• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151201 - Todd Robbins - The Macabre - Live Art Bell Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, December 01, 2015, 09:54:09 PM

WOTR

Sadly- I think it is kind of cool that this will be live.  Somewhere in the world, a man is eating a light bulb as I type this... ;D

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 02, 2015, 12:17:57 AM
I agree, this has been surprisingly good. I didn't expect much, but I've been totally interested.

Agree, this is a fun night.

Barkas

Quote from: Rocky4228 on December 02, 2015, 12:07:21 AM
It's just another kind of performance art, like a play.

I had this thought the other day while watching an old WrestleMania: Why is the Vince McMahon style of pro wrestling our only option? Imagine going to a 'wrestling' event where people get into a full-on Cheh Chang kung-fu fight up and down the aisles, live and in-person, and get up in each other's faces between acts arguing about 'insulting my honor' and banging each other's girls and so on. It's basically the same thing, right? I think there's a huge potential audience out there that loves kung-fu movies but is put off by the clichés and vestigial kayfabe stuff. I mean, people don't watch Bruce Lee movies for their compelling stories and deep character development.

the_peeve

Fantastic! Anything stuck in your teeth? aaaah yes he does!

SciFiAuthor

Classic Art Bell moment right there. Eating a lightbulb on air.

Coffeeman

I honestly think that was first ever for Art on any of his shows.

Barfly

He wont eat the tungsten that would likely kill him, he just eats the glass.

Designx

Now the guy has an hour and 40 minutes to get through the rest of the show.

WOTR

Quote from: Spinner on December 02, 2015, 12:19:15 AM
This gotta be a radio first.  :o
Art has had a lot of "radio firsts."  But I doubt he would have expected this when he first started broadcasting.

So on the way out the other end its all turned into sludge? Or does it come back out in pieces? I guess that's one way to shave your colon polyps off.

Robert_S

Quote from: Barfly on December 02, 2015, 12:14:50 AM
So are we going to have a 3 hour show talking about eating light bulbs?
We'll never get these 3 hours back!