• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: michio on September 01, 2017, 03:55:52 AM
That's really "somethin." That's really "something." This kind lady is happy to assist podcast hosts with improving their speaking skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYVlcNQtlLQ

We tend to naturally slur (especially the end of words) because we're lazy with speech. Its the same in any language, not just English. Add in dielect and it can be incomprehensible to even someone who speaks the language.

But behind a mic you haven't that luxury because there are no visual clues to what we're really saying. Normally about 70% or so of communication is visual. So good diction, ennunciation, pace, and musicality in the voice is essential. I've taken voice over lessons and have been amazed at how much we take for granted is wrong when applied to a microphone.

Quote from: Dyna-X on August 31, 2017, 10:41:08 PM
Recent comment from a friend who owned a radio station when I forced a moments listen to Heather:
"Does she always talk like she has marbles in her mouth? The audio quality in general is bad" after a few more minutes "This example of PHONE SEX is a nightmare. Terrible."
then he turned and asked me if I really get off on that....

I said "Wait till you hear her witch cackle."
I bet your friend answered his own question AFTER hearing her "witch cackle"...
heh heh, that "closes the deal for me"

pate

Heather has lost control of her program, mmm...

pate

Kolchak

Someone just called heather "Redacted." She got very quiet and then said she expected he was a prankster. Turns out it's just some dude from South Carolina who remembered she was called that on Art's first comeback  show.

Painfully awkward.

Jackstar

(and, for the record, I was the most surprised of all, when she pulled a wild hair out of her cunt at the mention of The Name That Must Not Be Spoken, I thought I was being nice)

Quote from: Jackstar on September 09, 2017, 01:41:27 AM
... The Name That Must Not Be Spoken...

Do we know what her, um, stage name was at her previous job?

That would be awkward

Kolchak

Quote from: Jackstar on September 09, 2017, 01:53:14 AM

I hadn't listened in ages, and completely lucked out that this was the first call I heard. The dead air was thick but you could almost hear her seething resentment for this poor guy. He was totally perplexed as to why she bristled. The whole thing was marvelous.

Quote from: Kolchak on September 09, 2017, 01:56:19 AM
I hadn't listened in ages, and completely lucked out that this was the first call I heard. The dead air was thick but you could almost hear her seething resentment for this poor guy. He was totally perplexed as to why she bristled. The whole thing was marvelous.

I'd bet he's probably always saying the wrong thing around the house too.

henge0stone

Heather has this stoner chill voice but everything she says sounds condescending. Shes like someone who is trying to play it cool all the time but you know deep down shes like pissed at everything. Like just embrace that you came from Bellgab and your Redacted. She has to be butthurt about everything.

Quote from: Kolchak on September 09, 2017, 01:56:19 AM
He was totally perplexed as to why she bristled. The whole thing was marvelous.
She's usually very friendly to non-Bellgab callers

WOTR

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on September 09, 2017, 04:13:28 PM
She's usually very friendly to non-Bellgab callers
Priceless!  I love the butthurt followed by dead silence.  Even after he explains himself she does not throw him a lifeline while he fumbles... And I presume he pays for her shows (he mentions talking lots of times in chat.)

I like Art- but when this is her reaction to somebody just using the name she used on Bellgab, it is pretty rich for him (or anybody) to say that "she is one of us".  She could not make it any clearer if she tried that she does not wish to be associated with her past life when she was slumming it here.

My only real regret is having kept up my subscription for a few months after Art left using exactly that reasoning.  "She is one of us, and we should support her."  ::)

Quote from: WOTR on September 12, 2017, 12:45:58 AM
... I like Art- but when this is her reaction to somebody just using the name she used on Bellgab, it is pretty rich for him (or anybody) to say that "she is one of us".  She could not make it any clearer if she tried that she does not wish to be associated with her past life when she was slumming it here...

Oh the hell with both of them.  What, we're supposed to worship Art Bell for the rest of our lives because he had a radio show in the 1990s that we listened to?

Didn't he tell her to disassociate herself from this website because they both were being criticized?  And we know she does whatever she thinks he wants her to do, including becoming a big Trump shill.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: mv on September 11, 2017, 11:53:33 PM
Awful.

Agree

Mr MV,  Ms Redacted clearly had unbridled ambitious and a calculating and conniving nature that ultimately lead to a real paying gig. I use to prank her on your gabcast for a picture,  her real name and as a goofy fan with a fixation.  If she couldn't make that simple step of logic while still on your show, to reveal her real identity. She certainly  hasn't the skill set to be a professional broadcaster. In Damon's link above Ms Redacted  talks about Art's advising her of the same.

Boy,  you should have took over Art's gig.. And we would have all lived happily ever after!

Sincerely MV, only you had and have the GIFT! to replace Art
Art was fool to not make a run at you and compounded his problem(s) by being taken in my the schemes of  Ms Redacted.

Hope Faith Love ALL

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 12, 2017, 08:44:06 AM
Agree

Mr MV,  Ms Redacted clearly had unbridled ambitious and a calculating and conniving nature that ultimately lead to a real paying gig. I use to prank her on your gabcast for a picture,  her real name and as a goofy fan with a fixation.  If she couldn't make that simple step of logic while still on your show, to reveal her real identity. She certainly  hasn't the skill set to be a professional broadcaster. In Damon's link above Ms Redacted  talks about Art's advising her of the same.

Boy,  you should have took over Art's gig.. And we would have all lived happily ever after!

Sincerely MV, only you had and have the GIFT! to replace Art
Art was fool to not make a run at you and compounded his problem(s) by being taken in my the schemes of  Ms Redacted.

Hope Faith Love ALL

there's sweeping that needs doing in your wife's bank.  run along.

Hog

HW-Welcome to the show.
Gary-Redacted
HW-Well that was a screen name I used a long time ago
Gary-Ah you were redacted when Art Bell was online, on the first show.
HW-Hm-hmm.
Gary-Ah this is Gary from South Carolina
HW-Well, welcome to the program
Gary-Ha ha ha ha, I'm sorry I knocked you for a loop didn't I?.
HW-Pardon?
Gary-I knocked you for a loop didn't I? ha ha ha ha
HW-No, it's just when somebody calls up says something like that I expect a prank or something ah untoward to follow,
Gary-Well no,ha ha, this is Gary from South Carolina we've talked many times ah in chat. Um I called the first time and lost the call, watching you, I contacted you and you said no I was still on first time callers.    Um......  I........  have a lot of mixed emotions about ah, the hurricanes and ah the book (unintelligeable) wrote  ah about the ah.
HW-(interrupts)The coming global superstorm
Gary-global suker superstorm yes
HW-Well actually I gotta take a break but if you want we can absolutely talk about that we come ba
(sic)

Boy, does she ever seem tense, "when someone calls up and says something like that", I think she means that, "whenever someone calls up and bascially identifies themselves as a Bellgab user, I expect......"

I think she needs to do a Gabcast or two, just to stay regular.

Poor Gary from NC.

peace
Hog

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Hog on September 12, 2017, 09:59:12 PM
HW-Welcome to the show.
Gary-Redacted
HW-Hm-hmm.
HW-Pardon?
HW-No, it's just when somebody calls up says something like that I expect a prank or something ah untoward to follow,
Gary-Well no,ha ha, this is Gary from South Carolina we've talked many times ah in chat. Um I called the first time and lost the call, watching you, I contacted you and you said no I was still on first time callers.    Um......  I........  have a lot of mixed emotions about ah, the hurricanes and ah the book (unintelligeable) wrote  ah about the ah.
HW-Well actually I gotta take a break but if you want we can absolutely talk about that we come ba
(sic)

Boy, does she ever seem tense, "when someone calls up and says something like that", I think she means that, "whenever someone calls up and bascially identifies themselves as a Bellgab user, I expect......"

I think she needs to do a Gabcast or two, just to stay regular.

Poor Gary from NC.

peace
Hog

you endured the pain of transcribing that for us.  a real bellgab soldier.

pate

Properly it should read thus:

QuoteHW-Welcome to the show.
Gary-Redacted
HW-Hm-hmm.
HW-Pardon?

If we remove pronouns from the edited (now formal?) text we get:

-----

___ Welcome to the show.
Gary ___
___Well that was a screen name ___ used a long time ago
Gary-Ah ___ were ___ when Art Bell was online, on the first show.
___ Hm-hmm.
___ Well, welcome to the program
Gary-Ha ha ha ha, ___'m(possessive non-pronoun) sorry ___ knocked ___ for a loop didn't ___?.
___Pardon?
Gary-___ knocked ___ for a loop didn't ___? ha ha ha ha
___ No, it's just when ___<---(questionable pronoun deletion) calls up says something like that ___ expect a prank or something ah untoward to follow,
Gary-Well no,ha ha, this is Gary from South Carolina ___'ve(possessive non-pronoun) talked many times ah in chat. Um ___ called the first time and lost the call, watching ___, ___ contacted ___ and ___ said no ___ was still on first time callers.    Um......  ___........  have a lot of mixed emotions about ah, the hurricanes and ah the book (unintelligeable) wrote  ah about the ah.
___(interrupts)The coming global superstorm
___Well actually ___ gotta take a break but if ___ want ___ can absolutely talk about that ___ come ba

---
\
\
eclipses 'mplied?

Art Libian Untie!

/sigh] moofun didna bye trainor, back 40![sigh]

ediot: CLAIRicity

t'wideot:  BOLDIFY!

3diot: dab isl lm(A0