• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

TheErinnF YouTube Star

Started by deviant aristocrat, April 15, 2019, 10:26:44 AM

K_Dubb

Quote from: AZRAA on July 18, 2019, 09:32:52 AM

But is this not a comparative harm rationalization?

If so, bring on the bus!

It depends on what motive you ascribe to people like Erinn.  Do they post as pure self-expression, which is a natural right ("Every man has the right to talk about himself, so long as he is amusing." -- Baudelaire), in which case the decent response to all the awkwardness is to hurry past and pretend not to notice, or do they want attention and response?

If the latter (which I strongly suspect -- she wouldn't post a thing without a chat or comment section), seeing only supportive responses would be an unnatural distortion and, if she's trying out a new persona, a real disservice.

Besides, videoing yourself is inherently narcissistic -- what's the first thing people usually record themselves doing? -- and anything that jerks you out of that endless mirror-gazing and forces you to confront society is ultimately helpful.

So, yeah, I appreciate the point you're making, particularly as it is unpopular and you are the only one making it, but I disagree.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on July 18, 2019, 10:09:12 AM
You should be an author. What a perfect sentence in which to introduce the reader into the tribulations of your autobiography, or even just a novel written in the first person. Bravo!

Haha thanks but I've learned here that a youtube channel for sharing every mundane detail of your autobiography is sure to be successful and rewarding.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 18, 2019, 10:34:14 AM
Haha thanks but I've learned here that a youtube channel for sharing every mundane detail of your autobiography is sure to be successful and rewarding.
Alas, I'm one of the few remaining who prefer the written word than youtubes.  Especially for such a potentially epic bildungsroman- that starts out with such a beautifully descriptive sentence that really catches the reader and invokes such sympathy and, yet, curiosity.

Lilith

I, for one, would be sure to support you, should you decide to embark onna YouTube adventure of your own.  :)

AZZERAE

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 18, 2019, 10:23:53 AM
It depends on what motive you ascribe to people like Erinn.  Do they post as pure self-expression, which is a natural right ("Every man has the right to talk about himself, so long as he is amusing." -- Baudelaire), in which case the decent response to all the awkwardness is to hurry past and pretend not to notice, or do they want attention and response?

Bus stop wet day - no need share umbrella.

QuoteIf the latter (which I strongly suspect -- she wouldn't post a thing without a chat or comment section), seeing only supportive responses would be an unnatural distortion and, if she's trying out a new persona, a real disservice.

She did beg Brig to stop reposting her vids here, as too Rally Squirrel...

Approaching a commonality yet?

QuoteBesides, videoing yourself is inherently narcissistic -- what's the first thing people usually record themselves doing? -- and anything that jerks you out of that endless mirror-gazing and forces you to confront society is ultimately helpful.

The modern equivalent of Banksy?

He burned his art before society went pants on fire at him.

QuoteSo, yeah, I appreciate the point you're making, particularly as it is unpopular and you are the only one making it, but I disagree.

The lack of consensus seems to be more of a thing than your prior comestibles driven reveries would have indicated....

But hominid predation is largely group-driven.

AZZERAE

Quote from: brig on July 18, 2019, 11:02:15 AM
I, for one, would be sure to support you, should you decide to embark onna YouTube adventure of your own.  :)

Said the lonely old spider to the fly....

Quote from: AZRAA on July 18, 2019, 11:03:41 AM

She did beg Brig to stop reposting her vids here, as too Rally Squirrel...

That is a false statement.

AZZERAE

So she never obsessed over your flea market videos and made you a vanity thread you wished would go away?

Do tell.

Quote from: AZRAA on July 18, 2019, 12:16:43 PM
So she never obsessed over your flea market videos and made you a vanity thread you wished would go away?

Do tell.

Wishing is not the same as begging but the only request I made was that a comment regarding the content and a reason to watch be included with each link.

AZZERAE

Oh fess up man - you wanted off Brig's rotisserie post haste!

AZZERAE

Quote from: AZRAA on July 18, 2019, 12:51:22 PM
Oh fess up man - you wanted off Brig's rotisserie post haste!

Once again. My request was and still is, if you are going to post my video watch it and give a reason people would want to watch it. Posting with out commentary is insulting to me.

K_Dubb

Quote from: AZRAA on July 18, 2019, 11:03:41 AM
The lack of consensus seems to be more of a thing than your prior comestibles driven reveries would have indicated....

But hominid predation is largely group-driven.

I have made some bold and vigorous, barely supportable assertions in the baking thread hoping to inspire a good, old-fashioned donnybrook -- which country makes the best almond tarts was but the latest example -- but the Sunday-morning calm of Bellgab remained unbroken.

K_Dubb

Would you believe I've already done it?  Years ago, before ads.  The gifting shocked me, and finally did me in -- to decently reciprocate the collective generosity of several hundred people is impossible for one man to do.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Rally Squirrel on July 18, 2019, 01:08:53 PM
Once again. My request was and still is, if you are going to post my video watch it and give a reason people would want to watch it. Posting with out commentary is insulting to me.

And you find Brig to be in any meaningful way responsive to your "requests"?

Senility doesn't negotiate, it digs in and acts like a spoilt 5 year old ftmp.

AZZERAE

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 19, 2019, 09:10:42 AM
Would you believe I've already done it?  Years ago, before ads.  The gifting shocked me, and finally did me in -- to decently reciprocate the collective generosity of several hundred people is impossible for one man to do.

You couldn't just have baked up a storm?

feh...there is a subscription model waiting for you and your comestibles in north america....

try harder....Brig needs coffee cake...

K_Dubb

Quote from: AZRAA on July 19, 2019, 09:15:00 AM
You couldn't just have baked up a storm?

feh...there is a subscription model waiting for you and your comestibles in north america....

try harder....Brig needs coffee cake...

Oh if only a batch of cookies could balance out a hand-made fountain pen, or a bowl of satiny maple some guy turned in his garage, so thin you can see light through it!  Painted rocks must not have been a thing yet because I didn't get any of those.

Quote from: AZRAA on July 19, 2019, 09:10:58 AM
And you find Brig to be in any meaningful way responsive to your "requests"?

To some degree. She has put forth enough of an effort for me after my request.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Rally Squirrel on July 19, 2019, 09:33:12 AM
To some degree. She has put forth enough of an effort for me after my request.

Displacement with Erinn isn't "effort" it's just displacement...

AZZERAE

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 19, 2019, 09:29:20 AM
Oh if only a batch of cookies could balance out a hand-made fountain pen, or a bowl of satiny maple some guy turned in his garage, so thin you can see light through it!  Painted rocks must not have been a thing yet because I didn't get any of those.

If you would settle for polished agate all could be made right.

...or perhaps a fossilized passerine is more apt:

Quote from: AZRAA on July 19, 2019, 09:37:28 AM
Displacement with Erinn isn't "effort" it's just displacement...

I was talking about the fact that she now posts my vids and includes a short reason to watch them, I appreciate it. Some might consider it minor but it means quite a bit to me.

As for Erinn and her, I do not give a rats ass about it.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Rally Squirrel on July 19, 2019, 10:06:01 AM
I was talking about the fact that she now posts my vids and includes a short reason to watch them, I appreciate it. Some might consider it minor but it means quite a bit to me.

Congratulations, you have renegotiated your basic rights as a free netizen back from senile Brig.

Can you do the West Bank next?

QuoteAs for Erinn and her, I do not give a rats ass about it.

She and Heather are your '"leave me alone Brig" cards - do not forsake them.

Quote from: AZRAA on July 19, 2019, 10:45:14 AM

Can you do the West Bank next?

I will leave that to crazy fucks like you.

Roswells, Art

K_Dubb! RUN! You don't have to be very quick though, it's like being chased by a zombie. Just don't trip!

K_Dubb

Quote from: Roswells, Art on July 19, 2019, 11:25:41 AM
K_Dubb! RUN! You don't have to be very quick though, it's like being chased by a zombie. Just don't trip!

I really wish someone would explain what brig does that is so horrible.  The worst I've seen her do is make the same pointed observations everyone else is thinking, which I've come to regard as a virtue at least in Bellgabian terms.

Maybe because neither of my grandmas was they hugs-and-cookies kind (both would pinch you and tell you you were getting fat) I do not have the jarring image discordance some people seem to remark.  And she can be sweet, in her way.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 19, 2019, 11:42:30 AM
I really wish someone would explain what brig does that is so horrible.  The worst I've seen her do is make the same pointed observations everyone else is thinking, which I've come to regard as a virtue at least in Bellgabian terms.

Maybe because neither of my grandmas was they hugs-and-cookies kind (both would pinch you and tell you you were getting fat) I do not have the jarring image discordance some people seem to remark.  And she can be sweet, in her way.
See? This could start chapter 2 of your bildungsroman in which you try to reconcile the avoidance of fat women wanting to hug and possess you and the actions of your grandparents pinching you and calling you fat. And the incongruity of a non-fat person, who seeks also to avoid the clutches of fat chicks, that bakes so much, and seems to enjoy it, needs to be addressed in chapter 3. As baking will attract fat women and, more often than not, also causes the baker to gain weight while sampling their wares.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on July 19, 2019, 11:49:56 AM
See? This could start chapter 2 of your bildungsroman in which you try to reconcile the avoidance of fat women wanting to hug and possess you and the actions of your grandparents pinching you and calling you fat. And the incongruity of a non-fat person, who seeks also to avoid the clutches of fat chicks, that bakes so much, and seems to enjoy it, needs to be addressed in chapter 3. As baking will attract fat women and, more often than not, also causes the baker to gain weight while sampling their wares.

Haha I would be loath to offer such transparent psychology as novel fodder but God knows much as been built on far less.

AZZERAE

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 19, 2019, 11:42:30 AM
I really wish someone would explain what brig does that is so horrible.

The proper term is voyeurism - she uses their videos to vicariously live through them, then swiftly discards them for fresh "talent".

Think Epstein with a coterie aging 15 year olds.

QuoteThe worst I've seen her do is make the same pointed observations everyone else is thinking, which I've come to regard as a virtue at least in Bellgabian terms.

Brig's skill is not in florid exposition, rather it is in psychological strip searching.

QuoteMaybe because neither of my grandmas was they hugs-and-cookies kind (both would pinch you and tell you you were getting fat) I do not have the jarring image discordance some people seem to remark.  And she can be sweet, in her way.
Medusa was as well.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 19, 2019, 11:56:00 AM
Haha I would be loath to offer such transparent psychology as novel fodder but God knows much as been built on far less.
You could be the next Karl Ove KnausgÃ¥rd. (I have not attempted to read his long ramblings but, apparently, the critics love them, despite cribbing from Adolph for his first book title.)  I seem to recall a Murder, She Wrote episode in which a person wrote a fiction book that too closely identified real people in town and family- airing all the dirty laundry. Apparently he got criticism for this.