• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

sparty89

Quote from: zeebo on December 03, 2016, 02:20:56 AM
So did I get that right, someone else is writing George's *autobiography*?  ???

that was pretty funny.  George was steamed that Tommy revealed that someone else is writing it.

sparty89

Quote from: Étouffée on December 03, 2016, 02:31:26 AM
That POOR LITTLE TURTLE.  I hate hearing that turtle story again and again and again.

he tried to glue the shell back on.

Quote from: sparty89 on December 04, 2016, 06:08:46 PM
that was pretty funny.  George was steamed that Tommy revealed that someone else is writing it.
It's not like Noory has the brains to write a book. I wonder who ghost wrote his last one?

whoozit

Quote from: zeebo on December 03, 2016, 02:20:56 AM
So did I get that right, someone else is writing George's *autobiography*?  ???
Will this "autobiography" be found in the erotic fiction section of the bookstore?

zeebo

Quote from: sparty89 on December 04, 2016, 06:08:46 PM

Ha he was also steamed at this non-noory noory-writer for contacting various associates for relevant info. 

WOTR

Quote from: zeebo on December 05, 2016, 12:11:02 AM
Ha he was also steamed at this non-noory noory-writer for contacting various associates for relevant info.

I had no idea squirrels were so organized and vindictive.  How has something like this not befallen our favourite host?  Here is a city alderman who spoke out against squirrels gnawing trash cans.  The result?  "One (squirrel) recently sent him to the hospital with a skull fracture in a “freak bicycle accident."... The alderman flipped over the handlebars and landed with such a severe impact that he fractured his skull, broke his nose and knocked out a handful of teeth, the Chicago Tribune reported.

“I can think of no other reason for this squirrel’s actions than that it was like a suicide bomber, getting revenge...”  How does this man get a fractured skull and Noorie continues unimpeded and unpunished for a decade of suckage?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/11/22/suicide-bomber-squirrel-hospitalizes-chicago-politician-who-spoke-out-against-squirrels/?utm_term=.afc07ad1c202

goldendeal

Jorch sounds like he is about to fall asleep on this guest. Not long Cornelius will magically get through to asked a senseless question only Jorch will comprehend .

zeebo

Quote from: goldendeal on December 05, 2016, 02:18:56 AM
Jorch sounds like he is about to fall asleep on this guest. Not long Cornelius will magically get through to asked a senseless question only Jorch will comprehend .

Cornie already called in lol.

zeebo

Quote from: WOTR on December 05, 2016, 01:34:21 AM
I had no idea squirrels were so organized and vindictive.  How has something like this not befallen our favourite host?  Here is a city alderman who spoke out against squirrels gnawing trash cans. ...

We just play the 'cute & playful' role for the peanuts.  ;)

goldendeal

Quote from: zeebo on December 05, 2016, 02:30:57 AM
Cornie already called in lol.

How the hell does that guy get through every night?

albrecht

I'll bet the Venom Guest guy was surprised by Norry with his stupid question and making comments about "getting bit by bees" and questions about getting "bit" by scorpions. Norry also seemed surprised that there are different species of snakes.  The guest ended the show with some comment like "I enjoy shows that are open to so much discussion on topics" or something.

Later Norry regaled listeners about the old story about when Norry threw a turtle against the wall and his shell came off but added a new element that "he tried to glue the shell back on." Then he gave us a list of "everything that has bit him." He also made some comment about "setting something up" to help listerners get supplements and "help."

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on December 05, 2016, 02:59:47 PM
I'll bet the Venom Guest guy was surprised by Norry with his stupid question and making comments about "getting bit by bees" and questions about getting "bit" by scorpions. Norry also seemed surprised that there are different species of snakes.  The guest ended the show with some comment like "I enjoy shows that are open to so much discussion on topics" or something.

Later Norry regaled listeners about the old story about when Norry threw a turtle against the wall and his shell came off but added a new element that "he tried to glue the shell back on." Then he gave us a list of "everything that has bit him." He also made some comment about "setting something up" to help listerners get supplements and "help."
Hehehe.  Geesh, Jorch.  Just shut-up.

whoozit

Later Norry regaled listeners about the old story about when Norry threw a turtle against the wall and his shell came off but added a new element that "he tried to glue the shell back on."
George was a mean baby.  Why would he try to glue the shell onto a dead turtle?  Why not use drywall screws?

ItsOver

Quote from: whoozit on December 05, 2016, 03:40:45 PM
George was a mean baby.  Why would he try to glue the shell onto a dead turtle?  Why not use drywall screws?
The young Jorch attempting to weld the shell onto a turtle.

Quote from: ItsOver on December 05, 2016, 03:58:07 PM
The young Jorch attempting to weld the shell onto a turtle.

Hahaha!

That poor little shell-less DEAD turtle!

... Norry also seemed surprised that there are different species of snakes...

That's George.  At least he was listening.

whoozit

Quote from: Étouffée on December 05, 2016, 05:02:36 PM
Hahaha!

That poor little shell-less DEAD turtle!
Found photo of the results of George's "encounter" with a turtle.

albrecht

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on December 05, 2016, 08:51:15 PM
That's George.  At least he was listening.
I think we can put the Venom Guest into that category of a legitimately educated guest who walked away from the show saying "what the hell did I just experience" and likely called his agent or publisher and said "wtf, man." Venom Guy even was throwing softballs to Norry to make the show even more interesting- like mentioned various friends and colleagues who died or some of his exotic missions- but Norry being Norry would gloss over it, cut to break, not follow-up, or ask another version of "how do you do what do" type of Norry question.

Frequently when C2C gets a real expert on they become befuddled and confused by Norry's inane questions and then even frightened or suprised at the callers. I recall one actual science guy, after Norry and then particularly odd-ball callers, almost bewildered and likely went home to weap for the state of education in his country. Those are shows I like because it is almost like a Candid Camera show. The guest is almost wondering "is this a joke" and then when he realizes than Norry and callers are serious they either handle it with frustration, stunned bewilderment, or even a type of sadness and defeat. The legitimate guests who have already been on, or some pre-guest listening, know what to expect and just roll with it (any publicity is good publicity, etc.)

Dateline

Quote from: whoozit on December 05, 2016, 09:05:53 PM

It may be a turtle, but dead turtles do not make money.  He tried to sell it on the corner and pass it off as an alien, or mean baby dead sea monkey. 

Dateline

Do ya think that Norry some nights drinks a little too much of that "secret sauce"?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: whoozit on December 05, 2016, 09:05:53 PM

I guess ET never made it home after all.  :'(

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 05, 2016, 10:38:03 PM
I guess ET never made it home after all.  :'(
ET should've jacked the guy I saw earlier at the local HEB (grocery store) who had several gallon ziplock bags FULL of change and was using one of those "turn your change into cash" machines (with some kind of fee) to "call home."

michio

Another incident of a "whenever we talk about a controversial subject" lame excuse for losing the Intelligent Design guest's phone connection with the UnIntelligently Designed host took place. I was hoping he wasn't going to go there, but fumble-lips had not one constructive thought to share. You could hear the mini-mind was out of his element and stumbling in the dark. If it isn't printed on a 3x5 index card the rookie is helpless.

michio

sNoory was reiterating his ignorance by suggesting Intelligent Design (religion) should be taught in public schools, by saying "they don't have the guts to teach" it. I think sNoory should "have the guts" to invite this gentleman on his show to discuss ID, and to explain to him why sNoory's idea of his religion being taught in public classrooms is a crock of shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0e21oaUDeU

Rico999

Quote from: michio on December 06, 2016, 12:38:35 AM
Another incident of a "whenever we talk about a controversial subject" lame excuse for losing the Intelligent Design guest's phone connection with the UnIntelligently Designed host took place. I was hoping he wasn't going to go there, but fumble-lips had not one constructive thought to share. You could hear the mini-mind was out of his element and stumbling in the dark. If it isn't printed on a 3x5 index card the rookie is helpless.

It's always funny/sad when George tries to discuss anything "deep" --  he's truly a science illiterate.  And the best he could come up with in that 1st hour was some incomprehensible "chicken or the egg" question to the guest.  Guests put up with this crap, though, because they do sell books from their Coast appearances. 

It's a damn shame this guy has a radio program.  I wonder if his producers realize how lame he really is...

The Snorchlax

Quote from: michio on December 06, 2016, 01:29:57 AM
sNoory was reiterating his ignorance by suggesting Intelligent Design (religion) should be taught in public schools, by saying "they don't have the guts to teach" it. I think sNoory should "have the guts" to invite this gentleman on his show to discuss ID, and to explain to him why sNoory's idea of his religion being taught in public classrooms is a crock of shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0e21oaUDeU

Yeah I was hesitant to tune in to the first half because the last time Noory HAd on one of these ID people I kept cringing at the ignorance,  so I didn't turn it on I may listen on YouTube later

Your suggestion is great any way we can send it to Tommy?

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on December 05, 2016, 09:12:55 PM
... Venom Guy even was throwing softballs to Norry to make the show even more interesting- like mentioned various friends and colleagues who died or some of his exotic missions- but Norry being Norry would gloss over it, cut to break, not follow-up, or ask another version of "how do you do what do" type of Norry question.

Yep VG was a great guest in spite of the random questions.  There was one point where he mentioned protecting ecosystems by promoting them to big business as huge sources of untapped compounds.  A big and interesting idea, whose follow-up question was something like "How far can snakes jump?"

michio

Quote from: Rico999 on December 06, 2016, 01:43:25 AM
It's a damn shame this guy has a radio program.  I wonder if his producers realize how lame he really is...

It's a terrible waste of a microphone. Perhaps he's viewed as a "useful idiot" because he toes the party line. He's part of their Idiocracy.

CornyCrow

Quote from: albrecht on December 05, 2016, 09:12:55 PM
I think we can put the Venom Guest into that category of a legitimately educated guest who walked away from the show saying "what the hell did I just experience" and likely called his agent or publisher and said "wtf, man." Venom Guy even was throwing softballs to Norry to make the show even more interesting- like mentioned various friends and colleagues who died or some of his exotic missions- but Norry being Norry would gloss over it, cut to break, not follow-up, or ask another version of "how do you do what do" type of Norry question.

Frequently when C2C gets a real expert on they become befuddled and confused by Norry's inane questions and then even frightened or suprised at the callers. I recall one actual science guy, after Norry and then particularly odd-ball callers, almost bewildered and likely went home to weap for the state of education in his country. Those are shows I like because it is almost like a Candid Camera show. The guest is almost wondering "is this a joke" and then when he realizes than Norry and callers are serious they either handle it with frustration, stunned bewilderment, or even a type of sadness and defeat. The legitimate guests who have already been on, or some pre-guest listening, know what to expect and just roll with it (any publicity is good publicity, etc.)
I was waiting for some Pentecostal snake handling guy to call in, and the snake guy's reaction when he realized Noory was taking him seriously. 

Snake guy ended the show with a comment like 'I appreciate being on a show in which people show intellectual curiosity'.  I'll bet Noory took that as a thing to be proud of.