• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Music

Started by RealCool Daddio, April 24, 2011, 10:21:45 PM

Raveonettes cover of The Stone Roses "I Wanna Be Adored"

The Raveonettes - I Wanna Be Adored

Lustmord's Songs of Gods and Demons  - 2011

http://www.lustmord.com/discography.html

[attachimg=1]

Mind Flayer Monk: When I was a wee lad, scarcely more than an embryo, don't you know, I was obsessed with Marty Robbins's Hanging Tree.

Played my father's 8-track tape with that song to the limits of mechanical and magnetic degradation.

The only tape of his I played more was Creedence Clearwater Revival's Green River.

Hope you got your things together
Hope you are quite prepared to die
Looks like we're in for nasty weather
One eye is taken for an eye

Don't go around tonight
Well, it's bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise.

Can I get an "Amen" or a "Hell, yes" ...?

[attachimg=2]

@EvilTZen
Those are both good songs and videos. The videos seemed like they were telling a story. There was some similar song I was going to post but I forgot the name (its not Portishead, Massive Attack or Duffy). Could be Esthero or Sia or something like that.

@Camazotz
"There's a bad moon on the rise."
Every time I hear that I think of American Werewolf in London.

Well it seems like Lustmord makes his music hard to find on youtube.
I was able to get some of his stuff through Hearts of Space though and read on wikipedia "Lustmord has extracted field recordings made in crypts, caves, and slaughterhouses, and combined it with occasional ritualistic incantations and Tibetan horns."

That is dark.

In a similar vein (you might already know) Jeff Greinke
Jeff Greinke - Low Ceiling

and I will add another (I listen to everything everyone posts)

Eddi Reader ~ Ye Jacobites

analog kid

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on July 01, 2012, 03:39:00 AM
one of my favorites. glad to see it posted again.  8)

That's about the only song I know of that's suitable to post here. My taste in music generally isn't very sophisticated.

Yes - Roundabout

The only song from this band that I like a lot

When I was about 12 or 13 years old, this band was my favorite thing in life:

Return to Forever - 'Vulcan Worlds'

Return to Forever

This linep:
Al Dimeola
Stanley Clarke
Chick Corea
Lenny White

Grimace

Quote from: guildnavigator on July 02, 2012, 08:14:31 AM
When I was about 12 or 13 years old, this band was my favorite thing in life:

Return to Forever - 'Vulcan Worlds'

Return to Forever

This linep:
Al Dimeola
Stanley Clarke
Chick Corea
Lenny White

Hell yes, RTF is incredible and still the illest fusion pretty much ever to grace my ears. Spacy, funky, intricate, and all around utterly brilliant. Excellent song choice, too... here's another one of my favorites:

Return To Forever (HiQ) 1974 - After the Cosmic Rain

One of the few instances where I truly think the term "supergroup" applies. I'm also a pretty huge fan of Corea and Clarke's solo stuff.

ziznak

Quote from: Agent : Orange on August 08, 2012, 08:34:44 PM
http://youtu.be/oRI9sKTgVP4
Now there's a great friggin industrial band.  God remember back when ministry and these guys were actually well known!!
here's a band and song I hold very dear to my heart
As i Lay Dying - Distance Is Darkness (With lyrics)

analog kid

Haven't liked his stuff since I guess after Psalm 69. It's been a while though...

ziznak

Ehhh I was just going through some of the stuff since I last paid attention and musically its pretty good but I still liked them better in the older days without all of the modulation FX and what not.  you are right about 69 being somewhat of a boundary marker though.  I say them but I guess it's just Al at this point huh?

Nailed it in one, Ziz - also a huge Ministry fan.

However, I'm not about to admit the band didn't go through any ups and downs. The latest album is trash and should probably never have been made with the possible exception of a few tracks. The mid 2000s releases Houses of the Mole and Rio Grande Blood marked a high water point after a string of a few crap albums following the mid 90's Filth Pig. There are also other problems that keep following poor Ministry around: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/al-jourgensen-collapses-onstage-in-paris-20120729

When it comes to modern industrial, no one makes a comeback like Skinny Puppy:
http://youtu.be/xQT7UHtly0U

analog kid

@ziznak: Guess it's always seemed to be Jourgensen is to Ministry as Trent Reznor is to NIN, with the rotating band members? Thanks for the info, Agent. Skinny Puppy have to be the masters.