• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Explain the Bellgab universe...

Started by The General, June 24, 2015, 05:13:00 PM

The General

How would you explain the Bellgab universe to the uninitiated?

"It's an internet forum where people who probably believe in aliens gang up on a guy from Pittsburgh. There's also a supplemental podcast."

chefist

Quote from: The General on June 24, 2015, 05:13:00 PM

"It's an internet forum where people who probably believe in aliens gang up on a guy from Pittsburgh. There's also a supplemental podcast."

Leave your butt hurt at the door...

wr250

bellgab cannot be explained. bellgab must be experienced.

Heather Wade

Once upon a time there was a forum; on this forum everyone agreed that George Noory sucks and Art Bell is the real deal.  One day, George Noory showed up, and was nearly eaten by bloodthirsty piranhas.  One day Art Bell showed up, and heart beats skipped all across the forum.  There was the great Dark Matter of 2013, and there was much rejoicing.  Art quit Dark Matter, and much butthurt was experienced. 

A podcast about the forum about these radio shows was started, and there was partying.  George called the podcast twice... Art called once... and many asked, "Is this real?"

BellGabbers still don't dig Dave Noorie, but thrive in the excitement of Midnight In The Desert with Art Bell starting on July 20th, 2015.  There is much talk and delicious speculation of high strangeness to come. 

BellGab.  All my friends are here.

jazmunda

BellGab is the witness protection program of the internet.

starrmtn001

BellGab.  It is what it is and that's all it needs to be.

ItsOver

Quote from: The General on June 24, 2015, 05:13:00 PM

Where else can you find so many folks who agree on something. GNS.

Dateline

You can go crazy and still stay free.

nbirnes

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 24, 2015, 05:29:52 PM

Paused. And dabbed a tear at the truth of this sentence.

chefist

Quote from: nbirnes on June 24, 2015, 06:00:48 PM
Paused. And dabbed a tear at the truth of this sentence.

Nancy... Aren't any of those old "Ufo Hunter" guys BellGabbers? Does Bill come here? What we're not good enough? ;-)

chinaclipper

laughs, face palms and head shakes, puzzlements, almost anger, ahhhs, nods, and downright enjoyment!

It's better not to say anything.  When I try I get my family members recoiling and briefly displaying disgust before deciding to act like a parent patiently listening to their child's latest story from the high school lunchroom.

chinaclipper

p.s.  also, wishing for a "like" button.

nbirnes

Quote from: chefist on June 24, 2015, 06:05:30 PM
Nancy... Aren't any of those old "Ufo Hunter" guys BellGabbers? Does Bill come here? What we're not good enough? ;-)

The closest we've come to a real UFO Hunter is a friend of the wonderful Pat Uskert, the guy who goes down holes when nobody else will. With scuba equipment. He and friend are making a beautiful movie about Slovakia right now.

Wasted opportunity. Here's an idea: why not have Bellgab.inc help me put together a UFO Hunters Season 4, and I will guarantee all the participants will get back to work. Then we can sell said idea to a network and MV can split the proceeds with VDVN Enterprices.â,,¢

Kidding. And Bill never posts anywhere. He's mostly luddite.

Roswells, Art

One day, George Noory showed up, and was nearly eaten by bloodthirsty piranhas. 

P.S. that isn't true. Before I joined up here I read the gns thread from the beginning and was as surprised as everyone else that gnoory started posting here. You will see if you go back that most members rolled over to get their tummy rubbed by gnoory. I was disappoint.

nbirnes

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 24, 2015, 06:08:43 PM
It's better not to say anything.  When I try I get my family members recoiling and briefly displaying disgust before deciding to act like a parent patiently listening to their child's latest story from the high school lunchroom.

There's a lot of first-world shaming involved with bellgabbing, not to mention spell-checker-redlining. I like to make up words. I talk to invisible people about airwaves.

This is a hobby that could land you in a rubber room or worse. Be careful, my friends. Stay cheerful.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: nbirnes on June 24, 2015, 06:18:58 PM
There's a lot of first-world shaming involved with bellgabbing, not to mention spell-checker-redlining. I like to make up words. I talk to invisible people about airwaves.

This is a hobby that could land you in a rubber room or worse. Be careful, my friends. Stay cheerful.
[/quote

Tell me about these airwaves.

chefist

Quote from: nbirnes on June 24, 2015, 06:13:19 PM
The closest we've come to a real UFO Hunter is a friend of the wonderful Pat Uskert, the guy who goes down holes when nobody else will. With scuba equipment. He and friend are making a beautiful movie about Slovakia right now.

Wasted opportunity. Here's an idea: why not have Bellgab.inc help me put together a UFO Hunters Season 4, and I will guarantee all the participants will get back to work. Then we can sell said idea to a network and MV can split the proceeds with VDVN Enterprices.â,,¢

Kidding. And Bill never posts anywhere. He's mostly luddite.

Too bad...we all love when Art posts...Bill would be right up there!

ONE:   There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call ... The BellGab Zone.

TWO:   It's designed to make MV..... (all praise to the MV. may he always be rant ready. may he ever present us with avatars of deep disturbance. all praise to the MV.)..... money.

THREE:   It's internet crack.

nbirnes

Quote from: chefist on June 24, 2015, 06:33:19 PM
Too bad...we all love when Art posts...Bill would be right up there!

You are very astute. Maybe Art can shame Bill into posting.

nbirnes

Quote from: Roswells, Art on June 24, 2015, 06:28:59 PM
Tell me about these airwaves.

This is a shot in the dark, speaking of airwaves. I'm looking into something called Muse (not the Adobe abomination) and the dyne.org in general. Very interesting.

Looks like I can get my terminal to talk to the airwaves for me. Anyone speak Unix?

chefist

Quote from: nbirnes on June 24, 2015, 06:37:02 PM
You are very astute. Maybe Art can shame Bill into posting.

Clearly Bill is not in need of ego massage...good for him...but I appreciate his vast knowledge and story telling...well suited for radio and bbs...tell him from me if I find him interesting, so do many many others!

nbirnes

Quote from: chefist on June 24, 2015, 06:41:59 PM
Clearly Bill is not in need of ego massage...good for him...but I appreciate his vast knowledge and story telling...well suited for radio and bbs...tell him from me if I find him interesting, so do many many others!

You, as I said, are astute. It's such an important trait.

Check this out: Roswells_Art just posted a nice reply and I was going to say to her:

Don't you agree that bateman brings out the best in each person he interviews? He's creating a pile of instant classics.

But then, the post disappeared -- and one of the options is that I might be blocked. Say it isn't so, Roswells_Art! I am such a fan of your work!

Ms. C

Quote from: nbirnes on June 24, 2015, 06:40:57 PM
This is a shot in the dark, speaking of airwaves. I'm looking into something called Muse (not the Adobe abomination) and the dyne.org in general. Very interesting.

Looks like I can get my terminal to talk to the airwaves for me. Anyone speak Unix?

UNIX is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roswells, Art

Quote from: nbirnes on June 24, 2015, 06:51:44 PM
You, as I said, are astute. It's such an important trait.

Check this out: Roswells_Art just posted a nice reply and I was going to say to her:

Don't you agree that bateman brings out the best in each person he interviews? He's creating a pile of instant classics.

But then, the post disappeared -- and one of the options is that I might be blocked. Say it isn't so, Roswells_Art! I am such a fan of your work!

ahlol, I removed the post and just sent it to chefist. Yes you are right, he has the ability to bring out the best

MV/Liberace!

Well fuck. I would have felt better for you had you told me the test results were positive.