• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

paladin1991

Quote from: PaulAtreides on April 01, 2015, 09:47:38 AM
"Faithless fuck."  That's a good one.  I've never been called that before.

Would anyone be interested in nice table model SiriusXM radio?  Cheap.
;D

Yeah, you learn all kinds of endearments in the Marine Corps.  But the self flagellation....was it good for you?

berry

I'm sure that everything will be fine. Art is probably being even more cautious this time. I have faith!

Juan

There are now so many criminal laws in the US, even the courts don't know how many. Some law professors estimate about 300,000.  You are probably breaking at least one right now.  Contracts have to be throughly vetted.  A handshake deal could land you in jail.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Juan on April 01, 2015, 10:45:39 AM
There are now so many criminal laws in the US, even the courts don't know how many. Some law professors estimate about 300,000.  You are probably breaking at least one right now.  Contracts have to be throughly vetted.  A handshake deal could land you in jail.
There should be a law against all these laws.

aldousburbank

Dear Art,

May I be so presumptous as to suggest that you ocassionally open up a dedicated "Vaguely Loveable" line for us BellGab trash?

b_dubb

Re: Art's update .... You can't start an April Fools joke on any day other than April 1st. That simply isn't cricket.

Roswells, Art

Hi Art,
Thank you for sharing your frustrations with us. I wish I could help. As far as the contract goes, don't agree to anything you don't want to do just to please us. I just want you to have a good happy life.

PrairieGhost

Whoever made the Art Bell Bumper Collection playlist on Spotify, Thank you!

YNOT

Quote from: MV on March 31, 2015, 10:31:21 PM
thank you, sir.

you see this, people?  this is how you get into the mv clique.  let's step it up.

as you were.

HAHA. And I didn't even have to get you drunk first.

Damn Art! We're keeping our fingers crossed for you

Art Bell

Thank you, I hope we get the Contract and all is well, my concern is only that each step has taken so long. It's true I am not patient, this is a project that I want to get on with, there is so much to do.

I have no reason now to think there is a problem, it is just sooo slow.

Art

nika01

hallelujah ,

and pass the apple sauce

DesertFox

Quote from: Art Bell on April 01, 2015, 12:01:47 PM
Thank you, I hope we get the Contract and all is well, my concern is only that each step has taken so long. It's true I am not patient, this is a project that I want to get on with, there is so much to do.

Art

Don't worry, my man!  Again no rush...there is no rule you must start in July.  Take your time and get it right.  I guarantee we all will wait!  God speed, Art.

Pale Horse

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 31, 2015, 10:56:20 PM
  Nor expedite the Lady Ghostbusters film we crave.

Is this the script where the Lady Ghostbusters are tasked with solving the crimes and mysteries of 9/11? And the MashMellow Monster turns out to be Rush Limbaugh on Percocet?

Pale Horse

Quote from: Art Bell on April 01, 2015, 12:01:47 PM

Art
Where did you say that you were going to take your wife on holiday before the show got started again? Make it a long one. We'll be here waiting with our Bells on during the buildup to MITD.

lonevoice

Art is probably right that when he gets the contract back from the corporate attorneys it will have new stuff in it that’s never been talked about, and may not be agreeable to him.  That’s to be expected.  The challenge will be for Art not to throw his hands up and tell them all to go fuck themselves and that’s that. 

Remember the kerfuffle between Keith and Art over the Jimmy Chooch thing?  Keith said, and Art agreed, that Art is emotional and dramatic.  So we know that.   Art has also been open enough with us to say that he is not a patient person, and that he hates lawyers.   This negotiating process brings together several things that Art has acknowledged are like kryptonite to him. 

Art is Old School.  He probably remembers the days when two parties entering into a business agreement wrote it all down longhand on a yellow legal pad, signed it, shook hands, and the deal was done.   I expect the modern realities of corporate business are hard for him to abide.   (I also suspect that Art isn’t using a lawyer in this process, but whatcha gonna do?) 

If we (Art’s fans and supporters) can do anything helpful, it might only be to give Art a place to vent his frustrations during this process, and to help talk him off the ledge when he gets the first draft of a contract with the newly added attorney bullshit in it.    If Art can stay calm and remain patient, it doesn’t have to be the end of the dream.   

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Pale Horse on April 01, 2015, 12:18:21 PM
Is this the script where the Lady Ghostbusters are tasked with solving the crimes and mysteries of 9/11?

But there's yuks along the way. The gals go to a party with the Dancing Israelis and a wild night ensues. One of the gals reaches the "Mile High Club" on one of the planes evacuating the Bin Laden clan on 9/12.

SredniVashtar

I think Art is like a lot of people (myself included) who find that small irritating things are much more irritating than large irritating things. There have probably been small bits of lawyerese that are slowing him up, rather than massive roadblocks, and he comes on here to have a rant about it and make himself feel a bit better. I think people are starting to not take it all so seriously this time, and realise that he is just letting off steam and not threatening to junk the whole thing over some small detail. I think he would hardly go to the trouble of reaching this point only to throw in the towel over some minor detail that needs him to bite his tongue a bit. Maybe he has said this before, but it would  be interesting to know to what extent the support he has been getting on here has motivated him to come back. I can imagine that he might well have given it up before now, with these other problems, if he wasn't aware that there is a large base of support for him out here.

Pale Horse

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 01, 2015, 12:28:14 PM
   But there's yuks along the way. The gals go to a party with the Dancing Israelis and a wild night ensues. One of the gals reaches the "Mile High Club" on one of the planes evacuating the Bin Laden clan on 9/12.

;D ;D ;D

Perhaps Lucy Liu is available to play the lead?

Really hoping that everyone - us, Art, Art's potential Midnight in the Desert partners - can stay calm and not torpedo the whole thing if the contract comes back a little wonky. As much as lawyers are awful - and oh my god are they awful - this is the game that has to be played to get stuff done in 2015. I think we can call agree that the endgame - Art having an awesome new show that will make us all forget about Dave - is a worthwhile-enough endeavor to put up with some lawyery bullshit.

Fingers crossed.

Art Bell

Well we haggled over the terms for a Month! Now that that is done I thought they would just take the agreed apon terms and convert it into a Contract, but I am willing to bet that the Comtract comes back with God knows what in it. I hope I am wrong but usually Iam right.

I feel like that lady in the back of the car doing 35 MPH who simply says hey Iam 85 Years old, let's go.

Art

Quote from: Art Bell on April 01, 2015, 12:50:58 PM
Well we haggled over the terms for a Month! Now that that is done I thought they would just take the agreed apon terms and convert it into a Contract, but I am willing to bet that the Comtract comes back with God knows what in it. I hope I am wrong but usually Iam right.

I feel like that lady in the back of the car doing 35 MPH who simply says hey Iam 85 Years old, let's go.

Art

Ugh, yeah I can definitely see how that would suck. Hopefully, the delay is just procedural and not the result of them going back on the already-agreed upon terms in any substantive way. If they do that, then yeah, probably not the best people to partner with. Knocking on wood while keeping my fingers crossed!

Art Bell

Quote from: FightTheFuture on April 01, 2015, 12:49:37 PM

I don't want to believe, I want to know, I want to prove, I want evidence.

Belief is for those willing to accept things without real evidence.

Art

DesertFox

Art

If any of the lawyers throw a spammer in the works, we can always have Jazmunda call them...that'll hex them.

But really, you're almost there, Art...we are in the home stretch, the finishing line in sight.

lonevoice

Art
I'm guessing you're more comfortable driving the car, than being the lady sitting passively in the back of the car telling the driver to get a move on.  ;D

chinaclipper

"I don't want to believe, I want to know, I want to prove, I want evidence.

Art"

If only we could make this the mantra of every adolescent in the world!!!

Kolchak

I am willing to bet that the Comtract comes back with God knows what in it. I hope I am wrong but usually Iam right.

If they're smart, they'll recognize what an asset you are and just accept the agreed upon terms.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

HK-50

Quote from: Art Bell on April 01, 2015, 12:54:54 PM

Otherwise known as Dave Noory, Alex Jones and Dick Hoagland.

lonevoice

Quote from: chinaclipper on April 01, 2015, 01:07:21 PM
If only we could make this the mantra of every adolescent in the world!!!
While allowing that there is still magic in the world...