• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

jrd30337

Don't want to step out of line, so moderator, please delete if this information causes conflict.
George Knapp is planning a Reddit ama next monday at 1:30 pm pst. Could be of interest to this group.

Morgus

Quote from: floodlight on April 29, 2013, 01:43:39 PM
George Knapp is planning a Reddit ama next monday at 1:30 pm pst.

More details please, what is a "Reddit ama" ?

ItsOver

Who knows, Morgus?  I have the feeling Knapp and Punnett aren't going to be around the C2C train wreck for much longer.  They both pretty much have one foot out the door already.

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on April 29, 2013, 03:01:36 PM
I have the feeling Knapp and Punnett aren't going to be around the C2C train wreck for much longer.  They both pretty much have one foot out the door already.
Punnett has a foot and 2 hands out to the door being down to only one show a month...

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on April 29, 2013, 03:14:02 PM
Punnett has a foot and 2 hands out to the door being down to only one show a month...

;D   Yeah, for all practical purposes, Ian may as well say "adios, muchachos!"

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: ItsOver on April 29, 2013, 03:20:18 PM

;D   Yeah, for all practical purposes, Ian may as well say "adios, muchachos!"
Deus te amat, Ian...

But Premiere don't.  ;)

Meanandnasty

Ian is a blow hard.  They keep him around to blow up the plastic life preserver as the rest of the ship sinks. 

jrd30337

Reddit.com is the web site. ama stands for ask me anything. So next monday at 1:30 pm pst George Knapp will answer questions from users who are participating in real time.

CoastCanuck

Quote from: Morgus on April 29, 2013, 01:38:30 PM
maybe Knapp took last Sunday off when Wells filled in due to some kind of protest regarding the guest(s) they had originally lined up?  8)
This is just my theory, but Knapp did 3 of the 5 Sundays in March.  Maybe the third Sunday in March was in lieu of his getting last Sunday off?

Morgus

Quote from: floodlight on April 29, 2013, 03:51:45 PM
Reddit.com is the web site. ama stands for ask me anything. So next monday at 1:30 pm pst George Knapp will answer questions from users who are participating in real time.
oh, so its like the live chat for streamlink subscribers at the c2c website?

RedMichael

The only novelty of the guest was that it was a left winger instead of a right winger. A nice change of pace but still boring. Vast majority of talk radio, news, etc is politically driven, I like coast to coast to be a counter weight to the real world.

RedMichael

Quote from: Morgus on April 29, 2013, 04:40:40 PM

Nah, its a giant online community. Ask Me Anything is interesting in that the users will literally ask anything. How should I put this, there is no way George Noory would be able to last 10 minutes through one without storming out of the room.

The guy answering questions can pick and choose but it is considered bad form to just cherry pick questions you'd like or tie every answer into selling something or making an overall point. If you do any of that or answer questions in a very generic/vague way the questions will get 10x tougher because it is frowned upon.

I expect Knapp to have a lot of fun. It can make someone but not necessarily break someone. Look up "Woody Harrelson AMA" for an example of how things can go bad. Mind you what you find will just be a summary.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: ItsOver on April 29, 2013, 01:00:34 PM
You're no doubt correct, VtaG.  In my alternate universe, it would be nice to see Knapp pick his own guests and topics.  It would certainly be a lot more creative and entertaining than this crap the PremRat stooges are churning out.  I wonder how much longer Knapp will serve under the PremRat regime.
I think Knapp will leave if they try to push him as far right as they have Noory; who's gone from apolitical group-hugging New Ager to Glock packin'Alex Jones lovin' right-winger.  Noory needs the gig; its his meal ticket. For Knapp its a little extra on the side.

Quote from: Morgus on April 29, 2013, 04:40:40 PM

Its much better. Reddit IAMA's actually have some human interest value.
I submit this recent one titled (its very small and a quick read):
"IAmA playwright, novelist and screenwriter who taught creative writing to murderers in maximum security prisons for 13 years. AMA about Lyle Menendez, Geronimo Pratt and what murderers write about!"
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1ddfst/iama_playwright_novelist_and_screenwriter_who/

I feel its one of the more exciting mediums for interviews to come along in a long time.

mombird3

I was invited to join Knapp on that discussion on Tuesday evening.
Last nights show grossed me out. Knapp does not usually cover the stories like that. We were not expecting this kind of show.
I thought Knapp is usually very good. Wells does this type of show often but I take it with a grain of salt.

WOTR

Quote from: floodlight on April 29, 2013, 01:43:39 PM
Don't want to step out of line, so moderator, please delete if this information causes conflict.
George Knapp is planning a Reddit ama next monday at 1:30 pm pst. Could be of interest to this group.

Excellent.  Is there an archive of these interviews.  I know I will be working and unable to watch or participate- but I really want to see Knapp answer what he thinks of Noory as an interviewer (somebody is bound to ask.)  Will he accept the question- will he do an amazing tap dance putting all of the Hollywood stars of the golden era to shame with his footwork?  Sounds fun.

Knapp doing a Reddit ama is actually pretty cool. He seems to keep up to date on the spectrum of internet communication, which is something I'd expect from a savvy investigative reporter. He's also a pretty honest guy, so this ama ought to be a good one, particularly if some C2C questions are asked, but he's also going to get Las Vegas questions from people familiar with his tv news. I guess expect the unexpected.

Gutsy move, which is another reason why I like Knapp. Art could handle an ama with ease, but as someone else said, Noory wouldn't last 10 minutes even with Tommy holding his hand.

jrd30337

Quote from: WOTR on April 30, 2013, 08:22:43 PM
Excellent.  Is there an archive of these interviews.  I know I will be working and unable to watch or participate- but I really want to see Knapp answer what he thinks of Noory as an interviewer (somebody is bound to ask.)  Will he accept the question- will he do an amazing tap dance putting all of the Hollywood stars of the golden era to shame with his footwork?  Sounds fun.
Yes. There is a search box on the site for locating past ama's. Just pulled up Joe Rogan's recent one. Enjoyed that.
How bout an MV ama?

WOTR

Quote from: floodlight on May 01, 2013, 01:12:55 PM
Yes. There is a search box on the site for locating past ama's. Just pulled up Joe Rogan's recent one. Enjoyed that.
How bout an MV ama?
Thanks.  I was hoping there would be a way to search for it.  I think it will be interesting to read the transcript regardless of what form the questions take (Vegas specific, C2C or both.)  I look forward to seeing what comes out of it.

fotd

Just tuned into Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis.  He mentioned that George Knapp is going to be on the show this hour.  Might want to tune in.  You can stream from KOGO.

edit:. Pretty boring so far. 99% had been about Area51.

edit2:. Bill from Hartford calls and has to mention he's an atheist thrice and he's an astronomer twice.

Nebraska888

Knapp rocks.....period.

ItsOver

Darn...more government-type crap on Sunday with Knapp.  I was hoping for something more paranormal in nature.

George Knapp welcomes investigative author DB Grady, who will discuss how the government secrecy industry speaks in a private language of codes and acronyms, and follows an arcane set of rules and customs designed to perpetuate itself, repel penetration, and deflect oversight. In the first hour, author Logan Beirne talks about his book,Blood of Tyrants: George Washington & the Forging of the Presidency.

Nebraska888

Quote from: ItsOver on May 18, 2013, 09:42:59 AM
Darn...more government-type crap on Sunday with Knapp.  I was hoping for something more paranormal in nature.

George Knapp welcomes investigative author DB Grady, who will discuss how the government secrecy industry speaks in a private language of codes and acronyms, and follows an arcane set of rules and customs designed to perpetuate itself, repel penetration, and deflect oversight. In the first hour, author Logan Beirne talks about his book,Blood of Tyrants: George Washington & the Forging of the Presidency.

I know......I am disappointed too.   :'(     I AM SO SICK OF PROGRAMS ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT.  I listen to political talk every day......please enough is enough.

ItsOver

Quote from: Nebraska888 on May 19, 2013, 05:29:31 AM

I know......I am disappointed too.   :'(     I AM SO SICK OF PROGRAMS ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT.  I listen to political talk every day......please enough is enough.

Same here.  Radio is becoming politics, 24-7.  THERE IS NO ESCAPE.   :-[

Quote from: ItsOver on May 19, 2013, 07:50:38 AM

Same here.  Radio is becoming politics, 24-7.  THERE IS NO ESCAPE.   :-[

Ditto. Although, if it's an interesting sidetrack, not covered by other news media then I'm all for it. I think the distinction for me is politics vs something that deals with topics of a political nature, but isn't partisan politics or the conspiracy theory du jour.

I read Knapp's iama on Reddit. Interesting read. He has the same opinion of Greer as many of us do, that every email he sends out has to do with asking for money and it's not clear where that money is actually going. I like Knapp for this. He's forthright and says what he thinks.

Here's the link: [size=78%]http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1dtaqy/i_am_investigative_journalist_george_knapp/[/size]

I kind of like some of the political shows, or at least I would if they didn't all seem to be getting their information from Fox News. 

But maybe that's because I'm in Canada and not exposed to it all the time.

George Washington- it was angels. 
Around the 40 minute mark of the show.

eddie dean

at the end of his show tonight, Knapp said he will be hosting 2 shows this week. Friday the 24th and Sunday 26th. I hope he will get back to  paranormal topics.

RedMichael

I am biased towards Knapp and more forgiving of the topics. I would like to avoid the political shows but if he does do one, I at least know he has some research to back it up and did a little bit of homework. He is a journalist too and I would hope that plays to not giving a narrative but following whatever narrative the subject gives.

That being said, I agree and hope he goes back to anything but politics.

Morgus

George Knapp is scheduled to fill in for Noory this Friday since Noory is playing hooky again just like last Friday:

UFO Disclosure
Date:    05-24-13
Host:    George Knapp
Guests:    Stephen Bassett

Filling in for George Noory, George Knapp welcomes UFO disclosure activist, Stephen Bassett, for a discussion on the Citizen Hearing on Disclosure and how close we are from finally being told the truth.