• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Chuck Harder

Started by klaatu2, April 19, 2018, 06:02:47 PM

klaatu2

According to this web page, Chuck Harder, who was a talk show host popular in the 1990s, died "last Tuesday." I don't see confirmation or an obituary elsewhere.

http://www.forthepeopleshow.com/index.html

Juan

Man, I listened to Chuck before Art was syndicated in my area. He was the original black helicopter guy.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: klaatu2 on April 19, 2018, 06:02:47 PM
According to this web page, Chuck Harder, who was a talk show host popular in the 1990s, died "last Tuesday." I don't see confirmation or an obituary elsewhere.

I thought he died a couple ago.  He threatened to sue me once when I tried to return a pocket SW radio he was selling.  I didn't even know who he was, a colleague who listened to his show recommended the radio and steered me to the site to place the order.  He sent me an extraordinary email, and I found out later he talked about me on his show.  The guy had a screw loose.

klaatu2

The web page I linked to above has at the bottom:

©2017 By For The People Radio, , USA. All rights reserved.

so "last Tuesday" may not be last Tuesday.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on April 19, 2018, 06:21:47 PM
I thought he died a couple ago.  He threatened to sue me once when I tried to return a pocket SW radio he was selling.  I didn't even know who he was, a colleague who listened to his show recommended the radio and steered me to the site to place the order.  He sent me an extraordinary email, and I found out later he talked about me on his show.  The guy had a screw loose.
IHa.I recall you posting that story before, maybe in the thread about your CC Witness dying? Too bad you don't still have the note to post. I recall his show. I think he basically was incapacitated by something (heart attack maybe) a while back so this is sad but not unexpected.

anunnaki

I spoke to Keith Alan Leach, this afternoon. He is the host of http://www.forthepeopleshow.com. He stated that Chuck passed away on Tuesday April 17 2018. Chuck's health was declining and he was living at the Signature Nursing Home. in Gainesville, Florida. According to Keith, Chucks daughter Darlene was not having a funeral or posting an obituary because she didn't want to be swamped with callers, etc. She was very devoted and visited him every Thursday. Keith had a nice tribute show (available free) and included among other callers Stanton Friedman, who had been on Chuck's show many times as well as visiting and staying at the Telford Hotel in White Springs, Florida where Chuck broadcasted his show. I met Stanton during that early 1990's visit and attended his evening lecture that he gave at the local school's auditorium -which was packed. I moved to White Springs in 1993 from New York City, and purchased Chuck's Circa 1900's Queen Anne house. During Chuck's busy 1990's heyday hundreds of listener fans visited this small town of 750 people and no traffic light. They traveled from all over the country to stop by, listen to the live broadcast and watch Chuck through the french doors of his studio from the lobby of the Telford Hotel. Some, as I did, stayed at the Hotel and enjoyed the dining. Chuck was the Rush Limbaugh of his time. I first heard his show on WMCA when I lived in Floral Park, New York. His organization created a lot of jobs in the local community, including a restaurant, bookstore, groundskeepers, etc.

RIP Chuck. Many remember and will miss you.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: anunnaki on April 22, 2018, 12:29:09 PM
I spoke to Keith Alan Leach, this afternoon. He is the host of http://www.forthepeopleshow.com. He stated that Chuck passed away on Tuesday April 17 2018. Chuck's health was declining and he was living at the Signature Nursing Home. in Gainesville, Florida. According to Keith, Chucks daughter Darlene was not having a funeral or posting an obituary because she didn't want to be swamped with callers, etc. She was very devoted and visited him every Thursday. Keith had a nice tribute show (available free) and included among other callers Stanton Friedman, who had been on Chuck's show many times as well as visiting and staying at the Telford Hotel in White Springs, Florida where Chuck broadcasted his show. I met Stanton during that early 1990's visit and attended his evening lecture that he gave at the local school's auditorium -which was packed. I moved to White Springs in 1993 from New York City, and purchased Chuck's Circa 1900's Queen Anne house. During Chuck's busy 1990's heyday hundreds of listener fans visited this small town of 750 people and no traffic light. They traveled from all over the country to stop by, listen to the live broadcast and watch Chuck through the french doors of his studio from the lobby of the Telford Hotel. Some, as I did, stayed at the Hotel and enjoyed the dining. Chuck was the Rush Limbaugh of his time. I first heard his show on WMCA when I lived in Floral Park, New York. His organization created a lot of jobs in the local community, including a restaurant, bookstore, groundskeepers, etc.

RIP Chuck. Many remember and will miss you.

Damn that sucks, I called chuck and talked to him briefly last year. I felt so bad, he told me he was in excruciating pain.

TBPauly

I was Chuck's board operator for a couple of stints in the 1990's...one of Chuck's more frequent guests was Richard C. Hoagland who of course went on to fame with Art.

Never saw Chuck lose his temper or get mad at anybody - kind of an odd thing in the radio business.

brugvu

I'd pay $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for Chuck Harder RCH interviews.

whoa...

find em!
and message me

TBPauly

Hah!  I wish I had saved them.  He was hawking a video at the time (early 1990's) called Hoagland's Mars, if that is any help.

brugvu

Hoagland's mars.. got it.   good tapes.

Robert

Chuck harder?  You're having trouble catching me already!

anunnaki

go to FB page for update on book and video coming out-Forthepeople Keith Alan

stargazr1976

Quote from: klaatu2 on April 19, 2018, 06:02:47 PM

I remember harder. I used to pick him up on my rabbit ears in 95. Lima ohio. Dude had a few fan made boards along the roadside down here in WV too.

I miss the snow on the TV.