• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151204 - Art Bell Open Lines - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, December 04, 2015, 04:13:10 PM

albrecht

If one reads news ISIS/SI/ISIL WANT a final battle there. IS is even more diabolical than the usual Brit-Brezenski-Kissinger-NeoCon normal dealings.

trostol

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 04, 2015, 11:55:14 PM
I've been playing Zep for 40 years.  Guitar  :)

i swear if i get some extra money..i am buying a bass lol

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 04, 2015, 11:42:54 PM
The Who Sell Out is my favorite.  Some great songs on it like Miles and Mary Ann With The Shaky Hand.  Damn, all I can think about tonight is sex and my wife's asleep.  Can't wake her up because she's got to be up early. What to do?
AAAaargh - that is sooooooooo begging for a snarky 'mushroom stamp' response, but you're cool 21st, so I won't do that. ;)     ;D

AG Lynch would rather censor the free speech of people that criticize the killers.

Quote from: albrecht on December 04, 2015, 11:55:52 PM
If one reads news ISIS/SI/ISIL WANT a final battle there. IS is even more diabolical than the usual Brit-Brezenski-Kissinger-NeoCon normal dealings.

They have a new name. D'aesh or something like that.  I heard the Brit Foreign Secretary refer to Isis as this.  It's less UUUUHHH-FENNN-sive as a certain talk show host might say.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: zeebo on December 04, 2015, 11:56:26 PM
More than Stairway?   ;D

Uh yeah, more than Stairway.  I can play pretty much every single song.  I practiced a lot.

The first song I really worked on was Over the Hills.  I used to play the opening section over and over for one hour straight.  That works.

K_Dubb

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on December 04, 2015, 11:53:12 PM
;D Good one K ;D

She wasn't on near long enough.  Of all the speech impediments, that is probably the most charming.

zeebo

We need to plan a bellgab field trip back to 1975.  Just think of all the bands at the top of their game back then ... Zep, Stones, Who, Yes, Floyd, Steely D, etc, etc

WOTR

Quote from: zeebo on December 04, 2015, 11:50:28 PM
Damn shoulda figured someone'd do the math.  Ok, Mars then.   :P
You have to love this place.  You can always count on somebody to look it up or know the right answer...

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on December 04, 2015, 11:57:21 PM
AAAaargh - that is sooooooooo begging for a snarky 'mushroom stamp' response, but you're cool 21st, so I won't do that. ;)     ;D

LOL.  Thanks man.  I think I'm better now.  I'm thinking about how much I hate Isis now.  However, if something sexy comes up on the thread or some sexy girl starts talking to Art again, look out.

Rix Gins

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 04, 2015, 11:55:14 PM
I've been playing Zep for 40 years.  Guitar  :)

"I could play " Stairway to Heaven" when I was 12... Jimmy Page didn't write it till he was 22,  I think that says a lot about me, don't you?".   Vim from "Bad News."

Quote from: albrecht on December 04, 2015, 11:55:52 PM

They are the true nature of Islam, the pure expression of it, unadorned with PC BS. Our people don't yet realize this yet, that this fight will not ever go away until Islam goes away, they think the fight maybe civil rights battles of 1960, while Islam gets free multi cult range, Islam maybe the civil rights battle of our time and the foreseeable future, the left always want a doom and gloom battle, but when it gets real, like it has with Islam they run and hide from the fight.

Quote from: trostol on December 04, 2015, 11:52:55 PM
no..but there are some i could...pass over lol
Aye, there are some that require you to be in a unique mood. ;)

Rocky4228

I'm sure she was referring to hate speech.  Frankly, that should be monitored.  Plenty innocent Muslims are being harassed and attacked.

Sean92008

Quote from: zeebo on December 04, 2015, 11:54:22 PM
Didn't think of that, but actually I was just reading that VLC has some kind of vocal stripper in there, thought of playing with it, but I'm lazy.

I think my recording software has a VST plug-in (a freebie) called Vocal Zap.  Thing is, there's a ton of isolated tracks.  I mean drums only, bass only, etc.  It was so incredible to hear Gimme Shelter from the Stones.  Bill Wyman was buzzy and a bit sloppy.  I felt so much better about my playing.

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/deconstructing_gimme_shelter_listen

zeebo

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 04, 2015, 11:58:45 PM
Uh yeah, more than Stairway.  I can play pretty much every single song.  I practiced a lot.

Even stuff with crazy phrasings like Song Remains the Same?  I've been playing just Babe I'm Gonna Leave You for like twenty years and still can't get it.

Zenman

Quote from: zeebo on December 04, 2015, 11:59:21 PM
We need to plan a bellgab field trip back to 1975.  Just think of all the bands at the top of their game back then ... Zep, Stones, Who, Yes, Floyd, Steely D, etc, etc

Yes. Jethro Tull & ELP also.

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 04, 2015, 11:58:45 PM

The first song I really worked on was Over the Hills.  I used to play the opening section over and over for one hour straight.  That works.

Speaking of.  I came across this tonight.  Don't hate me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WfoccRna6I

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on December 04, 2015, 11:59:21 PM
Acorn-based stuff you  know about? Or will we have to deal with, sigh, spinning NAZI discs or Red Mercury?

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Rix Gins on December 05, 2015, 12:00:32 AM
"I could play " Stairway to Heaven" when I was 12... Jimmy Page didn't write it till he was 22,  I think that says a lot about me, don't you?".   Vim from "Bad News."

haha yeah.  Mozart wrote his first piano concerto at 9 and I think his first opera at 13.  Nutty what you can do as a kid if there's not TV and video games to distract you.   ;D

WOTR

Quote from: trostol on December 04, 2015, 11:56:04 PM
i swear if i get some extra money..i am buying a bass lol
They are free if you have a pole and some time...

trostol

Quote from: Zenman on December 05, 2015, 12:01:46 AM
Yes. Jethro Tull & ELP also.

Tull is ok..but we can leave them out...ELO indeed though