A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

I had to tune out and go back to the Fine Art stream tonight.  John seemed very uninterested and talked down to too many callers.

Morgus

Wells actually has had some interesting callers so far tonight with detailed UFO abduction stories.
At least Wells is now brave enough to do a full four hours of open lines with no guests on a Friday night show, unlike Noory who can barely handle 2 hours of open lines and even then has to cut to extra banter with 'ole Tommy.

MTB

I can't believe it, I just heard a caller whose conspiracy theory was so nuts that Wells started laughing.

Quote from: MTB on January 26, 2013, 02:36:14 AM
I can't believe it, I just heard a caller whose conspiracy theory was so nuts that Wells started laughing.

Wells laughing at anyone's theory is hilarious, this idiot think the government killed kids at Sandy Hook to take his precious guns.  That is truly whacked.

Quote from: Morgus on January 26, 2013, 02:05:50 AM
Wells actually has had some interesting callers so far tonight with detailed UFO abduction stories.
At least Wells is now brave enough to do a full four hours of open lines with no guests on a Friday night show, unlike Noory who can barely handle 2 hours of open lines and even then has to cut to extra banter with 'ole Tommy.

Morgus, I missed those calls. I came in for the second half and it was boring.

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on January 26, 2013, 03:43:00 AM
Wells laughing at anyone's theory is hilarious, this idiot think the government killed kids at Sandy Hook to take his precious guns.  That is truly whacked.

John Be Unwell and Alex Jones are two peas in the same nutball pod.

Imconfused

They are like peas and carrots. 

'nuff said.

Sleepwalker

Last night Wells milked Fukushima one more time and then directed his feeble-minded listeners to his personal website in an attempt to sell them radiation detectors.  Tonight he's going to tell his listeners not to vaccinate their kids.  Vaccines are bad, you know.  Guess Wells and his nut-ball guest never heard of smallpox, polio and other diseases eradicated by vaccines.  Wells and Noory put P.T. Barnum to shame.

VtaGeezer

I listened to some of Wells' conversation with Howard Bloom in Saturday's show. Though Blooms commentary shredded many of Wells'  fringe nut theories on Obama, conspiracies, and the NWO, Wells made no attempt to claim, let alone defend his opposing ideas.  He kept his comments to Bloom comfortably superficial and fawning.  My guess is that Wells knew he'd have been intellectually eviscerated by Bloom if he opened his piehole about world affairs.

Juan

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 27, 2013, 02:08:39 PM
My guess is that Wells knew he'd have been intellectually eviscerated by Bloom if he opened his piehole about world affairs.
Which automatically makes Wells a bit, at least, more intelligent than sNoory.

Kaiborg

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 27, 2013, 02:08:39 PM
I listened to some of Wells' conversation with Howard Bloom in Saturday's show. Though Blooms commentary shredded many of Wells'  fringe nut theories on Obama, conspiracies, and the NWO,

And don't forget "big pharma".  It was nice hearing Bloom drop some rational insight, a true rarity for C2C these days.

Nebraska888

I enjoyed Wells both Friday and Saturday nights.  He may not be "perfect", but the man has a brain and is able to effectively communicate with his guests.  Once again, I'll take Wells a billion times over Noory....there is NO contest.  As always, Knapp is the most capable host of all.

michio

Quote from: Kaiborg on January 27, 2013, 02:18:55 PM
And don't forget "big pharma".  It was nice hearing Bloom drop some rational insight, a true rarity for C2C these days.

It was refreshing, indeed. I was shocked that Wells would let Bloom offer his own positive experiences with the products of 'big pharma' and those "autism causing vaccines" during the first half of the show. Of course, in the second half he forgot much of what had learned in the first half as he ran with the callers predicted hysteria saying vaccines damaged them or their children beyond belief. It is a paranoia-fueled show under the guidance of the captain and his first mate, after all.

I especially enjoyed Bloom's slap-down of Andrew Wakefield who is one of Noory's favorite heroes of medicine, and a proven fraud who was stripped of his license to practice medicine in the United States and United Kingdom. Simple George loves underdogs, or he just likes having frauds as friends and guests.

mombird3

It was a good show Saturday night. I thought Wells was good with bloom. This show was so much better than Noory. Wells asked good questions.

Nebraska888

Quote from: mombird3 on January 28, 2013, 12:54:59 AM
It was a good show Saturday night. I thought Wells was good with bloom. This show was so much better than Noory. Wells asked good questions.

Yes.....Wells has a brain and is ENGAGED!  I honestly think that maybe Wells and Rob Simone along with Knapp and Punnett could work out a schedule that would accommodate Knapp and Punnett's schedules..........well, at least in what I would describe as a PERFECT WORLD! 

Nebraska888

I am listening to SIT with Art and the Shadow People interview.....awesome!

I will stay up and listen to John B Wells tonight.  I don't care, John rocks compared to GN!  Wells is NOT my favorite host.....but, geez......he's still SO MUCH BETTER!

wisconsinguy

Wells has a deep voice which can be misleading.  If you actually listen, he's even dumber than George Noory, if you can believe it.

Two of Wells' hits:
   "Anything else?"
   "We have plenty of time so you can just take it away."

Now THAT'S great radio!

Another Wells trick is to comment completely off topic.  Something like, "Well maybe bigfoot is a multidimensional being, but what about Obama?  Is he really a communist, or just a Nazi?"

morphiaflow

Quote from: wisconsinguy on February 03, 2013, 01:19:45 AM
Wells has a deep voice which can be misleading.  If you actually listen, he's even dumber than George Noory, if you can believe it.

I've been saying *exactly* this about Wells from almost the beginning. He IS dumber than Noory, who at least seems to have SOME professional radio skills and training. With Wells you get dead air, pauses, ums, repetition, and when he DOES say something, it's invariably incendiary, inflammatory (and redundant) and insensitive.  (EVERYTHING is a government/false flag effort, up to and including Sandy Hook--and he treats Alex Jones like a God.) He is dumber than a box of rocks. He's a VOICEOVER GUY. He's the radio/aural equivalent of an underwear model (NOT that I want to put that image out there). He's got a great voice, but what he uses it for--idiotic, pseudo-dramatic statements, underinformed questions and a preconceived agenda of where he's going to take EVERY guest and topic is tiresome after 10 minutes.

Add to that his absolutely shameless and transparent ass-licking of Noory (not to mention how often he compares himself to Art Bell on air) and you have THE single worst host Coast has ever had. I never heard any of the Mike Siegel episodes, but I bet even HE would be more listenable. Wells is an absolutely empty, arrogant waste of airspace.

Grandma

I am here, looking for a shoulder to whine on, and relieved to find I'm not alone. Attempting to listen to Wells tonight, but it is stressing. I think he has really topped Noory in lack of show prep for tonight, and went on and on speaking of Gen. McChrystal as if he were Gen. Petraeus, who had the affair, until the guest finally corrected him. The guest, Rolling Stone reporter, is ill-equipped to bail Wells out, as he says 'you know' more frequently than Caroline Kennedy. Tonight's show - The lame leading the lame. It is off to Fineartstream.com for me!

Doomed

I dont know who this guest is, but if he says "ya know" one more time, this radio is going out the window!!! Sonuvabitch is driving me batshit crazy!!!!

morphiaflow

Quote from: Grandma on February 03, 2013, 02:11:46 AM
The guest, Rolling Stone reporter, is ill-equipped to bail Wells out, as he say 'you know' more frequently than Caroline Kennedy.

I was so concerned that it was the BEST Rolling Stone reporter, Matt Taibbi, that I had to rush to the actual C2C site to make sure it wasn't. Fortunately it's not. Taibbi's brilliance would be utterly lost on latter day Coast, any of the hosts but Knapp or Ian anyway. Now Taibbi and Art, on the other hand....

In any case, this is another Wells episode I will go out of my way to miss.

WOTR

Quote from: morphiaflow on February 03, 2013, 01:50:13 AM
...Wells is an absolutely empty, arrogant waste of airspace.
After reading recent praise of Wells (even those suggesting that he be a host if Bell gets a new show) I decided to listen for the first time in a few months and it lasted maybe 10 minutes.  The dead air, the stammering to form a word and the painful attempt to string those words into sentences is unreal. 

The guest asked Wells what he thought and there was dead air followed by the guest trying for attention by saying John?  Wells said he stepped on a button a little too hard and it malfunctioned (yeah, right.)  Then John offers to give three thoughts on the subject repeats one of them twice in order to come up with his three reasons (and it was verbatim- not just rephrased.)  After that he makes a very feeble attempt to tie a past guest who talked about economics into a helicopter hovering over Miami shooting blanks by saying that the guest talking of economics had declared June as the month that things will fall apart by.  He cannot seem to think before he tries (and I stress tries) to make a point.  I honestly say (and it is neither untrue nor an exaggeration) that I would sooner Noory was invited to guest host a new Art Bell program than Wells.

I have never heard the words "you know" so much. Lucky this guy is a writer.

Grandma

Quote from: Doomed on February 03, 2013, 02:28:46 AM
I dont know who this guest is, but if he says "ya know" one more time, this radio is going out the window!!! Sonuvabitch is driving me batshit crazy!!!!
That is what I was trying to say, in a roundabout way. Thanks for stating it right to the point, and using one of my personal favorite terms. Why don't you give John B. a "jingle', as he just said.

CrabbyOld Bat

I don't know if he's dumber than Snorge but Wells definitely sucks and he's a dangerous crackpot to boot. (I don't give a rat's behind about his deep voice. Big deal!) At times he's all but told people to start a civil war. And his nutball conspiracy theory about the Sandy Hook tragedy was truly disgusting; no regard for the children who were murdered and no compassion for their families. 

Can you tell I don't like him?

valdez

Quote from: WOTR on February 03, 2013, 02:33:55 AM
... dead air...
Quote from: Doomed on February 03, 2013, 02:28:46 AM
...if he says "ya know" one more time...
Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on February 03, 2013, 02:56:21 AM
I have never heard the words "you know" so much....

I thought that "dead air" thing also odd.  Stringing together a bunch of words before actually formulating a thought is Wells' thing, but the "what do you think?" question from David Seaman completely short circuited him.  My first impression of Micheal Hastings was that he's a weasel.  He was the guy who hung out with Gen. McCrystal in Afghanistan, wrote a piece about it for Rolling Stone, and got the general fired.  I've never thought much of these journalist who tag along with our troops, are protected by them (not in some esoteric "they defend our rights" way, but literally, as in the "somebody is shooting at us" way) and then they write stuff that brings the heat on our guys.  Yeah, I know, freedom of speech, whatever.  McCrystal should have also known better.  After the interview my impression of Hastings was that he's a snickering weasel who says "you know" a lot.  I think he was high.

Hastings

slipstream

Quote from: valdez on February 03, 2013, 06:51:49 AM

I thought that "dead air" thing also odd.  Stringing together a bunch of words before actually formulating a thought is Wells' thing, but the "what do you think?" question from David Seaman completely short circuited him.  My first impression of Micheal Hastings was that he's a weasel.  He was the guy who hung out with Gen. McCrystal in Afghanistan, wrote a piece about it for Rolling Stone, and got the general fired.  I've never thought much of these journalist who tag along with our troops, are protected by them (not in some esoteric "they defend our rights" way, but literally, as in the "somebody is shooting at us" way) and then they write stuff that brings the heat on our guys.  Yeah, I know, freedom of speech, whatever.  McCrystal should have also known better.  After the interview my impression of Hastings was that he's a snickering weasel who says "you know" a lot.  I think he was high.

Your idea is so contrary to the  1st amendment.  We need a free press to report the honest truth.

onan

Quote from: valdez on February 03, 2013, 06:51:49 AM

...freedom of speech, whatever. 

Freedom of speech doesn't work if it only says what makes you feel comfortable. Whatever.

Sardondi

Quote from: slipstream on February 03, 2013, 08:42:59 AM
Your idea is so contrary to the  1st amendment.  We need a free press to report the honest truth.

? But there is nothing about valdez's statement which is "contrary to the 1st Amendment". There is a disconnect between your first statement and your second. onan has it right, below...

Quote from: onan on February 03, 2013, 11:31:51 AM
Freedom of speech doesn't work if it only says what makes you feel comfortable.

Thank you. That statement needs to be engraved on our hearts. While onan may have been gently chiding one of either valdez or slipstream, the statement is just as applicable. What I don't understand is how valdez's statement that he doesn't like reporters betraying their subjects is somehow "contrary to the 1st Amendment". Huh? Isn't that like trying to use the First Amendment to shut someone up? valdez can't express his feelings about how Hastings ingratiated himself with McChrystal, developed a relationship and a sense of trust, and then gutted McChrystal? That's not how it works.

I wonder how some people would have reacted to Hastings if he had, say, snitched off marijuana dealers after living with them, or revealed terribly embarrassing events or damaging conversations with Obama officials? We'd have heard a lot more of the "weasel" talk about him then, because many would have made a value judgment about the subject and the content. And that's just not how it works, as much as sometimes we might want it to. The principle which must always be observed is: You can't pick and choose the ideas which are to be protected. End of story.

The general's mistake was to let someone from Rolling Stone into camp in the first place.  Rolling Stone?  Seriously?  This is a magazine that tells us what music Madison Avenue thinks we should be listening to, mixed in with some obnoxious Mother Jones type reporting.  Of course Hastings was there to play 'gotcha'.

Was it really necessary to honor the 1st Amendment by telling the world that the generals staff would have a few drinks, let off some steam, and make comments such as refering to Joe Biden as Joe 'Bite-me'?   This is the kind of stuff that makes most Americans detest the media in our country.