• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131015 - Jim Sparks - Alien Encounters

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 15, 2013, 07:56:43 PM

onan

Quote from: werfold on October 15, 2013, 10:34:02 PM
Would you all think less of me if I told you I read Sparks book a few years ago?

Look at us, all up listening, you don't have a thing to worry about.

midnight

Quote from: Wasting My Potential on October 15, 2013, 10:29:28 PM
Art needs to claim the guest's call was dropped (oldest talk radio trick in the book) and that he will try to reconnect during the break then go to open lines. This guy is making this up as he goes.  I feel like the only interesting part of this show is Art's patience with this guest.

Jim Sparks has told this same story for years, so he's definitely not making it up as he goes. His story hasn't changed at all as far as I can tell.  Art I believe has interviewed him in years past, so it's not the first time he's heard it.  Not saying I believe him or not, but he's been on the ufo scene for years.

Cynnie

Quote from: steelbot on October 15, 2013, 10:35:18 PM
thanks, wish i could have kept the house, but bills and disabilities won out - had to move in with family for the time being till i can finish my schooling!

You do what ya gotta do ..
If the guvment explodes i might be living in a tent

steelbot

Everytime he pauses, and I hear static i keep expecting art to go ..Hello...we get disconnected?....he's got longer pauses than the Shat!

TumbleWeed

Quote from: Ward on October 15, 2013, 10:32:36 PM
man ( and woman)  cave pictures rock  .....   get it? cave, rock :)  hehe  yeah that was awful

seriously cave pictures are cool to me

Similar to mine, but I have Fishing Gear, electronic's projects and crap heaped everywere.

werfold

Quote from: onan on October 15, 2013, 10:36:29 PM
Agreed.

eddie dean

Quote from: steelbot on October 15, 2013, 10:26:20 PM
yeah that was when I thought my SSDI and all my disabilities shit was going to come through that was my 2000 square foot home I was trying to buy - Now I'm living in 300 sq. foot spare bedroom ...but whatevs..I still have been able to keep most of the possessions in the move vs pawn'ing em off for the coin.  Sorry yes watercooled H80 i think on it...here's a closer look at the pc..

Steelbot I hope you don't have to pawn anything else, those people rob you!
Seriously, try craigslist if you have the time to wait.

steelbot

Quote from: Cynnie on October 15, 2013, 10:37:32 PM
hehe same here - I'm already informing the folks, and everyone that bills will not be paid! - the biggest one is I don't want to lose my storage stuff so it's gonna be bad news ...oh well...TMI sorry ..not meaning to hijack the thread...blah!

Cynnie

Quote from: onan on October 15, 2013, 10:36:29 PM

I own some whitney strieber stuff ..so ..

steelbot

Quote from: eddie dean on October 15, 2013, 10:39:04 PM
Steelbot I hope you don't have to pawn anything else, those people rob you!
Seriously, try craigslist if you have the time to wait.
eh...pawn was a bad word, I used ebay and CL - not to much - had to get rid of my Canon 30D (older DSLR but I had about 1000 dollars in lenses) and mainly furniture and tools shit I wasn't going to be using any time soon.

WhiteCrow

Oh now this going to far... Jim you actually expect us to now believe that the media guy's mind wasn't wiped cleaned.

TumbleWeed

Lean to shanty's are mo' Bettah than tents. Much more insulation and you can safely put a wood stove made from a propaine tank with coffecans's as the smoke stack.

Spinner

Can I move in with you?
The two of us could afford a slightly bigger tent.

Laurakinch

Quote from: steelbot on October 15, 2013, 10:37:56 PM
Everytime he pauses, and I hear static i keep expecting art to go ..Hello...we get disconnected?....he's got longer pauses than the Shat!

Yep, same here.  And he just said "...to make a long story short..."  and here comes another looong story.  This guy is a colossal bore...worse than weeber

werfold

Quote from: Cynnie on October 15, 2013, 10:39:24 PM
I own some whitney strieber stuff ..so ..

I could send you the Sparks book to add to your collection. However the ending was predictable.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Spinner on October 15, 2013, 10:41:40 PM

Can I move in with you?
The two of us could afford a slightly bigger tent.

Hey man, I can make a fire with sticks.  I might show up too.

Ward

Quote from: CRM 114 on October 15, 2013, 10:41:44 PM
My cavern....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

that is sweeeeeeeet  one heck of a sweet cave you got there CRM 114, that's a huge LAIR

phrodo

Quote from: steelbot on October 15, 2013, 10:26:20 PM
yeah that was when I thought my SSDI and all my disabilities shit was going to come through that was my 2000 square foot home I was trying to buy - Now I'm living in 300 sq. foot spare bedroom ...but whatevs..I still have been able to keep most of the possessions in the move vs pawn'ing em off for the coin.  Sorry yes watercooled H80 i think on it...here's a closer look at the pc..

VERY nice ... but looks like a bit of overkill to me .. or at least for my needs. I'm on my M90 laptop .. that does everything I need without a burp .. and over there <pointing> I have an HTPC that I got basically for free that runs my TV and projector ... and it does all I need it to do with ease - stream HD and OTA HD tuner/DVR.... Headroom is nice -- but at what expense??

WhiteCrow

Yah who yah who a bright blue light beam that has no end that makes Jim feel good.

Ward

Windows 8.1 is coming out Thursday, finally a built in option to boot to the Desktop..... what were they thinking with Win 8 and the Metro interface for a home pc?

WhiteCrow

Is that a UFO?.... No dummy it's a diamond shaped space craft

steelbot

Quote from: phrodo on October 15, 2013, 10:43:06 PM
VERY nice ... but looks like a bit of overkill to me .. or at least for my needs. I'm on my M90 laptop .. that does everything I need without a burp .. and over there <pointing> I have an HTPC that I got basically for free that runs my TV and projector ... and it does all I need it to do with ease - stream HD and OTA HD tuner/DVR.... Headroom is nice -- but at what expense??
yeah frodo - well i built pc's for years, and it's really actually nominal even for the time I built it compared to the latest and greatest.  I just loved the case! - but i do a lot of video work in HD/4k and needed a machine that wouldn't stutter when rendering images/CGI

Ward

Quote from: Laurakinch on October 15, 2013, 10:42:06 PM
Yep, same here.  And he just said "...to make a long story short..."  and here comes another looong story.  This guy is a colossal bore...worse than weeber

i agree Streiber has a better older story, BTW Laurakinch that's one disturbing avatar you got there.

CRM 114

Thanks. I was lucky enough to turn a hobby into a career that allows me to wallow in a giant room full of toys all day.

TumbleWeed

Quote from: Ward on October 15, 2013, 10:45:10 PM
Windows 8.1 is coming out Thursday, finally a built in option to boot to the Desktop..... what were they thinking with Win 8 and the Metro interface for a home pc?

Finaly.