• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 28, 2016, 04:35:22 PM
What theory exactly?

Holes in the official story  ::)

You want answers but are afraid to even ask  ::) ::)

starrmtn001

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 28, 2016, 04:33:04 PM
Pretty noisy back there, sure you can handle it?
Besides, won't the pin setter dude see us?

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 28, 2016, 04:33:04 PM
Pretty noisy back there, sure you can handle it?
We'll make our own noise

Jackstar

Quote from: creepygreenlight on January 28, 2016, 04:30:23 PM
It's also worth noting that I live in Texas.  You jump my fence line and you will be legally killed if I feel threatened.

I live no where near Texas, so I won't pretend to know what the local laws are, but if you're allowed to leave man-stopping traps all over your yard, I am packing up and moving today.

Art Bell

Let me repeat I am not going into what is currently being done for security but it is a lot, because I am not employing your Brother in Law or whatever does not mean things are not being done.

Art

GravitySucks

Quote from: starrmtn001 on January 28, 2016, 04:37:31 PM

You and the noob questions Starrmtn. Pin setter dudes are a thing of the past.

TigerLily

Quote from: starrmtn001 on January 28, 2016, 04:37:31 PM
Not if we close our eyes

GravitySucks

Quote from: Art Bell on January 28, 2016, 04:38:38 PM
Let me repeat I am not going into what is currently being done for security but it is a lot, because I am not employing your Brother in Law or whatever does not mean things are not being done.

Art

FIFY. And I would leave it at that.

dan7800

Let me repeat I am not going into what is currently being done for security but it is a lot, because I am employing your Brother in Law or whatever does not mean things are not being done.

Art

I hate that you even need to get into this Art. Some people are going to hate. Let them.

A meteor could hit your house and people would complain that it was some stunt you pulled.

If you're into listen to Art again, then great. Hang around support him and his family. If you're not, then why waste your time here, and on some phony? Time to move on.

Jackstar

I am not employing your Brother in Law or whatever does not mean things are not being done.

Art

You're the one I think about most every time.

coaster

Look into Sobchak Security. The guy was in 'Nam and he doesn't mess around.

TigerLily

Art
Art!. Hope you are back on the air soon. In the meantime, want to go Cosmic Bowling?

trostol

so...wtf are you folks arguing about now lol

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 28, 2016, 04:32:52 PM

You have no idea about my real life. I yelled at someone in the South Bronx to get away from my car when he looked like he was trying to break in. Considering that I'm not armed and the guy in the hoodie probably was, I think that's pretty brave. You would have shit your pants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b9xauxCjTg

The average woman here would beat the piss out of a stalker.

albrecht

Quote from: creepygreenlight on January 28, 2016, 04:30:23 PM
Put me in a situation where somebody is shooting at my family and I guarantee you that "civil and criminal liability" doesn't mean jack shit at that point.  Also given the fact that Art lives in the middle of nowhere I wouldn't expect a lot of children to randomly come along and trespass on his property.

It's also worth noting that I live in Texas.  You jump my fence line and you will be legally killed if I feel threatened.
You miss the whole point. As I mentioned if you are confronted by an intruder, or even someone just trying to make off with your property, in many places (especially TX) you can use force, even deadly force and, pretty much, be ok criminally. (You still could be sued civilly but likely won't go very far.) If people are shooting at you and you engage I think you'll be just fine if you defend yourself in Texas, Nevada, or most places.

I'm not a lawyer but only play one on tv. Haha. Here is some relevant laws in TX for you:

"Sec. 9.44.  USE OF DEVICE TO PROTECT PROPERTY.  The justification afforded by Sections 9.41 and 9.43 applies to the use of a device to protect land or tangible, movable property if:

(1)  the device is not designed to cause, or known by the actor to create a substantial risk of causing, death or serious bodily injury;  and

(2)  use of the device is reasonable under all the circumstances as the actor reasonably believes them to be when he installs the device.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974.  Amended by Acts 1975, 64th Leg., p. 913, ch. 342, Sec. 6, eff. Sept. 1, 1975.  Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994."

"Sec. 9.05.  RECKLESS INJURY OF INNOCENT THIRD PERSON.  Even though an actor is justified under this chapter in threatening or using force or deadly force against another, if in doing so he also recklessly injures or kills an innocent third person, the justification afforded by this chapter is unavailable in a prosecution for the reckless injury or killing of the innocent third person.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974.  Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.

Sec. 9.06.  CIVIL REMEDIES UNAFFECTED.  The fact that conduct is justified under this chapter does not abolish or impair any remedy for the conduct that is available in a civil suit.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974.  Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994."

Quote from: dan7800 on January 28, 2016, 04:40:40 PM

A meteor could hit your house and people would complain that it was some stunt you pulled.

TigerLily

Quote from: trostol on January 28, 2016, 04:43:15 PM
so...wtf are you folks arguing about now lol
Who is going Cosmic Bowling tomorrow night. I'm bringing the Magic Mushrooms and Starr is bringing the balls. Want to come along?

Art Bell

I think the scariest thing at the moment is the Zika Virus. Brazil a Catholic nation is telling it's people to stop having Babies. Spread through mosquitos or Sex. If I were on air I would be all over it. I always said it would be the small things we need to worry over.

Art

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on January 28, 2016, 04:46:30 PM
Who is going Cosmic Bowling tomorrow night. I'm bringing the Magic Mushrooms and Starr is bringing the balls. Want to come along?

Once the mushrooms kick in do you really even need the balls and pins anymore? Could probably have a great game without them  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: Art Bell on January 28, 2016, 04:48:26 PM
I think the scariest thing at the moment is the Zika Virus. Brazil a Catholic nation is telling it's people to stop having Babies. Spread through mosquitos or Sex. If I were on air I would be all over it. I always said it would be the small things we need to worry over.

Art
Yep. And now they say the common mosquito can carry? Scary stuff. Would be good show. Do it.  ;)