• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Bloom is a smoother debater but he is really a freaking nutcase.  I think it is a draw so far.

Curtis is terrible, sounds like a nervous kid in a high school debate club.

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on March 15, 2018, 12:01:20 AM
Curtis is terrible, sounds like a nervous kid in a high school debate club.

I agree but Bloom is way off in left field literally.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 15, 2018, 12:05:20 AM
I agree but Bloom is way off in left field literally.

they're both lightweights, i'm not going to be persuaded by either of them. The debate seems to be solely on the status/success of Trump's presidency, he may end up with some major accomplishments or a complete disaster, too early to know.

NoMoreNoory

Noory should have chosen one subject, one question, and stuck to it. This is all over the map: the economy, North Korea, Trump, the media, Russia. Poorly thought out. Who wins is irrelevant. Who cares?

Oh, and don't forget, folks. 'We don't do politics.'

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on March 15, 2018, 12:12:01 AM
Noory should have chosen one subject, one question, and stuck to it. This is all over the map: the economy, North Korea, Trump, the media, Russia. Poorly thought out. Who wins is irrelevant. Who cares?

LOL!  Yeah, you hit the nail on the head!

I do agree with Bloom and the caller about Trump's lies.  And Trump grossly exaggerates his achievements.

Curtis simply doesn't come off well in a debate. He sounds bitter and strident when he's not hemming and hawing.

Trump has his good qualities but Bloom is right, in Trump's opinion the American president should be a king,  that comment Trump made about Xi making himself leader for life - 'maybe we will try that some day' was half joke half serious and that's pretty scary, he really has little appreciation for the Constitution, it's a tough document to govern under and that was the intention.

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on March 15, 2018, 12:36:30 AM
Trump has his good qualities but Bloom is right, in Trump's opinion the American president should be a king,  that comment Trump made about Xi making himself leader for life - 'maybe we will try that some day' was half joke half serious and that's pretty scary, he really has little appreciation for the Constitution, it's a tough document to govern under and that was the intention.

I hate to say this but I agree.  Since he cannot be king, I can continue to support him but if he could I would oppose him.

The Insta-poll doesn't seem to be reflecting reality.  Curtis has about 80% of the vote and Bloom has 20%.  I voted for Bloom even though I don't care for him.

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 15, 2018, 12:27:52 AM
Curtis simply doesn't come off well in a debate. He sounds bitter and strident when he's not hemming and hawing.

Also using the "I'm an expert" defense a bit too much.  I give him credit though for pushing Bloom's Obama button early, throwing him off his game.  ;D

Jojo

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on March 15, 2018, 12:12:01 AM

When will it end!  What happened to not being a shock jock, George?!  It's late.  Hard to relax

Toys 'r Us bankruptcy was inevitable.  It has everything to do with the internet and little to do with government policy.

Jojo

Quote from: zeebo on March 14, 2018, 11:23:24 PM
The big unknown is whether each will let the other actually talk.
Howard Bloom always sounds so civil and eloquent but I don't usually agree with him to the point of outlandishness.  I've wondered at times if he doesn't value diversity. Since I usually disagree with him, I am surprised to hear him critical of Trump.

Quote from: Jojo on March 15, 2018, 01:00:32 AM
John Bloom always sounds so civil and eloquent but I don't usually agree with him to the point of outlandishness.  I've wondered at times if he doesn't value diversity. Since I usually disagree with him, I am surprised to hear him critical of Trump.

It is Howard Bloom and John Curtis.

zeebo

George retelling his story of walking out on a date because she didn't like animals.  But as always, reminding us he was gentlemanly enough to pick up the bill.

Quote from: zeebo on March 15, 2018, 01:13:47 AM
George retelling his story of walking out on a date because she didn't like animals.  But as always, reminding us he was gentlemanly enough to pick up the bill.

yeah one of Jorch's old chestnuts and I guarantee you he didn't end the date the way he describes.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on March 15, 2018, 12:36:30 AM

It was an obvious joke. I guess you lose your sense of humor when you die. :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 15, 2018, 12:58:18 AM
Toys 'r Us bankruptcy was inevitable.  It has everything to do with the internet and little to do with government policy.

Really?! Who owns Amazon? You sure it wasn't part of a government plan to centralize EVERYTHING. You should just thank your lucky stars Trump was elected and stop pretending it's still 1995 already. ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 15, 2018, 01:20:04 AM
Really?! Who owns Amazon? You sure it wasn't part of a government plan to centralize EVERYTHING. You should just thank your lucky stars Trump was elected and stop pretending it's still 1995 already. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jm4LoOaAWI

zeebo

Haha great lazy-man's no-prep interview question ... "What's your favorite part of your book?"

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 15, 2018, 01:16:09 AM
It was an obvious joke. I guess you lose your sense of humor when you die. :D

Half joke, he's expressed his admiration for strongmen dictators many times.

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on March 15, 2018, 01:30:28 AM

Indeed he has.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on March 15, 2018, 01:30:28 AM

That's why you're at the kids table now. You can't understand the adult talk anymore. I guess that's something else that goes when you die. ;)

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 15, 2018, 01:03:40 AM
It is Howard Bloom and John Curtis.

It's funny, generally I like Bloom more personally even though I disagree with him often, whereas Curtis rubs me the wrong way even though I agree with him more.  If this John Bloom person existed, I'd probably like to have a beer with him.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 15, 2018, 01:33:11 AM
That's why you're at the kids table now. You can't understand the adult talk anymore. I guess that's something else that goes when you die. ;)

Oh for fuck's sake, stop being defensive every time someone says something critical about your idol.  He has his faults.  We all do.  Just admit it!

Quote from: zeebo on March 15, 2018, 01:36:44 AM
It's funny, generally I like Bloom more personally even though I disagree with him often, whereas Curtis rubs me the wrong way even though I agree with him more.  If this John Bloom person existed, I'd probably like to have a beer with him.

Right.  That is exactly how I feel.  I don't like Curtis at all but agree with him most of the time. Howard is full of himself but he is personable.