• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151124 - Show CANCELLED

Started by jazmunda, November 24, 2015, 05:29:34 PM

jazmunda

Tue Nov 24 â€" Alan Arnette â€" Everest & K2 Climber

http://artbell.com/tue-nov-24-alan-arnette-everest-k2-climber/

QuoteWebsite: http://www.alanarnette.com

Alan is a world-acclaimed mountain climber, professional speaker and Alzheimer’s Advocate. Alan began climbing at age 38 and has climbed on some of the world’s highest peaks including summiting Mt. Everest at age 54. In 2011, he climbed the highest mountain on each of the 7 continents in under a year. On his 58th birthday this year, 2014, he summited K2, the world’s hardest mountain, setting an American record. All of this is a surprise to his friends and family in Memphis where he was born.

He was on Everest when the 2015 earthquake hit creating massive destruction throughout Nepal. He has been instrumental in raising money to rebuild Sherpa villages. Alan shares his experiences though social media channels and on his website www.alanarnette.com. His followers total over 1 million people. He is a regular contributor to Rock and Ice and Outside magazines on mountaineering. Outside called him “one of the world’s most respected chronicler of Everest”.

FLLFlash

Quote from: starrmtn001 on November 24, 2015, 08:57:13 PM
Prayers for you and your family's safety, Art.

Uh oh.

I seriously hope this was an accident and not something personally directed at Art or his family. Be well AB & family.

I guess I get to really focus on hoops and the news of the day tonight. I'll probably be nibbling around the edges of the chat later for a while with the audio off and the hoops game on. Go Warriors!

Hells Mole

Wasn't it just last night that he was saying there was some kind of trespasser on his lot?

AppealPlay

I do wish Art would just say what's going on instead of teasing it for tomorrow.  I hope all is well in any event and it's nothing terrible. :-\

akwilly

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on November 24, 2015, 10:42:17 PM
I do wish Art would just say what's going on instead of teasing it for tomorrow.  I hope all is well in any event and it's nothing terrible. :-\
My money is on a cat dying or something.

Wednesday

Quote from: akwilly on November 24, 2015, 10:43:43 PM

I think Art would have revealed that something happened to one of his cats. My concern is that there was an attempted burglary and they may have been casing the place yesterday. The holidays are when people get robbed because people assume that the home is empty. I hope everything is going to be okay, though.

WanagoBleu

Good evening Bellgabbers. Best wishes to Art & family.

FLLFlash

Quote from: akwilly on November 24, 2015, 10:43:43 PM

I suspect something more substantial happened.

Meanwhile, good evening all. And, yes I am hooping it up!

WOTR

Tuned in and thought that this sounded familiar... Hope all is well.

Robert

Want to comment the rerun here?  Or find the old thread?

Coffeeman

Art's pulling a Hoagland, eh? Oh well.

Auslandia

Which one is this?  Anyone recognize it?

Sean92008

I had a weird thought in the midst of the day...  The word just popped into my head: Miscarriage.

Eh, probably not, hope not. 

Remember, Art's been a bit off in the last couple of weeks, maybe rooted in the guy shooting around his property?

FLLFlash

Quote from: Robert on November 24, 2015, 11:04:27 PM
Want to comment the rerun here?  Or find the old thread?

I think we're in here.

VtaGeezer

I hope it's just that his water heater blew out or one of his antenna masts came down.  I hate to think it may be another criminal incident. 

Zenman

Bad weather in the Pahrump area. Hope it's related to that and that's all it is, but the earlier trespasser thing has me worried.

Sean92008

Anybody been monitoring the Pahrump/Nye County Sheriffs?

Zenman

The "intruder got zapped while trying to steal copper from one of Art's towers" theory on the other board is kind of interesting.