• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

paladin1991

Quote from: Art Bell on April 06, 2015, 04:31:29 PM
Well at least here I am among friends. The stress of reading all day long about the insane new Digital music rules is enough to push anybody over the edge. I really want to get this all going but not if it is a deal that is doomed to fail for all. It's got to have the bases covered because the money I do have saved is for my Family and I can not take risks with it just to satisfy my wanting to do a show. Trust me when I say the Lawsuits over music are flying like Hell Fire's over Yemen.

I understand that some of you say who cares about the music, but it is part of the magic, not all of it of course but a part of it none the less. I told Keith to talk with them and I didn't want to hear about it till he had some kind of resolution but I can not even hold to that. I think I am a A+ personality and can not change that, I think I pretty much worry everything to death, no doubt including my own. So, should I pass into that higher antenna location in the sky remember I was here on Bell Gabb. Also please get the EVP folk's on minus Jimmy and I will try and tell you how hot it really is there. (At least I could cook Pizza rolls by just holding them up)

Art
Well bro, when I get in this kind of funk, I get me a bottle of Scotch and a straw.  I throw in a copy of Kelly's Heros and let my worries drift away.

paladin1991

Quote from: Art Bell on April 06, 2015, 06:00:07 PM
Ok, here is some possibly better news, Keith had a very good talk with them today and we have
a new deal being put together which means we could have a contract ready to sign by the end of the
Week he says. That is all I want, once we have that I will order the Studio gear. So once again the roller coaster
is headed up. Jeez.

Art
Okay, belay my last.

Or not.

paladin1991

Quote from: Art Bell on April 06, 2015, 08:52:47 PM
Well thanks guys, you are getting a little taste of what I have been going through for the last couple of months. It really is crazy, good news, then crashing back to Earth, it really does a number on me.

And yes I do suffer Panic attacks. Always before going on air but within a few moments I get in a zone and then nothing effects me, it's really weird.

Art
When we would go out on a mission, I'd get that 'tight' feeling inside, like some big hand was squeezing....
Knock back some Scotch and the Funny Gunny had his groove on.  It was almost religious as we passed the bottle around.  But just one hit, don't want to be lit, y'know?
Course I don't do radio....that could get scary.

laserjock

Art, I just got home from work just a few minutes ago, and was thinking about what I said earlier, and that it must've felt like pressure being applied, which I don't want.  I want to say that I am deeply moved to see how much you care about your show and about US, your followers.  I am deeply moved how you are sharing with us and being an open book for us to read.  It's good you aren't going it alone, if we all pray and push the mojo tonight maybe our energy can propel you forward, but most of all, we must pray for your good health and true happiness.

I want to tell you, I also endure panic attacks and every day before work I worry myself sick about going to work, and it's a shit job, too, not the high tech challenging work I used to do.  My P-Doc gave a script for a blood pressure medicine that is supposed to be calming but my insurance won't cover it, so I just have to muscle through.  And on top of this, I'm so poor I scare homeless people away, and my poor wife in Cebu still believes in me, that I'll make it somehow, she keeps me fighting.  I guess it must be the culture, but she's the highest quality dame I've ever loved and she's the reason I keep fighting.  I know your wife is probably just the same to you, and also, all of us, your fans, your followers who genuinely adore you and are praying for you.

If this falls through, please stay with us here, having you a part of this makes a big difference for us, and us knowing how much you really care and how hard you are trying is making me soar, and surely everyone else here.

I just want to say, you aren't alone, I stress like crazy about every little thing to do with my work and I envy people that know how to kick back and relax.  I hear ya!  My wife is on her way to do a welfare checkup on a family member in another town, when she gets back I'll remind her about lighting a candle in Cebu for you, and not for the show, but for your well being, and your family's.  May God bless you!

Zoxo

Glad to hear you actually ARE human after all Art! LOL We all have you up in the ranks of a super hero hahahaha :)

nextgen.fm

Quote from: Art Bell on April 06, 2015, 04:31:29 PM
Well at least here I am among friends. The stress of reading all day long about the insane new Digital music rules is enough to push anybody over the edge. I really want to get this all going but not if it is a deal that is doomed to fail for all. It's got to have the bases covered because the money I do have saved is for my Family and I can not take risks with it just to satisfy my wanting to do a show. Trust me when I say the Lawsuits over music are flying like Hell Fire's over Yemen.

I understand that some of you say who cares about the music, but it is part of the magic, not all of it of course but a part of it none the less. I told Keith to talk with them and I didn't want to hear about it till he had some kind of resolution but I can not even hold to that. I think I am a A+ personality and can not change that, I think I pretty much worry everything to death, no doubt including my own. So, should I pass into that higher antenna location in the sky remember I was here on Bell Gabb. Also please get the EVP folk's on minus Jimmy and I will try and tell you how hot it really is there. (At least I could cook Pizza rolls by just holding them up)

Art
I remember you said in your book u would get panic attacks before going on air!

Hope everything works out art thanks!

akwilly

Quote from: nextgen.fm on April 06, 2015, 10:10:34 PM
I remember you said in your book u would get panic attacks before going on air!

Hope everything works out art thanks!
My job is one long and steady panic attack. I've learned to deal with it so I just don't understand what the big deal is

I'm glad everyone is sharing their anxiety issues and it isn't as stigmatized as it used to be.

akwilly

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 06, 2015, 10:18:27 PM
I'm glad everyone is sharing their anxiety issues and it isn't as stigmatized as it used to be.
I've also seen a ufo if that helps change the topic

akwilly

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 06, 2015, 10:25:26 PM
^Do tell ;D
On a boat in gulf of AK. It was red light that split into about 5 and then made weird moves before coming back together and cruising off

akwilly

I wish that if art comes back there would be a dedicated line for people to call to report on realtime things like that so other people could witness events like that

Quote from: Laurakinch on April 06, 2015, 06:09:24 PM
Oh please, let it be so. Fingers crossed!

[attachimg=1]

WOTR

Quote from: Art Bell on April 06, 2015, 06:00:07 PM
Ok, here is some possibly better news, Keith had a very good talk with them today and we have a new deal being put together which means we could have a contract ready to sign by the end of the week he says.
Art
So, if Keith gets this done will people stop questioning the choice to bring him in on negotiations?  I learned a long time ago that while you do need some people skills, sometimes blunt and focused is preferable.  You do not need people skills to say "Art demands 1, 2 and 3 and simply refuse to budge.  I lack people skills- my coworker really lacked them... I would put him in charge of making sure the subcontractors did what was required.  Without being rude, he kept them on task without the weakness that most people have of not wanting to offend people and "just letting things slide."  I get the feeling that Keith may be similar and not necessarily a bad choice when you know exactly how things have to look to make you happy.

From what little I can gather, Keith and his style are not exactly unknown and still people will not trust that you have the judgement to know what he is capable (and suited) for at your age and with that history behind you.  I really hope he gets you what you want and wonder if anybody but you will remember to thank him for doing some of the heavy lifting and taking a little pressure off of you.

laserjock

This brings something important to mind, praying for Keith and HIS well being and success...

phrodo

I hope my liquor store doesn't run out of whiskey before Art runs out of patience.   :o

SnapT

Kolchak

Contracts are never gonna keep Bellgab down.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H5uWRjFsGc

Bonanza Pilot

Quote from: Art Bell on April 06, 2015, 08:52:47 PM

And yes I do suffer Panic attacks. Always before going on air but within a few moments I get in a zone and then nothing effects me, it's really weird.

Art

I have damn near the same experience when flying. I have such anxiety beforehand that I wonder why I bother flying a single engine airplane, but when the wheels come up....it's a flat out zone that I enjoy.

It's a funny thing in the human condition for sure....

phrodo

Quote from: Bonanza Pilot on April 06, 2015, 11:00:55 PM
I have damn near the same experience when flying. I have such anxiety beforehand that I wonder why I bother flying a single engine airplane, but when the wheels come up....it's a flat out zone that I enjoy.

It's a funny thing in the human condition for sure....

Since folks seem to be sharing regarding performance anxiety .. i.e. panic attacks -- I used to be an AM radio announcer/DJ years ago myself .. MANY years ago -- and I recall sitting on the shitter in the morning, nearly sick to my stomach .. thinking how unworthy I was and how I didn't want to go into work and have thousands (relatively small market station) listening to my voice and what I was going to have to say that day. But I did it .. and didn't suck toooo awfully bad.

Soooo Art -- you know you aren't alone ... and are kinda amongst kindred spirits here. Sooo - Carry On Our Wayward Son -- or Dad.   :P  There WILL be PEACE when you are done.  ;D

Kansas - Carry On My Wayward Son (Official Video) Unofficial ReMastered

laserjock

I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I heard that Marilyn Monroe also felt dread, that she considered herself a fraud, or worried that she'd be one.  Ms. Monroe is something of a hero to me, she soldiered on despite awful pressure from others, she collapsed in the end, but I often wonder if she was actually murdered.  So I suppose many truly great people, the sincere and genuine ones, struggle with anxiety, self recrimination, and doubt.  Human emotions, such a bother, and yet, they redeem us as a race of the animal kingdom.

When I worked in the tech industry, I'd literally vomit before going to work I'd be so worried.  The crazy thing was, I was a good technician, I've got fantastic instincts when it comes to systems and figuring out why they aren't working right.  I've been right even when Stanford scientists have been wrong in the past.  No, I'm not as educated as them, but I had a more objective mind and put forth more effort, and in the end, my diagnosis was the right one on a few different occasions.

I'm hard on myself, my wife tells me that, she says I doubt myself too much.  It's that damned voice from when I was a kid, when my dad told me I was an idiot and would never amount to anything (but I went on to do things he had no clue about, hell, he was a salesman).  Those of us who are older grew up with dads that were a lot tougher to deal with.  The Great Depression made those elders a little harsh, because they went through hell themselves.  Right before my dad died he confessed that he was proud of me, but it wasn't easy for him to tell me that, and I have no idea why, I tell my son that he is remarkable, frequently.

Maybe my dad's generation passed through a chunk of the universe that caused them to have that hangup, I often wonder if where we are in the Milky Way at any given moment affects us, and I wonder if I'm the only one to wonder about that.

phrodo

"Upon further review" .. the above submitted Rock Classic pretty much sums up the current situation.

"Once I rose above the noise and confusion
Just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion
I was soaring ever higher ... but I flew too high...

Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
Though my mind could think - I still was a Mad Man
I hear the voices when I'm dreaming
I could hear them say --

Carry on My Wayward Son - There'll be Peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest ... Don't you cry no more ..."

Truer words were never spoken .. or sung...

Besides the great, pertinent lyrics -- this song has some of the best fucking guitar licks and rocknroll hooks EVAR.   :-*

((((I fondly recall seeing Kansas and The Moody Blues (yep - an EPIC concert) at The Muny Opera outdoors in Forest Park in St. Louis in 1991 ... my cousin and I were sitting 5th row center .. so close that when Kansas' violinist slung his hair we were hit with droplets of his sweat (yep THAT close) ... it was ONE Helluva concert .. the Blues' Hayward and Lodge with their many classic tunes and Kansas' awesomeness ... one very memorable night.))))

Is it too late to nominate an intro song??   ;D

WOTR

Quote from: wotr1 on April 05, 2015, 11:17:08 PM
Quite frankly, we are all enjoying the ride. 
;D
Quote from: bateman on April 06, 2015, 06:18:06 PM
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!11
Quote from: Roswells, Art on April 06, 2015, 06:19:45 PM
*cartwheels*
Quote from: DesertFox on April 06, 2015, 06:33:13 PM
Art, you are a rollercoaster!  Wanna take a ride, indeed! 
Quote from: coaster on April 06, 2015, 06:31:31 PM
Sounds like one exhausting ride.

So far, so good.  A few more upside down loops, another few curves and a few more drops where we all leave our stomachs behind and we're there.

zeebo

Quote from: wotr1 on April 06, 2015, 11:52:40 PM
So far, so good.  A few more upside down loops, another few curves and a few more drops where we all leave our stomachs behind and we're there.

I think I ate too much cotton candy before I got on this thing.  :-\   Oh well, no turning back now!    :D

phrodo

Quote from: zeebo on April 07, 2015, 12:04:18 AM
I think I ate too much cotton candy before I got on this thing.  :-\   Oh well, no turning back now!    :D

Well .. say hello to -- Rrraaaallllphhh!!!

Hope we ALL don't get that.  ???

akwilly

Quote from: wotr1 on April 06, 2015, 11:52:40 PM
;D
It's like Action Park without all the injury's and occasional deaths

WOTR

Quote from: zeebo on April 07, 2015, 12:04:18 AM
I'm glad I followed my instincts on this one and took a seat in the front car.  I almost pity those unfortunate souls behind you...

Needle woman

Art, You certainly are among friends here.  Thank you for considering us friends.  I have considered you my dear "radio" friend for 19 years.  i discovered your program due to terrible situational anxiety I was experiencing which prevented me from falling asleep. Well, after awhile, life returned to normal, thankfully, and I had found a new "friend".  So, I'm pleased to acknowledge the comfort you gave me and I stand with everyone else here as we try to comfort and support you.

We all hope to hear you again, and I think we will. But, if this isn't to be, well, that will be ok, too. We have your back and want what's best for you.

MV, I'm adding my thanks to you, too, for having this forum which we all enjoy!

phrodo

Quote from: Needle woman on April 07, 2015, 12:59:07 AM
Art, You certainly are among friends here.  Thank you for considering us friends.  I have considered you my dear "radio" friend for 19 years.  i discovered your program due to terrible situational anxiety I was experiencing which prevented me from falling asleep. Well, after awhile, life returned to normal, thankfully, and I had found a new "friend".  So, I'm pleased to acknowledge the comfort you gave me and I stand with everyone else here as we try to comfort and support you.

We all hope to hear you again, and I think we will. But, if this isn't to be, well, that will be ok, too. We have your back and want what's best for you.

MV, I'm adding my thanks to you, too, for having this forum which we all enjoy!

Plus about 100,935 -- give or take a thousand or two. Well said.

ge30542

Mr. Bell. Just a thought, have you considered using "Legal Zoom" in the negotiations?  If you do, don't forget to use promo code "noory" at checkout.
(just kidding, of course)