Huge Mysterious Structures Spotted on Venus - Not Mars so no need for RCH involvement. ;)

Would be interesting to hear your take on all All The Science That Donald Trump Denies :P

Oh and something about Aliens and some UFOs would be cool too. Don't forget Bigfoot and a chupacabra for those on the other side of the wall.

Indeed....!!!!     In this age of "alternative facts"...and fake news....we need you more than ever Art.

Quote from: 💩 on February 07, 2017, 11:53:30 PM

Vincent needs him, too.

ItsOver

Crap.  Almost time for The Other One. ::)

akwilly

Quote from: JesusJuice💯👌👏 on February 07, 2017, 09:55:22 PM

I'm not sure if you're aware of this but there is a banned Bellgab user who goes by the name theONE who regularly slanders you by accusing you of murdering your third wife Ramona on the /x/ -paranormal board- on 4chan.  Perhaps you should look into some legal action against him.
This seems very sensible. I would buy a pay per view of the court proceedings. Perhaps Pepe would be called as a witness lol

Ciardelo

Quote from: ItsOver on February 08, 2017, 12:04:09 AM
Crap.  Almost time for The Other One. ::)

I always wonder why Art Bell wants to post when MITD is on...weird...is he trying to distract us from Heather Wade's show?

Luka Megurine

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 08, 2017, 12:09:20 AM
I always wonder why Art Bell wants to post when MITD is on...weird...is he trying to distract us from Heather Wade's show?

Dude, no one listens to that anyways

jazmunda

Quote from: gabrielle on February 08, 2017, 12:02:41 AM

Indeed....!!!!     In this age of "alternative facts"...and fake news....we need you more than ever Art.

It could be argued that all the classic topics that we know and love from the C2CAM days were/are fake news but who the fuck cares. It was great radio. Give me a hot tub time machine and take me back.

gabrielle

Quote from: 💩 on February 08, 2017, 12:13:09 AM
It could be argued that all the classic topics that we know and love from the C2CAM days were/are fake news but who the fuck cares. It was great radio. Give me a hot tub time machine and take me back.

Yes, but ....when Art spoke to the audience as ART......on topics of the day.....there was always a ring of truth... and we all knew it.   I was always able to differentiate between the BS being put forth by the various guests and Art when Art was being himself. 

Those were the days my friend....and I agree that in any case it was great radio.  No one has come even close to Art.