• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Widespread's Archive

Started by widespread1, September 10, 2013, 02:38:40 AM

steelbot

Quote from: williedee on October 26, 2013, 12:30:11 PM
aw man that sucks.

i've been using bulk rename utility and mp3tag, they're seriously some of the most amazing programs i've ever used.

I use the same program great one!

Just wondering if the Dark Matter shows will be back in the repository at any time and if any more will be added?  They seem to have disappeared, along with the C2C shows from 2004-2012 in the "Completed Years" folder.  Any info would be great.  Also I have enjoyed using the repository and would like to find out who to donate to.  Thanks.

CoastinDM

Also wondering what happened to the archive.. Will it be back up?

williedee

Quote from: SomewhereInTime on October 28, 2013, 04:46:38 AM
Just wondering if the Dark Matter shows will be back in the repository at any time and if any more will be added?  They seem to have disappeared, along with the C2C shows from 2004-2012 in the "Completed Years" folder.  Any info would be great.  Also I have enjoyed using the repository and would like to find out who to donate to.  Thanks.

send a pm to widespread, see if he wants a donation :)

Quote from: CoastinDM on October 28, 2013, 08:40:55 AM
Also wondering what happened to the archive.. Will it be back up?

The archive is up http://coast.willstare.com/data/public/cd9952.php

The link is changed because widespread re-did it. I can reupload some stuff that didn't make it back. Don't worry!

dan7800

Yea, I am looking for the new stuff as well. I fall asleep early and miss much of the show, and often do not have an internet connection to listen to the broadcast during the day.

williedee

Quote from: dan7800 on October 28, 2013, 11:43:37 AM
Yea, I am looking for the new stuff as well. I fall asleep early and miss much of the show, and often do not have an internet connection to listen to the broadcast during the day.

a more reliable way to get the shows would be the pirate bay or youtube, nobody is responsible for uploading them to my server currently.

dan7800

Quote from: williedee on October 28, 2013, 06:26:25 PM
a more reliable way to get the shows would be the pirate bay or youtube, nobody is responsible for uploading them to my server currently.

Ok. Thank you sir.

widespread1

I just uploaded all of the Dark Matter shows

Noble Eagle

This might be a bit of a long post, but probably something worth considering about audio quality.

I've noticed that the regular uploader on TPB 'artbell2013' didn't upload the latest show, and another guy has uploaded the latest one (10/24). There is quite a difference in file size. 120MB for this one instead of the usual ~38MB from the regular uploader. I had a look at the difference in bitrate too. 64kb/s looks to be the bitrate the show is broadcast in? and 3 and a half odd hours of 64kb/s totals about 120MB. Meanwhile, the 38MB show from artbell2013 has a bitrate of 24kb/s, previously before the uploader decided to reduce the file size the bitrate was 48kb/s and a total file size of about 75MB.

So that made me wonder. Does anyone really care about the bitrate? Should we preserve it at the highest bitrate available, 64kbs? Or is 120MB per show just too large?

In any case I transcoded the latest show from 64kb/s 120MB to 24kb/s 38MB (download here https://mega.co.nz/#!8l1TgYJT!Nd3YQTuYLhxI1iWN0EqWrWTlmSp9I2WQdKmZ5YOLzZY) if you compare this to the original file (currently page 2 of the archive at the bottom) at 64kb/s, I feel there is a decent and noticeable difference in audio quality.

williedee

Quote from: Noble Eagle on October 28, 2013, 11:04:52 PM
This might be a bit of a long post, but probably something worth considering about audio quality.

I've noticed that the regular uploader on TPB 'artbell2013' didn't upload the latest show, and another guy has uploaded the latest one (10/24). There is quite a difference in file size. 120MB for this one instead of the usual ~38MB from the regular uploader. I had a look at the difference in bitrate too. 64kb/s looks to be the bitrate the show is broadcast in? and 3 and a half odd hours of 64kb/s totals about 120MB. Meanwhile, the 38MB show from artbell2013 has a bitrate of 24kb/s, previously before the uploader decided to reduce the file size the bitrate was 48kb/s and a total file size of about 75MB.

So that made me wonder. Does anyone really care about the bitrate? Should we preserve it at the highest bitrate available, 64kbs? Or is 120MB per show just too large?

In any case I transcoded the latest show from 64kb/s 120MB to 24kb/s 38MB (download here https://mega.co.nz/#!8l1TgYJT!Nd3YQTuYLhxI1iWN0EqWrWTlmSp9I2WQdKmZ5YOLzZY) if you compare this to the original file (currently page 2 of the archive at the bottom) at 64kb/s, I feel there is a decent and noticeable difference in audio quality.

I think 64k is a good bitrate, 48 isn't bad either. the size doesnt matter these days, with 1tb hdd going for under $60 sometimes.

jazmunda

Quote from: Noble Eagle on October 28, 2013, 11:04:52 PM

I also noticed that the latest show from TPB was only 3 hours and 7 mins instead of the 3 and a half hours of all the other shows that were uploaded by artbell2013.

steelbot

Quote from: jazmunda on October 29, 2013, 12:33:41 AM
I also noticed that the latest show from TPB was only 3 hours and 7 mins instead of the 3 and a half hours of all the other shows that were uploaded by artbell2013.
Well, the official shows are 64kbs and are 102-105mb in size.  My recorded files converted to 128kbs are 170-190mb.  Quality matters and shouldn't be less than 64kbs imho, the audio starts to sound like a tincan below that. 

derann

Quote from: williedee on October 28, 2013, 11:07:48 AM
send a pm to widespread, see if he wants a donation :)

The archive is up http://coast.willstare.com/data/public/cd9952.php

The link is changed because widespread re-did it. I can reupload some stuff that didn't make it back. Don't worry!

Can anyone tell me, is it just me or does the link above appear to be dead? :'(

williedee

Quote from: derann on November 02, 2013, 04:44:02 PM

Can anyone tell me, is it just me or does the link above appear to be dead? :'(

i'm working on it, the hdd filled up (70gb worth of .zip temp files that are supposed to auto-delete)

apache is struggling to restart.

George Drooly

I still get nothing, for weeks now...? Asking me for a log in or saying "forbidden"

williedee

Quote from: George Drooly on November 04, 2013, 04:17:42 AM
I still get nothing, for weeks now...? Asking me for a log in or saying "forbidden"

you're probably using an old link. use this http://coast.willstare.com/data/public/cd9952.php

brugvu

devoidzero

Does anyone have any of Widespread's shows that aren't in the Ultimate torrent?  I definitely downloaded them back then but can't seem to locate them now, and the coast.willstare site is gone.

brugvu

his shows were crap.. really bad quality, didnt record them right..
a lot of mis-dated shows that we all already have.
nothing good...
i just messaged you. send me your list of shows you personally recorded on vhs please.
anything 90's? or just 2000+
whatever is on the torrent was mine, i helped build the torrent...
i have 100's of new hours not on the torrent.
i always stay one step ahead.. i love to trade. i have some EXCELLENT new shows.!!! no one has.

brugvu

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: brugvu on April 21, 2018, 09:44:42 AM
his shows were crap.. really bad quality, didnt record them right..

how much quality does one really need for this, though?  this show was originally broadcast on AM radio, mind you.

brugvu

he used a walkman to convert them, had the wrong tape speed on em too
Really distorted.
i aint talking AM radio 32kbps quality.
MR. 128 kbps

there was one show he did where ART was talking to Davenport, and it sounded like slooow motion.
while in a tin can.

or did you not know any of that
i tried contact have so i could properly convert the tapes just in case, there were some i needed, he disappeared.

later

widespread1

It wasnt that it was on the wrong speed. It was an issue with the cassettes being tight.

widespread1

Alot of them were crap but it was shared none the less. I disagree though I added alot of shows that were not collected at the time.