• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things that bring me joy....

Started by West of the Rockies, July 19, 2013, 03:21:12 PM

Quote from: JesusJuice on September 26, 2016, 11:39:47 PM
Tarmarins

I'm a big fan of tamarins! Most monkeys, and all chimps, give me the heebie jeebies because they could potentially flip out at any time and rip your face off, but tamarins are the one exception. They look like benign, sagacious repositories of esoteric wisdom who could teach a person many useful things during a lazy afternoon on the veranda while sharing some good liquor and various other refreshments.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 27, 2016, 12:36:25 AM
I'm a big fan of tamarins! Most monkeys, and all chimps, give me the heebie jeebies because they could potentially flip out at any time and rip your face off, but tamarins are the one exception. They look like benign, sagacious repositories of esoteric wisdom who could teach a person many useful things during a lazy afternoon on the veranda while sharing some good liquor and various other refreshments.

Caution is strongly advised.  This is a very dangerous and potentially damaging topic to discuss.

We must - I repeat - we must not inadvertently get George Lucas ramped up on Ewoks again.  One look at a tamarin could be enough to initiate a critical situation.

Enough lives have been destroyed.

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 27, 2016, 03:33:26 AM
Caution is strongly advised.  This is a very dangerous and potentially damaging topic to discuss.

We must - I repeat - we must not inadvertently get George Lucas ramped up on Ewoks again.  One look at a tamarin could be enough to initiate a critical situation.

Enough lives have been destroyed.
I couldn't agree more.  The last thing we need is for Lucas to wreak havoc once again.

Rix Gins

Knowing that Opportunity rover is still driving along up there on Mars.  (For twelve years now.)  And still taking pix too.

(Courtesy NASA/JPL-Caltech.)

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 22, 2016, 10:54:00 PM
Cubs going to the World Series

Amen! And if there's an afterlife where Steve Goodman is watching, this one's for him. Cheers!

https://youtu.be/7xBxZGQ1dJk

Wasting the time of phone scam artists until they get so frustrated they hang up on me. I've recently been getting those calls about how my Windows system is sending error messages to Microsoft and they need all my security info to fix the problem. Since I don't use Windows, they're obviously fibbing so I return the favor by pretending I can't hear them and making them repeat everything at least twice, putting them on hold for several minutes at a time, and asking irrelevant questions until they can't take it any more. Yesterday, I got a call from "Rachel" who sounded like she could have been from China. After subjecting her to the routine, I got her to hang up in a hurry when I asked her what she was wearing. It was a spur of the moment inspiration, and since it worked so well, I'm going to use it and other obscene phone call cliches to disconcert men and women scammers alike from now on because that's the last thing they expect to hear. They're fair game for anything as far as I'm concerned.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 05, 2017, 11:53:59 AM
Wasting the time of phone scam artists until they get so frustrated they hang up on me. I've recently been getting those calls about how my Windows system is sending error messages to Microsoft and they need all my security info to fix the problem. Since I don't use Windows, they're obviously fibbing so I return the favor by pretending I can't hear them and making them repeat everything at least twice, putting them on hold for several minutes at a time, and asking irrelevant questions until they can't take it any more. Yesterday, I got a call from "Rachel" who sounded like she could have been from China. After subjecting her to the routine, I got her to hang up in a hurry when I asked her what she was wearing. It was a spur of the moment inspiration, and since it worked so well, I'm going to use it and other obscene phone call cliches to disconcert men and women scammers alike from now on because that's the last thing they expect to hear. They're fair game for anything as far as I'm concerned.

Will you be using any of the phone sex idioms we used to use when we respected each other?

I love getting the calls from 'Windows', they're such fun to mess with.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 05, 2017, 12:08:20 PM
Will you be using any of the phone sex idioms we used to use when we respected each other?

Only the ones that made you cry.

I also intend to ask any future scammers if they'd like to play "Dunk the Hobnob," so thanks for bringing that one to my attention yesterday. It's about time you had something useful to offer.

I was beginning to wonder if all the joy around here had been replaced by schadenfreude, smug satisfaction, and cheap laughs of all kinds. Those can be fun for awhile, but they're no substitute for pure joy and tend to lose their luster eventually.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 16, 2017, 04:12:12 PM
I was beginning to wonder if all the joy around here had been replaced by schadenfreude, smug satisfaction, and cheap laughs of all kinds. Those can be fun for awhile, but they're no substitute for pure joy and tend to lose their luster eventually.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 16, 2017, 01:09:43 PM
I just received my official laminated MST3k Revival Original Backer Card, too.  It pleases me out of all proportion. 

I love how, out of what must be a highly refined sense of privacy and/or paranoia, you blacked-out the last 3 digits of your place on a 48,270 member roster.

Anyway, I share your joy (and took the hint; thanks)

Circulate the tapes!

Quote from: Étouffée on January 17, 2017, 02:00:46 PM
I just received my official laminated MST3k Revival Original Backer Card, too.  It pleases me out of all proportion. 

I love how, out of what must be a highly refined sense of privacy and/or paranoia, you blacked-out the last 3 digits of your place on a 48,270 member roster.

Anyway, I share your joy (and took the hint; thanks)

Circulate the tapes!

Cheers, Crawdad! You're right about why I covered the number, because I read that in the not too distant future the names and numbers of members are going to be listed on a section of the MST3K site. I like your choice of concealment!

BTW, do you know where to go to download the certificate? I want to frame it and hang it next to my official membership in the Juul Haalmeyer Dancers I got for contributing to a documentary project about him. Unfortunately, it looks like that may never get finished, but it was worth it for JHD membership!

Robin being consumed by a giant clam.

Not taking a shit all weekend, then stuffing up the toilet at work on Monday

BobGrau

Dunno if it's joy exactly, but the fact that Eddie Coyle is still 6th most online ever just tickles me pink.

Living in the Midwest and being able to spend an afternoon in February soaking up sun and enjoying a bottle of wine and some snacks with a couple of pals. :D