• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Long live Art Bell!!

gdwarner

Quote from: NW Kro͞oˈsādər on July 19, 2015, 03:22:38 PM
I know Ill be producing horrible parts at work tomorrow. The lack of sleep will be strong for this young Jedi.

Try this one, NW Kro͞oˈsādər:

http://www.cheapandsleazy.net/cs_mocha.html

Skip to the part with the ice cream.

Fair warning -- when I was writing that article, I made one that wasn't very photogenic, so I drank it, made another, took the (better) picture, and drank that one as well.

That was on a Friday.

Around 2:00 a.m., I decided it was time to go to bed ... and I just laid there, stairing at the ceiling, then decided to watch one of the many video tapes I had at the time (I had three VCRs back then!).

I soon ran through everything I had, switched to reading books, working on the website, etc. ...

Long story just a bit more tedious, I didn't go to sleep until the following Monday afternoon.

Good luck!  ;D

Redwolf

Sounds incredible on my end!

Perfect stereo audio!  8)

The Ride begins...

ART BELL IS BACK!!!!!

...and a CCrane Radio AD to boot!! hahaha...the BEST!

Zenman

BELLACAST  tonight  STARTS RIGHT AFTER ART STOPS TALKING
http://bellahaven.paranormal.chat/
Or, for players and such:  http://50.7.71.219:7453/live.m3u

Hosts: nbirnes & RoseGirl

Possible Topics Include:
   THE NIGHT BEFORE ARTMAS
   MITD OPEN LINES TEST SHOW Discussion
   Pahrump Weather Report
   And more...!

Plus: CALL-INS: Gabbers, Gabblings & Civilians are all
Welcome to Call the Bella Line at: 215 488-7374

Come join the talk and fishbot slapping!

paladin1991

Just got in fm work.  Thought I had the stream for a moment, now nothing.  Is it over?

SciFiAuthor

Art, technical problems aside, you did it. You sounded freaking excellent otherwise. So did Redacted, she added to the experience without question. Better than Dark Matter as far as your sound goes. Hope you are able to get past the tech issues quickly, which I'm sure you will, and rest assured that as far as the broadcasting is concerned, you're just as good now as you were in the old days. Maybe better actually and the news segment rocked and so did Redacted. You knocked it out of the park as far as test show. Loved it. I'm pumped as hell.

GravitySucks

Keith,
Please turn the volume of the commercials down a few decibals, ESPECIALLY if you are going to replay the Circle one!  It is almost as annoying as that one from c2c that had a ringing phone. Totally kills the relaxing in bed, wondering who (Redacted) really is mood.

The woman screaming bloody murder ad has got to go. Relaxing, fun Art Bell bumper music to that.

Maybe KARS4KIDS?

ItsOver

Art sounded like he was in my living room.  I was listening on Dark Matter via the Tune-In app, hooked into my Denon stereo and was plagued with drop-outs, like others, but the sound quality was fantastic.

"The Chase" never sounded better. ;D  Hang in there, Art.  It will only get better.

Queen

I was thinking about this earlier. If their are glitches and such as we herd tonight maybe art is jumping the gun on starting tomorrow. A few test runs then promote the show. I do hoe it goes better tomorrow night. I doubt ill get to hear it live. I couldnt resist tonight tho.  I used about 300 mb of my 1 gig a month data on this lol.

It was great hearing art again. I just think redacted needs to do a few more shows and she will be great co host. I wasnt sure at first when I read arts idea for a co host but yeah im sure now. I think she just needs to chime in more and be more relaxed about asking questions or making a comment.

Test show overall was great. Just a few issues but that will get sorted out soon im sure.

Art as long as you stay with this i can assure you so will we!!  Glitches and all. We are just glade that ur back.

ItsOver

Oh, I listened to Knapp at the start tonight of C2C, too.  No mention of Art.

Quote from: NIN on July 20, 2015, 12:48:09 AM
maybe art is jumping the gun on starting tomorrow.

The 20th launch date was the focal point of the entire blitz, they can't push it back this late can they?

paladin1991

Quote from: ItsOver on July 20, 2015, 12:49:04 AM
Oh, I listened to Knapp at the start tonight of C2C, too.  No mention of Art.
YEah, that was kind of a bummer.  But The Knapster is a Professional.  He's accepting the 'kings' coin and gives them what they pay for.

ItsOver

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on July 20, 2015, 12:50:32 AM
The 20th launch date was the focal point of the entire blitz, they can't push it back this late can they?
I doubt it.  If the issues can't be completely resolved today, if I were Art, I'd just acknowledge them at the start tomorrow and say they're being worked to resolution ASAP. 

Crap happens but you have to keep pushing ahead.  Art sounded great and is more than worth a few growing pains. 

ItsOver

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 20, 2015, 01:01:27 AM
YEah, that was kind of a bummer.  But The Knapster is a Professional.  He's accepting the 'kings' coin and gives them what they pay for.
Yes, he's a pro.  I'm not surprised he didn't mention Art.  I also wouldn't be surprised if he was highly advised by the suits to dummy up.  Salute and carry on, unless you want to walk.

raistlin

Skype is notorious for being a piece of shit.  MV can relate to that with the gabcast. 

So while there were definitely streaming issues and drop offs were certainly related to that...

Make no mistake Skype sucks donkey balls and as long as Art continues taking calls from people on Skype there will always be quality issues.  There is no way of "fixing" that.

Engineer55

Most of the dropouts / fragmenting seemed to be coming from Art's studio to the internet. Most times the caller was still connected and communicating with Art - seems to me to indicate that Skype was not the total problem (at least this time).

raistlin

Quote from: Engineer55 on July 20, 2015, 01:11:00 AM
Most of the dropouts / fragmenting seemed to be coming from Art's studio to the internet. Most times the caller was still connected and communicating with Art - seems to me to indicate that Skype was not the total problem (at least this time).

Art couldn't hear the callers when they dropped off and the audio went out...he was hearing the same thing we were.

Catsmile

Once I got on the AAC Stream: http://live.darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com:80/darkmatter.aac using Winamp, smooth streaming.

Arts internet seemed to be dropping packets at the end of the show. Causing audio dropouts. Good test show everyone. Hear you tomorrow, Art! 

Mastodonkey

I can't help but think maybe multiple test shows should have been done before this. I mean one night before your first show? Hopefully it was just the storms or something fixable or doesn't happen again. Really hope tonight goes smooth.

John

My ears can't handle the screaming woman commercial. It sucks that I have to turn down the volume every time a commercial break starts.

I really hope they get those streaming issues fixed for tomorrow's launch...

Quote from: John on July 20, 2015, 01:27:04 AM
My ears can't handle the screaming woman commercial. It sucks that I have to turn down the volume every time a commercial break starts.

I really hope they get those streaming issues fixed for tomorrow's launch...

That commercial needs to go, immediately.

Faustina

Art sounded as sharp as ever:  he hasn't lost a step.  Fascinating radio.  Did anyone record it?  I'm jonesing to hear it again.

Spinner

Quote from: John on July 20, 2015, 01:27:04 AM

Same here. I hope they can do something about that one awful commercial.

Queen

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on July 20, 2015, 12:50:32 AM

No thats what i ment. It shouldnt have been this soon. A few weeks of testimg and perfectimg them start. I hope it goes good for him.

Jackstar

The screaming woman commercial just makes me want to buy more of whatever is making her scream. Or perhaps make a donation to Banshees Anonymous.

Probably not the hook they were going for.

Art Bell

Ok, we learned a lot tonight, people do not want me to have a co-host, not Redacted's fault at all just people who don't like change. She really sounded awesome.

We also learned that massive Thunderstorms screw with Internet over the 9000 foot Mountain it comes over, sad thing is it might happen again tonight. Looking at options that might include a t1. Otherwise it was a blast. We will work out the kinks.

It was a test show.

Art

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Art Bell on July 20, 2015, 02:13:13 AM
Ok, we learned a lot tonight, people do not want me to have a co-host, not Redacted's fault at all just people who don't like change. She really sounded awesome.

We also learned that massive Thunderstorms screw with Internet over the 9000 foot Mountain it comes over, sad thing is it might happen again tonight. Looking at options that might include a t1. Otherwise it was a blast. We will work out the kinks.

It was a test show.

Art

KEEP REDACTED.

jazmunda

Quote from: Art Bell on July 20, 2015, 02:13:13 AM

It was a test show.

Art

I thought she was great. It was also her first show too.

Other than the dropping issues at the end you sounded great. Thanks for taking my call. I can't wait until the real show starts.

Great show.