• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151113 - Terrorism in Paris - Open Lines - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, November 13, 2015, 09:06:28 PM

Meister_000

Quote from: SaucyRossy on November 14, 2015, 12:10:35 AM
Listening to Bachelor and Bell talk about geo political issues is like peaking into the back room that very few are allowed to sit down in. It's terrible that what happened in Paris is what brought them back together to have a second discussion, but there aren't two better broadcasters in the world I'd rather listen to.

Yes, Bachelor is my other top fav.

Zenman

Quote from: Rocky4228 on November 14, 2015, 12:07:35 AM
This guy is the first guest on MITD that has actually scared me.

Definitely scary. The nuclear show a few nights back was pretty scary too I think.

FLLFlash

Quote from: MABUSE on November 13, 2015, 11:43:52 PM
I'm not disagreeing, but the subtext I was trying to elicit is this:
These jihadis are not particularly well trained or proficient.  They rely on the helplessness of their victims and, as we have repeatedly seen, when confronted with opposition, they fall apart, they are incapable of adapting, improvising and succeeding.  Their indoctrination paints the West as weak, complaint, lazy and pacifistic, lacking in any sense of self-defense and unlikely to put up a fight.  In many ways, this has been born out all over in Europe.  It is a cautionary observation regarding the twisted panties whineratti mentality that is being inculcated into the US population.
**M**   

Totally agreed.

Now if we could just get the car out of reverse.

Unfortunately our leaderships brilliant plan is to overwhelm us with fifth columnists. This frosts my balls.

swordpoint9

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 14, 2015, 12:12:37 AM
Heather--

Would love to hear Mr Batchelor on as a monthly guest with Art.  He's bright, articluate, and knows his way around a microphone.
Yup !

albrecht

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 14, 2015, 12:11:55 AM
We never could do that, sadly. It's far too late now though.
Oh could be done, on the cheap! Remember that broad from England? Cheap, cheap, land mines theses days. Coupled with new tech we could determine where there are, no animal killing, etc. With proper signage, solve the issues.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on November 14, 2015, 12:13:27 AM
True.  I too appreciate hearing his wise opinions, but lose interest when he occasionally returns to his
let's nuke 'em mode.

But with the right tactical nuclear nano-drone - just saying.

michio

Quote from: Zenman on November 14, 2015, 12:08:44 AM
It'd be nice to be an isolationist nation, worrying mainly about security within the borders. But I think it's too late for that, unfortunately.

A virus of the mind knows no borders.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: SaucyRossy on November 14, 2015, 12:10:35 AM
Listening to Bachelor and Bell talk about geo political issues is like peaking into the back room that very few are allowed to sit down in. It's terrible that what happened in Paris is what brought them back together to have a second discussion, but there aren't two better broadcasters in the world I'd rather listen to.

Well said, Sir. 

swordpoint9

Quote from: FLLFlash on November 14, 2015, 12:14:11 AM
Totally agreed.

Now if we could just get the car out of reverse.

Unfortunately our leaderships brilliant plan is to overwhelm us with fifth columnists. This frosts my balls.
Well Said !

Zzzzillion

Evening all ...

Well, looks like the "JV" team is at it again.

Excuse me while I catch up and read posts to get caught up. Been busy drinking way too much wine with the missus on date night.

At times like this I am reminded of just how radically different my views are from a lot of yours. I love all of you but geez we are so far apart lol. And not in the usual joking manner!

At least we all agree that Saudi Arabia is horrible!

swordpoint9

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 14, 2015, 12:15:54 AM
Evening all ...

Well, looks like the "JV" team is at it again.

Excuse me while I catch up and read posts to get caught up. Been busy drinking way too much wine with the missus on date night.
Hope you guys had fun !

maren

Quote from: Darth Sandra on November 13, 2015, 11:50:36 PM
Art's lust for Nuclear weapons is sick. Come on Art.

In response to your post re: the Saudis.  I was commenting to a co-worker pretty much the same thing.  We hate each other but pretend we're BFFs because we need their cheap oil, and they need their biggest, bloated addict.  And, that they've been financing the terrorists forever, but now it seems like it's coming back to bite them on the ass.  Not sure WHY they would support organizations of zealots -- they've certainly embraced the Western culture of greed and excess.   Historically over and over it's greed and the tribal need to be in power that crashes great societies.  I just think we're in the latest cycle -- God knows we never seem to learn and I fear we'll just keep at it until there's no one left.

swordpoint9

Quote from: Darth Sandra on November 14, 2015, 12:16:37 AM
At times like this I am reminded of just how radically different my views are from a lot of yours. I love all of you but geez we are so far apart lol. And not in the usual joking manner!

Agreed !  :)

Zenman

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 14, 2015, 12:10:35 AM
Something about the Founding Fathers warning against “foreign entanglements”?

Yes. The FFs had their faults, but they were quite balls on about a lot of things. (They were sure right about the limited gov't thing as well.)

Rix Gins

I wonder if there were people in France warning of stuff such as this happening.  I bet there was, but it would have been an easy call to make what with the state of the world and all.  Kind of reminds me of The Walking Dead, current season.  Rick walks into the Alexandria housing complex and tells the residents that they are blind to whats happening outside the walls...that they would be in for a world of hurt unless they toughen up and assume a kick ass approach to things.

norland2424

Its just your tasty Canadian commie brainwashing up bringing lol.

GravitySucks

Dearest Darth Sandra, I agree with you the I would rather have the Russians in Afghanistan.

"get that muslim out of the white house"

I don't like him either, but show the man some respect.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Rix Gins on November 14, 2015, 12:18:01 AM
I wonder if there were people in France warning of stuff such as this happening.  I bet there was, but it would have been an easy call to make what with the state of the world and all.  Kind of reminds me of The Walking Dead, current season.  Rick walks into the Alexandria housing complex and tells the residents that they are blind to whats happening outside the walls...that they would be in for a world of hurt unless they toughen up and assume a kick ass approach to things.

I'm really enjoying this season of TWD immensely.

popple

Heather--

Would love to hear Mr Batchelor on as a monthly guest with Art.  He's bright, articluate, and knows his way around a microphone.

My thoughts exactly again!  :)

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 14, 2015, 12:09:57 AM
+1. More civilians were killed by Shias vs Sunnis after the invasion, than during the invasion. We didn't target mosques.  They targeted each other's.
Yup, but we did get the information on those scrolls looted from the Baghdad museum. Antiquities acquisition is an angle that is never talked about, because then the jig would be up.

Zenman

Heather--

+1

albrecht

why wont he provide an document complying with a international conventional; Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents?