• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131028 - Jason Martell - The Lost Cycle of Time

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 28, 2013, 05:51:56 PM

Lioness

Quote from: Job on October 28, 2013, 08:56:16 PM
I thought someone else--not Keith--ran the "Art's Parts" site.  Why did he do  a separate site?

It's run by CafePress.

Quote from: Étouffée on October 28, 2013, 08:52:52 PM
Hello, dark matterers...I have apple cider and cinnamon sticks; what is good to mix with it if I don't have white lightening?

Also, have any of youse lost your avatars?  My angry red crawdad is gone!  and the upload avatar feature from forum profile is greyed out.  Is this George's fault?

Get some rum or rye in there

Quote from: Agent : Orange on October 28, 2013, 08:59:03 PM
Get some rum or rye in there

Thank you, AO.  Rye?  Wait, I have to put my Frankie Laine "He'll Bent For Leather" LP on the turntable!

eddie dean

Quote from: lonevoice on October 28, 2013, 08:47:50 PM
I hope they will.  It seems, from what Paul said, Sirius is working hard to get the problems fixed, but they need to know specifically what's happening.

Sirius has been streaming for a couple years now, right? So I'm guessing the issue has something to do with the number of people streaming the show is much larger than Sirius anticipated.

Headline: Bell fans crash sirius

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on October 28, 2013, 09:07:50 PM
Sirius has been streaming for a couple years now, right? So I'm guessing the issue has something to do with the number of people streaming the show is much larger than Sirius anticipated.

I've been suggesting that this is the root of the problem. I have never had the issues listening to any other program on Sirius including listening to Stern.

Quote from: Étouffée on October 28, 2013, 09:03:58 PM
Thank you, AO.  Rye?  Wait, I have to put my Frankie Laine "He'll Bent For Leather" LP on the turntable!

Canadian Club ;)

sampson2625

Is the gabcast up yet? who are the guests this week? lol :P

Job

Your hypothesis is great news for the show.   I don't have a real radio so all my problems have been iPad, iPhone, and PC-related.   It just cut out by the way...

jrd30337

So I deleted the app and downloaded it and there is streaming live. Still very touchy if I try to go back and catch up.
Tried calling Sirius and after 4 transfers got put on an endless hold loop. GRRRRRR.

steelbot

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 28, 2013, 09:14:44 PM
my stream has been OK tonight
....well NOT NOW! --first rule of Sirius Problems, Don't TALK ABOUT SERIOUS PROBLEMS!

So, I need some Rye whiskey and cowboy songs.  And I need my crawdad back!

I think Art knows that his guest is dull tonight.

SaucyRossy

So, tonight is the first night that I am having MAJOR stream dropping issues.

I've tried the stream on multiple devices (iPhone, iPad, imac, and a windows PC), I've tested my network and my wifi has no issues whatsoever. Besides the imac is hooked up through Ethernet.

I even went so far to turn 4g on the iPad and iPhone and use that and it still dropped. So it's definitely not my internet connection. 

So yeah, it's been pretty frustrating having art just about to say something and it just cut off with no error message. I've barely been able to follow along with the guest since it's dropped over ten times now.

I might just call it a night and download the show tomorrow.

Also, Before it's suggested, I already emailed Paul.

Quote from: steelbot on October 28, 2013, 09:15:55 PM
....well NOT NOW! --first rule of Sirius Problems, Don't TALK ABOUT SERIOUS PROBLEMS!

jazmunda

Quote from: dortmunder on October 28, 2013, 09:18:05 PM
We're "Dark Riders", thank you very much!

It's only a matter of time before George starts calling his audience "Coast Riders".

wenck

I'm listening on the Internet stream on a Mac and all has been fine, so far!

coaster

I have acquired a Sirius account, but am too inebriated busy to listen right now. I hope it is a good show as I plan on listening to the replay.

jazmunda

Quote from: wenck on October 28, 2013, 09:22:40 PM
I'm listening on the Internet stream on a Mac and all has been, so far!

I'm listening through the app on my iPhone over Wifi and it's working fine.

Earlier I was listening through the app whilst driving on 4G and it too was working fine.

wenck

Quote from: jazmunda on October 28, 2013, 09:24:12 PM
I'm listening through the app on my iPhone over Wifi and it's working fine.

Earlier I was listening through the app whilst driving on 4G and it too was working fine.

You know, just as I say that, it starts getting a little choppy, but no full-on drop outs.

dan7800

I'd guess it has nothing to do with Art. With the number of channels Sirius has, even if Art has 4x the audience of a typical channel, this is just a dent in things. Sirius is probably just cheaping out on things (and it has been like this for years.)

Just a guess on my part.