• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150803 - Stephen Bassett/Merrill Cook - Disclosure - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 03, 2015, 09:51:56 PM

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on August 04, 2015, 12:55:25 AM
@TheRealElvira on twitter. Just sent a request for her to do it. Please join in. I LOVE Cassandra! She is funny and would make a good guest.

I agree with having Elvira on. That would be fun as hell. I'll join in.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Dr Who on August 04, 2015, 12:48:12 AM
Well I'm proud to say I was the first Irish caller on the first open lines.

You old enough to have gone to "CeltWorld" in Tramore back in the day?

trostol

Fun show tonight, I probably enjoyed it more than if Art had guests.

CoherentBlast

Every night there needs to be one caller to remind Art that a 4th hour would really hit the spot  :'(

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 04, 2015, 12:54:50 AM
*laughs*  I could tell you stories about how that shit happens that would blow your mind.

Of that, I have no doubt  :)

Aww, I wasn't able to get on Open Lines.  Oh well, I'll save the sleep paralysis story for next time.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: VoteQuimby on August 04, 2015, 12:55:39 AM
......Go on?

Look up the DoD 5000 series of acquistion regs to get "how" we do things.  I've told stories here before, will do so again when individual incidents from my past coincide with a specific topic.

Weirdoradio

Quote from: Dixon Bawls on August 04, 2015, 12:02:43 AM
Wasn't it supposed to be "children of time travelers"?

It was. Ah well. I tried.

The interesting thing is that When i was on hold during a break Art took a call from someone and he was mad at the guests for not calling in on time.

I contacted Stephen Bassett and he told me that he and Art's new producer couldn't figure out how to connect the SKYPE until 7 minutes after the show started and Art doesn't play that game with guests not being ready when the show is supposed to go on the air. OPEN LINES !

Art Bell

That is such Bullshit, I started calling Bassett 10 Minutes before the Hour and kept calling. He had been checked out on Skype and it was working fine earlier, but he did not answer, more then that I called his Emergency back up number prior till the top of the hour and got voicemail twice as did Heather. By the time it was 20 minutes after the hour I gave up and went to open lines. My opinion, and that's all it is because I can not know where he was, is that nobody was there or if he was there he was not paying attention. His Skype showed away. There is not much a Talk Host can do except go on with the show, which I did.

Art

P.S. I thought it was a great show and FUN!

norland2424

Quote from: Art Bell on August 04, 2015, 03:13:17 AM
That is such Bullshit, I started calling Bassett 10 Minutes before the Hour and kept calling. He had been checked out on Skype and it was working fine earlier, but he did not answer, more then that I called his Emergency back up number prior till the top of the hour and got voicemail twice as did Heather. By the time it was 20 minutes after the hour I gave up and went to open lines. My opinion, and that's all it is because I can not know where he was, is that nobody was there or if he was there he was not paying attention. His Skype showed away. There is not much a Talk Host can do except go on with the show, which I did.

Art

it was a great show Art, no one else could have pulled off  a good show after a  guest bailing like you can!!

Art

I've never heard you curse. You showed why you are the master of late night talk radio. You adapted on the fly and did a great open lines. You also may have a neat bizarro guest in the time traveling guy with the future martian son. Your entire career has proved talk radio doesn't have to be the same old political garbage and can be fun. You continue to prove this with new shows that are better than your original program. We love ya and thanks for taking my call. Watch Pontypool! Roswells as always. (I think this shows how afraid other programs are of you!)

nbirnes

Quote from: maren on August 04, 2015, 01:09:53 AM
Did BellaHaven die on anybody else?  Maybe it's me.

Nope. We lost our power twice -- lots of lightning and thunder. There's about 18 or so minutes missing, but we came back and went until 5 a.m. here in the East.

Also, our little chat was down for most of the time, but for future reference, you can now go to www.bella-haven.com for links to tonight's show and tomorrow's chat and show and much much more!

LadyFish

I agree, it was a great show and so much fun! Hopefully we will be able to hear from a Martian from the future!

Thanks so much for sharing your shadow person experience. Just in case they aren't friendly, keep your firearms handy.

lonevoice

Can you imagine what Dave would have done if this happened to him?  He would have panicked and thrown on a replay, or maybe called Lionel Fanthorpe to bail him out...again.

Tonight's show was tremendous fun!