• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The General Musings of Falkie2013 (George Senda, The Guy From Pittsburgh)

Started by heater, December 19, 2013, 09:37:40 PM

Should this thread be removed from the forum?

Yes
1296 (66.7%)
No
647 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 1937

FallenSeraph

It drives me insane that George doesn't link his YouTube channel to a Patreon account. I support about 10 YouTubers/podcasters on Patreon. It costs me less than $20 a month; and meanwhile, they're making hundreds, thousands a month in all those accumulated small donations.

Even the less popular ones -- just quirky people that I like to watch -- are making at least $60 to $120 a month from Patreon donations from their subscribers. That would at least cover cat food or his internet or food or getting stuff out of pawn shops or whatever. Hell, most of us here would donate at least $1 to $2 a month. ... Right?  ???

Frustrating.

Lilith

Quote from: Seraphim27 on February 21, 2017, 09:00:56 AM
It drives me insane that George doesn't link his YouTube channel to a Patreon account. I support about 10 YouTubers/podcasters on Patreon. It costs me less than $20 a month; and meanwhile, they're making hundreds, thousands a month in all those accumulated small donations.

Even the less popular ones -- just quirky people that I like to watch -- are making at least $60 to $120 a month from Patreon donations from their subscribers. That would at least cover cat food or his internet or food or getting stuff out of pawn shops or whatever. Hell, most of us here would donate at least $1 to $2 a month. ... Right?  ???

Frustrating.

I agree.  And he has the perfect place to promote himself and gain subscribers, and potential Patreon donations....the Falkie thread.

But he won't do it, because He can't handle the price of semi-fame.

He can dish it out, but he can't take it.

3OctaveFart

Frustrating.
I will donate to a charity of his designation, but no more cash for George. He has abused and forfeited the privilege.

And George doesn't listen to anyone who knows more about a subject than he does.

Since you seem like you know about the YouTube video culture, can I ask a question? Is this haul-video shit really a thing? Who of sound mind thinks this would be interesting to other people?

Lilith

Quote from: Meatie Pie on February 21, 2017, 09:10:59 AM
I will donate to a charity of his designation, but no more cash for George. He has forfeited the privilege.

And George doesn't listen to anyone who knows more about a subject than he does.

Since you seem like you know about the YouTube video culture, can I ask a question? Is this haul-video shit really a thing? Who thought this would be interesting to other people?

I agree. Watching George take his groceries out, is not entertaining.  Neither is listening to him do a 5 min monotone news review.  But it IS good click bait, which makes him a little YouTube money at least.

And yeah, I think I've given my last copper penny to George, unless things change dramatically.  I don't think he can pick up much more by way of new subscribers tho, unless he comes back to his thread, and entertains us again.  Just IMO.

George should try a new approach to life.
He should return to his thread and listen to advice (vetted and discussed by the various posters, voted on perhaps ) given to him (at no cost) and implement a new idea for a week or two to a month. I suspect he will hit on a winning idea sooner than later.
He MUST BE POLITE AND LISTEN TO SUGGESTIONS, we could monitor and tell him to ignore BAD SUGGESTIONS (George should NOT insult anyone, let his assistants do that)
George,
AGAIN, return to your thread, WHAT HAVE YOU TO LOSE ?
(except perhaps fame and fortune)

Is this haul-video shit really a thing? Who of sound mind thinks this would be interesting to other people?

It is a thing, usually cute girls trying on clothes they bought or people showing gadgets they bought. Not very entertaining but they seem like actions films compared to Falkie showing his groceries and making excuses to justify some of his higher calorie purchases.

OPERATION PARANOID SLOTH NOT LEAVING HOVEL
IS A GO
implement faraday SECLUSION
on site assets CONFIRMED
GO ON S.W.A.T. PERSONA
24-02
13:00
SECURE COMM PRE/POST

Quote from: Douche The Monkey on February 21, 2017, 09:50:01 AM
It is a thing, usually cute girls trying on clothes they bought or people showing gadgets they bought. Not very entertaining but they seem like actions films compared to Falkie showing his groceries and making excuses to justify some of his higher calorie purchases.
what IF Falkie unboxed an item, say a COMFORT WIPE and continued to do an infomercial type of demo including new uses he has found like inserting a napkin for use in a restaurant to wipe up spills that are hard to reach
unboxed a vibrating dildo and began a commentary on how he has found a new use as a carry about "massage stick" he is able to use in public (in Starbucks, on a bus) to relieve neck, leg and groin cramps in an infomercial form
Falkie could do infomercial type videos for well known items, but with new uses (thus new markets)
just think here

Lilith

Quote from: jigsaw on February 21, 2017, 10:06:40 AM
what IF Falkie unboxed an item, say a COMFORT WIPE and continued to do an infomercial type of demo including new uses he has found like inserting a napkin for use in a restaurant to wipe up spills that are hard to reach
unboxed a vibrating dildo and began a commentary on how he has found a new use as a carry about "massage stick" he is able to use in public (in Starbucks, on a bus) to relieve neck, leg and groin cramps in an infomercial form
Falkie could do infomercial type videos for well known items, but with new uses (thus new markets)
just think here

I don't care what kind of videos George does, as long as he remembers to tell all the Sewergabbers off. His rants, about almost anything, are his best moments IMO.

FallenSeraph

Since you seem like you know about the YouTube video culture, can I ask a question? Is this haul-video shit really a thing? Who of sound mind thinks this would be interesting to other people?

Yeah, there's a whole subculture of people who foam at the mouth over haul videos. Materialistic America at its best. I saw one chick on "Ellen" or somewhere who's making millions off her haul videos ... and her videos only show her HANDS opening boxes and stuff.

The funny thing is, I once posted one of George's Safeway haul videos on my FB page and a TV producer I knew back in the day contacted me. She wanted to feature him on some show she produces out in Cali about distinctive YouTube personalities â€" she found him to be a refreshing change from all the "look at all the makeup I bought at Sephora" chicks. Before I could connect them, she got back to me and said forget it â€" that a lot of his channel is confusing in that her viewers wouldn't understand videos about someone named 'six-week tenure' and other "strange rants."

That's why I got frustrated. He has something really different â€" as in, companies and brands would send him free stuff, etc. â€" if he'd just organize his videos into playlists and maybe move the drama to a different channel. Those haul YouTubers rake in the free swag â€" at least the ones who know how to work PR departments.

ALSO, if he'd just polish his video skills and maybe add a "man on the street" interview element to his Martinez videos, he could totally work with the CVB there to promote the area and get paid for it -- or at least get on the press invite lists to events and stuff. That happened to a chick here in Memphis: She wrote a quirky blog interviewing people on the streets of Memphis and making whimsical observations about stuff and suddenly, wham, she's being paid $65K by the CVB to feature her YouTube channel on their website and in other promotional stuff.

Such a world of possibilities.

[Sorry. I write a lot when I'm supposed to be writing something for work.]

FallenSeraph

Think of all the free cans of Friskies and other brands that he'd get if he'd just contact those PR departments with a link to his "Cat Food Hauls" playlist (if only he'd make one).

I speak as someone who works in or for PR departments and has to send stuff to YouTubers. A couple of months ago, I sent a $350 LED anti-wrinkle device to one of those YouTube haul chicks. PR is less about newspaper/magazine journalists now (sadly) and more about connecting with social media personalities.

Hell, if I didn't look like Mokey Fraggle, I'd have a YouTube channel, if only for the free stuff.

Quote from: Seraphim27 on February 21, 2017, 11:35:33 AM
Yeah, there's a whole subculture of people who foam at the mouth over haul videos. Materialistic America at its best. I saw one chick on "Ellen" or somewhere who's making millions off her haul videos ... and her videos only show her HANDS opening boxes and stuff.

The funny thing is, I once posted one of George's Safeway haul videos on my FB page and a TV producer I knew back in the day contacted me. She wanted to feature him on some show she produces out in Cali about distinctive YouTube personalities â€" she found him to be a refreshing change from all the "look at all the makeup I bought at Sephora" chicks. Before I could connect them, she got back to me and said forget it â€" that a lot of his channel is confusing in that her viewers wouldn't understand videos about someone named 'six-week tenure' and other "strange rants."

That's why I got frustrated. He has something really different â€" as in, companies and brands would send him free stuff, etc. â€" if he'd just organize his videos into playlists and maybe move the drama to a different channel. Those haul YouTubers rake in the free swag â€" at least the ones who know how to work PR departments.

ALSO, if he'd just polish his video skills and maybe add a "man on the street" interview element to his Martinez videos, he could totally work with the CVB there to promote the area and get paid for it -- or at least get on the press invite lists to events and stuff. That happened to a chick here in Memphis: She wrote a quirky blog interviewing people on the streets of Memphis and making whimsical observations about stuff and suddenly, wham, she's being paid $65K by the CVB to feature her YouTube channel on their website and in other promotional stuff.

Such a world of possibilities.

[Sorry. I write a lot when I'm supposed to be writing something for work.]

S27, I know you mean well and all, but I took the liberty to highlight some problematic words in your post Where Falkie is concerned.  And also, he has acid reflux this week...think it may have been sinus/sore throat last week. 

I'm taking my elderly neighbor to see her son this afternoon. He is returning to a nursing home from a stint in the hospital.  He suffers from Parkinson's but fights every day to get strong enough to return home for perhaps the last time.  He has more fight and willpower in his pinky nail than some other worthless turd we spend so much time talking about has in his whole overfed body. A turd who suffers from upset tummy.  I have been on BG a year now and I remember quite clearly, those people who warned me, and informed me that said turd had no redeeming qualities.  Yep, that was about right. 

3OctaveFart

I appreciate the response and those of others as well.

At least the BellGab rants were unique. The videos he's done of crappy decorations bought at bargain stores are less interesting than food selfies taken by teenagers on first trips to Europe. His political commentary is shallow and lacks insight. I can't believe someone who presumes he knows a little about the art of presentation would think all of this is a good idea.

It has been pitched here before. If Falkie zeroed in on vintage science fiction of the 1950s and '60s, he would have something truly exceptional, and truly his. Of course with Senda discipline is the key ... he would have to stay on point and not talk about his injured leg, his trip to the post office, his current bank balance, so on. It doesn't matter. He won't do it ... because it wasn't his idea.

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on February 20, 2017, 07:18:57 PM
Hey, Sister Ibby! ;D 

I'm happy to see you back on the boards.  I hope all is going well for you in your neck of the woods.
Hi Sister Star! Making a little time to post before I have to get back to work.  ;)  See you on the Bella Haven thread!

starrmtn001

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on February 21, 2017, 12:35:52 PM
Hi Sister Star! Making a little time to post before I have to get back to work.  ;)  See you on the Bella Haven thread!
Wow, that was excellent.  Thank you, Ibby! ;)

dipp

Frustrating.

Then go tell him instead of just blubbering it here.

And NO. Not in a million years.

littlechris

George Senda cannot be helped.  Noory gave him his big break and all falkie could come up with is talking about his haters and other nonsense. Soon after, he was fired by the network.  George Senda  is completely worthless and has zero work ethic.  Not gonna happen Seraphim and other newbies who don't  quite understand the worthlessness of the man.   

starrmtn001

Quote from: LittleChris on February 21, 2017, 01:53:44 PM
George Senda cannot be helped.  Noory gave him his big break and all falkie could come up with is talking about his haters and other nonsense. Soon after, he was fired by the network.  George Senda is completely worthless and has zero work ethic.  Not gonna happen Seraphim and other newbies who don't  quite understand the worthlessness of the man.
Hey, Chris, Seraphim isn't a newbie.  Just want to let you know. ;) :D

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Meatie Pie on February 21, 2017, 12:20:39 PM
I appreciate the response and those of others as well.

At least the BellGab rants were unique. The videos he's done of crappy decorations bought at bargain stores are less interesting than food selfies taken by teenagers on first trips to Europe. His political commentary is shallow and lacks insight. I can't believe someone who presumes he knows a little about the art of presentation would think all of this is a good idea.

It has been pitched here before. If Falkie zeroed in on vintage science fiction of the 1950s and '60s, he would have something truly exceptional, and truly his. Of course with Senda discipline is the key ... he would have to stay on point and not talk about his injured leg, his trip to the post office, his current bank balance, so on. It doesn't matter. He won't do it ... because it wasn't his idea.

Love ALL.. Hope Faith Love..

Today Seraphim27 and others offered George some great advice .. but . .for everyone's consideration.

Could it be possible that George is doing exactly what he wants ta' do? ..Few achieve the much coveted  "cat bird seat".. Has George?

https://youtu.be/sxLCjOYgKJY

https://youtu.be/sjScnOuCbKs

https://youtu.be/knBnAwdo9Zk

starrmtn001

Quote from: White Crow on February 21, 2017, 04:36:27 PM

All great advice .. but . .for everyone's consideration...

Could it be possible that George is doing exactly what he wants ta' do? ..Few achieve the "cat bird seat".. Has George?
Who's George? ???   ::)   ;D ;D ;D

Lilith

Quote from: weareharbinger on February 21, 2017, 01:59:40 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEKYRyMmSmE

Poor George is wondering where his viewers went, when we've been right here waiting for him to return, all this time.

We didn't leave you George, you left us, silly.

(can I get a small violin playing in the background)?

littlechris

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on February 21, 2017, 04:06:55 PM
Hey, Chris, Seraphim isn't a newbie.  Just want to let you know. ;) :D

Yes Seraphim has been here for years,   But so that you fully understand, when it comes to Senda,  she is a newbie.

3OctaveFart

Quote from: White Crow on February 21, 2017, 04:36:27 PM

Today Seraphim27 and others offered George some great advice .. but . .for everyone's consideration.

Could it be possible that George is doing exactly what he wants ta' do?
He can do what he likes. He just doesn't get to cry for money when he doesn't make squat off showing 35 people (all BellGabbers) a Batman candy dish he bought for 95 cents.

George needs to do more videos with a cat licking its butt hole in the background.

That will send his views through the roof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwRFCPCWVAU

WhiteCrow

Quote from: LittleChris on February 21, 2017, 05:10:29 PM
Yes Seraphim has been here for years,   But so that you fully understand, when it comes to Senda,  she is a newbie.

Seraphim27 sent George some very nice gifts.. I couldn't find George's unboxing video of her gifts.. I remember thinking while watching George's unboxing video.. That ..Seraphim is very nice person and her gifts were selected with love and care.

https://youtu.be/-VHJGBjDLzk

Lilith

Quote from: White Crow on February 21, 2017, 07:05:59 PM
Seraphim27 sent George some very nice gifts.. I couldn't find George's unboxing video of her gifts.. I remember thinking while watching George's unboxing video.. That ..Seraphim is very nice person and her gifts were selected with love and care.

https://youtu.be/-VHJGBjDLzk

Now THERE's the mouthy, belligerent, silly George that we all know and love.

Big Chicken

Frustrating.

Big Chicken has been in contact with The Master and suggested not only Patreon plus one or two of the other excellent suggestions above.
In addition, a live Youtube Senda Report held on Sunday evenings was at the heart of Big Chicken's thoughts.   Imagine what a buzz that
would create - at least for awhile.   

Sadly the response was that he could not possibly entertain this until March at the very earliest as he was much too busy.  In other words it will
never happen.   Too bad.