• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Kidnostad3

Quote from: PaulAtreides on October 27, 2017, 03:20:46 PM
Well, aren't you (short bus) special.  For the record, I've only posted herein under one name and Trump's victory only supports the concept erroneously attributed to P.T. Barnum.

Uh huh.  I think it’s a case of your coming back in a different guise in order to save face because you and others really showed you asses.   It’s either that or you all are cookie cutter copies programmed to spout the same tediously inane shit.  Why don’t you tell us how close you are to reclaiming California for Mexico or was it the whole west coast you were going for.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 27, 2017, 11:37:17 AM

Hmm, but it seems (so far because it could all change this afternoon) that those who do pay income tax and not the uber rich, will pay more. The debt has to be paid for somehow, but the GOP can't agree how that is to be done. They're up against Trump who has gone on record as saying he loves debt; Probably because he doesn't pay his.

Indeed. Money laundering and tax evasion go hand in hand. There'll be no tweeting or 2 scoops in NY state prison. SAD!

Lt.Uhura

Well! It's a good thing Trump cleaned up that swamp in DC! Otherwise it might look like that multi-million dollar deal to rebuild Puerto Rico's electrical system was an inside deal. By coincidence, Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke just happens to come from Whitefish, Montana, where the 2 year old--and until recently, two-man Whitefish Energy Holdings is based. What a lucky couple of guys to have scored such a huge project from the U.S. Government!

Last week, a tiny company in Montana called Whitefish Energy Holdings announced that it had been given a $300 million contract with Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority to help restore electricity on the island, which was severely damaged last month by Hurricane Maria. As we reported, that deal was met with surprise and suspicion from many: The project is enormous, and Whitefish is a two-year-old firm that until recently had just two full-time employees.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/10/27/560422492/heres-what-s-in-that-300-million-whitefish-contract

...And just in case someone might question the deal, the contract conveniently has a no government audit or review clause. No transparency required when spending U.S. taxpayer money in Trumpworld.

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/923741769719779328

🐊🐊🐊🐊🐊🐊🐊
Making America Great Again...One (or two) cronies at a time

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 24, 2017, 04:36:40 PM
So, Conservatives want taxes lowered at the same time as they want trade deals abrogated

i said renegotiated or abandoned if they don't benefit the american worker.  i don't think the average conservative is against trade deals.  just those designed to fleece the middle class while benefiting a global corporate elite who hold no allegiance to any country.

which would result in higher prices.

so when our leaders sell out their own people in order to shore up the wealth of a global corporate elite who sleep with said leaders, just sit back and take it mr. and ms. america, because "higher prices."  i wonder how forcefully you express concern over "higher prices" when the ACA is discussed.

Well, given that conservatives wouldn't know reality if it bit them on the ass...

i mean... ok?  i don't really have time for this.

GravitySucks

Sounds like they did drain the swamp.  Would you have been happier if they gave it to Haliburton?

I read somewhere that everyone else wanted too much money up front. 

I would be more suspicious if the company did not exist until after the hurricane.

I don't know why the tweet concentrated on the contract clause. All it really says is the labor rates they used were just developed for this contract and their is no history to perform an audit against.

As far as the per diem, how many rooms are available in PR right now, and how much do they cost? That is less than a night in DC.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 24, 2017, 06:36:30 PM
...mostly because of his pointless tweets and commentary...

if you think trump's legislative agenda (the bulk of which the gop has masqueraded as supporting for generations) is on hold because of twitter, you should just stop paying attention to politics because you've got shit instincts and even less impressive critical thinking skills.  further, if you don't understand why trump tweets and can't see how he's repeatedly been able to steer multi-day news cycles to his benefit by doing so, then i can't help you.

i get it.  you like your politicians to be politicians.  polished, polite, deferential, proper, conventional, losing with honor... that's the PB (and mccain/romney) way.  i'll bet you've been so proud over the last 30 years as your ideal gop hack politician has grown the debt, brought in tens of millions more illegals, sold manufacturing to hostile nations, and blown lives and treasure on stupid foreign military adventures that certainly don't honor the lives of our fallen soldiers.

just as you did on the morning of nov 9, you'll have further pounds of egg on your face in a couple of years.  your analysis, i say again, has eaten fat wrestler ass for two years now.  i don't even know why you would bother sparring with someone who has so little respect for you or your opinions, and i don't know why i'm bothering to hear lectures about advancing conservative ideas from some dummy in san francisco who was disappointed to see HRC lose.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PaulAtreides on October 24, 2017, 08:30:04 PM
Great to see Republicans in an internecine battle for control of the party.  I love it when they eat their young.

it is great.  it needed to happen long ago.

Quote from: mv on October 28, 2017, 01:51:42 AM
if you think trump's legislative agenda (the bulk of which the gop has masqueraded as supporting for generations) is on hold because of twitter, you should just stop paying attention to politics because you've got shit instincts and even less impressive critical thinking skills.  further, if you don't understand why trump tweets and can't see how he's repeatedly been able to steer multi-day news cycles to his benefit by doing so, then i can't help you.

i get it.  you like your politicians to be politicians.  polished, polite, deferential, proper, conventional, losing with honor... that's the PB (and mccain/romney) way.  i'll bet you've been so proud over the last 30 years as your ideal gop hack politician has grown the debt, brought in tens of millions more illegals, sold manufacturing to hostile nations, and blown lives and treasure on stupid foreign military adventures that certainly don't honor the lives of our fallen soldiers.

just as you did on the morning of nov 9, you'll have further pounds of egg on your face in a couple of years.  your analysis, i say again, has eaten fat wrestler ass for two years now.  i don't even know why you would bother sparring with someone who has so little respect for you or your opinions, and i don't know why i'm bothering to hear lectures about advancing conservative ideas from some dummy in san francisco who was disappointed to see HRC lose.

You're an idiot

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 25, 2017, 03:00:54 AM
I take this as a thinly veiled confession of your love for Hillary.  :D

Buck up, skipper! Living in SF has you all messed up inside.  ;D

he considered seppuku at 8am nov 9.  count on it.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 28, 2017, 01:25:55 AM
Sounds like they did drain the swamp.  Would you have been happier if they gave it to Haliburton?

I read somewhere that everyone else wanted too much money up front. 

I would be more suspicious if the company did not exist until after the hurricane.

I don't know why the tweet concentrated on the contract clause. All it really says is the labor rates they used were just developed for this contract and their is no history to perform an audit against.

As far as the per diem, how many rooms are available in PR right now, and how much do they cost? That is less than a night in DC.

The MSM and the left writ large have no understanding of business, contracting and much else about adult life.   They just point and wail like a zombie at something they know little about instead of doing their homework and getting the story right.  How many times in the last year have we witnessed these meatheads running around with their hair on fire telling us that a disaster of biblical proportions was at hand due to Republican skulduggery only to  learn later that it was all a politically motivated lie and the real evil doers are Democrats?

https://youtu.be/ImvrTNbMDhg

Swishypants

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on October 28, 2017, 02:01:58 AM

https://youtu.be/ImvrTNbMDhg

You still lookin' for a 214, you triggered lifer bitch? I'll be that sounds just like you do! :)

TigerLily

Just dropped in to see how you boys were taking the news about the indictment. Imagine my surprise when I see blank space. But then I see the Hillary thread is jumping. Interesting. Somewhat

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: TigerLily on October 29, 2017, 12:54:09 AM
Just dropped in to see how you boys were taking the news about the indictment. Imagine my surprise when I see blank space. But then I see the Hillary thread is jumping. Interesting. Somewhat

Hi Ms.Lily!

Yes, dead silence over here while they try to distract themselves with the no longer relevant Hillary Clinton. "But...Hillary!"

I'm so looking forward to Monday's episode of Celebrity President when one of Trump's cronies is taken into custody. Who do you think will be the first one to go??
🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

Swishypants

Black & White Cookie TIME! You two Communist Ho's bounce on a double sided rope of Red Licorice for me! :)

Swishypants

http://www.foodandwine.com/slideshows/louisiana-thanksgiving-dinner#1

I'm substituting the Turkey with Duck, but this is Thanksgiving at my house. I sure could use the ole "Mammy" treatment in the bedroom afterward Uhura! ;) Lets get some Coonass-style lovin' goin' on!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on October 29, 2017, 04:54:34 AM
Hi Ms.Lily!

Yes, dead silence over here while they try to distract themselves with the no longer relevant Hillary Clinton. "But...Hillary!"

I'm so looking forward to Monday's episode of Celebrity President when one of Trump's cronies is taken into custody. Who do you think will be the first one to go??
🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

The early arrests will be picking at the edge of the shoal. I'm betting financial (Money laundering, tax evasion) to begin with, make em squeak a bit, especially if Flynn Snr has the prospect of his son being arrested too. Then the games will begin. I was expecting early next year before the first arrests happened, but if as has been touted, tomorrow is the kick off then it'll just roll along...Pence might be getting his wife to measure the WH up for curtains before Christmas?

It will be very interesting to know if Trump can be restrained and/or stop himself tweeting or making comments to Fox about his former employees/friends/subjects situation. His usual MO is to deny he met them or they were minor players in the campaign (such as campaign managers etc).

This morning his lawyer had to say that what Trump had tweeted wasn't what it seemed like it did to anyone reading them! Mueller won't see it like that either! LOL

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 29, 2017, 03:21:51 PM

The early arrests will be picking at the edge of the shoal. I'm betting financial (Money laundering, tax evasion) to begin with, make em squeak a bit, especially if Flynn Snr has the prospect of his son being arrested too. Then the games will begin. I was expecting early next year before the first arrests happened, but if as has been touted, tomorrow is the kick off then it'll just roll along...Pence might be getting his wife to measure the WH up for curtains before Christmas?

It will be very interesting to know if Trump can be restrained and/or stop himself tweeting or making comments to Fox about his former employees/friends/subjects situation. His usual MO is to deny he met them or they were minor players in the campaign (such as campaign managers etc).

This morning his lawyer had to say that what Trump had tweeted wasn't what it seemed like it did to anyone reading them! Mueller won't see it like that either! LOL
If anything it will likely be someone on Title 18, United States Code, Section 1001 which is what they can get many people on, even if they don't have enough evidence on some other crime.

Also due to odd particularity of FBI procedures it can end up as a "he said, she said" and the only evidence is the agents (usually interviewed by two) and their recollections of the interview as noted on FD-302. So who is a Grand Jury etc going to believe two FBI agents and their paper report or a suspect?

I'm not claiming that the FBI agents would lie but in a modern age to rely solely on an agent's recollections and notes instead of videotaping and audio recording the interviews is a bit "odd." FBI claims it makes people "more comfortable" but, more likely, it is so they can get people on a Title 18, United States Code, Section 1001 and then get plea them out, flip them into informants, etc. This is why the FBI prohibits them recording the interview, in my opinion. Now days, in many places, even a beat cop records events- but Federal Agents won't?  :o

Good article on this note. (Note you don't even need to be under oath or to have been informed of your rights to be prosecuted.)
http://corporate.findlaw.com/litigation-disputes/how-to-avoid-going-to-jail-under-18-u-s-c-section-1001-for-lying.html

ps: here is an interesting scenario about how broad Title 18, United States Code, Section 1001 as interpreted these days:

"you do not have to know that lying to the government is a crime or even that the matter you are lying about is "within the jurisdiction" of a government agency. United States v. Yermian, 468 U.S. 63, 69 (1984). For example, if you lie to your employer on your time and attendance records and, unbeknownst to you, he submits your records, along with those of other employees, to the federal government pursuant to some regulatory duty, you could be criminally liable." (Not that I would advise anyone to lie to their employer one would normally not think it would be a "federal case.")

Gd5150

Quote from: Swishypants on October 29, 2017, 05:31:46 AM
http://www.foodandwine.com/slideshows/louisiana-thanksgiving-dinner#1

I'm substituting the Turkey with Duck, but this is Thanksgiving at my house.

Sounds pretty good. Might I suggest deep frying a turkey.

https://youtu.be/EYkRF_FmD40

Gd5150

Quote from: albrecht on October 29, 2017, 03:48:35 PM
If anything it will likely be someone on Title 18, United States Code, Section 1001 which is what they can get many people on, even if they don't have enough evidence on some other crime.

Also due to odd particularity of FBI procedures it can end up as a "he said, she said" and the only evidence is the agents (usually interviewed by two) and their recollections of the interview as noted on FD-302. So who is a Grand Jury etc going to believe two FBI agents and their paper report or a suspect?

I'm not claiming that the FBI agents would lie but in a modern age to rely solely on an agent's recollections and notes instead of videotaping and audio recording the interviews is a bit "odd." FBI claims it makes people "more comfortable" but, more likely, it is so they can get people on a Title 18, United States Code, Section 1001 and then get plea them out, flip them into informants, etc. This is why the FBI prohibits them recording the interview, in my opinion. Now days, in many places, even a beat cop records events- but Federal Agents won't?  :o

Good article on this note. (Note you don't even need to be under oath or to have been informed of your rights to be prosecuted.)
http://corporate.findlaw.com/litigation-disputes/how-to-avoid-going-to-jail-under-18-u-s-c-section-1001-for-lying.html

ps: here is an interesting scenario about how broad Title 18, United States Code, Section 1001 as interpreted these days:

"you do not have to know that lying to the government is a crime or even that the matter you are lying about is "within the jurisdiction" of a government agency. United States v. Yermian, 468 U.S. 63, 69 (1984). For example, if you lie to your employer on your time and attendance records and, unbeknownst to you, he submits your records, along with those of other employees, to the federal government pursuant to some regulatory duty, you could be criminally liable." (Not that I would advise anyone to lie to their employer one would normally not think it would be a "federal case.")
Sounds about right. No question the DNC/Mueller Team is panicking after last week and the house of cards collapsing on their so-called “investigation”. Too much focus on their corruption and the uranium one deal and the fake dossier that was purchased by the dnc as a vehicle to open illegal
Wiretaps that...”never happened”. It’s classic Clintonian politics.

So like has been going on for over a year. The media will have a 24hr orgasm over the nothing burger of the week, which will of course lead the lemmings to the gab for the next 24hrs to gloat. As usual they’ll have nothing to add other than what the CNN tells them to think. By Wednesday details will come out, putting this latest nothing burger in perspective, and the story will be focused elsewhere, with all the lemmings disappearing again until the next MSM orgasm.

Isn’t it funny they leaked the story on a Saturday. Only thing worse than leaking it on a Friday. That says it all. 😄😄😄

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gd5150 on October 29, 2017, 04:26:29 PM

Is that what people will look like in the future when all racial differences have been eliminated?  ???

albrecht

Quote from: mv on October 28, 2017, 01:24:49 AM
i usually think of them as "cia news," but that's fine.
Yeah, it could go either way, I guess.  Now that Amazon owns The Washington Post and also hosts lots of government cloud hosting stuff, including CIA, and that Bezos and the Inside The Beltway swamp crowd hate Trump I'm sure there will be lots of good, non-biased reporting and no convenient security leaks that would hurt the administration.

Quote from: Gd5150 on October 29, 2017, 04:26:29 PM
Sounds about right. No question the DNC/Mueller Team is panicking after last week and the house of cards collapsing on their so-called “investigation”. Too much focus on their corruption and the uranium one deal and the fake dossier that was purchased by the dnc as a vehicle to open illegal

Last week's focus on the real ''Russia collusion'' being between the Clintons securing 20% of our uranium supply for the Russians - with a big assist from Obama; followed up with Clinton campaign payments ultimately to the Russians for fake info to use to support Obama's fraudulent FISO warrants, and to inject into the election process set off alarms bells.

Mueller, being part of both the uranium and false info scandals, is expected to protect Obama and the Clintons at all costs, rushed to annouce an upcoming indictment to take the media focus away from them.  He had to announce charges just to get the media attention back on Trump, then spend the weekend figuring out who to actually charge, and for what.

They don't have anything releated to the original chages of Trump collusion, because there's nothing to get.  That they can invent charges for other crimes was never in doubt.  Predictable and prediced.  Let's see 'em.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: albrecht on October 29, 2017, 03:48:35 PM

Also due to odd particularity of FBI procedures it can end up as a "he said, she said" and the only evidence...

I can't see Mueller's thorough investigation leading to a weak he said, she said conclusion.  Among the bits of information that have surfaced from the investigation, it looks like Mueller wisely followed the money, which can be laborous and convoluted, but often yields to a solid paper trail of criminal malfeasance. Possible clues to charges include looking into tax filings (both Federal and NY state), and real estate transactions--some of it likely involving Russian money, historically rife with political corruption.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 29, 2017, 05:46:48 PM
Last week's focus on the real ''Russia collusion'' being between the Clintons securing 20% of our uranium supply for the Russians - with a big assist from Obama; followed up with Clinton campaign payments ultimately to the Russians for fake info to use to support Obama's fraudulent FISO warrants, and to inject into the election process set off alarms bells.

Mueller, being part of both the uranium and false info scandals, is expected to protect Obama and the Clintons at all costs, rushed to annouce an upcoming indictment to take the media focus away from them.  He had to announce charges just to get the media attention back on Trump, then spend the weekend figuring out who to actually charge, and for what.

They don't have anything releated to the original chages of Trump collusion, because there's nothing to get.  That they can invent charges for other crimes was never in doubt.  Predictable and prediced.  Let's see 'em.

Yeah, if there's even a snowball's chance in hell based on bullshit the Dems are always, Get him! but when there's overwhelming evidence against them they're like, Everyone should just be patient. We'll just have to wait and see.  ::)

Fuck that! Let's get them! Who's with me?  >:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3__NN16uoXk