• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

akwilly

Oops meant to quote mv not realcool daddio

sydtron

Yeah MV. thanks  a lot brother!  From late nights playing pinball listening to "The cockwhore of a show which will not be named" and following the GNS thread. To all of this talking to Art and even the show threads for Dark Matter. Its been one HELL of a ride. Its like a clubhouse.  And it's gonna get better. Right on. Man. Right on.

Quote from: MV on April 03, 2015, 11:48:49 PM
i can't tell you how excited i am to see where things are about to go for art and for bellgab as he starts the new show later this year.  we are in the midst of special times, and i hope everyone realizes that.  sometimes you don't realize it while it's happening.  what art's about to do represents the manifestation of years of hoping/wishing/praying by thousands of people on this forum, and many more who don't even know this forum exists.  it's all just surreal to me.
now you know what old time trekkies like me felt like.  ;D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: akwilly on April 04, 2015, 01:28:41 AM
I guess u run or own this site, am not sure am new here but I thank you for whatever you do to give us art bell lovers a forum.

Hey bud. Glad you're here.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: akwilly on April 04, 2015, 01:30:37 AM

If only more people felt this way.

morgana213

Did anyone notice MV's glass eye follows you around the room?   Hmmm.....what does that mean?!?

Scully

thanks, but i'm just a fat douche nobody from missouri who installed a script on a server and then tried to stay out of the way as much as possible (with a few mistakes made along the way).  without art and obviously without the rest of you, this forum wouldn't exist. 

i can't tell you how excited i am to see where things are about to go for art and for bellgab as he starts the new show later this year.  we are in the midst of special times, and i hope everyone realizes that.  sometimes you don't realize it while it's happening.  what art's about to do represents the manifestation of years of hoping/wishing/praying by thousands of people on this forum, and many more who don't even know this forum exists.  it's all just surreal to me. 

i hope art hosts this new show until the day he kicks it at age 101.

Group hug ... kumbaya ... and all that jazz ...  8)

onan

Who is this Art Bell?

Yeah, I have to agree with the majority here regarding MV and the forum he's put together. He did a helluva job. And it IS exciting to be a part of this thing. I mean, Art Freaking Bell is a regular poster? Are you kidding me??

Bravo Zulu to MV. We don't always see eye-to-eye, but he ain't a bad kid.

VegasI15

Well Mr. Trump actually expanded his view on the deal.  It's status is now terrible.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/584129948916514818

rzr1911

Quote from: VegasI15 on April 04, 2015, 06:42:01 AM
Well Mr. Trump actually expanded his view on the deal.  It's status is now terrible.
Iran isn't a threat to anybody, and they don't even need nukes (Nukes would not increase their defense capability, and attacking anybody with nukes is suicide). The only threat in the Near East is Israel and the US/Saudi supported maniacs.
I think it's stupid to build NPPs anywhere, because of the nuclear waste problem and the extreme damage to huge landmasses in the case of an accident. When the cooling fails because of an Earthquake, X-flare, whatever, and they can't shut down the reactor, you can say good bye to a lot of land.

Ms. C

Quote from: FightTheFuture on April 04, 2015, 05:53:46 AM
Yeah, I have to agree with the majority here regarding MV and the forum he's put together. He did a helluva job. And it IS exciting to be a part of this thing. I mean, Art Freaking Bell is a regular poster? Are you kidding me??

Bravo Zulu to MV.

And I second all this ... I am soooo honored to be part of this awesome & vaguely lovable forum!!!! 

rzr1911

Quote from: VegasI15 on April 04, 2015, 06:42:01 AM
He says that because that's what his Israeli or Zionist business partners like to hear. No other reason.

Nick el Ass

I will join in, and tip my hat the our intrepid leader MV for doing all that he has done to give us vaguely lovable folks a place to express our opinions on any number of subjects. It is hard to believe that I have been here for 4 years, and even though I didn't post a lot early one once I jumped it it has been a lot of fun. There are a lot of smart folks on here, and a few equally smart asses which makes it fun... and I like many others I'm sure look forward to seeing any future improvements. Long live BellGab!!!

Maybe I'm not the right person to post this, but I wanted to bring up the fact that again last night a caller brought up Art's pending return which prompted a response from Dave that as pointed out in the GNS thread went something like this.

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on April 04, 2015, 12:59:27 AM
Hmmmm. In response to as caller asking about Art's rumored return to the airwaves, Joorch says Art emailed him several days ago and they exchanged 'about five emails', the content of which he wants to keep private....

WhiteCrow

Quote from: MV on April 04, 2015, 01:28:08 AM
Yeah, those shows where the guest was way off the mark are among my favorites.

^^^^  YES!!!
Take Y2K for example. As a skeptic and as a business manager, I can remember being both entertained and concerned by all the hysteria when Y2K shows were originally broadcast. Not only on Art's shows but by all the other media/industry buzz too.

At work, preparing for Y2K was mostly computer software issues and they were handled by our outside service providers. Because of all the Y2K hype, we needed to make sure every thing was done so we were "Y2K compliant"
So our Y2K extra special effort was put into building a Y2K 'staffer training room, with custom desks/workstations and the latest individual computers/terminals set up to train about a dozen 'staffers' at a time.
I went to one of the training sessions and thought, someone sure cashed in and sold us a bill of goods.
The training was mostly worthless information. But by-golly we were prepared, we had a special Y2K training room built!

Our Y2K training room is still there intact, never used it again.
It's a circa late 1990's era, star-ship décor Y2K time capsule.

So when I listen to Art's old Y2K shows now, I can remember back to very specific events and get good laugh again from all the folly of the times.

Zetaspeak

I think Mv is pretty darn great

He also appreciates that Art Bell and Space Ghost were the two best Coast to Coast hosts ever  ;D

CornyCrow

Quote from: Nick el Ass on April 04, 2015, 07:31:16 AM
I will join in, and tip my hat the our intrepid leader MV for doing all that he has done to give us vaguely lovable folks a place to express our opinions on any number of subjects. It is hard to believe that I have been here for 4 years, and even though I didn't post a lot early one once I jumped it it has been a lot of fun. There are a lot of smart folks on here, and a few equally smart asses which makes it fun... and I like many others I'm sure look forward to seeing any future improvements. Long live BellGab!!!

Maybe I'm not the right person to post this, but I wanted to bring up the fact that again last night a caller brought up Art's pending return which prompted a response from Dave that as pointed out in the GNS thread went something like this.

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on Today at 01:59:27 AM

Hmmmm. In response to as caller asking about Art's rumored return to the airwaves, Joorch says Art emailed him several days ago and they exchanged 'about five emails', the content of which he wants to keep private....

-----------------------------------------
Yep.  Someone called and said there was a rumor of Art coming back and will that be part time on C2C?

George said he and Art had exchanged emails, of which there were about 5, the last having been 7 days ago, and no, Art is planning something different.  He said the contents of the emails will remain a secret.

What could that be about?  Why would Art contact him? 

Later in the program, during open lines Noory said there wad some sort of surprise planned about 2 months down the line.  Does that have anything to do with Art's possible new program?  Maybe it's some marketing ploy to try and prevent C2C listeners to jump ship and listen to Art.

At any rate, kudos to the caller, who notified the audience of a possible alternative to C2C. 

I really hope Art's new show will air in New York.  Art is really so excellent at what he does.  I do see that Noory is trying harder now.  He must be really worried.  I wonder if he stopped mentioning Art's name in the credits when Art's first email arrived?  That's a sloppy, but telling move, I think.

nika01

all this ass kissing is giving me the willies

MAX

thanks, but i'm just a fat douche nobody from missouri who installed a script on a server and then tried to stay out of the way as much as possible (with a few mistakes made along the way).  without art and obviously without the rest of you, this forum wouldn't exist. 

i hope art hosts this new show until the day he kicks it at age 101.

Well said MV your da Man...

aldousburbank

Quote from: nika01 on April 04, 2015, 09:17:41 AM
all this ass kissing is giving me the willies
Not to mention the ball cupping.

Quote from: akwilly on April 04, 2015, 01:30:37 AM
Me too.

Reported.

Quote from: MV on April 04, 2015, 02:10:29 AM
If only more people felt this way.
Words hurt, sir.

onan

you guys are word bullies.

Yeah, as someone who briefly dabbled in another Coast discussion board (won't name names but it rhymed with sadistic quorum) this place is much more easygoing.

lonevoice

Quote from: Nick el Ass on April 04, 2015, 07:31:16 AM

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on April 04, 2015, 12:59:27 AM
I find this unsettling.   It's cool if Art doesn't want to elucidate this mystery, but I'd sure like to know if it's true.

Let's get something straight. It's not all lemonade in the rose garden when you're talking about MV.

You have to include the dark side, too.

For example, the guy owes me $3.71 in gambling debts. I've confronted him many times and he just keeps avoiding the situation.  If we see each other in public, he quickly ducks into the nearest building and pretends to be shopping, perhaps whimsically buying a pack of non filtered camels for his Turkish tobacco addiction, flaunting the expense in my face as he tosses cigarette pack cellophane in my general direction.

I have evidence he is an active pagan on full moon weekends.

I will keep my eye on him while cruising around in my truck -  painted a fashionable "glossy mummy brown" to blend in with the spirit of the community - and make sure he doesn't get away with anything untoward.

[attachimg=1]