• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Caravan to Midnight

Started by Original Larry, September 28, 2015, 11:36:00 AM

Quote from: Jackstar on January 30, 2016, 10:19:45 PM
... was your roommate Jimmy Church? Still nuttin'.

There's not much point in comparing lunkheads, because one is pretty much like another.

Jackstar

I just put the entire MITD archive on a 5 1/4" floppy, and there was room left over to include Charles Faddis from the Dark Matter days.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 31, 2016, 04:26:53 PM
There's not much point in comparing lunkheads, because one is pretty much like another.

Nice strawman--that you yourself constructed. You know that other people can see what you're typing, right?

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 30, 2016, 08:14:33 PM
It was a collection much like the CTM archive and just as impressive.

I expect this kind of shit from this obsequious cunt, but I thought you were different, Ghost.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Jackstar on January 31, 2016, 08:51:38 PM
I just put the entire MITD archive on a 5 1/4" floppy, and there was room left over to include Charles Faddis from the Dark Matter days.

Nice strawman--that you yourself constructed. You know that other people can see what you're typing, right?

I expect this kind of shit from this obsequious cunt, but I thought you were different, Ghost.
lol You ARE the expert at being an obsequious cunt.

I guess you don't allow for opposing viewpoints huh. Hypocrite.

Quote from: Jackstar on January 31, 2016, 08:51:38 PM

Gee whiz, lighten up.  I couldn't care less about JC. Since you brought him up, I just took the opportunity to express an opinion about him and JBW.  It wasn't a ham-fisted attempt at logical fallacy or rhetorical flimflam.  You only thought you saw a straw man. You should be more concerned about black-eyed children. They're the real menace.

Jackstar

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 31, 2016, 10:12:20 PM
You only thought you saw a straw man.

This show celebrates its second birthday today, which is substantially longer than (redacted).

The exact nature of my derision for your opinions will be left as an exercise... without pictures.

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 25, 2016, 10:11:32 PM
So where can I tune in for free?

ETA:

Nevermind. I guess I'll just do without. No free streaming link even. Have fun.

Like you don't know it's on YouTube. massive_rolleyes.gif

Doug Hagmann, Stuart Rhodes, and L.A. Marzulli. $3.00 an episode. Seriously, what is free? Oh yeah, Obamaphones.

Quote from: Jackstar on February 04, 2016, 01:02:41 AM
This show celebrates its second birthday today, which is substantially longer than (redacted).

The exact nature of my derision for your opinions will be left as an exercise... without pictures.

My opinions are used to withstanding more derision than you could ever hope to muster, Buster.

And I believe you have mistaken me for someone who cares about MITD, sir. Frankly, I find that somewhat insulting.

Dr. Brian Anse Patrick.
One of my requests, unfortunately the sound quality was deplorable. Too bad.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 31, 2016, 04:26:53 PM

That's horrible... And you should feel horrible inside.

Jackstar

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 04, 2016, 01:14:14 PM
And I believe you have mistaken me for someone who cares about MITD, sir. Frankly, I find that somewhat insulting.

I was referring to Dark Matter and MITD combined.

Take a look at a spreadsheet of all the guests on those two shows. See who shows up twice or more. Go on, I dare you.

Meanwhile, I don't understand how any of you yokels can claim that Wells show isn't any good, if you're not paying to listen to it. Is that really what it is? No quality without freeloading? I'd be surprised.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Jackstar on February 05, 2016, 06:19:30 PM
I was referring to Dark Matter and MITD combined.

Take a look at a spreadsheet of all the guests on those two shows. See who shows up twice or more. Go on, I dare you.

Meanwhile, I don't understand how any of you yokels can claim that Wells show isn't any good, if you're not paying to listen to it. Is that really what it is? No quality without freeloading? I'd be surprised.
How can we tell if we can't even get a listen? yeah, I'm not buying a pig in a poke mister.

Jackstar

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 05, 2016, 08:29:37 PM
How can we tell if we can't even get a listen?

It's on YouTube. Find one that sucks and then come complain about it, just like no one else has ever bothered to do.

It mystifies me that this guy gets so much hate here. He does virtually the exact same show that Bell did, minus live callers. That's something to analyze.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Jackstar on February 05, 2016, 08:33:05 PM
It's on YouTube. Find one that sucks and then come complain about it, just like no one else has ever bothered to do.

It mystifies me that this guy gets so much hate here. He does virtually the exact same show that Bell did, minus live callers. That's something to analyze.
Oh, I imagine it's because he shut down the chat, put the live stream behind a paywall and want's to try to control the opinions.

Hey, if you like him great, but I'm here to tell you, the JackBooted way he handles the show sucks. Sry jack  ???

Jackstar

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 05, 2016, 08:39:33 PM
but I'm here to tell you, the JackBooted way he handles the show sucks. Sry jack  ???

That's it? That's all you got? Super petty.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Jackstar on February 05, 2016, 08:46:59 PM
That's it? That's all you got? Super petty.
Yeah, that's it. I don't want to hear "curated" shows on YouTube. I want to hear the show live and i can't. But it's just a fucking radio show. I'm not going to get too worked up, sry Jack.

Jackstar

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 05, 2016, 08:39:33 PM
I imagine it's because he shut down the chat, put the live stream behind a paywall and want's to try to control the opinions.

Quote from: what Ciardelo really means is"This guy sucks! He won't pay for a server for me to troll on, he expects me to pay to access his content, and he won't acknowledge my point of view!!"

Holy fuck, when you put it that way... I thought he was just yet another talented, skilled, and experienced broadcaster, but now he's verging on Hero Status.

(Also, you threw in an extra apostrophe there, but since you're a gentleman, I won't mention what that does for the impression of your character.)

Jackstar

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 05, 2016, 08:59:09 PM
Yup, money is the bottom line.

So, what does a demonstrated two year existence behind a paywall tell you?

A) He sucks because he's successfully getting paid.
B) He sucks because he's just pretending to make money.

I don't particularly care about your loathing for the guy's business, but I do find it puzzling and difficult to follow through with. How do successful people eat and pay bills in your world? Free love? Breatharianism? Mystifying.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Jackstar on February 05, 2016, 09:03:25 PM

So, what does a demonstrated two year existence behind a paywall tell you?

A) He sucks because he's successfully getting paid.
B) He sucks because he's just pretending to make money.

I don't particularly care about your loathing for the guy's business, but I do find it puzzling and difficult to follow through with. How do successful people eat and pay bills in your world? Free love? Breatharianism? Mystifying.
As you proselytize for your savior JBW, just remember not all us have drank the kool-aid. Give us the unvarnished truth Jack. Show us we don't know jack!

Jackstar

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 05, 2016, 09:13:40 PM
As you proselytize for your savior JBW,

I'm actually working up to shilling for Phil Hendrie. You think he sucks too, right?

Ciardelo

Quote from: Jackstar on February 05, 2016, 09:15:26 PM
I'm actually working up to shilling for Phil Hendrie. You think he sucks too, right?
Is he behind a paywall too Jack?

Jackstar

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 05, 2016, 09:17:48 PM
Is he behind a paywall too Jack?

Do you even know who invented The Internet? Fuckin' scrub, srsly.

Jackstar

I am beyond happy. This guy is one of my heroes.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jackstar on February 11, 2016, 04:08:39 AM

Watching this guy talk with his hands has finally made me appreciate the video feed. A+++, would recommend.

Jackstar

I've never heard of this guy. Have any of you? He sounds pretty black and white.

QuoteOrrin “Checkmate” Hudson is an internationally known motivational speaker, executive coach and corporate trainer. As CEO of Be Someone, Inc., he works with a variety of groups to help them achieve excellence.  Hudson often meets with young people, teachers, parents, executives, professionals, athletes, and coaches and teaches them such proven winning principles as active leadership, the power of teamwork, conscious communication, productive conflict and professional disagreement skills. He is the author of the book “One Move At A Time, How to Win At Chess and Life.”

​​Teaching kids how to think strategically, plan effectively and build self-confidence, Orrin uses his award winning, highly effective and much lauded presentations centered on the time-tested strategies of chess as a metaphor for the game of life. He shows at risk kids the focus, discipline and patience required by the game of chess â€" skills that are transferrable to their current life situations.

To date, Orrin and BeSomeOne.org have touched over 44,000 kids.

The author of One Move At A Time, Orrin is the subject of numerous news national articles and television interviews, including Good Morning America, CNN, CBS Early Morning Show, CNN Headline News, and CNN American Stories, The Word Network, People Magazine, USA Today , Sports Illustrated for Kids and Time Magazine for Kids. Noted for sharing a winning mindset that enables his students and audiences to believe in themselves, he continues to attract community service awards, having won some of the most prestigious in the educational arena including the 2014 National FBI Award.

Website(s): www.besomeone.org

Corona Kitty

I think its time to subscribe to his program,  I've been listening to a stream that picks up his show, however the stream on tune in is always out of working order.  I'm sure they do this on purpose since every show seems to work accordingly.  I see this hurting their business infrastructure, but what do I know.

I hope you do subscribe. I don't understand John's business model either, it seems bassackwards to me, but what the hell do I know. By the way, I enjoyed your last program very much. I love Mr. Bruce! What an interesting fellow he is. Are you still on with Dr. Miller? I sure hope so.

I don't know where they dug this guy up, motivational speakers are a dime a dozen, I generally can't stand their nauseatingly positive attitudes. I couldn't listen to more than a couple of sentences from "Checkmate" there. I had to move on to the next guest.

Anyone know who "Guardian James" is, and why he is called the guardian? I've been there from the beginning, and remember him being referred to from time to time,
but never heard his story.