• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

littlechris

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 27, 2016, 03:19:23 PM
You've cast Falkie as the grassy knoll. While knoll may be a strangely applicable term, I would suggest you recast him as Pahrump. Actually, fuck it, I will direct the film. We need a triple extra large shark suit, a shitload of explosives, bad ass hotrods, some marijuana, you cast as the villain, a couple fake handlebar moustaches, a Harley Davidson, a full sized mock up of a UFO and Sigourney Weaver. You want a movie, I'll make you a fucking movie. Probably won't have much to do with Art though. Well, maybe he can do a cameo water ski jumping the Falkie-Shark with explosions going off as a backdrop. That would be bad ass.
:) :) :) :) :) :)

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 27, 2016, 07:55:39 PM
Really?

Quimby, why do you have to dredge up ancient history? Geez!  ;D

WhiteCrow

Quote from: area51drone on January 27, 2016, 07:48:18 PM
I'm a fan too, but this is kind of bs.  Honorable family man leaving kids behind in multiple divorces?  Two of them who he had no contact with (according to web reports I have read) for many years?   He's not a perfect human being, none of us are, but don't praise him as if he is a saint.   I wish him the best with his current marriage and family and hope for his daughter's sake that he keeps this one together.

Geez .. Really like . We heard it all before.
Like they say over on Falkie's thread STFU

A few of us respect Art because of his broadcasting talents... No more, No Less! Enough said.

Art Bell

I have made many claims but never that I was a Saint, I will leave that to the people who seem to know everything. As I have said I made some bad decisions at a very bad time but never lied on or off air.

I guess you could call it a meltdown when I posted that I would not be back, I can own that and I can also understand the anger of those who helped promote the show, a lot was lost and again I say sorry to those who helped.

Art

Tinfoil_Helm

Whaddya make of the Musky Bottoms meme, Art?  C'mon, pretty good times, right?

BettyO417

Quote from: Element 115 on January 27, 2016, 06:34:37 PM
Who is the artist in regard to the uploaded .mp3?

Hello there Element 115.
Art might have the answer to that question if he's got it in his vast amount of music files.The song was played by Art somewhere around 1998-99. Art would play the song occasionally back then, but I don't remember if he ever said who wrote it for reasons unknown. Don't believe the song was ever mass produced either. I found the song on "Kazaa" a pier to pier back in the day. Wish I knew so the artist could get some credit. The song was just listed on Kazaa as Goodnight.MP3 .

Here's another little ditty from Kazaa. Also an audio file. It was played once on Northern Exposure if anyone remembers that show. I think it was from the episode where everyone in town was reading each others thoughts, dreaming their fantasies and going CRAZY ??? as Springtime was approaching and the ice was cracking! Once the ice cracked everything and everyone back to sanity!! Ha!
Hmm, might be fitting for these days! hope you enjoy it. The groups name is "Chance".

Quote from: WhiteCrow on January 27, 2016, 07:57:23 PM
Like they say over the Falkie's thread STFU
A few of us respect Art because of his broadcasting talents... No more, No Less! Enough said.

Respect or not, does that make drone's post untrue?

Quote from: Art Bell on January 27, 2016, 07:59:18 PM
I have made many claims but never that I was a Saint, I will leave that to the people who seem to know everything. As I have said I made some bad decisions at a very bad time but never lied on or off air.

I guess you could call it a meltdown when I posted that I would not be back, I can own that and I can also understand the anger of those who helped promote the show, a lot was lost and again I say sorry to those who helped.

Art

art
we are all patiently waiting  until there is anyone else,  if ever,  worth listening to

pyewacket

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 27, 2016, 07:27:48 PM
Yes. How quickly we forget.

haha IB- and it wasn't all that long ago.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Art Bell on January 27, 2016, 07:20:02 PM
My guess is Panthers but that does not mean I like them, kind of the way I feel about Trump.

Art

I foresee a surprisingly sluggish Denver defense, thus a great offensive battle that will ultimately be decided by pass interceptions.  I won't spoil it for everybody by saying who. 

GravitySucks

Art

The Blitz was a cool period. Lots of buzz and lots of excitement. Not sure if it will ever be duplicated.

I don't think there are any regrets about that.

ge30542

Mr. Bell, with all due respect, why not involve the police with a phone death threat, especially given that you have a young child in the house?

GravitySucks

Quote from: pyewacket on January 27, 2016, 08:05:47 PM
haha IB- and it wasn't all that long ago.

But Pye, you can explain it best to IB... You did it so well, I think in the politics thread.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: area51drone on January 27, 2016, 07:40:18 PM

Did I call that or what?   And quit lying Art.  You said you weren't coming back.  Own it. 

Plus, screen shots of "Heather"'s thousands of subs, or it isn't true.

I'm a fan of your talk show, but you do yourself no favors by posting here, as I've said before.   Go find yourself a handler and a good business manager and get back to doing the one thing you do really really well.

The other option here is simply not to make very questionable claims. If she really had thousands and thousands of subs, I'd want to know how that's possible. And the explanation might open up a can of worms.

Element 115

Quote from: BettyO417 on January 27, 2016, 08:02:24 PM
Hello there Element 115.
Art might have the answer to that question if he's got it in his vast amount of music files.The song was played by Art somewhere around 1998-99. Art would play the song occasionally back then, but I don't remember if he ever said who wrote it for reasons unknown. Don't believe the song was ever mass produced either. I found the song on "Kazaa" a pier to pier back in the day. Wish I knew so the artist could get some credit. The song was just listed on Kazaa as Goodnight.MP3 .

Here's another little ditty from Kazaa. Also an audio file. It was played once on Northern Exposure if anyone remembers that show. I think it was from the episode where everyone in town was reading each others thoughts, dreaming their fantasies and going CRAZY ??? as Springtime was approaching and the ice was cracking! Once the ice cracked everything and everyone back to sanity!! Ha!
Hmm, might be fitting for these days! hope you enjoy it. The groups name is "Chance".

Thanks for letting me know. Amazed I never heard it. Been listening since 1997. Thank you for posting the songs.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Art Bell on January 27, 2016, 07:20:02 PM
My guess is Panthers but that does not mean I like them, kind of the way I feel about Trump.

Art

Exactly .. Trump is needed to swing the pendulum .. Back towards center. Doesn't mean

Exactly.. Trump is needed to swing the pendulum of public opinion towards center. Supporting him doesn't mean,  want him for President.

Love Art.. Adore Heather..  Praise MV.. Bateman's OK

Uncle Duke

Quote from: WhiteCrow on January 27, 2016, 07:57:23 PM
Like they say over on Falkie's thread STFU

This reminds of the quote by then Cincinnati Reds owner Marge Schott in response to the question of why she owned a Nazi armband.  "Everybody know Hitler was good at the beginning, he just went too far".

And no, I not equating Art to Hitler.

starrmtn001

Quote from: rekcuf on January 27, 2016, 08:03:32 PM
Respect or not, does that make drone's post untrue?
No more, or less, true than it was many, many, many years ago.  People can change.  Those who can't change, seem to like dredging up old stuff about those who have changed-for the better.

pyewacket

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 27, 2016, 08:08:08 PM
But Pye, you can explain it best to IB... You did it so well, I think in the politics thread.

Gravity- I say a lot of things on the forum. I don't recall the post you're referring to, but if you'd like to point out an inconsistency in my position- I'd be happy to address it. 

WhiteCrow

I have made many claims but never that I was a Saint,  I will leave that to the people who seem to know everything. As I have said I made some bad decisions at a very bad time but never lied on or off air.

Art

Mr Bell and Ms Wade ..with all do respect. I do know everything about one subject. Night time Radio will be a whole lot better with you back on the Air.

Heather we thank you, for your wisdom and efforts, to hold it all together... Making it possible for Art to return.

Love Art.. Adore Heather.. Praise MV.. Bateman's OK

Quote from: pyewacket on January 27, 2016, 08:17:28 PM
Gravity- I say a lot of things on the forum. I don't recall the post you're referring to, but if you'd like to point out an inconsistency in my position- I'd be happy to address it.

I've never even been on the politics thread.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: ge30542 on January 27, 2016, 08:07:03 PM
Mr. Bell, with all due respect, why not involve the police with a phone death threat, especially given that you have a young child in the house?

I'll field this one for you Art..  He did.. and once upon a time I had a problem. But its really none of your business.

GravitySucks

Quote from: pyewacket on January 27, 2016, 08:17:28 PM

No... No inconsistency whatsoever....
Quote from: pyewacket on January 09, 2016, 03:50:35 PM
This is one of the reasons I admire you guys. A group of you can be fighting and insulting each other for pages and then, when the dust settles, you're willing to drink together as if nothing happened. Women, on the other hand, will plot revenge forever. Cheers guys- knock yourselves out but don't overdo the drunken fighting. :)

I thought that post was very profound

😎😎😎

whoozit

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 27, 2016, 07:42:02 PM
LOL, this day is starting to feel like 6 months. I'm going to rewrite the words to Dancing Queen and make a Drama Queen parody.
I did one some time ago, most of it still applies
Quote from: whoozit on October 17, 2015, 07:32:20 AM
My muse bit me again, or maybe it has been all the NyQuil.  Hopefully it channels more Weird Al than UFO Phil.  To the tune of ABBA's Dancing Queen:

Bellgab Scene

You can post, you can write, having the time of your night
See that post, watch that gif, diggin' the Bellgab Scene

Weekday night and the lights are low
Looking out for the thread to go
Where the tone is just right, don't want it too mean
You check out the scene
So many threads could be the one
Still early people having fun
So many animations, everything is slow
You're in the mood for a story
Funny post about Dave Noorie

You're on the Bellgab Scene, post and read, many threads to see
Bellgab Scene, post from angry troll goes unseen

You're a jokester, you lead 'em on
Leave them laughing and then you're gone
Looking for another thread, which one will do?
You're in the mood for a post
Here's a chance, make the most

You're on the Bellgab Scene, post and read, many threads to see
Bellgab Scene, post from angry troll goes unseen

Quote from: starrmtn001 on January 27, 2016, 08:16:01 PM
No more, or less, true than it was many, many, many years ago.  People can change.  Those who can't change, seem to like dredging up old stuff about those who have changed-for the better.

So, yes. Drone's post was accurate.

Quote from: whoozit on January 27, 2016, 08:25:14 PM
I did one some time ago, most of it still applies

LOL! Well, there's no way that I can improve on that!  Good job! :D

akwilly

Quote from: WhiteCrow on January 27, 2016, 08:18:42 PM
Mr Bell and Ms Wade ..with all do respect. I do know everything about one subject. Night time Radio will be a whole lot better with you back on the Air.

Heather we thank you, for your wisdom and efforts, to hold it all together... Making it possible for Art to return.

Love Art.. Adore Heather.. Praise MV.. Bateman's OK
is art back?