• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Home projects/renovations you don't dare do yourself

Started by ksm32, December 18, 2017, 11:48:34 PM

ksm32

I own my own little flooring company so I'm well covered in that department. I can also paint very well, build a very nice fence in any length as well as a pretty nice deck. I'm good enough at all those things to be paid for them. I should also include that I can frame and erect a wall but that is it. Drywall stops me cold and I certainly cannot tape and mud it.

When it comes to plumbing or electrical work? I'm screwed and have no option but to call in a professional to do it. I can install a ceiling light fixture (positive to positive, negative to negative) but I still feel worried about it when I'm done. Bad electrical work can burn your life down! And plumbing is just damned frustrating. I can install a basic sink or toilet but again, it's iffy.

Whatta you do well? Well enough to look at it and say "that, is a quality job" even though you did it! It's a good feeling.  But surely you can't do it all, can you?

Swishypants

I'm pretty good at masturbation, dumping trash on county roads, and hiding lawn clippings at the bottom of the recycling bin.

Gd5150

Quote from: Swishypants on December 18, 2017, 11:57:52 PM
I'm pretty good at masturbation, dumping trash on county roads, and hiding lawn clippings at the bottom of the recycling bin.
😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

https://youtu.be/DGSQG-J9J_o

Swishypants

Quote from: Gd5150 on December 19, 2017, 01:09:54 AM
😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

https://youtu.be/DGSQG-J9J_o

FUCK THE COMMIES! I'm not working for free for the Garbage Company! Fuck the Earth! That bitch can take it! :)

Swishypants

My taxes pay for the Garbage Dump! 50 Dollars one day? FUCK YOU! Pay a crew to clean this shit up 3 roads over BITCH! I'm a Jobs Builder!

Swishypants

Nobody asked ME if I wanted to recycle! I damn well DO NOT! It's green for GRASS CLIPPINGS MOTHERFUCKERS! *sprinkle some beer cans on top*

Started that hippie bullshit in '92. 25 Years and NOT FUCKING ONCE! Grand Champeen hold-out over here! I get TWO trashcans, because I am better than everyone else!

WhiteCrow

Quote from: ksm32 on December 18, 2017, 11:48:34 PM
I own my own little flooring company so I'm well covered in that department. I can also paint very well, build a very nice fence in any length as well as a pretty nice deck. I'm good enough at all those things to be paid for them. I should also include that I can frame and erect a wall but that is it. Drywall stops me cold and I certainly cannot tape and mud it.

When it comes to plumbing or electrical work? I'm screwed and have no option but to call in a professional to do it. I can install a ceiling light fixture (positive to positive, negative to negative) but I still feel worried about it when I'm done. Bad electrical work can burn your life down! And plumbing is just damned frustrating. I can install a basic sink or toilet but again, it's iffy.

Whatta you do well? Well enough to look at it and say "that, is a quality job" even though you did it! It's a good feeling.  But surely you can't do it all, can you?

I can do it all and have, except installing the main circuit breaker box, HVAC,  cement and other hard surfaces and framing. LOL I now pay others to do it and complain about the quality of their workmanship.

Currently we are investigating building "White Crow's Tiny Towne"

https://youtu.be/n0xTo-P9Ang

Swishypants

And my lawn? FUCKING BEAUTIFUL! I use ALL the CHEMICALS!

ksm32

Lol. Buncha idiots can't take anything seriously.

With the exception of Mr. Crow... perhaps.

cweb

I'm horrible with most aspects that involve actually building things. And drywall, as well. But I'm fairly decent at outlets and plumbing pipe. I can also do some basic appliance repair (stove, furnace, dryer) mostly because I've helped fix greenhouse heaters since I was a wee lad- and those share a lot of similarities to other gas appliances. Networking skills are decent too.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: ksm32 on December 19, 2017, 02:08:32 AM
Lol. Buncha idiots can't take anything seriously.

With the exception of Mr. Crow... perhaps.

Understand... a bunch of wise guys with witty one liners.

https://youtu.be/mkoPq5AOCOA

Dr. MD MD

I can criticize your work from the sidelines and generally slow your progress while I have a couple drinks. :)

ksm32

Quote from: WhiteCrow on December 19, 2017, 07:03:11 AM

Understand... a bunch of wise guys with witty one liners.

Oh stop it. you know damn well there hasn't been anything witty in this place for years. The law of diminishing returns.

GravitySucks

My last project that actually got completed was installing the service entrance for electrical in my metal building up in the woods. I had to buy a book to make sure I understood all the codes for wiring. Bought everything I needed from the exterior mast, meter can, breaker box, service wiring and 110 and 220 interior wiring. 200 amp service. It took a weekend, but passed inspection the first time.

It proved to me that noone understands why AC works. They just know how to keep it from not working.

I put in GFCI Breakers and surge protectors inside of the breaker box. It probably cost a bit more but made it a lot easier in planning out all the circuits.