• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151130 - Ken Gerhard - Flying Humanoids - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, November 30, 2015, 09:28:31 PM

albrecht

why kill or no kill? Why not catch-and-release? Like I do fishing often or as Obama does with illegals? There is a third (or more option) with regard to Bigfeet!

AppealPlay

I don't care how intelligent Bigfoot is.  If I hear Bigfoot I'm coming out blasting.  I'll use one of my anterless tags if you insist.

Dick Grinder

Quote from: Weirdoradio on November 30, 2015, 11:36:05 PM
Devil's advocate:
We're presupposing, here, that Bigfoots are very close to humanoids in terms of all of those features/that their bodily systems are similar to humans.
What if they weren't at all?
What if?

Yeah, that's a common rejoinder among alien promoters (and God-ists, for that matter), but one quickly bumps up against chemistry, physics, and thermodynamics generally.  It's like monsters in film that grow and propagate without sustenance.  "Only in the movies."

It's the Santa Claus 'justification'.  Disbelief, be not suspended.  :)

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on November 30, 2015, 11:40:10 PM
Nope. Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, or Nat Geo will do a "mock-u-mentery" on it.

Good catch.  They friggin already sheepsquatch'd me once with that Yeti/Dyatlov one.  I actually fell for it (up till the last twenty mins. or so).

Robert

Ever read The Lost World by A.C. Doyle?  It bears on the question.

Spinner

I don't understand why bigfoot would have to be shot dead.  ???
Couldn't he be shot with tranquilizers or some other immobilizing method...?

Uncle Duke

Come on Ken, tell us about the giants killed in Afghanistan by US Special Forces.

VtaGeezer

NATO Art. 5 says "...an armed attack in EUROPE or NORTH AMERICA."  Just sayin'.

Weirdoradio

"What about mothman?"
"Wow.
[Pause.]"

Not the answer I was expecting.

Oculary

Quote from: Spinner on November 30, 2015, 11:43:51 PM
I don't understand why bigfoot would have to be shot dead.  ???
Couldn't he be shot with tranquilizers or some other immobilizing method...?

Actually you wouldn't need bullets to shoot something that isn't real. Nor you would need another method to immobilize the unreal. Here's a cryptid from "Conan the Destroyer"

Weirdoradio

Did anyone else feel like the guest got boned up when he said "Wow, you're thinking about those red eyes, huh?"

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on November 30, 2015, 11:43:15 PM
Good catch.  They friggin already sheepsquatch'd me once with that Yeti/Dyatlov one.  I actually fell for it (up till the last twenty mins. or so).
Thing I DON"T LIKE is that parents etc thought were legit channels are now showing this crap. I had a younger relative talk to me about the mega-shark like it was real due to one of those "mock-u-mentaries." Crap. As if science and nature aren't amazing and interesting enough??! And legit organizations seeking the LCD of crap?

I wonder if anyone would buy a sasquatch phaser. The phaser would prevent the squatch from shifting into other dimensions.

Donald Noory

Quote from: nbirnes on November 30, 2015, 11:46:06 PM
Don't taze me, 'lil bro.

Could you aks Bill if it's possible that Mothman was really a CIA agent? Just wondering.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 30, 2015, 11:46:14 PM
Come on Ken, tell us about the giants killed in Afghanistan by US Special Forces.
YES! Bring on Quayle as a reference! (Though his daughter is hot so if you are on BG feel free to PM me.)