• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151208 - David Jacobs - Alien Experimentation - Live Art Bell Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, December 08, 2015, 10:53:48 AM

ShayP

Quote from: bateman on December 09, 2015, 01:48:39 AM
Same reaction. That cover sent chills down my spine. Then I saw the movie and was traumatized for another couple years.

Huh? What?  No...I understand.  Just know I'm here for you.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on December 09, 2015, 01:56:45 AM
Same. But I think it was something intrinsic and like an editor put it on to scare? Like a baby bird knows a shadow of a hawk causes concern....maybe not. And, if so, why would a human have these reactions?

I was in my 20's and this is pre interweb, so all UFO stuff was hard copy. So not as prolific as it is now and we were a lot less innured to things. The primal fear of something that is terrifying to us. Being out of control. The story he wrote had to be true (didn't it? ) because it's clarity was him living it. I read it knowing the next page/ chapter would scare the shit out of me. But I had to know.

Quote from: albrecht on December 09, 2015, 01:56:45 AM
Same. But I think it was something intrinsic and like an editor put it on to scare? Like a baby bird knows a shadow of a hawk causes concern....maybe not. And, if so, why would a human have these reactions?

I guess we could be hypnotically regressed but the one time a professional tried to hypnotize me, he failed.

Coffeeman

Quote from: bateman on December 09, 2015, 01:48:39 AM
Same reaction. That cover sent chills down my spine. Then I saw the movie and was traumatized for another couple years.

Man, I was afraid of grays when I was a kid. My dad's ethos was always "face your fear", so I read the book when I was fifth grade. Got really good at X-COM, too.

BellBoy

Quote from: bateman on December 09, 2015, 01:51:46 AM
Can you even find your balls, you drunk old fuck?

:-*
Quote from: Barfly on December 09, 2015, 01:55:12 AM
No

Take a look in the toilet, that's where I found mine. I think you'll find them sitting just below water level, as you shit.  ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 09, 2015, 12:37:33 AM
No, he's just a charlatan. Here's what his coauthor and publisher has to say about him with the filters off. Scroll about 1/3 of the way down to the B. Face on Mars section.

http://www.richardgrossinger.com/2010/03/the-north-atlantic-books-list-2-categories/

I read the article and even though he points out that Hoagland is half Jimmy Swaggart and half Carl Sagan he never completely dismisses Hoagland's theories regarding Mars and, in fact, still seems to be supportive of his premises if not his conclusion.

ItsOver

I fell asleep after the first hour, last night.  What was the "shocking" news?  That there was nothing new to report from Jacobs?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 09, 2015, 08:37:06 AM
I read the article and even though he points out that Hoagland is half Jimmy Swaggart and half Carl Sagan he never completely dismisses Hoagland's theories regarding Mars and, in fact, still seems to be supportive of his premises if not his conclusion.

That's because he coauthored a book with Hoagland on Pluto. Cha-ching.

ZomZom

And the winning quote is, "When they grabbed the hot pockets I was out of there."

Enjoyed the show but I am partial to Jacobs ever since I read Secret Life in the 90s.  I was hoping Art would have the un-pregnant woman on or at least the nurse.  If Jacobs could bring on some of his abductees for Art to interview that would be awesome.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: ItsOver on December 09, 2015, 10:31:29 AM
I fell asleep after the first hour, last night.  What was the "shocking" news?  That there was nothing new to report from Jacobs?

There was no shocking news.  I think Jacobs was ready to claim the pregnant woman whose fetus disappeared was the work of aliens attempting to create hubrids.  As usual, there is no evidence.  Medical explanation is likely fetal reabsorption or simply miscarriage (yes, woman do miscarry without being aware of it.) 

There are indeed some strange phenomena in medicine that would make interesting topics, but aliens abducting fetuses isn't one of them (imo)

anunnaki

Jacobs= Another Book Seller !

We need a separate listing for "guests" under the title "Book Sellers" !

I'm tired of their obvious shit.

Auslandia

What's the difference between Jacobs and the Lemriel talking about Seres? Not much.  Both assure they're speaking the truth.  Both have ZERO proof.  Art lays into Lemriel because of it.  Then he says that Jacobs is one of his most important guests...wait for it....EVER.  Seriously?  Ever?

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Auslandia on December 09, 2015, 09:24:12 PM
What's the difference between Jacobs and the Lemriel talking about Seres? Not much.  Both assure they're speaking the truth.  Both have ZERO proof.  Art lays into Lemriel because of it.  Then he says that Jacobs is one of his most important guests...wait for it....EVER.  Seriously?  Ever?

I think Art has used the "ever" word a few times.   ;D