• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Les Nessman of Late Night

Started by Lunger, May 16, 2009, 07:20:41 PM

Lunger

I swear to God that Noory once pronounced ?Rodriguez?,  rod?RE??qwez.

The biggest problem with George is that he has no depth whatsoever. 

His ?interviews? don?t get much more challenging that an average 2th grader?s  inquisition. 

The problem is that George doesn?t seem to have any real knowledge, of anything, at all.  I believe that that fact shines through by the sophomoric questions he asks. 

This also holds true for his responses:  ?I Love It!?  and the ever popular ?That?so weird!?

One of the best examples of this I can think of happened just the other night with Zecharia Sitchin.  Here Noory has the grandfather of UFOlogy on for an interview and George digs down deep into his soul to ask  ?How old are you?? 
Just incredible!

CTC has gone way downhill since the departure of Art for the third time ( fourth time?).  Art had his problems and was certainly a drama queen, but he had a certain charm and could get to the heart of the matter with little prompting. 

I like George Knapp, and even Ian.

George Noory on the other hand?.
How many non sequiturs can he produce in one night?
How many words will he pronounce incorrectly?
How many words will he use incorrectly?

(It would be a good drinking game except everyone would get so wasted so quickly.)

How many times will a guest ask if George is familiar with (something), George will say, ?Oh yeah.  Sure!?  When everyone listening knows damn well that George has no freaking idea what the guest is talking about.

George just doesn?t pay attention! 
A guest will go on and on for several minutes about what he had to do to get where he was today.  The very next question from George?s mouth, ?How did you get your start??

Obviously, he reads his opening monologue cold.  If he would only take 5 minutes before the show to rehearse the script, maybe, just maybe, he would get through the entire thing with any mispronunciations or line flubs.

I about dropped a load when I heard him say that he does 8 hours of show prep before every show.

I always feel so embarrased for Noory when he tries to draw a comparrison to a movie.  Movies aren?t real George.  You loose all creadibility whenever you try to equate real life with fantasy.

Noory sems to be about as bright as the open line calls to the show.  Those people seem to be drooling morons.

KLuWolF

Oh so true these things. I once thought that entertainment of this sort had some sort of value, if only for jokular effect. After awhile I came to understand the true seriousness in the guests' conviction to their beliefs.  Then there is the interviewer, whether it be George, Art, Ian, etc. they are trained professionals and will ALWAYS lead their guests down the path to what is good for showbiz. George is a mere mortal like the rest of us, rarely ever expresses his true opinion of the guest or their lunacy. He is very good at promoting the dark side of their souls and leading everyone to think each guest is bang-on and the world is going to end tomorrow, or in December 2012, or next week by the aliens who break through our starforce army, secretly developed in underground labs by scientists on the run from man eating giants who live in caves nearby on remote islands *gasp*.

The other day, while listening, I believe Jeff Danelek was the guest, talking at the time about how ghosts may not want to go into the light and thus hang out on this earthly plain. GN makes a reference to the movie Poltergeist and adds how he didn't understand why the little old lady was saying NOT to go into the light when it should be a good thing for them. Shocking to say the least, because my take on the whole movie was all about saving a little girl from a demon who wanted to go to heaven and needed the little girl to take him accross the barrier and into the light. Where I imagine the little girl would be lost to her parents. The little old lady was trying to save a little girl! I would hate to think that GN was cheering for the demon? But then again, after exploring the dark side of his guests so often ... comtemplating the destruction of the planet for a good show... is it all about stupidity or calculated for ratings.

So here I am, hopefully each weekend now, to reply, post or otherwise make known my wisdom on the paranormal, none of which agrees with GN on a very regular basis. I can't wait to tackle the aliens who manipulate stars to pulse secret messages about a cosmic wave of total destruction. One sec. I dropped my pills ..... argh! Gott'em! now where's that water, oh ya *gulp* .. ahhh! So where was I?

Time for work, to feed those hungry little mouths that make up my little bags of mostly water that consume so much solid nutrition 3 times a day. There be monsters in my house, but I love them so much. What was that number again for On Top of Ol'Smokey ?!#@%$

Cheers.

Frys Girl

These are great posts. Thanks for contributing. With each week, and my streamlink account, I am seeing new lows for George. Just when you think "Naah, how could he stoop ANY lower?", HE DOES. It's a damn shame.

I thoroughly enjoyed Art last night. Thank goodness for him. I hope he comes back. I don't care what anyone says. He's still the best. The only other person I like besides him is John Batchelor who is only on KFI AM in Los Angeles. Not sure why the hell he ended up there. He's also really mysterious and good at doing the "tone creepy" voice that makes you hang on for the next sentence no matter what. He's a bit of a neo-con worshipper, but I like his voice anyway.

xpmark12

Here is one of the more despicable things Lord Snoordon,U.K. does.A guest with real expertise in physics will make a highly complex explanation that only someone of that caliber could come up with.Snoordon replies, "right". ha ha ha ha.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: Frys Girl on May 18, 2009, 08:58:20 AM
These are great posts. Thanks for contributing. With each week, and my streamlink account, I am seeing new lows for George. Just when you think "Naah, how could he stoop ANY lower?", HE DOES. It's a damn shame.

I thoroughly enjoyed Art last night. Thank goodness for him. I hope he comes back. I don't care what anyone says. He's still the best. The only other person I like besides him is John Batchelor who is only on KFI AM in Los Angeles. Not sure why the hell he ended up there. He's also really mysterious and good at doing the "tone creepy" voice that makes you hang on for the next sentence no matter what. He's a bit of a neo-con worshipper, but I like his voice anyway.
I agree Art did the creepy tone and actually had a running conversation for two hours with a guest, the last hour was phone calls.  That running conversation was veeeerrrr creeeepppy.  That was a new and unfamiilar tangent for the show to digress on.  Do not fear mere mortals, the moron returns tonite and we can once more return to preschool and flash card questions.   I think Premiere should send both Tom and George out for recess and lock the studio doors behind them.  Please, please. please, please and. . ..return Coast to its prior status. 

Frys Girl

I saw a youtube video of Tom once. He takes himself VERY seriously.

Lunger

Quote from: Frys Girl on May 18, 2009, 04:43:30 PM
I saw a youtube video of Tom once. He takes himself VERY seriously.

The way George talks about Tom I have always wondered what's up with that. 

I think that it is Tom who is constantly correcting George, and coming up with answers for him throughout the night. (through a fast-blast?)  Whoever it is, someone's well-beaning is tied to George's and that someone works very hard to try to limit the ass Noory makes of himself every night.

EvB

I think that it is Tom who is constantly correcting George, and coming up with answers for him throughout the night. (through a fast-blast?)  Whoever it is, someone's well-beaning is tied to George's and that someone works very hard to try to limit the ass Noory makes of himself every night.

Well, in all fairness, that is a big part of the producer's job.  But yeah - they don't have to look so clumsy about it.

KLuWolF

I have no doubt that someone (or something) is directing the show but only in a minor way through fast blast. I'm pretty sure the minature computer chip the government planted in his right ear is monitoring the tiny alien implant in his left frontal lobe which communicates to the demon spirits planning to open a portal to hell and take the souls of all living things on this planet to the Andromeda galaxy for anal probes and further testing to determine if they are compatible with the genetic fingerprint of saliva coming from his mouth as he drools over all the advertising dollars he rakes in everynight from naive listeners who have nothing better to do than wait for their chance to phone in for that singular moment of praise on how great the lack of skepticism is tonight.

Wait a minute... I think there was a problem with the part about opening a portal to hell using aliens. A problem with something a guest says on the show? Not ever while George is hosting, everything is written on stone tablets as if it were direct from god himself. The Uber Believer in all things strange and stoopid. Makes for great comedy tho! Damn, I think I left my meds at work again... those voices keep bothering me and telling me about real life.

EvB

QuoteI'm pretty sure the minature computer chip the government planted in his right ear is monitoring the tiny alien implant in his left frontal lobe which communicates to the demon spirits planning to open a portal to hell and take the souls of all living things on this planet to the Andromeda galaxy for anal probes and further testing to determine if they are compatible with the genetic fingerprint of saliva coming from his mouth as he drools over all the advertising dollars he rakes in everynight from naive listeners who have nothing better to do than wait for their chance to phone in for that singular moment of praise on how great the lack of skepticism is tonight.

MMMwwahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaa!