• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

This place is literally exploding in popularity.
I cannot keep up..

serenity

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 21, 2015, 03:26:17 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. I loved hearing that Rose lady call in last night, that was classic and Art was in full form for the Hancock interview. I'm also a big fan of the new paranormal news segment at the bottom of the hour. Out of nowhere head transplants and fossilized sperm news stories. Just thrilling, can't wait for tonight.

I will second that! As I warned my wife, last night was Art Bell night. I had DM going here in the Radio Shack. If I had to leave, I had a shortwave radio set up in the bathroom and my phone with me when my eyes didn't want to stay open any longer. Sorry though I missed both After Midnight and Bella-haven. Art, I can't add anything witty and original like I would like to do so I will just say......You were missed old friend, welcome back!

chefist

Quote from: HorrorReporter on July 21, 2015, 03:50:59 PM
This place is literally exploding in popularity.
I cannot keep up..

It is! What are you seeing out there Horror?

Neil

He's winding down folks...NOT!

Heather Wade

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 20, 2015, 04:53:06 PM
Its more than 5000 now.  I know this as a fact.  ;D

From who?  Where?  Link please. 

Firstborn

Welcome back Art, hope you enjoy this...

Quote from: Neil on July 21, 2015, 04:04:50 PM
He's winding down folks...NOT!

I think he'll wind down at 9pm.

starrmtn001

Quote from: pyewacket on July 21, 2015, 03:09:47 PM
Great show Art! Rose was adorable. Happy *sigh*  :)

The results are in - Talk Radio Duel Art Bell vs. George Noory

http://conspiria.net/talkduel/
Wow Pyewacket, awesome link.  Thank you.  I just posted it on gn's FB page, and c2c's page. ;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PING on July 21, 2015, 02:50:49 PM
Thanks sugar britches. Appreciate all the hard work you do

kiss!

pyewacket

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 21, 2015, 04:17:46 PM
Wow Pyewacket, awesome link.  Thank you.  I just posted it on gn's FB page, and c2c's page. ;)

You're so welcome, starrmtn. I suspect we'll be seeing more polls and blogs comparing the two shows; should be fun. Art's still got it!  ;)

Quote from: pyewacket on July 21, 2015, 03:09:47 PM
Great show Art! Rose was adorable. Happy *sigh*  :)

The results are in - Talk Radio Duel Art Bell vs. George Noory

http://conspiria.net/talkduel/

Is there any way to see how many participated in the vote?

chefist

Quote from: MV on July 21, 2015, 04:19:11 PM
kiss!
Stepping out on me! Damn dirty alley cat!

serenity

Anyone know when the weekly talk radio stats come out? Maybe with a link. And how was RCH ? I missed everything after midnight here.

Queen

The best part of going to work is when u got really nasty smelly gas and u rip ass next to the asshole u hate the most and have to work with lol

Wilderness

Quote from: serenity on July 21, 2015, 04:28:06 PM
And how was RCH ?

Listened to the first few minutes.. he was very unprepared. 

LOL -  from what else I heard, his guest could hardly get a word in edge ways...

I don't see his show lasting more than a week or so.

Freyja

Quote from: PING on July 21, 2015, 02:49:22 PM
Since Art's been doing radio longer than probably 98% of the members of this board have been alive, I'll defer to his judgement on guest selection. He doesn't have a corporate producer cramming guests down his throat, so this was his pick.

Faddis has been on with Jerry Doyle (another great interviewer) occasionally & comes across very knowledgeable. Good pick given the world situation & current events.

If Art's going for current events occasionally, his Craig Winn & Howard Bloom interviews were great. I liked that Art discussed aspects of Islam, but did it with class & respect.

Art has been asking for feedback and what listeners want to hear on MITD. If he wanted everyone to "defer to his judgement" would he be asking?...just saying.

I have been listening to Art since the early '90s and I want him to more than hit it out of the park this time.

My take is that he wants honest feedback...so let's give it to him as he has asked.

He can't learn or get a pulse on anything if all he is getting is adulation.

I don't have a problem with Art doing a show like this...my point merely was that I don't think it was a great choice for debut week for the reasons stated. 

Queen

Quote from: Wilderness on July 21, 2015, 04:46:47 PM

LOL -  from what else I heard, his guest could hardly get a word in edge ways...

If that jackass can have a show i see no reason why redacted couldnt have her own show i mean dave gets multi millions a d has no tallent. After 2 or 3 shows redacted could be a damn good hostest.

Herakles

Quote from: Wilderness on July 21, 2015, 04:46:47 PM

Yes, unfortunately it was a train wreck for at least the first 30 minutes. Technical issues and could not get the guest on etc. But I agree with what you said above, it came across as more unprepared than anything which I found surprising, especially considering the Pluto show went pretty well overall.  I like RCH but he is going to have to do much better than this. Although it has to be said that it was unintentionally hillarious at times! a shame the archived version is not uncut!

Queen

Quote from: NIN on July 21, 2015, 04:49:52 PM
If that jackass can have a show i see no reason why redacted couldnt have her own show i mean dave gets multi millions a d has no tallent. After 2 or 3 shows redacted could be a damn good hostest.

She can hit me if she wants i dont care im going to say it. Redacted does have a voice that if she wanted to she could be a a female howard stern and put him out of business if you know what i mean lol

(Ducks)

Lol

Quick Karl

Quote from: Art Bell on July 20, 2015, 02:13:13 AM
Ok, we learned a lot tonight, people do not want me to have a co-host, not Redacted's fault at all just people who don't like change. She really sounded awesome.

We also learned that massive Thunderstorms screw with Internet over the 9000 foot Mountain it comes over, sad thing is it might happen again tonight. Looking at options that might include a t1. Otherwise it was a blast. We will work out the kinks.

It was a test show.

Art

I have no problem, whatsoever, with the co-host idea, and I thought Redacted sounded awesome. You sure know how to pick-em, Art!  8)

My guess is that most of the negative feedback is nothing more than envy.

LadyFish

Quote from: Herakles on July 21, 2015, 04:51:17 PM
Yes, unfortunately it was a train wreck for at least the first 30 minutes. Technical issues and could not get the guest on etc. But I agree with what you said above, it came across as more unprepared than anything which I found surprising, especially considering the Pluto show went pretty well overall.  I like RCH but he is going to have to do much better than this. Although it has to be said that it was unintentionally hillarious at times! a shame the archived version is not uncut!

It was really hilarious- my husband & I were both laughing at the antics. That said, I did go ahead and subscribe during the show. I was pleasantly surprised to see all the Pluto shows included in the archives.

Art Bell

I want to thank everybody. I have been so busy it's just silly so if you don't see as many posts from me, that's why. We are still killing little bugs and it will get smoother as we go. Again from my Heart thank you all

Art

pyewacket

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 21, 2015, 04:23:18 PM
Is there any way to see how many participated in the vote?

Good question, GFP. The source appears to be from The Bruce Collins Show. Apparently he started this poll maybe in June and said it would run until July 20th. He has a small facebook page with 353 followers- so not a large segment, but they overwhelmingly like Art Bell. I wonder how many others there are out there- many small groups can add up! 

Catportal

Hey, I'm new here. Thank you, Art, for coming back to radio. I've been a fan since 1996. Feels like you never left.

I have a question: What kind of headset mic do you use? I'm thinking of starting a podcast, and your mic sounds great.

Anybody else have a suggestion? Should I go with USB, or a mixer mic? Trying to decide whether to go traditional setup or USB.

Thanks. I'm happy to finally come out of lurking and be a part of this awesome board.

/butkiss

;D 

Divine

Dave puts me to sleep!

DesertFox

Quote from: Art Bell on July 21, 2015, 05:09:02 PM
I want to thank everybody. I have been so busy it's just silly so if you don't see as many posts from me, that's why. We are still killing little bugs and it will get smoother as we go. Again from my Heart thank you all

Art

Art it was great!  You glided right back into your zone.  Rose was a great first caller--wasn't she?

aldousburbank

Art
Good show!

starrmtn001

Art
As always Art, it is indeed a pleasure. ;D

Catportal

Art

Oh Wow, you're here!

Hi, Art.

:)

nextgen.fm

Thank you Art!  So happy you're back ! The show sounds fantastic and I love the Dark Matter newscast!  So great to hear you laugh too !